Mississippi CVM c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If on the portal it doesn’t have a status should I be worried?!
Are you looking on your computer or phone? I was confused at first because I could not see it on my phone until I turned it sideways and then it was on the far right side of the screen. So maybe just a formatting thing?
I also don’t know if they’re doing things in chronological order vs alphabetical or any other way. I wouldn’t stress it just yet! Just keep an eye on your portal and email. I did receive an updated email notifying me of my portal change a few hours after my previous post stating I didn’t have one yet.
They’re definitely actively working to get through things and keep people updated. Hopefully you will hear something soon. Best of luck <3

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would make sure you have a checkmark next to all your items, if you're missing something I would reach out!

Reactions: 1 users
Will they send out some rejections after academic review? Or will all rejections come out at the same time?

Members don't see this ad :)
Will they send out some rejections after academic review? Or will all rejections come out at the same time?
Will they send out some rejections after academic review? Or will all rejections come out at the same time
if you’re still in academic review, does that mean we should expect a rejection ?

We are still relatively early in the cycle, I think they're still processing applications, I would take no news as good news right now. I literally have a countdown marker and say after every day "another day without a denial is a win!" :)

Also I went and looked back and there were literally no updates from the last cycle I applied until I got a denial in December saying I was not selected to interview! So as of right now I would think they're working through applications to look for completeness/make sure they have all the requirements, etc and updating portals from there!

Reactions: 3 users
We are still relatively early in the cycle, I think they're still processing applications, I would take no news as good news right now. I literally have a countdown marker and say after every day "another day without a denial is a win!" :)

Also I went and looked back and there were literally no updates from the last cycle I applied until I got a denial in December saying I was not selected to interview! So as of right now I would think they're working through applications to look for completeness/make sure they have all the requirements, etc and updating portals from there!
Agreed! I didn’t get my denial until January!

Are you looking on your computer or phone? I was confused at first because I could not see it on my phone until I turned it sideways and then it was on the far right side of the screen. So maybe just a formatting thing?
I also don’t know if they’re doing things in chronological order vs alphabetical or any other way. I wouldn’t stress it just yet! Just keep an eye on your portal and email. I did receive an updated email notifying me of my portal change a few hours after my previous post stating I didn’t have one yet.
They’re definitely actively working to get through things and keep people updated. Hopefully you will hear something soon. Best of luck QUOTE]

I want to say both but I can double check again, thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS, submitted 8/31 and now in application review! Yay!

Everytime I go to my portal it just tells me I have no payments due at this time but it doesn't actually give me an updated status? Is anyone else having this issue or can anyone tell me if their is anywhere specific i am supposed to go for the status update? Thanks!

Everytime I go to my portal it just tells me I have no payments due at this time but it doesn't actually give me an updated status? Is anyone else having this issue or can anyone tell me if their is anywhere specific i am supposed to go for the status update? Thanks!
There should be a link on the first page of this thread where it will take you to your actual app status. The payment page was all i had first to and i had to dig to find the status page.

hi guys! all of my requirements have a green check and “received” next to them on the status page, but I can’t find an actual status. anyone know if this is concerning enough for me to call them?

hi guys! all of my requirements have a green check and “received” next to them on the status page, but I can’t find an actual status. anyone know if this is concerning enough for me to call them?
Are you on mobile? On the webpage it should be right to the right of the screen on a laptop.

Hi! I checked on both and still can’t find it, but I will check again when I am home!
this is what mine looks like:

Screen Shot 2023-11-02 at 10.35.50 PM.png

Thanks everyone for their help! I have scheduled an email to send to them tomorrow morning to check on this.

Hi guys, is there anyone else still in academic review? I have emailed them twice, with weeks in between and received an automative email response each time. I am beginning to worry.

Hi guys, is there anyone else still in academic review? I have emailed them twice, with weeks in between and received an automative email response each time. I am beginning to worry.
I am also still in academic review

I am also still in academic review
Thank you for the reply! I spoke to admissions today, they stated that they are still going through the applicants and everyone should be finished in 2-3 weeks. And not to worry.

Thank you for the reply! I spoke to admissions today, they stated that they are still going through the applicants and everyone should be finished in 2-3 weeks. And not to worry.
Finished as in out of academic review? Or totally finished?

Big sad considering they originally said interview invites sent on Nov 30. It’s hard that they will give us such little notice when OOS applicants will need to get flights/hotels

I was just moved to Application Review this morning!

I was just moved to application review this morning!!!

Anybody else's portal blank now? It used to say in Academic Review but now the message is gone.

Mine is still saying admissions committee is reviewing. Are you looking on your computer or phone?
I first noticed on my phone but on my computer I don't see either. There used to be the message about in academic review and under the Stay Connected I could see my status but both are gone now.

I first noticed on my phone but on my computer I don't see either. There used to be the message about in academic review and under the Stay Connected I could see my status but both are gone now.

Mine is the same way, I had to call the admissions office asking if I missed something but they said it’s just the portal being weird and gave me an update- I think it’s just an IT issue.

Were any of y'all on the Zoom call Mississippi State had on Nov.2nd? I thought they said we could hear back around Dec. 20th but then the emails say possibly early January, so I was wondering which one was more likely.

Were any of y'all on the Zoom call Mississippi State had on Nov.2nd? I thought they said we could hear back around Dec. 20th but then the emails say possibly early January, so I was wondering which one was more likely.
I was in the zoom they said their goal is to expect to hear the week on Dec 20th :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Is anyone still in academic review? They said that they would be finished by the end of the month; however, I am just getting anxious my application did not move on.

Is anyone still in academic review? They said that they would be finished by the end of the month; however, I am just getting anxious my application did not move on.
I would reach out to admissions, hopefully they can let you know that everything is good. This waiting is already anxiety provoking enough. Good luck!

Anyone know how many IS and OOS get interviews each cycle? Or does it vary? Couldn’t find much info on the website but maybe I missed it.

Are we thinking next week is the week or more likely the beginning of Jan?

Are we thinking next week is the week or more likely the beginning of Jan?
In a Zoom in early November, Dr. Henderson said they're aiming for next week, but last year's came out in January so there's no telling tbh.

In a Zoom in early November, Dr. Henderson said they're aiming for next week, but last year's came out in January so there's no telling tbh.
I was on that zoom too, and I just wanted to see if maybe anyone has heard anything else.

I decided to check my portal randomly tonight and it updated to "invited to interview"! Hope it's not a glitch or an error lol.

Last edited: