Mother of all information for Dental Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hello! If a school is not listed on adea-s program lists, does that mean that school is not accepting students this year? I saw NY is no longer accepting ID-s, but what about OStrow?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for providing me great ideas that how can choose a professional and experienced dentist in Redondo Beach!! I have bookmarked your website so that I can gain more information about it.:rolleyes:

Dudes,

I have researched all the dental schools listed in ada.org and gave my best to pool useful information (at least for me). So, I thought of sharing this with you to save some time while looking for universities that offer Advanced Standing Program for international dentists.

While, I spent maximum time on looking up individual school websites, there might be some information that I have missed or you might have some information that I haven't listed here. Please help us collaborate this work for the good of everyone. Feel free to comment on this or give your suggestions or information that might need some editing or additions. I would be more than pleased to change it for you.

Also, I looking for someone to help me in figuring out stuff that I couldn't pool. Most importantly, 'Does universities accept provisional certificate at the time of application deadlines as valid proof?' Probably, we could send email or contact the admissions office. Is there anyone ready to volunteer and find this information for us, especially someone who is already in USA?

The attached zip file contains list of all schools from ADA. You may filter out the results to fit your needs. The file contains the following details
  1. University Name
  2. City, State
  3. University Website
  4. Phone Number
  5. Advanced Standing Program Offered (Y/N)
  6. Green Card or Citizenship Required (R/NR)
  7. Application Fee
  8. Application Start and deadline dates
  9. Admission dates
  10. Number of Seats available
  11. Minimum TOEFL,
  12. Minimum NBDE I/II marks
  13. Minimum GPA
  14. Req. Number Recommendation Letters
  15. Sort of education Evaluation
  16. Statement of Purpose
  17. Resume
  18. Personal Interview
  19. Bulletin Link
  20. Source Link from which Information pulled
  21. My Notes
Hope it helps someone. Thanks
I am at a loss for words. Even though it is a bit outdated, this is a great resource. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi . anyone who can clear out these things for me , plz do!
- few schools have ended 2014 application for international students. i want a list of schools still open for 2014 intake
-i have green card, does this give me any advantage over others?
-do all schools have advanced standing program for international students?
-can we apply directly instead of going through CAAPID?
- do schools which accept AADSAS havve advanced standing program?

Caapid shows which schools have passed deadline and which one are still accepting application. If you don't have a caapid login yet then create it. you'll get the accurate and updated information there.
There are some schools which accept only green card holders or citizens, so yes, having green card will give you advantage.
Not all schools have advanced standing, there are around 55 schools in total, but around 20 offer advanced standing. Some schools out of these ask you to apply from caapid, and others directly.

can i get a list of all schools that have advanced standing program!

You will find the complete list on caapid website dipesh p.

Hello Everyone,

I noticed that the University of Florida was not included in the original list. The University of Florida College of Dentistry in Miami, would like to provide information about our Advanced Education in General Dentistry program for internationally trained dentists. Every year we admit 12 students into our two year program; below is additional information about our requirements, I hope that this additional information aids you in your decision making process.

1. University Name

University of Florida

2. City, State

Hialeah, FL

3. University Website

http://dental.ufl.edu/admissions/advanced-graduate-education-programs/programs/hialeah-aegd/

4. Phone Number

305-694-5400

N

R

7. Application Fee

$30

Deadline September 16th

9. Admission dates

November 15th

12 seats

11. Minimum TOEFL,

NBDE I: Pass

NBDE II: N/A ** (This is a new change in our application, in previous years it was required)

13. Minimum GPA

N/A

3 letters

ECE, Josef Silney

16. Statement of Purpose

Required

17. Resume

Required

18. Personal Interview

Required

I hope that this information may aid some of you and will lead you to apply for the following year! Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or if you need clarification. You can also email me at [email protected]

Best of luck!

--UFAEGD

Reactions: 1 users
what is a bench exam? when should it be taken? is it mandatory for all univ?what contents include in the prepn.,?is it necessary for a foreign dentist?

Hi Im looking for any kind of preparation courses for bench test and hand's on training for the bench test in San Jose Ca , is there any one who knows?? Please inform me , thx

Dudes,

I have researched all the dental schools listed in ada.org and gave my best to pool useful information (at least for me). So, I thought of sharing this with you to save some time while looking for universities that offer Advanced Standing Program for international dentists.

While, I spent maximum time on looking up individual school websites, there might be some information that I have missed or you might have some information that I haven't listed here. Please help us collaborate this work for the good of everyone. Feel free to comment on this or give your suggestions or information that might need some editing or additions. I would be more than pleased to change it for you.

Also, I looking for someone to help me in figuring out stuff that I couldn't pool. Most importantly, 'Does universities accept provisional certificate at the time of application deadlines as valid proof?' Probably, we could send email or contact the admissions office. Is there anyone ready to volunteer and find this information for us, especially someone who is already in USA?

The attached zip file contains list of all schools from ADA. You may filter out the results to fit your needs. The file contains the following details
  1. University Name
  2. City, State
  3. University Website
  4. Phone Number
  7. Application Fee
  9. Admission dates
  11. Minimum TOEFL,
  13. Minimum GPA
  16. Statement of Purpose
  17. Resume
  18. Personal Interview
  19. Bulletin Link
  21. My Notes

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, i joined SDN about 5 minutes back looking for this info. this is an amazing job! thank you ..write 2dentist

Dudes,

1. University Name
  2. City, State
  3. University Website
  4. Phone Number
  7. Application Fee
  9. Admission dates
  11. Minimum TOEFL,
  13. Minimum GPA
  16. Statement of Purpose
  17. Resume
  18. Personal Interview
  19. Bulletin Link
  21. My Notes

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! I am a foreign dentist and I wanted to apply for aegd programs. I have a question regarding the PASS application. I am really confused between PPI and PEF. I don't know which is more important and which one of them should be done by my better evaluators. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hi guys! I am a foreign dentist and I wanted to apply for aegd programs. I have a question regarding the PASS application. I am really confused between PPI and PEF. I don't know which is more important and which one of them should be done by my better evaluators. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
The PPI is absolutely more important because it's required, while the PEF is not, it's optional, hope that helps.

hi,
Thanx a lot for taking so much of efforts.
I am not able to open the pdf file,it is asking about password.
If you could help me with the same

Anyone getting ivs for AEGD please share...

God !! This is Crazy. Thank u so much

Dudes,

1. University Name
  2. City, State
  3. University Website
  4. Phone Number
  7. Application Fee
  9. Admission dates
  11. Minimum TOEFL,
  13. Minimum GPA
  16. Statement of Purpose
  17. Resume
  18. Personal Interview
  19. Bulletin Link
  21. My Notes

Chect out the ones in BU they don't even require GRE just Toefl and your BDS

Hi
I`m a member for long time but i didn`t have something smart to say till today :rolleyes:

I`ve just bumped into this page browsing through the web looking for info about international trained dentist and i think this is going to be one more good info for this great thread.
Plenty of info all of them in one place.
http://aadmd.com/index_files/Page316.htm :thumbup:

It seems that page no longer exists, you may find what you are looking for here:
http://www.foreigntraineddentists.net/dds--dmd-programs.html

Dudes,

1. University Name
  2. City, State
  3. University Website
  4. Phone Number
  7. Application Fee
  9. Admission dates
  11. Minimum TOEFL,
  13. Minimum GPA
  16. Statement of Purpose
  17. Resume
  18. Personal Interview
  19. Bulletin Link
  21. My Notes

Dudes,

1. University Name
  2. City, State
  3. University Website
  4. Phone Number
  7. Application Fee
  9. Admission dates
  11. Minimum TOEFL,
  13. Minimum GPA
  16. Statement of Purpose
  17. Resume
  18. Personal Interview
  19. Bulletin Link
  21. My Notes

Any body looking for a part 2 study partner ?

hi there, this zip file wont open. help anyone?

Last edited:
Hi there , does anyone have an updated list of schools that international dentists can apply to for the 2 year dds program for the march 2015 - jan 2016 cycle? with deadlines. ADA still has the old list on its website.
Please help, thank you in advance

Dudes,

1. University Name
  2. City, State
  3. University Website
  4. Phone Number
  7. Application Fee
  9. Admission dates
  11. Minimum TOEFL,
  13. Minimum GPA
  16. Statement of Purpose
  17. Resume
  18. Personal Interview
  19. Bulletin Link
  21. My Notes

Dudes,

1. University Name
  2. City, State
  3. University Website
  4. Phone Number
  7. Application Fee
  9. Admission dates
  11. Minimum TOEFL,
  13. Minimum GPA
  16. Statement of Purpose
  17. Resume
  18. Personal Interview
  19. Bulletin Link
  21. My Notes

Couldn't open the file. Can it be sent again? In a different format?

Hey Dudes I am dentist in Australia practicing for the past 6 years.want to join AEGD programme..Donno where to look ...how to start with..any one could you please guide me?from where to start with?do I have to write first NBDE part 1 or ToeFl ?

What is caapid?ppi?
Pass search engine?
Really confusing
Please guys if you could help me that would be so good
Thank you in advance

Information regarding the AEDG Programs would be really appreciated. does this program make you eligible for licensure?

i am a dentist from mumbai,india with 3 years work ex and have just moved to seattle. and i am very new to this forum. i do have a few questions which i didnt know where to ask ..
university of washington - shcool of dentistry has a visiting scholars program..can anyone tell me how it is and what it is about and how competitive it is to get into that program
also how competitive is it to get into the international dds program?

also i heard that they are combining nbde1 and 2 and making it a single exam..is that good or bad?

i also need more information on nbde.
can anybody help me out... please

First, let me start off by saying thank you dearly for that AMAZINGLY well put dental school info guide! It is a ginormous help and answered a lot of questions but I just wanted to know the spaces that you left blank, does that mean that nothing is required in that field? Like for the NBDE part2, etc. ?
Okay, so...I'm a US citizen but I moved to Egypt after completing my high school education and now I'm thinking of translating my dentistry degree and going back so I was wondering if I'd still have to take the TOEFL. Also, I was wondering if anyone here knows of any scholarships that might be available for someone like me. I was also researching dental assistants and dental hygienists and the process for getting certified seems just as difficult as for a dentist, could anyone please help in explaining if pursing one of these two careers (or some other similar one) would be easier for me and how. Lastly, I have done A TON of research on how I could pursue a dental career in the US without having to go back to school but I can't find anything so if anyone has any info on that can you please let me know. OOOHH, I almost forgot, I wanted to know if I actually went through the whole process and hypothetically passed my NBDE part1 and was accepted to a dental school and graduated with the $200,000-300,000 loans I got, if I got them, how long would it take me to pay them off and is it easy to find a job as a dentist once I graduate.... I'm sorry if this seems like a very long list of questions with very little thought but I promise you that I've been looking this up for a very long time and I feel hopeless and I would GREATLY appreciate any information that anyone could provide me with! And thanks!!!

Hi Dentplan,

did you got accept or if you accepted ?

I am a dentist from India. Will someone be kind enough to tell me about mds admissions in Europe: the best countries to do mds from; scope in Europe, USA, UK, Canada etc after mds from European country; admission requirements; sessions, fees and exam dates etc. Thank you.

Dudes,

1. University Name
  2. City, State
  3. University Website
  4. Phone Number
  7. Application Fee
  9. Admission dates
  11. Minimum TOEFL,
  13. Minimum GPA
  16. Statement of Purpose
  17. Resume
  18. Personal Interview
  19. Bulletin Link
  21. My Notes

Could u pls guide me how to write SOP n CV

Dudes,

1. University Name
  2. City, State
  3. University Website
  4. Phone Number
  7. Application Fee
  9. Admission dates
  11. Minimum TOEFL,
  13. Minimum GPA
  16. Statement of Purpose
  17. Resume
  18. Personal Interview
  19. Bulletin Link
  21. My Notes

I cannot open the file.Please help

Dudes,

1. University Name
  2. City, State
  3. University Website
  4. Phone Number
  7. Application Fee
  9. Admission dates
  11. Minimum TOEFL,
  13. Minimum GPA
  16. Statement of Purpose
  17. Resume
  18. Personal Interview
  19. Bulletin Link
  21. My Notes
Excuse me, do the dental schools in US for foreign trained dentists require the evaluations(marks) from biology and chemistry from the high school ?

i want to start my nbde preparation i need partner from india for discussing whole exam to admission process discussion.. anybody preparing from india who can guide or want to join me for preparation please email me... [email protected]

Dudes,

1. University Name
  2. City, State
  3. University Website
  4. Phone Number
  7. Application Fee
  9. Admission dates
  11. Minimum TOEFL,
  13. Minimum GPA
  16. Statement of Purpose
  17. Resume
  18. Personal Interview
  19. Bulletin Link
  21. My Notes
can you email me at drsnehapurohit@gmail

Pls can anyone help me....the file that I downloaded came in Chinese writing n I can't read Chinese either

hi

i am dentist from pakistan, i appeared for toefl but score is low, its 79.. most of this university requires 100+, does it matter if i have low toefl score.

please help

hi

i am dentist from pakistan, i appeared for toefl but score is low, its 79.. most of this university requires 100+, does it matter if i have low toefl score.

please help
yes.this is a problem.you need to take toefl exam again and score above ninety.some school requires 100 or above 100 toefl score.so try to make good toefl score.
best of luck

Hello,

I just wanted to drop a feedback. Thank you for all the work that you have done here, helping by putting together this amazing list. :)

Does anyone have any information about the bench test at UAB?