Nurses at it again...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re 100% right I wrote that awhile ago and didn’t finish researching or editing so never posted it. My apologies, must have accidentally sent it. Refer to my other points, again apologies

Well I wrote all that for nothing then.

Members don't see this ad.

If you’re going to claim that physicians are commonly sexually harassing nurses, please provide data.
If you’re going to claim that physicians are commonly sexually harassing nurses, please provide data.
I didn’t say sexual harassment was common I said nurse abuse was by no means rare, which also has a percentage of sexual harassment. It’s a multitude not a specific. I can link you data to that if you would like

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@Malik144 i have seen a lot of sexual harassment against nurses from patients. Interested in data about it coming from physicians.
Is your point that Physician's do it less than Nurses....? I don’t need data that’s just mathematically probable. There’s 3million+ Nurses and less than a million Physicians. Even if it was only 1% from each of those numbers, it’s very clear whose higher. There’s a clear power dynamic, not even men vs women but hospitals work in chain of command format. A nurse is considered expandable, Doctors, more specifically surgeons are not. They are too expensive to train and lack of residencies make them even more rare. It sucks to say but one is more valuable in terms of healthcare as a business, a doctor can do almost anything if not everything a nurse can, the reverse isn’t the same

• Dislike
Is your point that Physician's do it less than Nurses....? I don’t need data that’s just mathematically probable. There’s 3million+ Nurses and less than a million Physicians. Even if it was only 1% from each of those numbers, it’s very clear whose higher.

No, my point was that I know nurses get harassed by patients a lot but I don’t know how often it happens from physicians against nurses. Just given the power dynamic, I assume more physicians are harassing nurses than the other way around.

No, my point was that I know nurses get harassed by patients a lot but I don’t know how often it happens from physicians against nurses. Just given the power dynamic, I assume more physicians are harassing nurses than the other way around.
Oh I agree, I think everyone whose in healthcare has been sexually harassed or assaulted physically or verbally by patients. Kind of comes with the territory I guess. I might even argue, Physician women get the worst of it

We’re straying way off topic though.
Agreed so regarding your comments 1 by 1

So I wasn’t enjoying writing so much so much and I think I wrote on the wrong post. Sorry just want to address each topic individually that you pointed out because you keep saying my statements aren’t fact. So I’ll just link that after each point and you link yours.

“I’m 2 weeks from finishing preclinicals. If I don’t know more than most nurses about the basic science of medicine, my med school has egregiously failed me.” Nurses go to nursing school, not med school. I have a few nurses in my family who have been nurses for a looong time, and I know more about the basic sciences than they do. Because I am in medical school and they haven’t gone to medical school. This is not a difficult concept.”
Your sisters aren’t representative of all nurses basic science knowledge. That’s an opinion, not data. You’re at the last 2 weeks of pre-clinical year and you know more about basic sciences. You could say the same about anyone fresh out of undergrad with a Biology degree. You know more details because you just learned it, I imagine you might know more details about some science that Attending Doctor don’t remember. So unless you’re saying a fact, don’t quote it. You personally might have more basic knowledge of science than your sisters but again that’s not data. This is irrelevant as well because I never claimed that Nurses or Doctors are smarter than one another. I claimed a 1st year resident does not know more than an experience RN. If that’s the case than you could take a NCLEX or assist a nurse with treatment by the end of your first year. And you agreed to my point, you said they would run circles around you. Because they know more than you, maybe not about “basic sciences” as you say but enough to treat a patient. Here comes a fact which I hope I don’t have to link an article for, a M1 med student can’t treat a patient but a RN can. I’m not saying give dosage or prescribe (which you can’t do either) but they are more experienced and qualified, educated and experienced. If you disagree, than you’re saying you could supervise care in place of a Resident with an RN at the bedside. Which you can’t no matter how much you learn in 1 year of Medicine. You’re absolutely right it’s not a difficult concept. Again it’s irrelevant, they aren't comparable.

Agreed so regarding your comments 1 by 1

So I wasn’t enjoying writing so much so much and I think I wrote on the wrong post. Sorry just want to address each topic individually that you pointed out because you keep saying my statements aren’t fact. So I’ll just link that after each point and you link yours.

“I’m 2 weeks from finishing preclinicals. If I don’t know more than most nurses about the basic science of medicine, my med school has egregiously failed me.” Nurses go to nursing school, not med school. I have a few nurses in my family who have been nurses for a looong time, and I know more about the basic sciences than they do. Because I am in medical school and they haven’t gone to medical school. This is not a difficult concept.”
Your sisters aren’t representative of all nurses basic science knowledge. That’s an opinion, not data. You’re at the last 2 weeks of pre-clinical year and you know more about basic sciences. You could say the same about anyone fresh out of undergrad with a Biology degree. You know more details because you just learned it, I imagine you might know more details about some science that Attending Doctor don’t remember. So unless you’re saying a fact, don’t quote it. You personally might have more basic knowledge of science than your sisters but again that’s not data. This is irrelevant as well because I never claimed that Nurses or Doctors are smarter than one another. I claimed a 1st year resident does not know more than an experience RN. If that’s the case than you could take a NCLEX or assist a nurse with treatment by the end of your first year. And you agreed to my point, you said they would run circles around you. Because they know more than you, maybe not about “basic sciences” as you say but enough to treat a patient. Here comes a fact which I hope I don’t have to link an article for, a M1 med student can’t treat a patient but a RN can. I’m not saying give dosage or prescribe (which you can’t do either) but they are more experienced and qualified, educated and experienced. If you disagree, than you’re saying you could supervise care in place of a Resident with an RN at the bedside. Which you can’t no matter how much you learn in 1 year of Medicine. You’re absolutely right it’s not a difficult concept. Again it’s irrelevant, they aren't comparable.
Next point: Anyone on the internet can start a subreddit and any student can be on a message board. Those aren’t sources. You could find a huge sub section of people who don’t believe in the Holocaust that doesn’t mean It’s not real because someone made a website and posted on forums. Saying your employers say ect ect is not a fact. Linked below is a fact, the AAPA release a statement regarding their role and goals of medicine, look no further

Next point: Anyone on the internet can start a subreddit and any student can be on a message board. Those aren’t sources. You could find a huge sub section of people who don’t believe in the Holocaust that doesn’t mean It’s not real because someone made a website and posted on forums. Saying your employers say ect ect is not a fact. Linked below is a fact, the AAPA release a statement regarding their role and goals of medicine, look no further

An AAPA position statement advocating PA/NP to physician equivalence based on a series of garbage studies (72 hr returns and incident reports as an outcome measure). Excellent. This thread is dead, just lock it

Reactions: 3 users

You completely missed the point. In fact this post proves my point. Anyone can say anything, but that doesn’t make it true. And PAs are constantly saying they do med school in 2 years. Just a cursory look on Google and Reddit showed dozens of hits for that.

And I encourage you to look critically at the studies the AAPA cites. They are completely garbage and in no way whatsoever prove equivalency. In fact the only studies done that could demonstrate equivalency show that they aren’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.