NYU Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh wow that's a big move too! I'm going to leave my family in Boise for the first week of orientation and then fly home and drive with them during that week off before school actually starts. I love the acceptance but it would have been nice to have it a few months ago! :laugh: Good luck with the visa and everything. Let me know if you research and find some good areas to live. It seams like every website is different as far as information on areas. It's very frustrating! :mad:

Oh, I see, but you know what..I heard we are doing somethiing after the orientation so it s not really a break. So make sure you plan everything right! =)

Members don't see this ad.

Oh, I see, but you know what..I heard we are doing somethiing after the orientation so it s not really a break. So make sure you plan everything right! =)

What did you hear? Do you know what it is or anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! Congrats you two, inspiring :) Good luck with your moves and D-school!

Wow! Congrats you two, inspiring :) Good luck with your moves and D-school!

Thank you minotaur9! Don't lose hope! I figured there was no way I was getting in this late and it happened. There is always a chance! Keep calling and make your name known! Good luck:luck:

Last edited:
Thank you minotaur9! Don't lose hope! I figured there was no way I was getting in this late and it happened. There is always a chance! Keep calling and make your name known! Good luck:luck:

hey boisestate,

When you kept calling, who did you keep talking to? I still have never got the chance to speak to Dr. Mejia because every time I call, they never let me talk to her. It's very frustrating.

I am number 1 on the waiting list at my number 1 choice and I have an acceptance at NYU, I really want to give up my spot at NYU, please keep your fingers crossed for me!

hey boisestate,

When you kept calling, who did you keep talking to? I still have never got the chance to speak to Dr. Mejia because every time I call, they never let me talk to her. It's very frustrating.

Hey gmatta-
I never got to talk to Dr Mejia. I would just call admissions and check the status on my application. They said they would record in my file every time I called. So I thought that would look good when they finally got to my name on the waitlist they would see that I was still showing interest in the school. A few times I would ask to be transferred to her voice mail and I did leave her a couple messages just letting her know I was impressed with the school would love to go to school there. She never called me back but did respond to me by e-mail at that point. Basically she told me in e-mail that she got my voice mail and at that point could not offer me an acceptance, but to keep showing interest and updating my application when possible. Hope this helps. Good luck! :luck:

BoiseState you DEFINITELY deserve it. Congrats!

Jkimu congrats too! I'm also Canadian and I hope I can get into NYU in my future lol

GOOD JOB Guys!

Hey guys i finally can post on this wall after getting great acceptances at upenn and temple i was still unhappy i was not going to nyu .. All i can say is being persistant counts..I finally got in on wed.. Congrats to boise too ..i had been watching this thread like a hawk .. Look foward to seeing you guys soon..

Hey guys i finally can post on this wall after getting great acceptances at upenn and temple i was still unhappy i was not going to nyu .. All i can say is being persistant counts..I finally got in on wed.. Congrats to boise too ..i had been watching this thread like a hawk .. Look foward to seeing you guys soon..

Nice! Grats man. Just curious, what is it about NYU that made it your #1 choice? Temple and Upeen are both great schools so it must've been something big!

Hey thanks.. Well im from brooklyn ..not to far from the city .. When i first went there for the interview i liked it alot and felt like it was the place to be.. the clinics are very nice.. The amount of patients you see is very high and for me it is cheaper than upenn.. Im not knocking upenn they are so great there and very personal .. But i know nyu is where i should be..i went on four interviews and was granted 4 waitlist spots and from that came 3 acceptances .. I was all ready to go to upenn but then got the call and i could not be happier.. Be persistant make sure they know who you are and what you desire be professional and always keep them posted on new achievements they love to see how active you are=]

Hey thanks.. Well im from brooklyn ..not to far from the city .. When i first went there for the interview i liked it alot and felt like it was the place to be.. the clinics are very nice.. The amount of patients you see is very high and for me it is cheaper than upenn.. Im not knocking upenn they are so great there and very personal .. But i know nyu is where i should be..i went on four interviews and was granted 4 waitlist spots and from that came 3 acceptances .. I was all ready to go to upenn but then got the call and i could not be happier.. Be persistant make sure they know who you are and what you desire be professional and always keep them posted on new achievements they love to see how active you are=]

DrDrill would you mind sharing your stats?

I'm interested in both of schools you got in (NYU and UPenn - my top choice if I can get in).

Thanks in advance!

Just letting you know that i am giving up my spot at NYU tomorrow, so one more spot open for you guys, best of luck!!!! :luck:

But I declined the offer!
Whoever gets the spot, Good Luck!:laugh:

nope, orientation starts on Monday which is what I've heard is the last day we could be accepted