NYU Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At this point, there's really 1% chance of getting an admission...

Just start a new application for an upcoming year.

Members don't see this ad.

Ah... you think so? =(

Did anyone find out if the class is full...?

Ah... you think so? =(

Did anyone find out if the class is full...?

I called this morning to check my status and the guy in the admissions office told me that the class looks pretty full. Who knows if he's just saying that, because all the other times I asked they always told me there is no way of really knowing yet. But who knows maybe it's far enough along now that they are getting a better look at what the class is looking like.

I start summer school next week and will be done the end of June so hopefully if there is still a spot in the end of June that might help my chances.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called this morning to check my status and the guy in the admissions office told me that the class looks pretty full. Who knows if he's just saying that, because all the other times I asked they always told me there is no way of really knowing yet. But who knows maybe it's far enough along now that they are getting a better look at what the class is looking like.

I start summer school next week and will be done the end of June so hopefully if there is still a spot in the end of June that might help my chances.

Well...it is confusing since eveytime different people get different responses from different people...=(
But my guess is ..how can he not know about it...and it sounds right.
The class should be full by now...

I guess nyu this year is very different from other years...apparenlty 200+ people want to attend nyu ..

Later on, I am sure few spots will be open but ...

I was a silent observer of this thread and I just got a new information.

I spoke with a guy working at the admission office and he told me the class is still open. The admission committee is reviewing waitlist's application and there is no rank on waitlist.

Everyone! :xf:

At this point, there's really 1% chance of getting an admission...

Just start a new application for an upcoming year.

Apparently I'm the lucky 1%. Just got pulled off the waitlist this morning!! :D

I was just starting to get organized for the next cycle. I'm SO EXCITED!!! :banana:

I was a silent observer of this thread and I just got a new information.

I spoke with a guy working at the admission office and he told me the class is still open. The admission committee is reviewing waitlist's application and there is no rank on waitlist.

Everyone! :xf:

Thanks for the great info!

Did he mention when they will review the waitlist?

Apparently I'm the lucky 1%. Just got pulled off the waitlist this morning!! :D

I was just starting to get organized for the next cycle. I'm SO EXCITED!!! :banana:

Hey congratulations ! =)

When was your interview? (and maybe your stats?)

Thanks!

THANKS!

my interview was in Feb, I applied late (Nov)

PAT: 21 AA: 20

my overall gpa was a 3.2.
CC gpa was 2.75
University gpa was 3.67

Im 26 and have been a Oral surgery assistant for a couple years.

Ruptured my achilles tendon 2 days before the interview and had to show up on crutches, and got pushed around in a wheel chair...

long story short... there is ALWAYS hope!

I had to have surgery the day I got back from my interview to reattach my tendon, so it has been a rough few months. This is what I have been doing to keep my mind off waiting to hear back.

wsb8.jpg

Kayak fishing with a brace on my leg.

Only sad thing is... I dont think there is room for my kayak on the subway!

Last edited:
I had to have surgery the day I got back from my interview to reattach my tendon, so it has been a rough few months. This is what I have been doing to keep my mind off waiting to hear back.

wsb8.jpg

Kayak fishing with a brace on my leg.

Only sad thing is... I dont think there is room for my kayak on the subway!

:thumbup:

Just wanted to give you guys hope too. I have been a silence observer too.

Members don't see this ad :)
50 lbs white seabass?:thumbup: I speared several smaller ones when I was in CA. Nice fish! congrats!

Last edited:
50 lbs white seabass?:thumbup: I speared several smaller ones when I was in CA. Nice fish! congrats!

That one was about 65 lbs. I got a 52lber couple weeks ago and a 50 lber last week. The 65'er will be in a magazine coming up! Gotta catch my fill before school!

Just gave up my acceptance to NYU. Going to University of Michigan. Good luck to whoever gets my seat

nah..still gornisht. dont listen to people who tell you there's no chance tho..still alot of action left until orientation day

I called last week and was told that the class is not full yet...

anyone called more recently?

I called last week and was told that the class is not full yet...

anyone called more recently?

I hope you get in jkimu, then this form wont have to keep going to the top!

I called last week too so I'm holding out this week and I'll call again next week. I'm still hoping to get in too.

Still nothing... but I see other ppl getting in off the waitlist at other
schools so I guess we should be hearing somethiing soon too!

(assuming that the waitlist at NYU should be more active than other schools'......or hopefully)

It is almost June, do you guys have plan B ?

