Mississippi CVM c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS rejection got the email at 9:45 am

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
OOS rejection. My heart is broken. This was my top choice school and I was waitlisted with them last year and just missed the cut off

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
OOS Interview - January 31st!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS rejection, no email but my portal updated. Super excited for y’all interviewing!! Have such a great time & best of luck 🫶

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
OOS Rejection. Congrats and good luck to everyone else.

• Care
OOS Interview January 29th 😭😭
This is my second time applying but first time to Miss. I had them on my VMCAS last year but ultimately decided to not apply and got all rejections last year.

For those who didn’t get interviews, don’t loose hope 🫶🏼 one door closes so another door can open. You will all be amazing vets one day 🥺

• Care
OOS interview on Jan. 30th!

• Care
IS interview invite!

• Love
  • Care
OOS interview invite!!! anyone else interviewing on Feb. 1st?🤞🏼🥹 i’m sooo excited!!!! i’ve heard so many good things about MSU!

OOS rejection :( really bummed about this one. I was really hoping for Mississippi

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS rejection, but good luck to everyone who got an interview!! You got this!

I got my interview scheduled on Feb. 1st! OOS 2nd time applying overall, but first time to Mississippi.

OOS interview January 29! Does anyone know the details regarding the Bardsley Scholarship? The website says those who meet the criteria to apply will be notified at the time they learn of their interview.

For those who have interviewed with Mississippi before, what was the general interview clothing? Are we talking suits or button down and slacks?

Is there a specific link that I'm supposed to follow where I can sign up for the campus tours offered the day before my interview, or are the tours conducted hourly and open to anyone who wants to join?

For those who have interviewed with Mississippi before, what was the general interview clothing? Are we talking suits or button down and slacks?
Slacks and blouses usually! Some people wear suits, but rare. I wore slacks, blouse, and blazer last year. Fit right in

Is there a specific link that I'm supposed to follow where I can sign up for the campus tours offered the day before my interview, or are the tours conducted hourly and open to anyone who wants to join?
When you go for the pizza party they will conduct tours then, you just get in line for one. No sign up!

Congrats for everyone that got interviews! I was wondering if anyone knew about the Bardsley Scholarship? I remember hearing that we would be notified regarding further information about the scholarship in conjunction with interview notifications, but I could be wrong. Has anyone heard anything regarding the scholarship? Any information would be great! Thanks in advance! I hope everyone has a happy New Years! :)

Hey guys! For those who are planning on going to the social the night before interview, what are you planning on wearing? Is the social more casual or should it still be professional clothing?

Hey guys! For those who are planning on going to the social the night before interview, what are you planning on wearing? Is the social more casual or should it still be professional clothing?
i would think it would be more casual!! i’ll probably wear like non-holy jeans and a nice top or something (kind of dressed up casual) but definitely interested to see what others are planning on wearing😊

Dressed up casual is a good way to put it! A nice shirt and jeans is a good plan. Your mentor and the professors will likely be there in whatever clothes they wore to classes/labs

Do we have to send our Fall transcripts yet? Can't find anything in any of the emails they sent.

Do we have to send our Fall transcripts yet? Can't find anything in any of the emails they sent.
As far as I’m aware you do not need to send fall transcripts. At least the past two years we haven’t.

Hi everyone! Congratulations to those who received interviews!! And for those who did not, please don't lose hope! The right doors will open up for you at the right time, trust the process!

I am a current first year at Mississippi State and I just wanted to make a post on here because I know interviews are coming up and how nerve wracking that can be. If you have any questions at all feel free to ask and I would love to help in any way I can! Good luck everyone!! :)

Reactions: 4 users
FYI, I gave up my interview with MSU today because I got an acceptance at a program I think is a better fit for me. I'm not sure if there is a waitlist for interviews, but if there is one of you guys may be getting called off of it. Good luck!

Freaking out last minute about my interview. I love Miss State CVM and I just don’t want to flop anyone else interviewing on Monday 1/29??

For anyone with upcoming interviews, I wish you all the best of luck!!! I have mine on Thursday Feb. 1st and I am so nervous but hoping everything goes the way we all want it to😊

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Just finished packing for my flight tomorrow. Sending everyone all the good vibes!!!

• Care
Good luck to everyone interviewing this week!! Just stay calm and be yourself!! You all are going to do absolutely amazing! I’m interviewing on Friday!! Is anyone else?

Reactions: 5 users
Good luck to everyone interviewing this week!! Just stay calm and be yourself!! You all are going to do absolutely amazing! I’m interviewing on Friday!! Is anyone else?
I’m interviewing Friday as well!

Anyone else going to the pre-interview social tonight? I’ve started a separate conversation on here so that we’re able to share names and locations in case we want to meet each other!! I can invite you 😁

To anyone that had an interview how was it? I have mine tomorrow afternoon and I'm not sure what to expect.

I had mine yesterday. It wasn’t bad and they were nice. Only one person knows your application and the two others are either staff or alumni.

Of course, I was nervous and didn’t get to emphasize some of my experiences but I scattered it in for my answers.

Last edited:
To anyone that had an interview how was it? I have mine tomorrow afternoon and I'm not sure what to expect.
I loved my interview! I felt so a peace with my interviewers and they were so kind. Definitely more of a conversation then like question after question.