Midwestern CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yayyy congrats

Members don't see this ad.

Check your online account. Some decisions have been updated.
I'm in. :thumbup:

...after being waitlisted since November. :laugh:

Now I have three acceptances... I REALLY want to go here, but my parents are going to kill me when I want to turn down my Father's alma mater.

Members don't see this ad :)

Now I have three acceptances... I REALLY want to go here, but my parents are going to kill me when I want to turn down my Father's alma mater.
hey congrats once again

hey is anyone here currently a student at midwestern? if you dont mind me asking, could you tell me what you like about the school and what you dont like. would you recommend it to other people? could you private message me? thank you! :D

Congrats! What did it say on your online account when you were waitlisted??

I was also accepted after being placed on the alternate list in November.

alternate list.

=*( i'm so bummmmed out.

Did you get a letter or did you find out online?? When did you intveriew? I heard the alternate list goes on until september, the first week of fall instruction

I was also accepted today after being waitlisted. I declined my spot today, so good luck to the rest of you. I hope it goes to someone who really wants to attend!

I just found out that I was accepted today!!! I was waitlisted in Jan!!!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get a letter or did you find out online?? When did you intveriew? I heard the alternate list goes on until september, the first week of fall instruction

i just got the letter today. my interview was march 18.
does anyone know how they select from the waiting list? in the letter, it said that there is no ranking order. =/

Is it safe to say that anyone who interviewed and didn't get accepted is automatically put on the alternate list?

i just got the letter today. my interview was march 18.
does anyone know how they select from the waiting list? in the letter, it said that there is no ranking order. =/

all i know is that they constantly review the people who are on the waiting list. I had interviewed back in November and was just pulled off yesterday. They told us it wasn't ranked but I wouldn't be surprised if they had some kind of ranking system to try to make it fair.

waitlisted!! I got the letter today. So bummed. I heard from Kerry at the interview that they interview ~600 and accept ~400. That's a 2-1 ratio already for the avail seats. doesn't look good for us waitlisted candidates.

Soooooo, I had an interview with UIC last week, I don't know if i'm accepted, but between UIC and Midwestern, who do you guys think is the better school???? UIC is cheap and ranked high, but i get a sence that midwestern is better. What does everyone think.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Soooooo, I had an interview with UIC last week, I don't know if i'm accepted, but between UIC and Midwestern, who do you guys think is the better school???? UIC is cheap and ranked high, but i get a sence that midwestern is better. What does everyone think.
Good question! There are quite a few of us who have to make this decision. I'll share my subjective opinion. I think Midwestern would be a more enjoyable school to attend. Here's what it has going for it: better campus security, nicer environment, more attention to students (it has been said that UIC professors are overly focused on research), and a wide choice of elective courses. It seems like there are a fair number of student groups and ways to be active on campus, which leads me to the impression that there is a greater overall sense of community there.

Clearly UIC beats MWU hands down in cost of attendance, but you'll make a healthy salary from either school after graduating. Given that money is not the primary motivation for pursuing a health profession career, some people when given the choice between UIC and MWU actually prefer MWU despite its cost.

I found out tuesday I got into Midwestern and Iowa, I am from IL, but I have really enjoyed doing my undergrad at the University of Iowa. also it is a tad bit cheaper and smaller class size only 108ish, therefore a little more personable. That being said, I am 95% sure Iowa is going to be my choice! :)

... for those of you who were pulled from the alternate list... did you submit a letter of intent and alllllll that or did you just hope for the best???????

congrats to those who got accepted :claps: i got waitlisted and called the school today. a counselor told me that the adcoms would review all applicants on alternate lists when they meet--once a week? (i dont quite remember how often she told me) but if you do get pulled off the waitlist, they will give you a call as it is the quickest way to notify u. lets all hope for a phone call from them! :luck:

... for those of you who were pulled from the alternate list... did you submit a letter of intent and alllllll that or did you just hope for the best???????

I never submitted a letter of intent.

How big is this year's entering class? Somewhere around 200?

ooooooook thank you. :)

I would recommend submitting a letter of Intent. I did and I was picked off from the November wait list beginning of March.

There is no harm in sending one.

Good Luck !

What exactly is a letter of intent? Does one write this letter when placed on the alternate list or after being taken off the list?

What exactly is a letter of intent? Does one write this letter when placed on the alternate list or after being taken off the list?

I took it basically as telling them again what you've already told them before in your personal statement.... annnnnnnnd u write the letter when you've been placed on the alternate list in hopes that it will entice the adcom to pull u should a position become available....

UIC's acceptances went out yesterday...I foresee a lot of seats opening up at Midwestern...

It's really not a question of what school is better, but what school you felt most comfortable at. Not to take away from Midwestern, but I left my interview with a bad impression. It's all about your individual needs and preferences as a student.

I'll be declining my Midwestern acceptance to attend UIC. Good luck to those of you on the alternate list! :)

For anyone who's attending CCP, how many hours do you typically spend per day studying outside of classroom, and what is your impression about how the curriculum is structured?

For anyone who's attending CCP, how many hours do you typically spend per day studying outside of classroom, and what is your impression about how the curriculum is structured?

It varies by the person, but I would say you can spend on average 1-2 hours/day studying during the week if there is no exam. When you have exams you will definately be studying more often... Midwestern is on the quarter system which is really challenging and you have to keep up on your coursework to be successful. PM me if you have any additional questions! Good luck and hope to see you next year!! :)

Last edited:
I have a couple of questions (actually ideas that I got from other threads)

They gave us an average of about $400 per quarter for books. Would you say that is pretty accurate? Do you always buys all of the books? Can you find used books? Do many of the professors use power point for their notes? Any study tips/tricks/advice you can share would be well appreciated.

Someone brought up the idea of a dress codes which is something I never really thought about. Obviously I know to use common sense and not wear anything provocative or a t-shirt with obscenities or something - but are most people jeans/t-shirt or are they dressed a little more upscale like khakis/collared shirt? I know we are professional students, but jeez - I want to be comfortable too :p

Last edited:
To current MWU-CCP students, I have a couple of questions (actually ideas that I got from other threads)

They gave us an average of about $400 per quarter for books. Would you say that is pretty accurate? Do you always buys all of the books? Can you find used books? Do many of the professors use power point for their notes? Any study tips/tricks/advice you can share would be well appreciated.

Someone brought up the idea of a dress codes which is something I never really thought about. Obviously I know to use common sense and not wear anything provocative or a t-shirt with obscenities or something - but are most people jeans/t-shirt or are they dressed a little more upscale like khakis/collared shirt? I know we are professional students, but jeez - I want to be comfortable too :p
I've been with my friend who is a p1, and walked around her school and to and from class, it's basically like undergrad. She wears skinny jeans and flats. :thumbup:

For those who got into UIC or their top school already ,it would be nice and kind if you decline your Midwestern spot and let others who are in the waiting list getting pull off.

Last edited:
To current MWU-CCP students, I have a couple of questions (actually ideas that I got from other threads)

I think I have actually spent less on books this YEAR than I did for one semester in undergrad. Your first year you definately will not need to spend anywhere near that. Each department prints notes for their courses during that quater and that serves as the primary resourse for most of your classes. I think the most I paid for a set of notes was $30. I think the average I paid per quarter was between $50-$80. There are textbooks that go with each course, but you can get eveything you need from the notes and most of them are very well organized.
I think the only book that you really would need is pharmacy calculations becuase there are homework problems, but I shared with my friends and got by. You also might want to buy the textbook for Compounding Lab, but its not absolutely essential. They will tell you the same thing during orientation: to buy the notes and the textbooks are optional. I think that we may need books next year for therapeutics and law and things like that, but MWU is big on their notes and at least you get a break your first year!

As far as dress code. There isn't any that I know of. I have seen people in anything from a dressy to sweats and pjs. In compounding lab you will be required to dress professionally, but that is the only exception I am aware of. Sorry for the long-winded answer. I hope it helps and congrats on your acceptance!

I took the bite and I paid the $1000 using my already full credit card. I can't even tell you how much I owe... :(

I am going against my parents wishes and i'm going to try to convince them by the end of the summer that I belong here. Then there's the notion of trying to get some of my money back from Wayne State.... :xf:

I really want to get in Midwestern since i apply to UIC and didn't even get an interview there :-( :(

I got waitlisted at Midwestern CCP for a long time now and Midwestern is my last hope...I hope for those who got in UIC or their top school that you wanted already that you decide to decline your Midwestern spot soon

Quote-"Show your heart and others will show Back."

Last edited:
I haven't heard back at all from midwestern, no interview and no rejection yet. what is going on? I've called the office a few times and they're just like oh keep ur fingers crossed, what the hell is that suppose to mean? Aren't interviews over by now?

waitlisted!! I got the letter today. So bummed. I heard from Kerry at the interview that they interview ~600 and accept ~400. That's a 2-1 ratio already for the avail seats. doesn't look good for us waitlisted candidates.

I got waitlisted too...but why would they accept 400 if the class size is around 200?

I got waitlisted too...but why would they accept 400 if the class size is around 200?

I think because UIC sends out their acceptance letters after Midwestern does, so many of the students that are accepted to MWU also applied to UIC and will decline their seat once they get their acceptance to UIC. Therefore Midwestern is almost forced to accept a significant amount more than available seats to make up for this. Hang in there.. I heard that they take people off the waiting list all the way up to weeks before the Fall quarter starts.

I think because UIC sends out their acceptance letters after Midwestern does, so many of the students that are accepted to MWU also applied to UIC and will decline their seat once they get their acceptance to UIC. Therefore Midwestern is almost forced to accept a significant amount more than available seats to make up for this. Hang in there.. I heard that they take people off the waiting list all the way up to weeks before the Fall quarter starts.

I see, that makes some sense but accepting an additional 200 students seems more than enough. On pharmcas, it says they accept 250, and expected entry is 200... but maybe it's different this year. But if they accepted 400 students, then that means the 200 applicants not accepted are on the waitlist? Or do they also send out rejections? Anybody know?

folks, i declined my acceptance today and hope one of you will be taken off the waitlist. good luck.

Congrats on being accepted to Midwestern university, Glendale! I graduated from AZCOM with much success in 2007 and now am in residency. I am renting my beautiful remodeled home in Arrowhead Ranch, 5 minutes north of MWU in a wonderful neighborhood. The address is: 21914 N 66th Lane, Glendale, AZ

It has ~ 1800 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (master with huge tub and also walk-in shower), a huge formal living/library, and a great room with open updated kitchen with granite countertops (eat in bar), premium stainless steel appliances, dining and living room with gas fireplace, 2 car garage and a gated back yard with beautiful landscaping in a quiet and beautiful neighborhood. Good school district. Thunderbird mountain is walking distance. Lots of storage space.

Will lease for $1450/month and price is negotiable.

Feel free to contact me and I can email you pictures of the house and answer any questions about Midwestern U, medical school, residency or my house! if you email me I can send you my phone number.
This is for Midwestern, Downers Grove, IL. Try again.