NYU or Mount Sinai

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaped

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
money is not a deciding factor --- how to choose?

Members don't see this ad.

My choice would be Sinai... and btw, are you effing serious

Members don't see this ad :)
Obviously Mt. Sinai. Talked to some students there and they love it. No undergrad. Great research opportunities. Right beside Central Park/Museum Mile. Notable faculty.

wow surprised no love for NYU. I can't comment just usually when this comes up its at least competitive (although cornell usually gets thrown into the mix as well)

Depends on you. What were your thoughts about both? They have different feels. Sinai is more academic focused, NYU is a little more clinical.

NYU has a new 1.5 year pre-clinic curriculum, which might be your thing. It's also connected to Bellevue and gets you a degree from a university with an established global name. Though, not particularly in medicine.

I interviewed at both and found I fit in more the Sinai crowd. I also found the basic science research and academic focus to be more apparent...and thought the facilities were generally better (housing, academic, some hospital facilities). I know money isn't an issue, but for me...Sinai was cheaper given the lower tuition and cheaper housing option.

still not convinced which will be better for me----any other med schools with the 1.5 curriculum?

still not convinced which will be better for me----any other med schools with the 1.5 curriculum?

Are you an applicant assuming hypothetical acceptances to NYU and Sinai? If so, I have nothing more to say to you. -____-

Is this seriously the case? The OP is probably graduating HS next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.