New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FYI, I just received an email asking if I was interested in NYITCOM-AR. Looks like all the spots at Old Westbury are filled.....

Dear Kovalchuk71,

Thank you for your continued interest in the entering class of 2017 at NYITCOM. We are currently in the final stages of rolling admissions and your application is still under active consideration.

During our Supplemental Application review we noted that your campus preference is Old Westbury, New York. We are finalizing our class in Old Westbury and would like to extend you an offer to be considered for our campus in Jonesboro, Arkansas. Please take a moment to let the admissions office know whether or not you would like to be considered at Jonesboro. Please respond to this email offer within 72 hours at [email protected].
I got that same freaking one ughhh

Members don't see this ad.

FYI, I just received an email asking if I was interested in NYITCOM-AR. Looks like all the spots at Old Westbury are filled.....

Dear Kovalchuk71,

Thank you for your continued interest in the entering class of 2017 at NYITCOM. We are currently in the final stages of rolling admissions and your application is still under active consideration.

During our Supplemental Application review we noted that your campus preference is Old Westbury, New York. We are finalizing our class in Old Westbury and would like to extend you an offer to be considered for our campus in Jonesboro, Arkansas. Please take a moment to let the admissions office know whether or not you would like to be considered at Jonesboro. Please respond to this email offer within 72 hours at [email protected].

I wonder if this means they are done sending out acceptances or they are just done interviewing applicants. I called yesterday they told me that my application is still under processing and the 6-8 week time line is proving to be inaccurate.

I wonder if this means they are done sending out acceptances or they are just done interviewing applicants. I called yesterday they told me that my application is still under processing and the 6-8 week time line is proving to be inaccurate.
IMO, I think it means that they are sending out the last of the II's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Completed in 9/26 and still silence. :(

Reactions: 1 user
omg bummer they would send out optimistic emails and a week later be done with II's -__-

Got this email as well… I emailed back saying I would like to be considered. I am assuming that spots will open up around May in NY… is there a waitlist for people who interviewed for Arkansas but would like a spot at NY??

Got this email as well… I emailed back saying I would like to be considered. I am assuming that spots will open up around May in NY… is there a waitlist for people who interviewed for Arkansas but would like a spot at NY??
Nope. It's one or the other.

Ayyyy just got accepted hell yeah!!

First acceptance, huge relief. Out of all my interviews I thought I did the worst on this one lmao.

Feels good man. :)

Congrats -- when did you interview?

unless the time line is significantly different than last year's, I highly doubt they finished giving out interview invites for the NY campus

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was there at Jonesboro! Which one are you?!

Haha, I was at NY. Was gonna ask you the same thing, was thinking which one of the 5 girls in my interview group you were.

Hope all my fellow 1/10 interviewees were accepted, those guys were chill.

Reactions: 2 users
Haha, I was at NY. Was gonna ask you the same thing, was thinking which one of the 5 girls in my interview group you were.

Hope all my fellow 1/10 interviewees were accepted, those guys were chill.

Were you accepted via email or snail mail?

It was via email, in it they said they'd send a formal acceptance packet by snail mail

I'm definitely impressed by your 1.5 week turnaround! Congrats again! Fingers crossed that the rest of us hear back soon.

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you accepted and intend on going here, do you guys know anything about where to live?

also interviewed on 1/10 at NY and I'm accepted!!! i thought this was the worst interview as well

I think there is a high chance if we didn't get accepted by now, we got rejected or waitlisted. (11/11 crew)

Reactions: 4 users
Anybody from December interview hear back?

I interviewed in December and called a few minutes ago. The admissions officer said that the committee still hasn't reviewed some of the files, but more acceptances will be coming soon.

The admission department for the NY campus said they interview until the end of March. We have hope guys!

Accepted 2 weeks ago to the NY campus! Can someone please post the link to the Class of 2021 Facebook group? Thanks!

Reactions: 3 users
I just called the admissions office at the NY campus. They are sending out a new wave of interviews today and tomorrow.

Reactions: 8 users
Interview this Friday 1/27. Need some luck. Hopefully I get accepted!

I just called the admissions office at the NY campus. They are sending out a new wave of interviews today and tomorrow.
I wonder if the Arkansas campus will be doing this as well....*fingers crossed*

Interviewed 1/10 as well. Should I assume I'm on the waitlist since I haven't heard anything?

Interviewed 1/10 as well. Should I assume I'm on the waitlist since I haven't heard anything?

Are you serious? Youve waited 13 days...they said at the interview dont expect any decision for 6 weeks iirc.

