Midwestern CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Depends on how you did in the interview.....you one thing about CCP is they just dont go by the GPA. I only had 3.24 cumulative and I got in because I kicked ass at the interview. If your pcat is bad and your interview didn't go well....then maybe not so good.

Man, wish i can redo my interview. It was not a good day for me so i could not be myself and perform well. But good job guys. What do you think of letter of intent? Will that actually make me look desperate and look down upon?

Members don't see this ad.

uh oh, if my interact didnt change yet and I interviewed feb, does that mean i am going to be waitlisted or rejected?

Last edited:
I interviewed 2/4 and I just got in :)

sigh* *raise up the white flag* no hope for me once i saw that 3.9 gpa. Been waiting to get pulled off the waitlist since my november interview. I dont think my 3.0 will even make the competition.

you have a better GPA than I did. I think i barely passed the minimum GPA req to apply

Members don't see this ad :)
sigh* *raise up the white flag* no hope for me once i saw that 3.9 gpa. Been waiting to get pulled off the waitlist since my november interview. I dont think my 3.0 will even make the competition.

hey Mike,

your GPA is actually better than mine. my cumulative was only a 2.91 and my science a 2.77. i felt pretty good about my interview, how was yours?

don't lose heart!

i am still on the waitlist/alternate...

i interviewed jan. 14th...i guess i have more waiting.

i wish i wish i did well on my interview. I had too much adrenaline that day because of the "excitement" that my hotel gave me. Well still crossing my fingers. hopefully ill see ya guys there in 2010 as a student. hopefully

Has anyone that got accepted looked at on campus housing yet? The nice dorms (redwoods) average out to like $850 a month. D.G. is an expensive place to live but that seems hella high for campus housing. Anyone that has put in for campus housing...let me know why you chose to live at the school and what housing you put in for. I'm think I'm going for the off campus roommates route myself, should be 500 to 600/month.

At first I felt like it was too expensive also.. but then I realized it's not that bad at all. I put Redwood 2 as my first choice with a shared bathroom. Not only does that include rent, but also all of your utilities (electricity, gas, water, cable, high speed internet, parking). Plus you get your OWN room and the best part of all... you're on campus, a couple-minute-walk away from classes. Also did I mention you'll save on gas money and car depreciation?

hey Mike,

your GPA is actually better than mine. my cumulative was only a 2.91 and my science a 2.77. i felt pretty good about my interview, how was yours?

don't lose heart!

Besides the fact that you did well on your interview, your PCAT score must be really high right? Congrats on your acceptance!

:):D:love: ACCEPTED!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!:p

COngrats!! great to hear, hope to see u guys there, im like 95% sure im goin CHicago, lol! i just finished my housing app a week ago. everythings finally coming together!

Anyone from the Jan 21st interview hear anything?

my friend had an interview on that date, he got a waitlist. check your webportal - online.midwestern.edu; thats how most ppl stay up to date the quickest. gL!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
At first I felt like it was too expensive also.. but then I realized it's not that bad at all. I put Redwood 2 as my first choice with a shared bathroom. Not only does that include rent, but also all of your utilities (electricity, gas, water, cable, high speed internet, parking). Plus you get your OWN room and the best part of all... you're on campus, a couple-minute-walk away from classes. Also did I mention you'll save on gas money and car depreciation?

Im hoping redwood for sure! i chose the apt w/ living space as 1st pick. if i dont get that, i put the 2-4 floor ones w/ shared bathroom. Either way ill be fine w/ what i get. Yah, housing is a bit expensive, but then again, we dont pay utilities which would be A BEAST if u lived off-campus.

If it says "We were unable to find your information" under Matriculation/Payment, does that imply that I am rejected? Would it say something different if I was wait-listed? I interviewed on 1/21...

no....it doesnt mean you are rejected or waitlisted. you will have to wait to get a letter in the mail stating your status.

Does anyone know if they change all of the status of the online matriculation stuff, as far as being accepted, at the same time?

Does anyone know if they change all of the status of the online matriculation stuff, as far as being accepted, at the same time?

yah, so when they have decided you are accepted, the 'matriculation' link will be available for access. if you are unable to access that link as aforementioned, that just means they have not made a decision on your status yet at the university. So you ONLY get access to the 'matriculation' link if you are granted access to the university. i checked that link almost everyday when i was waiting for mwu's decision, and u can use it to find out about your status before it comes in the mail.

ah i got accepted too!!!!?!??! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

anyone else get their acceptance letter recently!!! congrats to all those who have gotten in!

I have spoken to people who interviewed in February and have been accepted, so why is it that those who interviewed on 1/21 haven't heard back?

I interviewed on 1/21. Looking at this thread last week, I decided to check the online portal and it said I was admitted. I think a letter was recently sent to my house as well.

my friend had an interview on that date, he got a waitlist. check your webportal - online.midwestern.edu; thats how most ppl stay up to date the quickest. gL!!!

lol..i've been checking it everyday since the beginning of february. As another poster was saying mine also says "we are unable to find your information."

But as I see february interviewees getting their acceptance, I'm thinking that I'm either rejected or waitlisted. It's the waiting that's killing me.

Just assume that you're on the waitlist. That will make it easier for you to handle when the waitlist actually comes. That's what happened to me. Everyone got accepted and mine didn't change so i got waitlisted.

I will not be attending MWU whether I'm accepted or not, but the wait is pretty ridiculous.

I just got a letter in the mail...I've been waitlisted. :thumbdown:

=) well at least ur not even thinking about going.

post repeated for some reason, the next post is the intended one.

