NYU Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey Boise, did you also get the call?

No call for me yet!
Just hoping everyday is the lucky day.

My DAT 19/19/28

Members don't see this ad.

Mines 3.4 3.4sci gpa 19/19/16..waiting is teh suck

Members don't see this ad :)
If I am not mistaken, "Teeth247" was accepted off of the waitlist very recently. That is what he/she said in the "michigan vs. nyu" thread.
Sorry guys, just noticed that he has posted that a while ago!

Sorry guys, just noticed that he has posted that a while ago!

Actually, I think he was probably waitlisted at NYU when he posted that b/c at the bottom of the thread, he posted today that he just got accepted to NYU . ;)

Just to give you guys some news/hope, a friend of mine just got the call from NYU today saying he'd been accepted off the waitlist. He's already decided to go to another dental school so he won't be taking that seat. Good luck!

Just to give you guys some news/hope, a friend of mine just got the call from NYU today saying he'd been accepted off the waitlist. He's already decided to go to another dental school so he won't be taking that seat. Good luck!

Thank you for sharing with us! =)

Yes, thank you for letting us know. Tell your friend thank you from all of us still waiting in hopes that seat goes to one of us!

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's more hope. I'm about to give up my nyu seat in the next few days, as soon as they confirm my waiting list acceptance at Tufts. There goes my $2500 deposit :D

does anyone know how many waitlisted studenst NYU holds?

i just asked helen and she said that she couldn't disclose that information.

heard NYU waitlist is 200+ long... =(

any hope at this point ?...

It has been such a long time to visit this forum again. As you know if you searched my old posts, I was waitlisted for 8 months and fortunately, I got a phone call at the very last minute. During 8 months waiting, I tried to do EVERYTHING to get into NYU. I mean EVERYTHING....emails, letters (hand-writing and typing), visiting, update, new recommendations from same professors and dentists, calling, and even asking for the chance of shadowing....

Guys, what I had done might look useless and helpless at that moment, but it is priceless once you get into NYU. I know that the waitlist is very long but you never know. Since it is not ranked (for sure..that's why I had a chance, I believe), the next could be you.

Good luck to you all.

It has been such a long time to visit this forum again. As you know if you searched my old posts, I was waitlisted for 8 months and fortunately, I got a phone call at the very last minute. During 8 months waiting, I tried to do EVERYTHING to get into NYU. I mean EVERYTHING....emails, letters (hand-writing and typing), visiting, update, new recommendations from same professors and dentists, calling, and even asking for the chance of shadowing....

Guys, what I had done might look useless and helpless at that moment, but it is priceless once you get into NYU. I know that the waitlist is very long but you never know. Since it is not ranked (for sure..that's why I had a chance, I believe), the next could be you.

Good luck to you all.

Thanks Milkymonster, this is very encouraging ! =)

Good luck to you all.

Thanks milkymonster. You're keeping the hope alive!

I guess today's done ... no calls ? =(

Called and spoke to Dr. Mejia. She quotes there are three people on the fence as of today (05/07), but anything can happen as the school year approaches.

I love that "anything can happen" line they all say....

Called and spoke to Dr. Mejia. She quotes there are three people on the fence as of today (05/07), but anything can happen as the school year approaches.

I am sorry what does that mean...?

I am sorry what does that mean...?

It probably means they've offered a seat to 3 different people, but those people haven't said yes or no yet, so those 3 seats could re-open soon

feels like this year is moving slower than usual

Yeah, looks very slow ...=(

So it means only 3 people got accepted off the waitlist? that sounds like the class is almost full ...

I got a confirmation email back from NYU regarding my withdrawal. Someone should be happy!

how were you able to speak to Dr. Mejia?

Every time I call, Helen keeps telling me she's not in and that it's not a good idea to talk to her

I never even got to meet Dr. Mejia the day of my interview and she hasn't responded to my email either.

how were you able to speak to Dr. Mejia?

Every time I call, Helen keeps telling me she's not in and that it's not a good idea to talk to her

I never even got to meet Dr. Mejia the day of my interview and she hasn't responded to my email either.

I am not sure why it is a bad idea to talk to Dr.Mejia...? anyone?

hmm. im waitlisted here as well as Stony Brook Dental. . .

it looks like I'll be going to stony brook for my masters in chemistry however if I don't hear from NYU soon =( ...

Raise my grades and reapply. hmph.

have a 3.2 gpa 20AA 21TS.

Very disappointed =(

I would guess that the 3 people on the fence as of 5/7 are people that were taken off the waitlist that day. So I think the class size still has lots of room but maybe they just accepted 3 people that day and they have time to consider the option. At least I'm hoping that's what it means.

I would guess that the 3 people on the fence as of 5/7 are people that were taken off the waitlist that day. So I think the class size still has lots of room but maybe they just accepted 3 people that day and they have time to consider the option. At least I'm hoping that's what it means.

If they still have many seats to fill...why only 3 people...?
I really hope you are right! =)

If they still have many seats to fill...why only 3 people...?
I really hope you are right! =)

I don't know maybe to control the number of seats. They are probably being cautious to make sure they don't accept too many applicants for the number of seats. I'm hoping at least! :)

Well I just registered for DAT in August...

I myself have a really good GPA but seems like My DAT scores got me this year..

Well, I mean you never know but it is better to prepare for an unfortunate circumstance....

Yeah, looks very slow ...=(

So it means only 3 people got accepted off the waitlist? that sounds like the class is almost full ...

You have to keep in mind, there are lots of people out there who don't participate on sdn, therefore whatever #'s we get here are just a small indicator of what's really going on.

You have to keep in mind, there are lots of people out there who don't participate on sdn, therefore whatever #'s we get here are just a small indicator of what's really going on.

Yeah, you are right, but that was what Dr.Mejia said according to tbf.

We just have to pray now....

Also, if you have high DAT scores, you have a higher chance of getting in.

I am 99.9% sure that they give out acceptance based on DAT scores.

I assume that most of you guys have average 19 or 20 in DAT??

No way,,,I have 21 ... =(

Ya I'm a 19/19/28

kkim85- are you in that same ball park for DAT score?

Hello to those of you on the waitlist.

Keep your heads up high and don't lose hope. When they say anything can happen they mean it. When I applied I was also waitlisted at NYU. I lost hope and then NYU gave me a call on the day of orientation.

I wish the best of luck to all those who are still waiting. If you don't get in this year, make the best of the following year.