Mother of all information for Dental Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am fed up and frustrated from the foreign trained dentist program (advanced standing) and better than wasting years on getting HIGH scores in this and that and on waiting.

So I took DAT, passed it (easy) and I am sure that it will be so easy to get in any US Dental School. 4 years as student with one year prior for application=5, better than mission impossible of 2-3 years in school and 3-4 stressful years to get accepted first=about 7 specially as this government keeps bringing foreign trained dentists to US and the previous one brought too many from Afghanistan and Iraq.

And as it is for all foreigners, Stay away from Dental Schools of Rednecks States (Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia).

Interesting! Let us know how this route turns out for you? Best of luck...:)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You must make a distinction between DDS, Masters (accredited or not accredited) and dental licensure.
I think this is what is confusing you.

The second is following successful completion of an accredited specialty program here in the US (it does not make any difference if it is a masters or certificate).

Sherif

This is great food for a curious mind:) I am very interested in the second option- say, I have Masters in Public Health and Health Care Administration, what is my leverage in getting into a specialty program? Can you be specific please?

Thanks alot
Excellent work done
Can you Please tell me that if any residency program accepts BDS+GRE+toefl and which doesn't require NBDE Part I or II ?
Regards

i doubt any uni will accept without NBDE exams.

I'm still in my final year of BDS. How's Boston Prostho programme ? Anyone familiar to answer this ? If study in US, can we get money as we treat patient ? Allow to work as part time ? I'm a poor guy from outside US with great enthuthiasm in prostho. Worked in a dental lab before enter BDS and fall in love with prostho..

I'm still in my final year of BDS. How's Boston Prostho programme ? Anyone familiar to answer this ? If study in US, can we get money as we treat patient ? Allow to work as part time ? I'm a poor guy from outside US with great enthuthiasm in prostho. Worked in a dental lab before enter BDS and fall in love with prostho..

Hi Denture101,

Boston University does offer a program like you are describing. Here is a link to the information: http://dentalschool.bu.edu/community/pipeline-delta.htm . I hope it helps! Good luck with everything!

I am fed up and frustrated from the foreign trained dentist program (advanced standing) and better than wasting years on getting HIGH scores in this and that and on waiting.

So I took DAT, passed it (easy) and I am sure that it will be so easy to get in any US Dental School. 4 years as student with one year prior for application=5, better than mission impossible of 2-3 years in school and 3-4 stressful years to get accepted first=about 7 specially as this government keeps bringing foreign trained dentists to US and the previous one brought too many from Afghanistan and Iraq.

And as it is for all foreigners, Stay away from Dental Schools of Rednecks States (Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia).

Hi,
I like your point of view, but I do have a question for you.. are you planing or had you take the prerequisites for US Dental School to apply to it or can you just take the DAT and apply to US Dental School??

Thank you,,

i am confused , where i can study pharmacy ? which university is the best?
i am from NY , but some friends said to me to study in New Jersy collage, idont know.

ah..finally some useful info!! thanks a bunch :)

i have a question! im from the DR i just got my nbde part 1 score n it was a disappointing 82... im already studying for my part 2 n working as a general odontologist in a clinic n hoping to apply this year for a 2012 program. Have a year and a few months working experience as a dentist, n b4 that worked as a oral n maxillofacial surgical assistant. Have 2 diplomates in aesthetics and endodontics and some volunteer work in dental operatives. Also worked in a research for Alzheimer's patients in 2010. GPA 3.5. Still to take TOEFL

Where would u suggest i apply for an advance standing program? i know 82 is not much of a score but id like to know which schools are my best chances...which ones are not so competitive?
So bummed! id appreciatte ur help

I could see nothing in this link
can you help me out

Dudes,

I have researched all the dental schools listed in ada.org and gave my best to pool useful information (at least for me). So, I thought of sharing this with you to save some time while looking for universities that offer Advanced Standing Program for international dentists.

While, I spent maximum time on looking up individual school websites, there might be some information that I have missed or you might have some information that I haven't listed here. Please help us collaborate this work for the good of everyone. Feel free to comment on this or give your suggestions or information that might need some editing or additions. I would be more than pleased to change it for you.

Also, I looking for someone to help me in figuring out stuff that I couldn't pool. Most importantly, 'Does universities accept provisional certificate at the time of application deadlines as valid proof?' Probably, we could send email or contact the admissions office. Is there anyone ready to volunteer and find this information for us, especially someone who is already in USA?

The attached zip file contains list of all schools from ADA. You may filter out the results to fit your needs. The file contains the following details
  1. University Name
  2. City, State
  3. University Website
  4. Phone Number
  5. Advanced Standing Program Offered (Y/N)
  6. Green Card or Citizenship Required (R/NR)
  7. Application Fee
  8. Application Start and deadline dates
  9. Admission dates
  10. Number of Seats available
  11. Minimum TOEFL,
  12. Minimum NBDE I/II marks
  13. Minimum GPA
  14. Req. Number Recommendation Letters
  15. Sort of education Evaluation
  16. Statement of Purpose
  17. Resume
  18. Personal Interview
  19. Bulletin Link
  20. Source Link from which Information pulled
  21. My Notes
Hope it helps someone. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an overseas dentist wanted to clear New Zealand dental registration exams. Can anyone please help me out with the detailed necessary information regarding the procedure, syllabus and study material. I have cleared the IELTS exam recently. Are there any coaching centers in New Zealand to clear these exams?

hi
i am international dentist and last year I gave my NBDE part 1 and received 75 %. please let me know what are my chances of getting in the dental school as i can give the exam only once

Can anyne plz tell me d number of seats available for foreign dentists in the top universities of USA ??

Dudes,

I have researched all the dental schools listed in ada.org and gave my best to pool useful information (at least for me). So, I thought of sharing this with you to save some time while looking for universities that offer Advanced Standing Program for international dentists.

While, I spent maximum time on looking up individual school websites, there might be some information that I have missed or you might have some information that I haven't listed here. Please help us collaborate this work for the good of everyone. Feel free to comment on this or give your suggestions or information that might need some editing or additions. I would be more than pleased to change it for you.

Also, I looking for someone to help me in figuring out stuff that I couldn't pool. Most importantly, 'Does universities accept provisional certificate at the time of application deadlines as valid proof?' Probably, we could send email or contact the admissions office. Is there anyone ready to volunteer and find this information for us, especially someone who is already in USA?

The attached zip file contains list of all schools from ADA. You may filter out the results to fit your needs. The file contains the following details
  1. University Name
  2. City, State
  3. University Website
  4. Phone Number
  7. Application Fee
  9. Admission dates
  11. Minimum TOEFL,
  13. Minimum GPA
  16. Statement of Purpose
  17. Resume
  18. Personal Interview
  19. Bulletin Link
  21. My Notes

write2dentist,
this is a great job.....i really appreciate ur help n very thankful 2 u,,,,dat u posted it here....thanks again...

Dudes,

1. University Name
  2. City, State
  3. University Website
  4. Phone Number
  7. Application Fee
  9. Admission dates
  11. Minimum TOEFL,
  13. Minimum GPA
  16. Statement of Purpose
  17. Resume
  18. Personal Interview
  19. Bulletin Link
  21. My Notes
Can anyone help me with this download, tried several times, its not working.

hello everyone
i was just generally wondering, does anyone know if it is possible for an international dentist to get enrolled in an omfs residency program after completing DDS from an accredited school? or is that restricted only for US citizens and people who do DDS through DAT?

hi everyone, i'm totally new to this... and excuse me for being a complete **** but how do i unzip a zipped folder?
do i need a program for that...? i can't for the life of me figure it out! HELP!
=(

This is insane !
Excellent job !

