Mizzou c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Update on applications: It looks like the earliest they would be out would be a week and a half or so from now. OOS committee is looking at them now, meaning the initial analysis is done!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Update on applications: It looks like the earliest they would be out would be a week and a half or so from now. OOS committee is looking at them now, meaning the initial analysis is done!

Thanks for all the updates!! Do you work with the admissions office or something? :)

Thanks for all the updates!! Do you work with the admissions office or something? :)

Nope just try and keep my future mizzouites in the loop. You will most likely see me at interview time. I am an ambassador, and I am trying to do tours during all of the interview days

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully we hear before Thanksgiving. I applied to NC state and got an email today that final decisions will be made in mid December. It's getting real folks!

Hopefully we hear before Thanksgiving. I applied to NC state and got an email today that final decisions will be made in mid December. It's getting real folks!

As of right now, there's no reason why that wouldn't happen!

Reactions: 1 users

It's really awesome of you to update us! So exciting:)

Nov 16 is when interview invites started going out last year!

I keep refreshing my email, but with a Microbiology exam AND an Orgo II exam tomorrow night, I should really stop. ;) It sounds like they may go out later this year so hopefully by next week!!

Nov 16 is when interview invites started going out last year!
I keep refreshing my email, but with a Microbiology exam AND an Orgo II exam tomorrow night, I should really stop. ;) It sounds like they may go out later this year so hopefully by next week!!

I think they will go out on Monday, for a couple reasons -- last year the 16th was a Monday, so I'm thinking they usually send them out on a Monday, maybe. Also, they were running late this year due to a record amount of applications, so I don't think they will be out this week. Likely before Thanksgiving, though, I think!

Does Missouri typically send out waves of interview invites? (I.e., if I don't get an invite when others do, is there still hope?)

I'm guessing invites will be sent the week after Thanksgiving for totally arbitrary reasons. Or maybe it's just that I'm expecting a rejection and it would be nice to not have to mention it at Thanksgiving...

Does Missouri typically send out waves of interview invites? (I.e., if I don't get an invite when others do, is there still hope?)

I'm guessing invites will be sent the week after Thanksgiving for totally arbitrary reasons. Or maybe it's just that I'm expecting a rejection and it would be nice to not have to mention it at Thanksgiving...
Last year it seems like all invites went out at once. I was told that rejections go out shortly after if you weren't invited. It may vary from year to year, but I think they all go out at once

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I think they will go out on Monday, for a couple reasons -- last year the 16th was a Monday, so I'm thinking they usually send them out on a Monday, maybe. Also, they were running late this year due to a record amount of applications, so I don't think they will be out this week. Likely before Thanksgiving, though, I think!

I think this is the goal, but don't be disappointed if you see them go out on Tuesday or Wednesday instead.

Last year it seems like all invites went out at once. I was told that rejections go out shortly after if you weren't invited. It may vary from year to year, but I think they all go out at once

There are usually a few wait listed for interviews, so they tend to be in limbo for a little while, but otherwise that is correct.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are usually a few wait listed for interviews, so they tend to be in limbo for a little while, but otherwise that is correct.

Yes, I remember someone saying that about a few people being in limbo (I think you or Ashgirl?). I do remember them also saying that those folks usually result in rejection, though--please correct me if I'm wrong!

Yes, I remember someone saying that about a few people being in limbo (I think you or Ashgirl?). I do remember them also saying that those folks usually result in rejection, though--please correct me if I'm wrong!

Yep this is correct! So a basic timeline would be something like:

Nov XX- Interview invitations sent at once to OOS applicants.
Nov XZ (a few days or so later)- Rejections to those OOS who weren't offered an interview sent out at once.

If you did not receive any of these two emails, you are officially in limbo until DEC XX, in which there is an interview acceptance deadline. You should hear on or around this date if you get an interview, or if you are rejected instead.

I feel like Ashgirl is always here in the background :p

It appears from previous years on here that very few people get out of limbo. This makes sense as it is based off the amount of people that turn down an interview, and since mizzous interviews are fairly early in the game, it makes sense that most people accept the interview

One professor I work closely with is on the IS admissions committee here! She also happened to be at UCDavis on the admissions committee when I had my first interview for class of 2012 (the unsuccessful one).

One professor I work closely with is on the IS admissions committee here! She also happened to be at UCDavis on the admissions committee when I had my first interview for class of 2012 (the unsuccessful one).

Now I know what CoMo means. Columbia, Missouri, hahahah.

Does anyone know if there is a particular time of day when emails get sent out?

Hey @nyanko, I'm pretty sure I know who you are now.. I'm currently on the Neuro rotation and have seen you with your puppy :D

I'm hoping tomorrow is the day!!

Reactions: 6 users
Anything? anyone? Feeling ansty!

Nothing so far. I keep hitting refresh lol. Anyone at Mizzou have any updates on whether they will go out today or sometime this week?

Antsy as ever. Nothing so far for me. I hope they go out today, because it's gonna be hard to live like this for two more days!

My best advice: never expect any certain news to come on any certain day. more often than not, you won't hear on that much anticipated day and it will drive you even more nuts.

Reactions: 5 users
My best advice: never expect any certain news to come on any certain day. more often than not, you won't hear on that much anticipated day and it will drive you even more nuts.
Agreed. And be thankful that you guys aren't IS; those poor souls have to wait until late January at the earliest to even hear about interviews (and even then, I didn't get anything until February). That wait sucked. Haha.

It'll come. I promise. Don't waste your Thanksgiving worrying about vet school interviews. ;)

This. Even if the wonderful Kathy wanted them to go out today, there might have been something last minute that came up and prevented her from sending them. I'm sure they will be sent out soon, but until they do, go do something fun to take your mind off of it.

Agreed. And be thankful that you guys aren't IS; those poor souls have to wait until late January at the earliest to even hear about interviews (and even then, I didn't get anything until February). That wait sucked. Haha.

It'll come. I promise. Don't waste your Thanksgiving worrying about vet school interviews. ;)
Don't all poor souls get interviews as long as they meet the criteria, though?

This. Even if the wonderful Kathy wanted them to go out today, there might have been something last minute that came up and prevented her from sending them. I'm sure they will be sent out soon, but until they do, go do something fun to take your mind off of it.

Does studying for a biochemistry exam count as fun? :confused:

Yes I concur.
But then my brain be like: Or! What if you just think about this nonstop?! It'll be fun!

Past 5 PM and nothing here. New guesses on when invites will be out? Tomorrow? After Thanksgiving? I doubt they'd do the day before Thanksgiving, but who knows!

No idea. I'll probably just get my mind on other things and then before you know it, we will get them! No use stressing about it! I am ready for turkey

I'm going to play with foxes, lemurs, and an African Genet to get my mind off things tmrw.

I'm going to play with foxes, lemurs, and an African Genet to get my mind off things tmrw.

That sounds awesome! I told my boyfriend to save me some cute animal gifs in case I start feeling stressed. He's been doling them out as necessary based on expected interview timelines.

I'm not feeling too worried or frantically refreshing things. I have the volume up nice and high on my phone so it'll alert me if I get an email, and I also have alerts from this thread set to email me. The second I get an email from Mizzou or anyone else posts here saying they got one, I'll know!

I hope they go out before Thanksgiving because it will be nice to share something different with the family instead of the whole "still in wait mode".

I hope they go out before Thanksgiving because it will be nice to share something different with the family instead of the whole "still in wait mode".
Yes! So much this.

I keep getting emails... was awarded a scholarship for a winter class, a mouse died at my lab (I manage the colony), responses from professors, something about my application to graduate... nothing "actually" important though!! :p

I got an interview invite too!

Reactions: 5 users