I am currently working with my prof for journal publication (I have just finished my undergrad in May). Hope this improves my application if I don't get in this year. My plan B is just re-apply and in the meantime work with the prof for more publications and presentations..and then if I don't get in again then masters program.

I'm working on my plan B as well. I started summer school last week and I'm taking genetics, and immunology. I applied for Medical Lab Science second bachelors through Idaho State University. I will re-apply for this next year as soon as I get done with my summer classes in 4 weeks. I'm not going to retake the DAT but I'm going to get about 50 more shadow hours this summer.

I got 3.9 GPA this year and hopefully that could improve my application...
But I guess around this time, the class should be full by now..... I guess I should work on my plan B then... sigh...

Yeah ... looks like the class is full (I am going to call this week to see if it is full, and let you guys know).

But I am sure there will be some movements until the class starts, but don't know how many that will be..=(

Last i spoke with Dr. Mejia she mentioned that invites were being sent out based on DAT

Really? DAT? then I don't know where I stand with...21...

I don't think there are so many ppl on waitlist with AA 22+, so DAT is

def not the only thing considered..=(

Last edited:
Really? DAT? then I don't know where I stand with...21...

I don't think there are so many ppl on waitlist with AA 22+, so DAT is

def not the only thing considered..=(

definitely not the only thing considered. But take this with a grain of salt. All she said to me was "I haven't gotten to applicants with your DATs yet"

I had 18AA.

definitely not the only thing considered. But take this with a grain of salt. All she said to me was "I haven't gotten to applicants with your DATs yet"

I had 18AA.

Hey, when and how did you talk to Dr.Mejia?

and it sounds like I was not picked after reviewing my file...=(

I retook DAT in March and got 24s. So, I do not think acceptance is only based on DAT. Well, I wish it's true though. Then, I have a very good shot getting accepted.

You have to see from Dr. Mejia's point of view.

I am pretty sure she doesn't want to give admissions to people with 23+ DAT scores because they have higher chance of getting into other schools than NYU. At this time of the year, the class should be full and if they still have some spots left, they probably want people who could that the spots immediately. so if you have DAT scores around 20 and GPA around 3.5, you still have a good shot of getting in.. I think..​

You have to see from Dr. Mejia's point of view.

I am pretty sure she doesn't want to give admissions to people with 23+ DAT scores because they have higher chance of getting into other schools than NYU. At this time of the year, the class should be full and if they still have some spots left, they probably want people who could that the spots immediately. so if you have DAT scores around 20 and GPA around 3.5, you still have a good shot of getting in.. I think..​

That would really suck if she really thinks that because I am wailisted only at NYU.

I called and it looks like the class has not been finalized...(doesn't mean the class is not full at this point, this I don't know) so I m hoping some movements! =)

maybe something like this...

"Well we don't know at this moment but we are still reviewing people who are on the waiting list. You never know, so please be patient and hope for the best" ... Just like what they told me a month ago and they are saying the same thing over and over again.

I really don't like being on the waiting list..........................

"Well we don't know at this moment but we are still reviewing people who are on the waiting list. You never know, so please be patient and hope for the best" ... Just like what they told me a month ago and they are saying the same thing over and over again.

lol, bingo =)

Yeah, I know... but like they always say, anything can happen and will happen.

And when the waitlist at other schools with less than 100 seats are having movements, NYU gotta be much more active (hopefully).

Also, kkim85, you have a good gpa so don't worry =)

Hey Kkim85 please try and be patient! We are all waiting and we don't need negativity on this thread, we are all trying to stay positive...nobody likes being waitlisted but thats what it is so please everybody if you have no meaningful update stop bumping this thread up and stay put! There are alot of silent observers of this thread and some have recently gotten in with only one post on this thread....

By the way,,

I had one dream and I would like to share it with all of you here...

As we all know, it is extremely difficult to talk to Dr. Mejia....

It was two night ago, while I was in deep sleep, I had one dream.

It's a long story but in short, I had a chance to talk to Dr. Mejia!!!

I told her that I really want to go NYU but her final word was

"Your marks are good but your DAT scores are bad!"

It was weird but at least I had a chance to talk to her :))

By the way,,

I had one dream and I would like to share it with all of you here...

As we all know, it is extremely difficult to talk to Dr. Mejia....

It was two night ago, while I was in deep sleep, I had one dream.

It's a long story but in short, I had a chance to talk to Dr. Mejia!!!

I told her that I really want to go NYU but her final word was

"Your marks are good but your DAT scores are bad!"

It was weird but at least I had a chance to talk to her :))

haha