Midwestern CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You just have to apply...it costs 40 dollars. Its not like a ptcb test or anything. Search through the previous pages of this thread and i linked the website to go to.

thanks... i appreciate the reply

Members don't see this ad.

hey micko, how many days/weeks after your interview did you get your acceptance letter? THANKS!

Accepted! Just got it in the mail today. I interviewed Feb 18th.

Members don't see this ad :)
are they still pullin people off the alternate?

I see. From previous acceptances, there were people that found out because their portal changed.

Congratulations on your acceptance!!!

hey micko, how many days/weeks after your interview did you get your acceptance letter? THANKS!

i interviewed on feb. 20 and got the letter today

they told us the committee meets at the end of the month usually, so depending on when you interview you may or may not have to wait a while

I just got my acceptance letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am literally in shock, I can't believe I'm actually going to pharmacy school---this has been SUCH a long time coming :)

Do you mind posting your stats please?? Tell me about the interview... do you think it had/"not that much" helped you?

THANKS SO MUCH!! and CONGRATS!!:)

I received my acceptance letter today!! Interviewed 2/20.

Do you mind posting your stats please?? Tell me about the interview... do you think it had/"not that much" helped you?

3.2 GPA; 80 PCAT

I worked in a hospital and labs for about 3 years in college and volunteered at a pharmacy after college.

I wasn't impressed with the interviewing process at Midwestern. It was really brief and impersonal. We had two interviewers and 6 students being interviewed. If I remember correctly, there were only 3 questions asked and they were all behavior style questions, but they were all pretty standard and everybody seemed to have fairly similar answers (i.e. Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a difficulty).

After the interview, I didn't feel like the interviewers got to know me at all and therefore wasn't sure what to expect in terms of an admission decision.

3.2 GPA; 80 PCAT

I worked in a hospital and labs for about 3 years in college and volunteered at a pharmacy after college.

I wasn't impressed with the interviewing process at Midwestern. It was really brief and impersonal. We had two interviewers and 6 students being interviewed. If I remember correctly, there were only 3 questions asked and they were all behavior style questions, but they were all pretty standard and everybody seemed to have fairly similar answers (i.e. Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a difficulty).

After the interview, I didn't feel like the interviewers got to know me at all and therefore wasn't sure what to expect in terms of an admission decision.

Noone will have time to get to know all of you. Interview is required for the admission. THey only have a brief moment to observe you since the have like thousand of students to be reviewed.

Members don't see this ad :)
How much will improving your PCAT boost your chances of being removed from the waitlist? Let's say you went from a 65 Composite to an 84 Composite. I know the alternate list letter said that they will consider new PCAT scores. If anyone has any experiences in which they would like to share I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Well I really hope, and would assume, that there alternate list is actually ranked. It would seem really stupid if it weren't, despite what they say. I got put on the alternate list. I'm guessing it's mostly due to the fact that I have no pharmacy experience, although I think that's a piss-poor reason to not give somebody a chance. I have a BS and graduated Summa Cum Laude with a 3.82 gpa. I have a 84 composite for PCAT and plenty of extra-curriculars. Whatever, I guess I'll just have to wait until UIC accepts people, then if I don't get in there, I'll have a better shot I guess.

Well I really hope, and would assume, that there alternate list is actually ranked. It would seem really stupid if it weren't, despite what they say. I got put on the alternate list. I'm guessing it's mostly due to the fact that I have no pharmacy experience, although I think that's a piss-poor reason to not give somebody a chance. I have a BS and graduated Summa Cum Laude with a 3.82 gpa. I have a 84 composite for PCAT and plenty of extra-curriculars. Whatever, I guess I'll just have to wait until UIC accepts people, then if I don't get in there, I'll have a better shot I guess.
Quite honestly, I think it may have been your interview. Pharmacy experience has nothing to do with it, and your GPA and PCAT score is amazing. There are been plenty to people accepted without no pharmacy experience at CCP.

Noone will have time to get to know all of you. Interview is required for the admission. THey only have a brief moment to observe you since the have like thousand of students to be reviewed.

i realize that schools don't really have a chance to "get to know" the candidates... but some schools have interviews that are more personal than others

i realize that schools don't really have a chance to "get to know" the candidates... but some schools have interviews that are more personal than others

For me I preferred Midwestern's interview because of the reasons you mentioned. It was more business-like. The focus of the interview shouldn't be your personality, it should be your qualifications.

For me I preferred Midwestern's interview because of the reasons you mentioned. It was more business-like. The focus of the interview shouldn't be your personality, it should be your qualifications.

I think the way they do the interview brings out your personality in a group dynamic. I loved it. My qualifications were the last thing that got me noticed so i relied on personality to get me in. Depends on how you look at it i guess.

Quite honestly, I think it may have been your interview. Pharmacy experience has nothing to do with it, and your GPA and PCAT score is amazing. There are been plenty to people accepted without no pharmacy experience at CCP.

I actually thought my interview went pretty well. That's what's confusing about the situation.

PCAT composite (Aug 2007)-76
GPA-3.26

I have been working full-time as a hospital discharge/outpatient pharmacy coordinator for the past 3 years. I think that experience is what really put me over the top in terms of my acceptance. However, I think that not coming off as a complete idiot in my interview helped a bit as well.

Thanks micko and russ36! So Midwestern do factor in stats AND outside activities. I think that gives me hope on my interview... only two weeks away. I wished they interview me tomorrow though:p. The wait is so murderous:scared:.

I actually thought my interview went pretty well. That's what's confusing about the situation.

I think with acceptances to any school, besides your qualifications, there is a bit of luck/bad luck involved. It's impossible for schools to accept the most qualified candidates 100% of the time. They make judgement calls and as a result definitely reject qualified candidates.

I think, unfortunately, you may have been well qualified but they made a judgement call against you. I think that's just an unavoidable factor in the whole process.

where do you find out which immunizations you need?

I was accepted from the wait-list !!! (placed in November).

Now, I have a little concern. When I first applied I said I was going to complete my degree by summer of 09. However due to scheduling changes I can't complete it by then; I will only have 10 credits left.
Will they take away my acceptance?

I know this is not one of the pre-reqs but I would like to make sure.

Thank You

where do you find out which immunizations you need?

In your portal, select the "student services" tab at the top, then click the "immunization records" link on the left. A list of all req'd immunizations r there. but here they are anyways:

Hepatitis B:
Hep B Surface Antibody
Hepatitis B #1
Hepatitis B #2
Hepatitis B #3
Hepatitis B Surf Antigen
Measles:
Measles Immunization #1
Measles Immunization #2
Measles Titer
Measles, Mumps, and Rubella:
Measles/Mumps/Rubella #1
Measles/Mumps/Rubella #2
Mumps:
Mumps Immunization #1
Mumps Immunization #2
Mumps Titer
Rubella:
Rubella Immunization #1
Rubella Immunization #2
Rubella Titer
TD DPT:
Td DPT 1
Td DPT 2
Td DPT 3
Tuberculosis:
TB Chest X-Ray
neg TB#1
neg TB#2
Varicella:
Varicella Titer

I sent in my supp app like at the beginning of feb and still have no heard anything...i emailed them and they told me that they have recieved all things that they need and that they will let me know as soon as a decision is made....Im getting really nervous now! Anyone in the same spot?

I also sent in my applications (as a dual-acceptance applicant) at the beginning of February and I got an interview exactly one month after. The applications for this program (early-assurance for high school seniors) was due Feb 15. I think that this additional load of applications might have affect their timing?

Just a guess and I hope the best for you.

I sent in my supp app like at the beginning of feb and still have no heard anything...i emailed them and they told me that they have recieved all things that they need and that they will let me know as soon as a decision is made....Im getting really nervous now! Anyone in the same spot?

I sent my stuff in by early January and I just got my interview invite this week which was almost 2 months later. Don't worry just yet. People have posted that they will continue to interview into April, so you've got a shot.

Any tips on a hotel that has an airport shuttle? I'd rather not pay a huge cab fair to get to and from the airport.

Hi everyone,

Those of you who have already gotten in and have read the agreement, can you please explain the 3-day and 30 refund policy.

Thank You

Hi everyone,

Those of you who have already gotten in and have read the agreement, can you please explain the 3-day and 30 refund policy.

Thank You

You pay the $1000 deposit.

If you decide not to go there and provide a written request postmarked within 3 days of the deposit being paid, you get back the entire $1000.

Past that, you can request for a partial refund of $100 up until 30 days before classes start.

so who got the email from midwestern today about their finances? well apparently NOW since the illinois government good away some grants away from the school, ALL incoming students will be paying the same amount regardless of residency (which is the out of state tuition im assuming). What is everyones opinion on this? I wouldnt say im angry about this, more annoyed. This sschool is expensive as it is and now even illinois residents are getting somewhat screwed over even if they go in an in state school. some thoughts?

Can you copy/paste the email?

It wouldn't make a difference for me since im a california resident, and would end up paying out of state tuition anyway. But i'm curious about this...

so who got the email from midwestern today about their finances? well apparently NOW since the illinois government good away some grants away from the school, ALL incoming students will be paying the same amount regardless of residency (which is the out of state tuition im assuming). What is everyones opinion on this? I wouldnt say im angry about this, more annoyed. This sschool is expensive as it is and now even illinois residents are getting somewhat screwed over even if they go in an in state school. some thoughts?

Can you copy/paste the email?

It wouldn't make a difference for me since im a california resident, and would end up paying out of state tuition anyway. But i'm curious about this...

Dear Student:

Congratulations on your acceptance to Midwestern University for the coming year. We take our commitment to our students very seriously, and we appreciate the investment you are making in your professional education. In that spirit, I am writing to you today to inform you of an adjustment we have had to make to our tuition rates for the 2009-2010 academic year.

As you know, private education throughout the United States is not financed by state tax dollars. For many years, MWU received funding from the state of Illinois through the Health Services Education Grant Act (HSEGA), which we passed directly on to our in-state students in the form of lower tuition rates. Unfortunately, due to the financial situation in Illinois, this HSEGA grant program was eliminated in the state budget through a veto process. Despite extensive efforts by MWU and our current students, the legislature was not willing to overturn the governor’s veto and these funds have not been reinstated. Consequently, because the grant has been eliminated by the state of Illinois, we have been forced to charge all incoming students the same tuition rate regardless of their residency status.

Midwestern University strives to provide you with an outstanding education in a safe and secure environment. We sincerely appreciate your desire to attend our institution and look forward to welcoming you to our academic community.

Please do not hesitate to contact the Student Financial Services office with any questions or concerns at 630-515-6101. We are here to offer assistance or support in applying for any additional financial aid funding needed to attend Midwestern University.

Sincerely,

Nathan Ernst, M.Ed.
Director, Student Financial Services
630-515-6342
[email protected]

Wow, that's a bummer.

I think were going to be seeing this type of thing across the country.

Btw, it says the HSEGA grant was vetoed by the governor...who the hell is your governor?? Or was this vetoed by blagosomething before he was impeached?

I suggest you write to your congressman about getting the grant re-instated. And if they do not act on your requests, don't vote for them if they're up for relection.

Dear Student:

Congratulations on your acceptance to Midwestern University for the coming year. We take our commitment to our students very seriously, and we appreciate the investment you are making in your professional education. In that spirit, I am writing to you today to inform you of an adjustment we have had to make to our tuition rates for the 2009-2010 academic year.

As you know, private education throughout the United States is not financed by state tax dollars. For many years, MWU received funding from the state of Illinois through the Health Services Education Grant Act (HSEGA), which we passed directly on to our in-state students in the form of lower tuition rates. Unfortunately, due to the financial situation in Illinois, this HSEGA grant program was eliminated in the state budget through a veto process. Despite extensive efforts by MWU and our current students, the legislature was not willing to overturn the governor’s veto and these funds have not been reinstated. Consequently, because the grant has been eliminated by the state of Illinois, we have been forced to charge all incoming students the same tuition rate regardless of their residency status.

Midwestern University strives to provide you with an outstanding education in a safe and secure environment. We sincerely appreciate your desire to attend our institution and look forward to welcoming you to our academic community.

Please do not hesitate to contact the Student Financial Services office with any questions or concerns at 630-515-6101. We are here to offer assistance or support in applying for any additional financial aid funding needed to attend Midwestern University.

Sincerely,

Nathan Ernst, M.Ed.
Director, Student Financial Services
630-515-6342
[email protected]

is this the same for all illinois health professional schools or is it just midwestern?

As far as I can tell, it takes away the extra stipend given to Illinois residents that attend a private school (since the public ones are funded by the state already). So that would include any school/professional program that is private...

Needless to say I was NOT pleased to receive that email.

wow that is a real bummer. i am now confused since i just got accepted into uni. wisconsin and their out of state tuition will be cheaper than paying instate for midwestern. inasmuch as i hate to relocate, i guess i will have to weigh my options carefully. ......uni of wisconsin is also a top school (top 15 depending on whose ranking)

This must be upsetting to current students who attended thinking they would be paying slightly reduced in-state tuition for all four years.

Hey,

I am a late applicant to Midwestern CCP. I submitted my application just few days before the deadline. Are there still hopes for getting interview invites?

My stats and essay is stronger..so I have my fingers crossed. But those who were already interviewed, do you guys know their figures about the seats filled, # of applicants, etc?

Hey,

I am a late applicant to Midwestern CCP. I submitted my application just few days before the deadline. Are there still hopes for getting interview invites?

My stats and essay is stronger..so I have my fingers crossed. But those who were already interviewed, do you guys know their figures about the seats filled, # of applicants, etc?

Well, one would assume that if there was a deadline, they would still interviews those that submitted on time, yes?

Also, no one knows the figures about seats filled, etc. until the next year. I personally know three others that have been accepted already. So, there are at least 4 seats gone...

When did you guys receive this email? Did it go to your regular email account (the one you received your interview invite at) or your Midwestern email? I'm an Illinois resident and I didn't receive it. I guess this is to be expected, but it still really sucks :(

When did you guys receive this email? Did it go to your regular email account (the one you received your interview invite at) or your Midwestern email? I'm an Illinois resident and I didn't receive it. I guess this is to be expected, but it still really sucks :(

on a similar note... did you receive this email once you already confirmed the acceptance and paid the deposit?

For those who already received interview invite....

My matriculation portal says: ''The matriculation agreement is available to accepted applicants.'' Does it mean that I am rejected????

Somebody plz help!!! This wait is killing me..:confused: