NeWW Girl - Sign Up & Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This post pings me somehow. Maybe I got defensive because as an SDN WW newbie I went wild as a first-time wolf, no caution there, so while your read might be possible in aggregate, certainly not always the case.

For the record, Kate’s over explaining of why she’s going to go down screaming as a villager on the chopping block (I mean, villager or wolf would go down thrashing, no need to explain), followed by multiple posts in a row asking MP for clarification about her yeet, feels a little off to me.

The previous two paragraphs would make the most sense if true and Kate were wolfing together, but I don’t know true’s playstyle enough to know whether they’d so boldly defend a fellow wolf right off the bat.

Hope that makes sense, it’s 3am and I have insomnia due to a stomachache.
Yeah, I made that guy read before those next few posts of hers, which feel less-good.

As for whether I make a lot of snap judgments/statements on D1, oh lordy do I ever. Makes the game work better when there's nonsense for other people to analyze/comment on (like you did here).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Dude, I'm brand new. Also I LOATHE being voted for as town, which I am. So I won't quit screaming if a wagon forms on me.

Also, hi!!
This post is spooky

Unyeet Dubz

Yeet moonster

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
This post pings me somehow. Maybe I got defensive because as an SDN WW newbie I went wild as a first-time wolf, no caution there, so while your read might be possible in aggregate, certainly not always the case.

For the record, Kate’s over explaining of why she’s going to go down screaming as a villager on the chopping block (I mean, villager or wolf would go down thrashing, no need to explain), followed by multiple posts in a row asking MP for clarification about her yeet, feels a little off to me.

The previous two paragraphs would make the most sense if true and Kate were wolfing together, but I don’t know true’s playstyle enough to know whether they’d so boldly defend a fellow wolf right off the bat.

Remember that “true in the aggregate” is often all you have for tells. People don’t usually post things that could literally only be from villager or from wolf so you have to judge likelihood. But I agree I don’t necessarily expect someone new to SDN to be a timid wolf, especially when they’re experienced

It pinged me for different reasons, likes he's got tmi on me.

Ps French onion soup is delish. For all living beings.

Gonna
yeet Kate
to see what happens :)

You’re gonna harass MsP multiple times about her yeet but not going to respond to my thoughts on you being sus? :)

Gonna
yeet Kate
to see what happens :)

You’re gonna harass MsP multiple times about her yeet but not going to respond to my thoughts on you being sus? :)
Harass? I think I asked why and questioned yeeting a newb.

I did not see your question, I'm new to this format but I'll go look now. Anyone who knows me at all will confirm I wouldn't ignore anything.

This?

Members don't see this ad :)
That truenamer/kate interaction was weird imo. Kate’s tone in that post I quoted felt off but her explanation feels organic and could see true’s post as TMI on a villager

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
5B9758FB-3D83-4ECD-AACD-B0700E7B79AF.gif

Day 1 Tally: LLS: Ladies Love Schmidt

PlayerVoted by
DubzClem
IvyVis
TrueNamergennyKate
MsPDubz
KateMsPChic
MoonApril
Leading:True & KateIt's a TIE!
Missing:True, Miranda, Ivy
Yeet Close:10pm CDT/11pm EST TODAY 5/14 (~11 hours)
Last Updated:11:53 AM EST by alissa

Last edited:
View attachment 371419
Day 1 Tally: LLS: Ladies Love Schmidt

PlayerVoted by
DubzAprilClem
IvyVis
TrueNamergennyKate
MsPDubz
KateMsPChic
MoonApril
Leading:True & KateIt's a TIE!
Missing:True, Miranda, Ivy
Yeet Close:10pm CDT/11pm EST TODAY 5/14 (~11 hours)
Last Updated:11:53 AM EST by alissa
My vote is in two places btw

Lol I'm already not following all the arguments about subtle pings and TMI. My reads are over here like
comedy central anders holmvik GIF by Workaholics

• Haha
That truenamer/kate interaction was weird imo. Kate’s tone in that post I quoted felt off but her explanation feels organic and could see true’s post as TMI on a villager
I am also feeling weird about the kate/true interaction... but undecided on aff because I do not know kate well and it is giving vibes of the one (1) mafia championship game I spec'd. Plus it is hard to judge appropriately d1

I am also feeling weird about the kate/true interaction... but undecided on aff because I do not know kate well and it is giving vibes of the one (1) mafia championship game I spec'd. Plus it is hard to judge appropriately d1
Oh hi you're back
Do you have any other takes from the past day?

