Mizzou c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know it's awful to wait, but you guys are so close! Hang in there, and try something to distract yourself if you can, you will find out soon! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just emailed Kathy and she said that they should be sending them out next Monday or Tuesday. Just a few more days and we'll know!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how much Missouri's In State waitlist moves? I am waitlisted as In state and was wondering how many spots it normally moves.
Other schools get deep into their in state waitlist, such as #40 or higher, and some go to only #5 typically. Any insight would be amazing!

Missouri was also a week later on their in state decisions this year, does anyone know if they over accepted OOS and are holding back additional instate acceptances for April 15th?

Thanks so much everyone!

Does anyone know how much Missouri's In State waitlist moves? I am waitlisted as In state and was wondering how many spots it normally moves.
Other schools get deep into their in state waitlist, such as #40 or higher, and some go to only #5 typically. Any insight would be amazing!

Missouri was also a week later on their in state decisions this year, does anyone know if they over accepted OOS and are holding back additional instate acceptances for April 15th?

Thanks so much everyone!
I replied in the other thread- but really, it's hard to know. The only thing I know is that you will probably have to wait at least until the national April deadline (and it could be later, people have gotten off of the waitlist as late as August something before).

Accepted my IS position :) Can't wait to meet everyone in August!

I was accepted IS! Feeling very blessed. And very overwhelmed. I don't want to mess this up! Going to physically hand in my forms to Kathy's office this week.

Thanks so much everyone!

I was waitlisted last year. I know they accepted a few of the waitlist but it was less than 5 I believe. The waitlist was also not numbered last year so that was an excruciatingly terrible 4.5 months till August, waiting. I had heard they are numbering the waitlist this year though, so I hope you get good news!

I did wonder if they were hoping to get more out of state acceptances back by waiting an extra week. I'm curious so see how many applicants there were this year.

I was waitlisted last year. I know they accepted a few of the waitlist but it was less than 5 I believe. The waitlist was also not numbered last year so that was an excruciatingly terrible 4.5 months till August, waiting. I had heard they are numbering the waitlist this year though, so I hope you get good news!

I did wonder if they were hoping to get more out of state acceptances back by waiting an extra week. I'm curious so see how many applicants there were this year.
That makes me feel better, I was also wait-listed last year and the wait was excruciating. I'm wait-listed again this year, but they ranked us which was exciting and I'm number one on the list so, keeping my fingers crossed!
I'm also curious to see the number of applicants cause Doug told us last semester in pre-vet club that they had a record number of applicants this year for instate, but i think for out of state as well.

Have any OOS people been given any info about financial aid yet??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Have not heard anything yet!

Does anyone have experience living in the Townhomes by Brookside?

Yes actually! I have heard from a friend that it's kind of a "wild crowd" lol, but don't quote me on that!

Yeah, I would avoid any of the apartment or townhouse complexes. They are geared towards undergrads

Hello, does anyone know when the Facebook group will be made for us? I'm OOS and I'm looking for housing and roommates! Also not sure the best way to search, I did before and the offers seemed to be scams.

Hi everyone :). Just wanted to let you guys know that I relinquished my seat at Mizzou after getting accepted to UC Davis (after a weird glitch rejection that they just caught last week). It was a really difficult decision and it's bittersweet, but I really hope that someone will get pulled off the waitlist to take my spot. I literally just emailed tonight so hopefully someone will hear tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! Just so people know I contacted Kathy about financial aid info and I found out they won't be giving out information until June! Just so everyone who has been waiting is aware :)

Can anyone here talk about the dual MPH/DVM degree? Timeline of the application process, how many classes per IP it adds, and if you like the program in general.

If anyone is still looking for roommates, contact me! I found a few awesome rental places. :)

Hi there, I'm hoping some current Mizzou students can provide me with pros and cons of the program. I'm applying to transfer into the second year class. Just looking for some insight. Thanks

Hi there, I'm hoping some current Mizzou students can provide me with pros and cons of the program. I'm applying to transfer into the second year class. Just looking for some insight. Thanks
Hey there, Mizzou grad here.

What sort of questions do you have? And more importantly, is your curriculum going to match with Mizzou? Especially since you will be missing the first "second" year block that starts in ~May, which includes immunology, bacteriology, pathology, etc?

I think that are pros and cons to every single school. Vet school is very largely what you make it. It will be very different from a UK program as well.

PROS-

-> Two years of class, two years of clinics- Honestly, as a new grad, this is the one that I really believed helped me get started as a vet. A lot of schools like to talk about "early hands-on," which, is great, but to be able to apply your skills in clinics for another year in a whole other ball game. I was able to get tons of surgical and ER experience this way, which really helped me jump-start my career as an ER vet right outside of school. Again, I sought out those opportunities, so I will say that if you tried you can get these experiences anywhere.

-> 8 week class blocks- I really enjoyed moving through classes every 8 weeks (except for anatomy, pathology, etc), especially because if I hated it, it would be over with quickly.

-> Great professors/clinicians- We have some great people who really care about your education. Though, again, this dynamic can be found anywhere.

+/-

-> Frequent exams- I personally didn't mind, because I liked having to keep up with the material, but there are A LOT of exams here. Like 2-4 per week for most of the 8 week block before finals, a lot.

CONS-

-> Long years/burnout- Having 2 years of clinics means going into the end of June your first and second year and only getting 6-8 weeks off for summer. Which means that having 24 weeks of school after Christmas break sucksssssss. Definitely worth it, in my opinion, but it was brutal, especially in second year.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions :)

Reactions: 1 users