New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did they ever send out emails regarding if they received letters etc? After I paid I got the email saying "We have received payment confirmation from PayPal. Your supplemental application is now complete." This was about two weeks ago and nothing since.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II as well for the AR location!! OOS, with 67 LizzyM. I'm completely fine with it, but wasn't expecting to get the invite from AR, since it didn't specify campus preference on the secondary.

II as well for Arkansas... I didn't even know there was an Arkansas campus to be honest. Lol, STILL EXCITED!

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody think it's too late to apply? Looked into this school later than the others and now pretty interested!

II for Arkansas campus. OOS. LM = 63-64

For those of you who got II, did you ever get a complete email that mentioned letters?

Other than the "we've received your payment and your application is now complete" which was after they received the payment.

For those of you who got II, did you ever get a complete email that mentioned letters?

Other than the "we've received your payment and your application is now complete" which was after they received the payment.

They just said we have received your payment but there's no official "complete" email as far as I know. The next I heard from was about an II. Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they ever send out emails regarding if they received letters etc? After I paid I got the email saying "We have received payment confirmation from PayPal. Your supplemental application is now complete." This was about two weeks ago and nothing since.
No they send any confirmations. I had to call the office to make sure

II today. Complete first week of July. New York campus

I know most of the class is from IS, but is it due to IS bias or just self-selection? I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere

II as well this afternoon!:love:

Does anyone know what dates you can schedule your interview on? I got my invite late yesterday so I couldn't call and I want to try to do it before school starts up again.

Does anyone know what dates you can schedule your interview on? I got my invite late yesterday so I couldn't call and I want to try to do it before school starts up again.

I was able to schedule from the middle of September to the end of September, Mondays and Thursdays I think.

They are only offering Tuesdays, Fridays and some Wednesdays, and dates are available starting the week of the 18th (the week before that is all booked). I scheduled mine for the 23rd and hope to see some of you there! :)

Scheduled for the 26th! :) They had a few dates open, I remember hearing the 12th and the 23rd I think.

As far as the recommendation portion, if you are using a Committee Letter which includes all of the recommendations from faculty and doctors, do we still individually list them?

Same question...

On other secondaries I believe I only filled in the committee letter part.

for listing the dates, did you guys just list a month range? Such as June 2014-August 2014?

For instance, for the shadowing, I work for a hospital, and they let me shadow on my shifts when I have free time. So my shadowing is pretty sporadic - sometimes full days, sometimes just a patient here or a patient there. Its also extensive, like 100s of hours, because ive been there for 2 years. So specific "dates" is tough.

Anyone know what they think of regional but not IS applicants?

Hey everyone, congrats on your receiving your II's! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. SDN was a great resource for me personally when I was applying so I understand the frustrations of applying. If you still didn't hear back from NYITCOM, rest assured you still have time. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
From looking at the matriculation numbers by state, I am not convinced this school has a STRONG in state bias. Maybe regional. This is my opinion however.

From looking at the matriculation numbers by state, I am not convinced this school has a STRONG in state bias. Maybe regional. This is my opinion however.

Haha I've completely altered your stance on each schools in-state bias with the link I posted :p.

Anyone know what they think of regional but not IS applicants?
This is truly unrelated to anything important, but I am in love with your avatar.

Reactions: 3 users
Seems as if this school has also went silent for a bit...

Do they inform you if your app is complete? Wonder if my LORs arrived and satisfied their requirement

II this AM.

Can anyone comment on clinical rotations for this school?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Action! When were you complete? What were your stats? All the other neurotic questions?

Haha. Complete probably 2-3 weeks ago. ~3.35 GPAs & 508 MCAT. 5+ years of healthcare experience.

Arkansas campus.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Did you actually receive a complete email?

II this morning!!!!! Arkansas campus, submitted early June, never received a complete email, OOS

Really hoping for some love from this school :/

Last edited: