Mother of all information for Dental Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dudes,

I have researched all the dental schools listed in ada.org and gave my best to pool useful information (at least for me). So, I thought of sharing this with you to save some time while looking for universities that offer Advanced Standing Program for international dentists.

While, I spent maximum time on looking up individual school websites, there might be some information that I have missed or you might have some information that I haven't listed here. Please help us collaborate this work for the good of everyone. Feel free to comment on this or give your suggestions or information that might need some editing or additions. I would be more than pleased to change it for you.

Also, I looking for someone to help me in figuring out stuff that I couldn't pool. Most importantly, 'Does universities accept provisional certificate at the time of application deadlines as valid proof?' Probably, we could send email or contact the admissions office. Is there anyone ready to volunteer and find this information for us, especially someone who is already in USA?

The attached zip file contains list of all schools from ADA. You may filter out the results to fit your needs. The file contains the following details

1. University Name
  2. City, State
  3. University Website
  4. Phone Number
  5. Advanced Standing Program Offered (Y/N)
  6. Green Card or Citizenship Required (R/NR)
  7. Application Fee
  8. Application Start and deadline dates
  9. Admission dates
  10. Number of Seats available
  11. Minimum TOEFL,
  12. Minimum NBDE I/II marks
  13. Minimum GPA
  14. Req. Number Recommendation Letters
  15. Sort of education Evaluation
  16. Statement of Purpose
  17. Resume
  18. Personal Interview
  19. Bulletin Link
  20. Source Link from which Information pulled
  21. My Notes
Hope it helps someone. Thanks
What are my chances of acceptance into advance standing program with below profile:

Pass nbde 1&2
Toefl of 94
Fellowship in periodontalogy at uconn
Dental assistant experience of 2 yrs
Gpa of 1.67

What are my chances of acceptance into advance standing program with below profile:

Pass nbde 1&2
Toefl of 94
Fellowship in periodontalogy at uconn
Dental assistant experience of 2 yrs
Gpa of 1.67

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Everyone,

I noticed that the University of Florida was not included in the original list. The University of Florida College of Dentistry in Miami, would like to provide information about our Advanced Education in General Dentistry program for internationally trained dentists. Every year we admit 12 students into our two year program; below is additional information about our requirements, I hope that this additional information aids you in your decision making process.

1. University Name

University of Florida

2. City, State

Hialeah, FL

3. University Website

Advanced Education in General Dentistry (Hialeah) » Office of Admissions » College of Dentistry » University of Florida

4. Phone Number

305-694-5400

N

R

7. Application Fee

$30

Deadline September 16th

9. Admission dates

November 15th

12 seats

11. Minimum TOEFL,

NBDE I: Pass

NBDE II: N/A ** (This is a new change in our application, in previous years it was required)

13. Minimum GPA

N/A

3 letters

ECE, Josef Silney

16. Statement of Purpose

Required

17. Resume

Required

18. Personal Interview

Required

I hope that this information may aid some of you and will lead you to apply for the following year! Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or if you need clarification. You can also email me at [email protected]

Best of luck!

--UFAEGD

Hi,

Thank you so much for the information. I am really interested in AEGD program. I have one question: Does AEGD Hialeah workshop includes Bench Test? what all are included in the Bench Test/Workshop?
Can you please help me.

Thanks and Regards,

Kim

Hello Everyone,

I noticed that the University of Florida was not included in the original list. The University of Florida College of Dentistry in Miami, would like to provide information about our Advanced Education in General Dentistry program for internationally trained dentists. Every year we admit 12 students into our two year program; below is additional information about our requirements, I hope that this additional information aids you in your decision making process.

1. University Name

University of Florida

2. City, State

Hialeah, FL

3. University Website

Advanced Education in General Dentistry (Hialeah)

4. Phone Number

305-694-5400

N

R

7. Application Fee

$30

Deadline September 16th

9. Admission dates

November 15th

12 seats

11. Minimum TOEFL,

NBDE I: Pass

NBDE II: N/A ** (This is a new change in our application, in previous years it was required)

13. Minimum GPA

N/A

3 letters

ECE, Josef Silney

16. Statement of Purpose

Required

17. Resume

Required

18. Personal Interview

Required

I hope that this information may aid some of you and will lead you to apply for the following year! Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or if you need clarification. You can also email me at [email protected]

Best of luck!

--UFAEGD

Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for the information. One question: does it have bench test/ work shop and what all exercises are included?

Thanks!

Hi,
if someone could help me with the application?
my stats are as below
GPA : 3.45
Toefl :101
NBDE1 : pass
2 months of shadowing experience at dental office
MPH GPA for last semester : 3.76
various CE courses done
1 article published

is it advisable to apply for BU for 2018 cycle?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,
if someone could help me with the application?
my stats are as below
GPA : 3.45
Toefl :101
NBDE1 : pass
2 months of shadowing experience at dental office
MPH GPA for last semester : 3.76
various CE courses done
1 article published

is it advisable to apply for BU for 2018 cycle?

heyyy.... i also need sm help with application. want to know where can we apply with only nbde part 1, gpa 3.55, toefl 97, work experience in india, planning to do shadowing in USA. i want to apply with part 1 right now. kindly suggest colleges that do not require part 2.. kindly help

heyyy.... i also need sm help with application. want to know where can we apply with only nbde part 1, gpa 3.55, toefl 97, work experience in india, planning to do shadowing in USA. i want to apply with part 1 right now. kindly suggest colleges that do not require part 2.. kindly help
Don’t expect someone to do the work for you. Get the list of schools with IDP from ADA and search each for requirements

We can guide You with Your applications, where are You applying to? I went to California Dental Prep. Academy and they were pretty good at giving advice to accomodate Your concerns.
Thank you, I don't need any help at this point

Hi,
Does anyone know if you have to have your diploma already before applying? Like can I be in the process of finishing my fifth and final year of dental school and still apply in March if I am due to graduate in June so that I do not waste a year? Also if I am an American citizen and native speaker - like I did all of my previous education in the United States, do I still have to take the TOEFL?

yes u need to have a diploma before applying
Hi,
Does anyone know if you have to have your diploma already before applying? Like can I be in the process of finishing my fifth and final year of dental school and still apply in March if I am due to graduate in June so that I do not waste a year? Also if I am an American citizen and native speaker - like I did all of my previous education in the United States, do I still have to take the TOEFL?

hey could anyone review my grades:
gpa: 3.89
Toefl:100
nbde 1 and 2 pass
shadowing since 6months

Hi can anyone tell me if I have a chance of getting into any IDP for a DDS/DMD not an AEGD?
US citizen
NBDE part 1 (first try passed after second year of dental school)
NBDE part 2 (first try failed after 4th year of dental school, second try passed)
GPA 2.5 (ece)
graduated dental school in Poland (English program) - DMD
TOEFL 115
presented at many medical school international research conferences in poland and won prizes
two publications
1 year residency in poland
dental assisting, volunteering and shadowing during the summers of the last 10 years at least
undergrad degree: Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and minor in French from USA college (2.9 GPA)
legacy at UPENN

Last edited:
Hi. Can any current or graduated dental students post information about dental schools in Europe? I have heard that dental schools in Europe have a lot of attrition, so it will be helpful to know which schools have the least attrition. How are the international students treated in these universities? My GPA is not that good, so I am trying to figure out which dental english program offers the best chance of graduation success for me. Thank you.