Hi guys!
I just had a quick question for those of you accepted...I sent in my deposit and mailed the acceptance forms last Friday but I'm a little worried that the forms won't be in by the deadline. My deposit was already confirmed, but I was wondering, how strict are they about making the deadline for the acceptance reply forms? I would've mailed the forms earlier but I received them so late, I didn't really have a chance!

Hi guys!
I just had a quick question for those of you accepted...I sent in my deposit and mailed the acceptance forms last Friday but I'm a little worried that the forms won't be in by the deadline. My deposit was already confirmed, but I was wondering, how strict are they about making the deadline for the acceptance reply forms? I would've mailed the forms earlier but I received them so late, I didn't really have a chance!

Just paid my deposit a few moments ago. My bank account be :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:. How do they confirm your deposit? I mailed my forms in last Thursday, but I live in NYC so they should already be there. I will call them tomorrow to see if they have it. I'm sure you can call before the 27th to tell them you accept the offer. If anything, paying the deposit itself is enough of a commitment. I'll let you know tomorrow tho!

Just paid my deposit a few moments ago. My bank account be :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:. How do they confirm your deposit? I mailed my forms in last Thursday, but I live in NYC so they should already be there. I will call them tomorrow to see if they have it. I'm sure you can call before the 27th to tell them you accept the offer. If anything, paying the deposit itself is enough of a commitment. I'll let you know tomorrow tho!
Ok! Thank you so much! And omg haha Im in the same boat with that bank account But I got an email the day after I paid my deposit saying that they received it! And apparently, they email us when they get the forms too but I'm not completely sure about that!

Does anyone know if they sent rejection letters yet?

Hi guys!

I had called because I sent mine during the holidays and wasn't sure if they got it on time. They said as long as you paid they are more lenient with the paperwork!

Hi all, wanted to clarify my reasoning a little bit. I meant no disrespect for those who have been waiting much longer than myself. I know the process takes a very long time. The reason I asked my question is because it seems they have clearly reviewed those who interviewed on the 10th such as myself. If they have accepted some and not others, does this mean that they have reviewed my file and decided to hold off on me for a bit? As a sort of unofficial wait list? Again, I'm sorry if I offended those of you who have been waiting since November, that was not my intention. Perhaps my question could've been more clear.

Hi all, wanted to clarify my reasoning a little bit. I meant no disrespect for those who have been waiting much longer than myself. I know the process takes a very long time. The reason I asked my question is because it seems they have clearly reviewed those who interviewed on the 10th such as myself. If they have accepted some and not others, does this mean that they have reviewed my file and decided to hold off on me for a bit? As a sort of unofficial wait list? Again, I'm sorry if I offended those of you who have been waiting since November, that was not my intention. Perhaps my question could've been more clear.

Same question.. they seem to be jumping around and not really making decisions in order

I had called because I sent mine during the holidays and wasn't sure if they got it on time. They said as long as you paid they are more lenient with the paperwork!
Oooh ok! That's good to know, thank you :)

any II lately?

any II lately?
I recently got a II last week. I had a question regarding commute - does anyone know someone who commutes to NYIT from Manhattan? I understand it's not the easiest thing to do, but I believe it's certainly plausible correct?

I recently got a II last week. I had a question regarding commute - does anyone know someone who commutes to NYIT from Manhattan? I understand it's not the easiest thing to do, but I believe it's certainly plausible correct?

You don't want to go through the horrors of the LIE in the morning, especially not when you have anatomy lab!

You don't want to go through the horrors of the LIE in the morning, especially not when you have anatomy lab!

True that could be brutal! I have just heard that after your first semester it's more flexible how often you are on campus - and it's actually more financially sound for me to live in the city and it can be used to keep me on a scheduled plan - however I guess I will worry about this only if an acceptance even comes!

True that could be brutal! I have just heard that after your first semester it's more flexible how often you are on campus - and it's actually more financially sound for me to live in the city and it can be used to keep me on a scheduled plan - however I guess I will worry about this only if an acceptance even comes!

I hear you man. Would be the same for me. But would it actually keep you on a scheduled plan? Considering the fact that lecture is not mandatory.

I hear you man. Would be the same for me. But would it actually keep you on a scheduled plan? Considering the fact that lecture is not mandatory.

I just feel that personally it wouldn't allow me time to mess around - I would have to leave point A at a certain time to get to point B and Vice versa. Always want to make time for yourself obviously - and just to clarify , I would take the LIRR to Hicksville (40 mins) and then the NYIT shuttle - so no stress of driving.