Nyu Interviews!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
nab and docvanssz,
hi,
I have also applied to nyu with nbde 87, toefl 95, ece 3.76. I have not yet heard from them. Do you think I have any chance to hear from them? Should I call them? Plz advice. I will appreciate. I received card from them showing my status as completed appln. on 17th of january. After that i have not heard anything from them.

Members don't see this ad.

I got interview call on monday but on tuesday i was refused US visa :scared:

Got interview yesterday.
For everybody who is waiting for call- dont loose your hope.
For everyone who is going to interview-be calm, dont worry
My congratulation for everyone who have been accepted!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
what should i write in thank u card (email) ?

funny

hi dusja

congratulations. can u plz share ur stats with us

Got interview yesterday.
For everybody who is waiting for call- dont loose your hope.
For everyone who is going to interview-be calm, dont worry
My congratulation for everyone who have been accepted!!!!

Hi Dusja,
Congrats.I am also a reapplicant and waiting for an interview call.

anybody for interview on 20th feb. at NYU.?

I got interview call on monday but on tuesday i was refused US visa :scared:

Congratulations for your interview call.. and about your US visa refused..have you showed them that you have received an interview call? what was the reasons for the refuse?
Good luck:luck:
Congratulations for all that received a call and got their acceptance letter:) I'm still eagerly waiting:oops:

hi,
any female willing to share motel,for interview at nyu on feb 13 th.
plz contact me
thanks

hi

did anyone reiceve interview calls (for NYU) either for 2/20 or 2/22 already?

or did anyone hear from NYU (whose application was complete after 01/15/2007 ) ?

my application was complete on 01/24 and trying to see where i stand in the process...

i truly appreciate your feedback/responses in advance.

Congratulations for those who made it and all the best for those still waiting for interviews.

regards

hi

did anyone reiceve interview calls (for NYU) either for 2/20 or 2/22 already?

or anyone whose application was complete after 01/15/2007 ?

my application was complete on 01/24 and trying to see where i stand in the process...

i truly appreciate your feedback/responses in advance.

Congratulations for those who made it and all the best for those still waiting for interviews.

regards

did you get the call?when are you called for

Members don't see this ad :)
hi

no i didnt recieve a call yet, iam waiting to hear from NYU.

with my previous posting/questions, i was trying to see how long it might take to hear from NYU in my case.

i called them this morning and heard that my application is not yet reviewed.

regards

did you get the call?when are you called for

Hi all... I don't think anyone of you would know me. It's been a while since I posted here. Anyway, I got a call from NYU. I have scheduled an interview for the 15'th of Feb. Wondering if I would get to meet someone from SDN on that day.
This was supposed to be my last attempt. I applied for the 2005 intake with a score of 85. I was called for an interview and waitlisted. However, I never made it to the final cut. I took my part 1 again and managed 88. That for NYU, didn't seem enough. So I joined the 'Clinical Research' Program in NYU last september and really slogged to get good grades and impress the admissions dept. Guess it has finally paid.
My advice for those who are still waiting.....don't loose hope. This is my third attempt. It's not a matter of 'If'...rather a matter of 'when'

Hi AjayDas,

Please share ur stats on the thread and did u only apply in nyu or other universities also. congratulations on ur interview.

thanks
molar19

Hmm.. some people are going to be really happy once they see this
part1 =88
TOEFL =290
WES =3.6
ECE =2.4!!!

As you know, NYU stopped accepting WES last year. But they do have both my ECE and WES GPAs. Dr Hittleman did ask me about the discrepancy between the two. The research program was an opportunity for me to impress them and I daresay I did pretty well in the first semester. I wanted to show them that I could be a part of NYU education system and ace it.
I did not apply to any other University. I also tried to make that clear to them by asking my program director and faculty to give me just one recommendation letter.
Someone had mentioned that NYU doesn't accept people with GPA less than 3. I bed to differ. I personally know a few with GPA close to 2.5 who have been accepted. At the same time, I know that one of the reason for me getting this call so early is that this is my third attempt.

congrats ajay,ur post really gives a lot of hope to most people.thanks and good luck.

nab and docvanssz,
hi,
I have also applied to nyu with nbde 87, toefl 95, ece 3.76. I have not yet heard from them. Do you think I have any chance to hear from them? Should I call them? Plz advice. I will appreciate. I received card from them showing my status as completed appln. on 17th of january. After that i have not heard anything from them.
ur stats r good... so u can definitely expect an interview call... so dont worry, have faith in the almighty... all the best...

congratulations to all of you who received their acceptance letters for nyu and best of luck to all those who received their interview letters.........you guys are definitely one step closer to fulfill your dreams................i am still waiting for a interview call from nyu, kinda disheartened..............:(

Hi docvanssz,
Thanks for your encouraging words. I am waiting but your words mean a lot.

congratulations to all of you who received their acceptance letters for nyu and best of luck to all those who received their interview letters.........you guys are definitely one step closer to fulfill your dreams................i am still waiting for a interview call from nyu, kinda disheartened..............:(
don't you worry dear hope for best...we all are in same boat...
good luck

Hi all... I don't think anyone of you would know me. It's been a while since I posted here. Anyway, I got a call from NYU. I have scheduled an interview for the 15'th of Feb. Wondering if I would get to meet someone from SDN on that day.
This was supposed to be my last attempt. I applied for the 2005 intake with a score of 85. I was called for an interview and waitlisted. However, I never made it to the final cut. I took my part 1 again and managed 88. That for NYU, didn't seem enough. So I joined the 'Clinical Research' Program in NYU last september and really slogged to get good grades and impress the admissions dept. Guess it has finally paid.
My advice for those who are still waiting.....don't loose hope. This is my third attempt. It's not a matter of 'If'...rather a matter of 'when'

Hi ajay das,
Congrats on your interview call.Hope u do it well.Good luck

hi all ,i got a rejection letter from NYU today even without being called for an interview.my score was 85 part 1,ece 2.67 and toefl 109.this was my first time applying.feel extremely disheartened and broken down.nyu was my only hope.I now hope maybe God has something better planned for me.but really it is very hard that the rejection letter came so early on.

hi all ,i got a rejection letter from NYU today even without being called for an interview.my score was 85 part 1,ece 2.67 and ..........

Dear Walnut, I know it's very tough, but as you said God definitely has something else in store for you...Dont be disheartened...Never Give up...
Wish you goodluck in all your future endeavours...

i called them today and asked about my application status and the same old answer it is complete but it hasn't been reviewed. so then i asked them when i will be getting my rejection letter the answer is the same it seems they have 700 applications to review and they can't tell me anything.
in that note of rejection don't worry. you are not alone. there are a lot of them including me who got those kind of letters. don't give up.

The battle is not lost when you get a rejection letter.... It's lost when you give up trying..I still have the two rejection letters from NYU with me. All that matters is that you don't stop trying. Just make sure you do something more. Adding one more year of work experience might not suffice. Improve your scores.. do a certificate program...just show that you WANT to get in.

HEY!!! I do remember you!!!
Really nice to hear good news from you!!!!
Congratulations!!!

hello,
i have scheduled my interview at nyu for 23rd feb....yes, friday.
anyone else going on the same day???

thanks.

Hey Congrats for the interview call preetha,
Good luck for your interview.

hello,
i have scheduled my interview at nyu for 23rd feb....yes, friday.
anyone else going on the same day???

thanks.

am scheduled for interview ar NYU on 20th Feb..am a little bit nervous now.can u please tell me wat type of questions they asked for ur interview?any subject based questions??? and can u please tell me wat to wear for the interview like skirt suit or pant suit??? should we carry any documents?? i know its a lot of questions but am really nervous..please help me out...

Hi,

DON"T be tense!!!
Just act natural..they are very nice and make you feel good!

You will see!!

Don't carry documents as they didn't asked for !

Good LUCK!!

Preetha good luck!

Hi Elena

Congratulations on your interview call and wish you all the best.

If you dont mind me asking can you tell me when your application was complete and when did you actually recieve a call from NYU regarding interview.

Regards
OurDream

am scheduled for interview ar NYU on 20th Feb..am a little bit nervous now.can u please tell me wat type of questions they asked for ur interview?any subject based questions??? and can u please tell me wat to wear for the interview like skirt suit or pant suit??? should we carry any documents?? i know its a lot of questions but am really nervous..please help me out...

Hi Elena

If you dont mind me asking can you tell me when your application was complete and when did you actually recieve a call from NYU regarding interview.

Regards
OurDream

First of all congrats...now u r so close to ur destination!:) :thumbup:
hey for the interview wear formal llike skirt suit or pant suit ..doesn't matter...u shud look smart n fresh;)
now about the ques they are very simple like why u chose nyu? tell me sth about urself? ur strong point and weak point? how u overcome ur weak point? wat u did after graduation?education in usa is different, can u handle it?some personal questions about ur backhome....i was asked some subjective ques as well but they were simple...

MOST IMP ASSEST IS BE CONFIDENT AND SHOW THEM HOW INTERESTED U R IN NYU!!!!!!!
GUD LUCK GURL:thumbup:
BEST REGARDS
PINK TOOTH

Hi Elena

Regards
OurDream

Thanks a lot ourdream...my application was completed on feb 6th...i got the call today morning by e mail...
dont worry its a matter of time..u ll definitely get thru...

First of all congrats...now u r so close to ur destination!:) :thumbup:
hey for the interview wear formal llike skirt suit or pant suit ..doesn't matter...u shud look smart n fresh;)
now about the ques they are very simple like why u chose nyu? tell me sth about urself? ur strong point and weak point? how u overcome ur weak point? wat u did after graduation?education in usa is different, can u handle it?some personal questions about ur backhome....i was asked some subjective ques as well but they were simple...

MOST IMP ASSEST IS BE CONFIDENT AND SHOW THEM HOW INTERESTED U R IN NYU!!!!!!!
GUD LUCK GURL:thumbup:
BEST REGARDS
PINK TOOTH

Thanks a lot pink tooth...
can u please tell me wat type of subject questions they asked you..
i mean which subjects...it will be a great help for me to prepare..

hey guys
congrats to those who have already recieved an interview call and acceptances
and good luck for all those who r waiting
after a loong wait i finally got a interview call thru email today morning
and they asked me to schedule it thru phone:oops:
wll anybody else scheduled to attend the interview on the 22nd the coming thursday pls do let me know
thank god for the call
i have learnt one thing HAVE PATIENCE it really pays off:D

can any one please suggest a reasonable hotel near NYU???

this interview is for the advanced standing program???
I sent the application on december 2006, and got no reply yet.:(
I applied last year, and they didn't even sent a letter saying that i did not get in...so, i called and asked what was going on? and they said...ohh unfortunatelly the class is full. And then they offered me a program for international students...:rolleyes:
would you tell me, if you applied to the advanced standing program, and when did you applied...so that i can figure out the time line for waiting...

AjayDas:
can you tell me more about the clinical research program...that is something that i would like better than the international program...
thanks...

this interview is for the advanced standing program???
I sent the application on december 2006, and got no reply yet.:(
I applied last year, and they didn't even sent a letter saying that i did not get in...so, i called and asked what was going on? and they said...ohh unfortunatelly the class is full. And then they offered me a program for international students...:rolleyes:
would you tell me, if you applied to the advanced standing program, and when did you applied...so that i can figure out the time line for waiting...

whatwere your stats

can any one please suggest a reasonable hotel near NYU???

well i stayed at thirty thirty motel,,it costs around 160$,,,its like 8-10 min away from school and there's another motel called marcel which comes around 120$ and 0.4miles away from school,,u can try that too,,

and to my all other friends all the best who are waiting to get a call,,i know waiting sucks:( ,,but trust me its just a matter of time:)
and congrats to all those who got accepted:thumbup:

hope to see u all soon:)

I think you want to know my scores...
i did not get a good grade in the board (83), i will study again and retake it, but that was what i had available to apply...before i had 80...so it went up a little bit
i did not do the toefl because i attended high school(3 years) in the us, and i graduated here, from high school i mean.
my gpa is 3.4(ECE)
that is basically what i have, and i graduated from dental school on 2002...

I think you want to know my scores...
i did not get a good grade in the board (83), i will study again and retake it, but that was what i had available to apply...before i had 80...so it went up a little bit
i did not do the toefl because i attended high school(3 years) in the us, and i graduated here, from high school i mean.
my gpa is 3.4(ECE)
that is basically what i have, and i graduated from dental school on 2002...

Good luc to you, iam also waiting lets c

88,3.03 and 104. application was complete by 25th but i dont think i have any chance
Please, please let me know what did you do to get the 88???
i beg you!!! i have no idea how to study...

88,3.03 and 104. application was complete by 25th but i dont think i have any chance
do not be negative!!! i think you have a great score...your gpa is good, remember that that depends on the school, specially outside the US...
i think you should try to work, are you in the us...that looks very good in the application...try to get into a us dental practice, even if they don't pay you! off course you can only be a dental assitant...but, i think it is worthed...

Hi guys i finally got an interview call from nyu,i dint fix date yet due to some problems will get it in next week or so...so all best for all waiting to hear for interview call