Calling out non-posters shows general awareness of all players and a desire for content to read those players. It's only slight because I recognize it wouldn't be that hard for a wolf to fake.

(And TBH, I also wanted to post game content to redirect (myself) from spec chatter.)

Calling out non-posters shows general awareness of all players and a desire for content to read those players. It's only slight because I recognize it wouldn't be that hard for a wolf to fake.

(And TBH, I also wanted to post game content to redirect (myself) from spec chatter.)
Alternatively: it is a great way for a wolf to seem like they're generating content without putting in any effort besides looking at the roster
(I have been a noob wolf who was almost yeeted because I did this exactly)

Oh hi you're back
Do you have any other takes from the past day?
not much, its all accusatory with no real backing, other than "[player] does this when they wolf/village, so..." and I cannot vouch.

This is a whole lot of meh
I don’t know, the hedge was too thick to make anything out
lmao yes it is meh, but that's because it is D1 like... you really expect me to read kate D1 without knowing them? and I have played probably 1–2 games with true, so there is no hedge

not much, its all accusatory with no real backing, other than "[player] does this when they wolf/village, so..." and I cannot vouch.
I haven't seen much meta talk besides Kate's self-proclaimed meta, curious what you mean by that

lmao yes it is meh, but that's because it is D1 like... you really expect me to read kate D1 without knowing them? and I have played probably 1–2 games with true, so there is no hedge
Was anyone expecting you to read them though? I feel like your comment just came out of the blue

Remember that “true in the aggregate” is often all you have for tells. People don’t usually post things that could literally only be from villager or from wolf so you have to judge likelihood. But I agree I don’t necessarily expect someone new to SDN to be a timid wolf, especially when they’re experienced
Pure gut reaction: Kate is coming across as eager new person who got a village role. I'm a little rusty, but brand new folks to SDN who get a wolf role tend to have a more cautious vibe.
True is more of a gut reaction, but still plays into the "[player] is x because of y" where y is something I cannot vouch for. Not necessarily meta (which you said, not me) @Aprilthearab

Was anyone expecting you to read them though? I feel like your comment just came out of the blue
if WW was played where people explicitly expect others to read, then WW would be a slow game. The point of WW, in my mind at least, is for everyone to read (???)

if WW was played where people explicitly expect others to read, then WW would be a slow game. The point of WW, in my mind at least, is for everyone to read (???)
Right, but it was just the way you worded it about "you really expect me to read kate D1 without knowing them?" as if someone had asked you to and not because you offered an unprompted read (a very very hedgy non-read) first

Right, but it was just the way you worded it about "you really expect me to read kate D1 without knowing them?" as if someone had asked you to and not because you offered an unprompted read (a very very hedgy non-read) first
It seems like you are reading too much into my comments tbh. I tried to read kate, esp since (I think) others were reading them, then you question my read, and I gave an answer. There is literally 0 sub text

It seems like you are reading too much into my comments tbh. I tried to read kate, esp since (I think) others were reading them, then you question my read, and I gave an answer. There is literally 0 sub text
I'm just picking up sketchy vibes in your wording is all

It pinged me for different reasons, likes he's got tmi on me.
Genuine question: how would this person (assuming MP) have tmi on you? idk how someone would have tmi on someone this early on other than being a wolf (can't think of any other roles that could know this one D1). Not accusing you of being a wolf, just asking a legit question on your thought process.