Last edited:
Just assume that you're on the waitlist. That will make it easier for you to handle when the waitlist actually comes. That's what happened to me. Everyone got accepted and mine didn't change so i got waitlisted.

got the letter this evening. Waitlisted as well. Its probably for the best anyway.:cool:

Just curious though, the letter mentioned that they don't rank their alternate list.
What does that mean?
How are the applicants chosen from the list then?

got the letter this evening. Waitlisted as well. Its

When mentioned that they don't rank their alternate list.
What does that mean?
How are the applicants chosen from the list then?

They have a ranking system but they just don't tell you where you are on it. I'm assuming they don't tell you because as people update their applications (new grades, LORs, etc.) then the rankings might change.

It seems to me that they waitlist more than half of the ppl that they interview! I dont understand why they would interview so many ppl then!

Anyways, my matriculation agreement hasnt changed so Im assuming I got waitlisted/rejected as well. I will know for sure when I get my letter in the mail. Im not really sweating it because Ive already been accepted somewhere but another acceptance would have been nice lol

It seems to me that they waitlist more than half of the ppl that they interview! I dont understand why they would interview so many ppl then!

Anyways, my matriculation agreement hasnt changed so Im assuming I got waitlisted/rejected as well. I will know for sure when I get my letter in the mail. Im not really sweating it because Ive already been accepted somewhere but another acceptance would have been nice lol

i think they put many people on the waitlist because UIC ends up taking i think it was 60% of their accepted students. Apparently every year they take a good chunk of the waitlist during the summer and accept them into the program... correct me if i'm wrong.

I also posted this in the Jefferson thread but I wanted to get feedback from you guys too..

between MWU-CCP and Jefferson, which school would you attend? I can't make a decision but I definitely have to submit a deposit by the end of this week.

Help?

Jefferson! =) because you're doing it to help us out.

i think they put many people on the waitlist because UIC ends up taking i think it was 60% of their accepted students. Apparently every year they take a good chunk of the waitlist during the summer and accept them into the program... correct me if i'm wrong.

I know the tuition is cheaper at UIC and realize that there are a lot of students that may prefer to be in the city if they are living on campus. Any other reasons out there?

Last edited:
I have been accepted to Midwestern CCP and have an interview with UIC --- anyone know the reasons why so many students choose to go to UIC over Midwestern?

I know the tuition is cheaper at UIC and realize that there are a lot of students that may prefer to be in the city if they are living on campus. Any other reasons out there?

I recently interviewed at Midwestern and also have an interview at UIC. If I had a choice I would definitely go to UIC simply due to the campus. When I think of Midwestern I think of a retirement community somewhere in Florida. It's really secluded and feels like it's disconnected with the outside world. Just my 2 cents.

Because UIC is one of the highest rated pharmacy schools in the country (top 15) and Midwestern is well . . . not!

Because UIC is one of the highest rated pharmacy schools in the country (top 15) and Midwestern is well . . . not!

You're right. I think UIC is actually in the top 10 now. I'm definitely going to UIC over Midwestern if I get accepted! Their pharmacy school has been around for 150 years and they've established quite a reputation. Its also in the city (unlike Midwestern which is actually in the suburbs), so there's a lot more to experience. I also heard that UIC was "harder," but that can mean different things to different people.

But anyway, I wish everyone good luck & that we end up going to our first choice schools. :)

If you're right, that's great news for the rest of us waitlistees.:)

Still can't get over all that snow in Chicago when I visited though. If i do get accepted, it will be a difficult four years. can't stand looking outside and seeing nothing but grey (wintertime).

For the people who got acceptance letters, mine read something about having to submit a copy of a pharm tech license. I've never worked as a pharm tech, so....they require all incoming students to have a license prior to matriculation?

If you're right, that's great news for the rest of us waitlistees.:)

Still can't get over all that snow in Chicago when I visited though. If i do get accepted, it will be a difficult four years. can't stand looking outside and seeing nothing but grey (wintertime).

i actually have a few friends who on the waitless a few years back and most of them go accepted that way too. so i wouldnt stress out just yet!

and about the snow... i'll be honest, living in the chicagoland area all my life, snow is just the worst thing ever, but i guess you kinda just get used to it. then again chicago is a really fun city. good luck to everyone!

For the people who got acceptance letters, mine read something about having to submit a copy of a pharm tech license. I've never worked as a pharm tech, so....they require all incoming students to have a license prior to matriculation?

All you have to do is apply. You don't have to take a test or anything like that; 40 dollar application fee. As far as I can tell it's just a way for the state to get more money out of you. Apply and in a week you'll have your Illinois pharmacy tech license.

For the tech license...............when i went to the website it said no information found and that i would have to send an application by mail. that is obviously going to take longer, so does before matriculation mean 2 weeks before classes start??? or does it mean before the day the deposit money is due???????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

For the tech license...............when i went to the website it said no information found and that i would have to send an application by mail. that is obviously going to take longer, so does before matriculation mean 2 weeks before classes start??? or does it mean before the day the deposit money is due???????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

relax you have time, it's before you actually start school. There's no way possible for you to receive a tech license in two weeks when the deposit is due. so dont stress, and just do the paper app and you'll be fine.

For anyone who has recently interviewed with Midwestern CCP have an idea about how full the class size is currently. Are the last interview dates in April?

For anyone who has recently interviewed with Midwestern CCP have an idea about how full the class size is currently. Are the last interview dates in April?
I interviewed on Feb 18th and they said that the class was about half full. The last interview dates are in April

The online website should work fine.....copy and paste this link
https://www.idfpr.com/applications/onlinelicensing/

then select Illinois Pharmacy Board and Pharmacy Tech and you should be good to get the application.