NHSC Scholarship 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are you applying to the NHSC this year?

• Yes

Votes: 204 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 11.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 40 12.9%
  • Already got it!

Votes: 31 10.0%

• Total voters
Has anyone been able to watch the new participant recorded zoom session? If so, could you post the link you used?
I am also looking for the link. Did anyone take some notes during the session that they would be willing to share in the meantime?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I am a NP student who has been following this post and posts on some other forums. I too am dealing with this issue of having applied for the NHSC SP, being countersigned on the morning of September 8th and still not receiving a participant email or portal change. This is all becoming very confusing and a bit frustrating.

Reactions: 2 users
Sept. 8th. I called again yesterday to see what someone else said and she thought it was odd that I could see my signed contract (because normally when you get signed, they let you know and it takes you to the participant page). She did not directly say but she seemed to imply that a signature means you got the scholarship so now I'm just confused
I also called again yesterday evening and was told by a different representative that seemed to be more knowledgeable about every step in the process that “once the signature of the secretary or the secretary’s designee is on the contract it is a legally binding contract and that we have definitely been awarded but sometimes it takes longer for some people’s portals to switch over but essentially just wait for the portal to switch over but you are an awardee if you have received the co-signature. Now he says we just have to be patient and wait.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also called again yesterday evening and was told by a different representative that seemed to be more knowledgeable about every step in the process that “once the signature of the secretary or the secretary’s designee is on the contract it is a legally binding contract and that we have definitely been awarded but sometimes it takes longer for some people’s portals to switch over but essentially just wait for the portal to switch over but you are an awardee if you have received the co-signature. Now he says we just have to be patient and wait.
That sounds much more reassuring and that it legally makes sense! I really hope he is right!

Reactions: 1 users
to anyone who attended the webinar, could you please share some notes/ a link of the recording for us who weren't able to attend? :D

Hi everyone, I finally have received my award email and have been switched over to the participant portal! Hopefully all others who were signed on 09/08 will be getting the portal change today

Anyone that attend the webinar know when we will be paid? Has anyone been sent the link like they said they would?

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been able to watch the webinar recording?
No not yet. I called to ask and they told me that I should direct that question to the yellow "Ask a Question" portion of the Program Portal. Currently awaiting a response from them.

I notified them on the portal about the recording webinar and I received a reply stating that " they would look into this technical issue."
Starting to think that maybe someone forgot to press the "record meeting" button during the webinar

I asked them about it and they said they were uploading the webinar again and to check back next week.

Anyone know where to find the ORC form in the portal? Should I message the NHSC through the portal to send me the form or they already send it to my school? I am confused with ORC procedure if anyone could clarify that please🙏

Anyone know where to find the ORC form in the portal? Should I message the NHSC through the portal to send me the form or they already send it to my school? I am confused with ORC procedure if anyone could clarify that please🙏
Could be wrong, but I am pretty sure your school takes care of the ORC. @cooliyak might be able to verify/clarify

Could be wrong, but I am pretty sure your school takes care of the ORC. @cooliyak might be able to verify/clarify
Unless you need to appeal to try and get them to cover something additional, the ORC payments are taken care of between the NHSC and your school. No action is required on your part.

Unless you need to appeal to try and get them to cover something additional, the ORC payments are taken care of between the NHSC and your school. No action is required on your part.
What is the due date to have your school send the invoices/ORC paperwork? I know we get out first lump sum in November but does the tuition side have to be taken care of before then?

What is the due date to have your school send the invoices/ORC paperwork? I know we get out first lump sum in November but does the tuition side have to be taken care of before then?
The NHSC claims that they pay tuition right when they receive the invoice. The ORC is usually something that the NHSC calculates based off of the list of tuition and fees that they get from your school every year. So they may not even require anything additional from your school for ORC. But if there is a delay in your tuition, it might be a miscommunication somewhere between the school and NHSC or you and NHSC (they hold things until they have your updated verification).

They determine your ORC based on what the school provides. I think you can request more if it's not listed and they approve it. For example, insurance isn't listed but I definitely had to get that..

I have not informed my school that I have received the scholarship as of yet, should I do that? Or will NHSC get in contact with my school? I have not received an advisor, and I also missed the Webinar, so I feel completely in the dark right now!

I have not informed my school that I have received the scholarship as of yet, should I do that? Or will NHSC get in contact with my school? I have not received an advisor, and I also missed the Webinar, so I feel completely in the dark right now!
You should tell your school so that they can bill NHSC your tuition

Did you send the paperwork to student accounts?

Anyone have any updates regarding the status of the webinar link?
7389A534-AB6D-47DB-B1FC-0C940FF7E751.jpeg

Here’s what they told me through the portal “Ask a Question” section when I asked about it last week. They are struggling to get this link uploaded and I’m concerned no one pressed “Record” when they had the Webinar haha

Did you send the paperwork to student accounts?
I have not, and when you say paperwork do you just mean the Program Guidance pdf? I did not sen the Summer EVF because in my program we do not have courses this upcoming summer..

I have not, and when you say paperwork do you just mean the Program Guidance pdf? I did not sen the Summer EVF because in my program we do not have courses this upcoming summer..
It's on your portal. Click the links on the right until there's one for documents. Send them the pdf and also the award notification (my school cared about this more than the program guidance).

Have you guys received a monthly stipend yet?

No, not yet. My understanding is that stipends from July-November will be included with the ORC payment as one bulk payment and deposited in our bank accounts during the first week of November

No, not yet. My understanding is that stipends from July-November will be included with the ORC payment as one bulk payment and deposited in our bank accounts during the first week of November
Awesome thank you! Anyone else still haven't had the nhsc pay their schools tuition? My financial aid advisor did it like in September but it still hasn't been paid?

Has anyone received their ORC yet? Does anyone know usually when we should be receiving it? I've been hearing the last week of October or the first week of November!

Where is the program guidance pdf ???? No where to be found on my portal.
Log in, click “My Service Information” on the right, then “View My Service Information and Documents,” then “NHSC SP Guidelines For Your School”

Is anyone else feeling in the dark about this process?
I feel like I am lacking information from NHSC, We reached out long ago to receive a webinar.
I sent the given info to my school but It seems that they do not know how to go about it.

Reactions: 2 users
I got my ORC payment this morning!! Did anyone else get their ORC but not have their tuition paid yet?

Got stipend and ORC today but no sign of tuition payment yet

For those who received their stipend...was your ORC payment and stipend in two different deposits? And does our respective school determine the ORC amount?