I did not go through the whole list, but I just noticed that you have UMDNJ (New Jersey) as not having an advanced standing program.
They just opened one this year.

http://dentalschool.umdnj.edu/international-dentist.htm

If I notice anything else, I'll update your spread sheet,and post it back here or PM it to you.

Outstanding job ! I really like it when people "GET" what this forum is all about. Pooling of information, not showing off scores, GPA's or whatever.
This is one of the great resources I have yet to see on here.
Keep it up !

Sherif

what is the total fees for 2 year ids programe at umdnj?

Hey I was wondering if anyone has an updated file about all the schools accepting any international trained dentist and their deadlines, requirements, etc..???

Can someone please help me with the uni that accept FTd for Phd pleasee .along with the requirements

hey friends,

I am dentist from India, and unfortunately my NBDE part 1 score is only 80, and i am planning to give part 2 in jan next year.....
Can any body help me to guide what should i do to get into the dental school in USA.... i have lost all my hopes that i will be able to make it in the school... plz if anybody can help me.....
I have 2 and half year of work experience as a lecturer in college from India...
Plz help me I am totally confused... and planning to go back to India...:(:(:(:(:(

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has applied to take the NBDE1? Im a little confused regarding the paper work that is required to be allowed to apply for the test.
Thank you

Get dentpin from Ada website.. Apply on Ada website for the dentpin at http://www.ada.org/dentpin.aspx
Use dentpin to fill your application form for part 1 http://www.ada.org/3375.aspx
Finally get the Eligibility form from the ADA at http://www.ada.org/3375.aspx
Use eligibility number that you get in UR email to apply for the exam at http://www.prometric.com/ADA/default.htm
Also you would need to get Ece evaluation as seen here at
http://ow.ly/1BEvFC*Or at
http://ow.ly/1BEvLz*

Help N Be Helped

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has applied to take the NBDE1? Im a little confused regarding the paper work that is required to be allowed to apply for the test.
Thank you

Hi i was just wondering if sumone will be kind enough to post the working zippped file again or the XL page with all the info as my download of that file is not working will truly appreciate it , u can PM me or just post it here .Thanks in adavance

hey friends,

I am dentist from India, and unfortunately my NBDE part 1 score is only 80, and i am planning to give part 2 in jan next year.....
Can any body help me to guide what should i do to get into the dental school in USA.... i have lost all my hopes that i will be able to make it in the school... plz if anybody can help me.....
I have 2 and half year of work experience as a lecturer in college from India...
Plz help me I am totally confused... and planning to go back to India...:(:(:(:(:(

Like many people have said before, don't get disappointed with your score. WOrk on building up your resume and your SOP. Giving part 2 is going to help too. With the NBDE changing to a Pass/fail system from this year, most schools are likely to look at other aspects and not just the score. Try to look for CE courses,online and otherwise, Volunteer in dental clinic/ and or research jobs. US work experience and recommendation letters are very helpful.Good luck!! May God help you!!

hey friends,

You should definitely look at building up your resume by dong an observership, it helps to have US experience in any form. Having teaching experience works in your favor. Take part 2, and do all other possible things like online courses, volunteering etc and you will be just fine. Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Like many people have said before, don't get disappointed with your score. WOrk on building up your resume and your SOP. Giving part 2 is going to help too. With the NBDE changing to a Pass/fail system from this year, most schools are likely to look at other aspects and not just the score. Try to look for CE courses,online and otherwise, Volunteer in dental clinic/ and or research jobs. US work experience and recommendation letters are very helpful.Good luck!! May God help you!!

hi, i don't understand when u say "SOP" AND "CE COURSES".can u explain. please.
i am final yr BDS,usa citizen, planing to do DDS in future.

hi, i don't understand when u say "SOP" AND "CE COURSES".can u explain. please.
i am final yr BDS,usa citizen, planing to do DDS in future.

SOP - Statement Of Purpose
CE Courses - Continuing Education Courses...

The file is incredibly outdated, and CAAPID's directory essentially has all the basic info on many schools, leading to their websites and contact info as well...

This 'sticky' should be taken out.

The file is incredibly outdated, and CAAPID's directory essentially has all the basic info on many schools, leading to their websites and contact info as well...

This 'sticky' should be taken out.

Does CAAPID cover all the Schools for FTD Students?

caapid covers most of them but there are some schools who are not enrolled under caapid application like columbia , minnesota and else ...

can anyone help me
i have done my BDS from india and got comprehensive GPA 1.23 and best result 3.11
can i be accepted by any dental college in US for dds

Dudes,

1. University Name
  2. City, State
  3. University Website
  4. Phone Number
  7. Application Fee
  9. Admission dates
  11. Minimum TOEFL,
  13. Minimum GPA
  16. Statement of Purpose
  17. Resume
  18. Personal Interview
  19. Bulletin Link
  21. My Notes
hi frnd
i m not able to open this file
can u help me by replying to my question
i have done my BDS from india
and got comprehensive GPA 1.23 and best result 3
can u tell me that i can gt admission in any of US dental school for dds

hi, how long does it take to pay off the 200,000 debt after finishing DDS in usa.? please be accurate. anyone help me.

hi, how long does it take to repay 200,000 debt after finishing dds. I mean on average, and also the instruments which i bought in india, will they be useful in dds?

Excellent work this file is really help full.

Hi Acalanes

It all depends on where you get the loan.
If it is from a private bank they might have as many options on payback as government loans.

I got my loans from the government so I know a lot about it and already started paying my loans back

You have several different options you chose from:

1) income based repayment. It is based on how much money you are making once you start working. Normally it is a comfortable way of paying it back , however if you are not making much money you will end up taking a long time to pay the full amount back and meanwhile interests will be counting!

2) the most common is to pay it in 10 years.. With that amount it may come to about 2900$ a month for 10 years

3)You can choose to pay in 10 years but starting with smaller amounts that increase overtime. That is to consider that you start making less money and with time you expect to make more

4) And finally you can choose to pay in 30 years. That means small amount per month but in the end the amount that you pay in interest might be super high..

This question is for all those who have applied to dental schools....

I am a foreing trained dentist. I will be applying to dental schools in Caapid cycle 2013-2014 in the month of April-May 2013.... Especially to those who have deadlines in July - August.

My questions is... My current toefl score is valid till 31 July 2013 but I will be applying to all schools in May 2013. Will My current scores be accepted if I apply till may? Or will they reject my application because scores will expire on 31 July? Or the scores should be valid only at the time is application? Or is it mandatory for my toefl scores to be valid till the entire process ends; like from application to bench test to acceptance?

I am stuck in a tricky situation... Please Help...

should i get 3 recommendation letters for real? or is there any website or blog where i can copy them. will the dental school check the letters genuinity?
Are there any state exams after finishing dental school? if yes, how many of them?

should i get 3 recommendation letters for real? or is there any website or blog where i can copy them. will the dental school check the letters genuinity?
Are there any state exams after finishing dental school? if yes, how many of them?

Yes they do check the letters and they are very important.
Even thought it is not a requirement for every school, I would still do the following to certify the authenticity of the letters:

-Get your faculty to write the letter on a official paper from your school, with their logo and envelope.
-Get them to sign the letter, seal the envelope and sign the envelope as a proof they were not opened
-When possible get the school to mail the letters directly to the American School you are applying to

As for searching letter online: Yes they can be used as a sample. You can give them to your faculty so they can have an idea of what a reference letter should look like in America

That goes without saying that faking any document is not recommended. It is not only illegal but also unethical.

I wanna ask a questions about loans. Can i take a loan for a pedo master and then taking another one for applying to an advanced standing program without paying the first one? so taking two loans successively:oops: