NYU Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At this point I would still really liked to get an acceptance, but I'm also trying to improve my application by doing more shadow hours, and I'm in summer school. It looks like the movement is a lot slower this year than years past. Lets just hope they let us know really soon one way or another. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Somebody just got an inteview =(

Good for him/her, bad for us =(

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think so...

I think they just want to see who she or he is at this moment.

I saw that post too but I don't know that I really believe it, why would they do an interview in June for Fall admission when they have a whole waitlist? Anyone understand this?

I saw that post too but I don't know that I really believe it, why would they do an interview in June for Fall admission when they have a whole waitlist? Anyone understand this?
Folks, it happens all the time... Students upgrade their apps (by imporving DAT or sending in their final grades etc....) Just do a search and you will find several posts on last minute interviews and acceptances. One of my close friends just got an interview from a west coast school last week and got accepted within 3 days. So, again, it happens all the time.....

hmmm...ok, thanks for the explaination, I just hadn't heard of it before so wasn't aware it was possible

The class got full a long time ago, it is just that it has NOT been finalized.

So don't be too negative, I am sure some of us will get the call later...

yeah, anybody with updates?

Called and the class is full =(

Are we really not ranked on the list...?

+ have you guys re-applied yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
will submit re-application today or tmr...
I really wanted to get in before class is full :(

what extra things are you guys adding to your app. thats different from last year?...

wow thats nice. Do you mind sharing stats? so i can see how far i am?

20 AA/ 22 PAT
gpa: 3.35

I got in thru the 7 year program tho... with Uhart... they waitlisted me cause they didnt like my DAT when i first took it and got a 19 so i just retook it. when i sent them the scores they called me and let me know about 2 hours later.
But i really pushed them to let me in cause of the affiliated program... idk how well it wouldve worked if i had applied normally...
gluck tho anythings possible with this school

1-888 number is an ad call...

LOLOL XD

I just got the call today that i got in

Congrats SilverTornado. I'm glad someone got some good news.

I just finished up summer school and I got an A in genetics and an A in immunology, so hopefully that helps me. I called to tell them my updates. Still crossing my fingers. It would be crazy to up and move to NYC from Idaho with so little time but I would do it.

Hey Boise, is it just us now? =(

Do you think she will make more calls..?

I Think so but it won't be for a while now. When I called a couple of weeks ago to update my status with my summer school classes they said the class is now full and has been for a while. And they also said that based on past years people don't start dropping until the final deposits are due and school is starting. Have you got your new application in for this next year? What did you do to improve it?

I Think so but it won't be for a while now. When I called a couple of weeks ago to update my status with my summer school classes they said the class is now full and has been for a while. And they also said that based on past years people don't start dropping until the final deposits are due and school is starting. Have you got your new application in for this next year? What did you do to improve it?

Yeah I called too and that's what they said at that time...but then I see some people getting the call so nothing is so predictable...
I already re-applied and will be doing Masters.
Still hoping to get the callll tho...=)

Yeah I called too and that's what they said at that time...but then I see some people getting the call so nothing is so predictable...
I already re-applied and will be doing Masters.
Still hoping to get the callll tho...=)

How many schools did you reapply to? What did you do to better your application other than go back to school? Did you get more shadow hours? More community service?

How many schools did you reapply to? What did you do to better your application other than go back to school? Did you get more shadow hours? More community service?

I applied about 15 and ... but didn't do more shadowing.
hopefully my graduate gpa improves my application..
what about you? are you also doing masters?

I applied about 15 and ... but didn't do more shadowing.
hopefully my graduate gpa improves my application..
what about you? are you also doing masters?

I'm applying to 12. I got into the Clinical Science Research program through Idaho State University for this fall. It will get me a second bachelors degree. My first bachelors is Health Science from Boise State so I had to take genetics and immunology this summer to link the two together. I am doing more shadowing. I'm going to get at least 50 more hours this month and just update as I get them done. I did 15 more hours last week. I wish NYU would just call me with an acceptance so I could forget all this extra stress but I guess it's all happening for a reason.

GOT THE CALLLLLLLLLLL !!!!!!! CANT BELIEVE IT!

hey but wasn't 1-888 number for me... but that doens't matter =)

I hope everyone else gets the call too!!!

congrats, I kept my finger crossed for you guys. Now if you need a roomate, pm me.

Jkimu-
CONGRATULATIONS! That's awesome!:laugh:

Congrats!

I've been a silent observer myself. Hoping to get the call myself too. Did they call your cellphone directly or your home number?

Congrats!

I've been a silent observer myself. Hoping to get the call myself too. Did they call your cellphone directly or your home number?

Hey, thanks!

I only gave my cell phone number so I actually dont know which one they call first... but don't worry you will hear a good news either way ! =)

oh wow! you must be ecstatic!!

tumblr_l5m9s2vvBM1qzmrn8o1_400.jpg

Thank you!
Cutting it close is good way to put it. I'm stoked though and now just trying to find out how I'm moving my family across the country. Does anyone know where good areas are to live? We have two little kids so we need a safe area.

Thank you!
Cutting it close is good way to put it. I'm stoked though and now just trying to find out how I'm moving my family across the country. Does anyone know where good areas are to live? We have two little kids so we need a safe area.

Hey Boise, CONGRATZZZZZZZ !!
What did I say! I knew you'd get the call =)

See you soon!

Hey Boise, CONGRATZZZZZZZ !!
What did I say! I knew you'd get the call =)

See you soon!

Thank you! You're right you called it. Can't wait. I'm really stressed getting everything ready. Have you found a place to live yet? What area are you looking at?

Thank you! You're right you called it. Can't wait. I'm really stressed getting everything ready. Have you found a place to live yet? What area are you looking at?

Yeah, I am still looking for a place to live... everything now is very expensive since it is like back to school time..=(
And for you, it might be even more expensive since you are going to need at least one bed apt..

Yeah I am also very stressed with moving.. because I am from Canada, I also have to deal with visa and everything... I think you are lucky ! =)

Yeah, I am still looking for a place to live... everything now is very expensive since it is like back to school time..=(
And for you, it might be even more expensive since you are going to need at least one bed apt..

Yeah I am also very stressed with moving.. because I am from Canada, I also have to deal with visa and everything... I think you are lucky ! =)

Oh wow that's a big move too! I'm going to leave my family in Boise for the first week of orientation and then fly home and drive with them during that week off before school actually starts. I love the acceptance but it would have been nice to have it a few months ago! :laugh: Good luck with the visa and everything. Let me know if you research and find some good areas to live. It seams like every website is different as far as information on areas. It's very frustrating! :mad: