NYU Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got a call on Wednesday! I have been on the wait list since 12/1. PDdoctor, have you gotten your acceptance letter in the mail yet? They said they would send it overnight, but it hasn't arrived yet...

Members don't see this ad.

I got a call on Wednesday! I have been on the wait list since 12/1. PDdoctor, have you gotten your acceptance letter in the mail yet? They said they would send it overnight, but it hasn't arrived yet...

hey unckimberly and pddoctor, can i ask your stats and when you were interviewed? :)

oh, do you guys know if preference is given to people who interviewed pre december on the waitlist? i thought i heard on interview day dr. mejia mentioning something like that, but i could be wrong...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
hope the class is not full yet =(

so worried...

I interviewed on 10/29

Hey UNCKimberly- Congrats on the acceptance! I interviewed mid September and I still haven't heard anything yet! I'm getting really stressed out. Would you mind telling me what your stats were when you interviewed? If you don't want to say it on here would you maybe PM me? I just wanted to see if I'm in the same ball park. Thank you!

thx for all the congrats. I really wish all of you best luck!
Here's my stat: 21 on dat / 3.4 on gpa
applied late so interviewed on mid-late feb.
:love:

I know some of you have emailed the school, but did you guys tell why u want to go to NYU and what you like about the school?
I interviewed pretty late, in early March, and got accepted the next week. Before that I only had one interview and was planning to reapply.I emailed them like twice before my interview invite to update them on what I've been doing and telling them why nyu is a good fit for me. So you guys can try that. GOOD LUCK!

No i haven't received anything. Dr. Mejia didn't say whether she's going to send it overnight or regular. I think it would be a regular mail. She told me to just send the deposit

just got the call yesterday (4/20)! :love:. i interviewed on march 19 & was waitlisted on march 30.

definitely keep e-mailing/calling them. i sent thank u cards to my interviewers, but they didn't get there before my letter was sent out, so i emailed dr. mejia once before i got my waitlist letter & another time after to express how much i wanted to go to nyu. then i e-mailed them this morning & an hr later, helen dowler (sp?) called me & said, "i just got ur e-mail..." then asked if i would be able to pay the deposit by may 1st. didn't say i was accepted, but said she'd talk to me soon. 2 hrs later, she called saying i'd been admitted. so keep ur chin up! :). good luck to y'all!

just got the call yesterday (4/20)! :love:. i interviewed on march 19 & was waitlisted on march 30.

definitely keep e-mailing/calling them. i sent thank u cards to my interviewers, but they didn't get there before my letter was sent out, so i emailed dr. mejia once before i got my waitlist letter & another time after to express how much i wanted to go to nyu. then i e-mailed them this morning & an hr later, helen dowler (sp?) called me & said, "i just got ur e-mail..." then asked if i would be able to pay the deposit by may 1st. didn't say i was accepted, but said she'd talk to me soon. 2 hrs later, she called saying i'd been admitted. so keep ur chin up! :). good luck to y'all!

Congratulations tbird!
I interviewed in Septemeber and I'm still waiting! Hope to hear from them soon. I have called and e-mailed a ton. Hope to see you this fall.

why do you wanna go to nyu? when there are much better shools like harvard/columbia/ucla etc.. i would not personally choose nyu becuase it is not that prestigious

Members don't see this ad :)
why do you wanna go to nyu? when there are much better shools like harvard/columbia/ucla etc.. i would not personally choose nyu becuase it is not that prestigious

Then don't. It's not your decision to make the tbird enjoy it

Thanks Boise & DrDDS! Hope to see u in aug too! :)

bc I really don't have options... Or a 4.0 & 25DAT. Lol

Prestigious? LOL I didnt know that when you get your dds or dmd awarded to you that certain institutions write on it 'with prestige this is awarded to..' :confused:

Or that patients only go to you if you went to a 'prestigious' school.

dental school is dental school.

Prestigious? LOL I didnt know that when you get your dds or dmd awarded to you that certain institutions write on it 'with prestige this is awarded to..' :confused:

Or that patients only go to you if you went to a 'prestigious' school.

dental school is dental school.

Well said Pawkinlot! There is a school for everyone.

that person has 1 post, its clear that this person is just trying to get a rise out of you guys, wouldnt take it too seriously, better to ignore in my opinion lol

and i wouldn't call harvard or columbia better dental schools either... do your research before you make a stupid statement like that. If a clinician is what you want to be, NYU is def better equipped because it is HIGHLY clinical. Harvard and Columbia both are more research focused and much lighter on the clinical side. Personally, I would prefer to have my dentist graduate from NYU then either harvard or columbia. There is a high likelihood that this NYU DDS would have better chairside manor and more finely attuned clinical skills assuming all fresh right from dental school.

Is there a particular day that Dr.Mejia calls , still nothing...

Would Dr. Mejia leave a message if no one answers? I only have my home phone on file and afraid that if she happens to call, I can't answer her, and she won't leave a message!of course if..

I called admissions again today to check my status. The lady told me that they are still waiting on a few deposits. And when someone either withdraws or doesn't turn in a deposit, they look at the wait list and call someone with similar characteristics. She also said that because I'm calling and checking my status about every couple weeks, I'm on the active waitlist. Just meaning that I am still showing interest in the school. So I guess my advice is to keep calling so they know your interested. Good luck to all of us.

compared to the last year's, the waitlist looks not very active...so worried
wondering how many people who sent their 1st deposit are not sending their 2nd deposit...

Been waitlisted since 12/1 seems the movement is slow this year...

Someone would be taking my spot. Withdrawing soon.

Thank you to those that are withdrawing. At least one of you has to send your spot my way. :)

Thanks all for withdrawing! =)

and just 2 more days to May 1st...finger crossed..

Is that when the second deposit is due?

The second deposit has been for a long time now. For ppl who interviewed late (like march) the entire deposit was due within a few weeks of being accepted.

Does anyone if May 1st is the last day that ALL deposits are due? It seems like it's taking a really long time for everyone to get deposits in, and the dates keep moving back. Maybe it just seems that way because I'm anxious to find out.

Does anyone if May 1st is the last day that ALL deposits are due? It seems like it's taking a really long time for everyone to get deposits in, and the dates keep moving back. Maybe it just seems that way because I'm anxious to find out.

May 1st is the day when everyone has to decide where they will be attending...

Found this interesting post...
http://www.adea.org/ABOUT_ADEA/GOVER...tatements.aspx

Dental schools participating in AADSAS will report to AADSAS by May 1 the names and identification numbers of candidates who have paid a deposit and/or hold a position in their entering class. After May 5, AADSAS will report to each institution the names of candidates in their entering class who are holding acceptance(s) at additional institutions. Dental schools will have the option of rescinding an offer of admission to candidates who have paid deposits and are holding positions at multiple institutions. Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on May 1 of the year of admission will give such candidates a minimum fifteen-day notice if they choose to withdraw them from the entering class....

AHHHH I just got THE call from Dr. Mejia!!! I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to everyone else!!

AHHHH I just got THE call from Dr. Mejia!!! I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to everyone else!!

Hey congratz!

Did Dr.Mejia mention anything else about the waitlist?

Do you mind sharing your stat and your interview date..?

Thanks!

No call..would anyone who got one like to share stats? My theory is they're calling ppl in descending order of DAT scores..