Midwestern CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The online website should work fine.....copy and paste this link
https://www.idfpr.com/applications/onlinelicensing/

then select Illinois Pharmacy Board and Pharmacy Tech and you should be good to get the application.

Yeah i have the paper application, just need to send it. I couldnt do an online application. After i answered the questions......you know if i have ever been conficted of a felony blah blah blah, then i entered my soc# and last name and first two letters of my first name........i got a message saying:
No matching Record's were found in our system
You currently cannot apply for this license through the online application process.
Please click the following button to Download the Manual Application Form.

Members don't see this ad.

Just a heads up....anyone who is going to CCP should start working on their immunizations. Its turning into a pain in the ass for me, as far as money is concerned. Probably gonna cost me about $500 altogether. Plus the Hep B vaccination is a three month shot series that takes 6 months to complete.

Just a heads up....anyone who is going to CCP should start working on their immunizations. Its turning into a pain in the ass for me, as far as money is concerned. Probably gonna cost me about $500 altogether. Plus the Hep B vaccination is a three month shot series that takes 6 months to complete.

I would guess that most people have already had their Hepatitis B Vaccinations. Most people are recommended to get these in the early years of high school, due to Hepatitis B being typically sexually transmitted.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would guess that most people have already had their Hepatitis B Vaccinations. Most people are recommended to get these in the early years of high school, due to Hepatitis B being typically sexually transmitted.

Yeah but it is so rare in the US who actually took the time to get it done? Unless its a mandatory thing in schools now...I graduated in '98 and no one was getting hep b shots.

If you dont mind me asking, how long did it take for u for them to invite u for an interview?? I submittined my spp app like begining this month, and still have not heard from them? do i still stand a chance of getting an interview???:confused::confused:

wow, ur pretty much at the bottom of the stack. Well unless ur stat kicks ass, there's a lot of people infront of you. hopefully they will get to ur application.

wow, ur pretty much at the bottom of the stack. Well unless ur stat kicks ass, there's a lot of people infront of you. hopefully they will get to ur application.
Well i guess i should just give up my hopes of hearing from them!???? :(

does anyone know when we have to complete all those financial aid forms (besides the fafsa) and immunizations by? thanks in advance!

Well i guess i should just give up my hopes of hearing from them!???? :(

I would definitely call them and make sure they did receive your supplemental. The same thing happened to my friend last year and they somehow lost her supp app, basically screwing her over for any chance at an interview.

If you dont mind me asking, how long did it take for u for them to invite u for an interview?? I submittined my spp app like begining this month, and still have not heard from them? do i still stand a chance of getting an interview???:confused::confused:

I submitted my supplemental around the 10th of Feb. and they invited me to an interview on the 16th of Feb (interviewed on 20th).

is it really possible to pay off $200k in loans in 10 years after graduating?

is it really possible to pay off $200k in loans in 10 years after graduating?

You would be paying 1,500 dollars a month for the Stafford loans (the max you can take out is around 130,000), and about 850 dollars a month for the grad + (assuming you can loan out the other 70,000 in grad plus) after graduation. So thats $2,350 per month for 10 years (120 payments). And thats also IF you pay the accumulating interest on the unsubsidized loans WHILE you are in school, otherwise that interest is added to the principal amount and your'e looking at even more. I've been crunching numbers on my loans for the last hour as you can tell.

you can lose your immunity too.. I was already vaccinated but my titers came up that I wasn't immune so I have to redo the vaccine

Members don't see this ad :)
You would be paying 1,500 dollars a month for the Stafford loans (the max you can take out is around 130,000), and about 850 dollars a month for the grad + (assuming you can loan out the other 70,000 in grad plus) after graduation. So thats $2,350 per month for 10 years (120 payments). And thats also IF you pay the accumulating interest on the unsubsidized loans WHILE you are in school, otherwise that interest is added to the principal amount and your'e looking at even more. I've been crunching numbers on my loans for the last hour as you can tell.

now that pharm schools become a reality, the NUMBERS aren't lookin pretty.

now that pharm schools become a reality, the NUMBERS aren't lookin pretty.

Yeah Im gonna try to get by on just the stafford loans...pay the interest while im in school....and then pay it off in the ten year plan. I look at pharmacy as a long term investment, as i'll be 40 before i really start to make money off of this thing. Makes me wish i went to a public school at 15000 grand a year, but kansas city is a 5 year school:thumbdown:

MIDWT is one of the most expensive school outhere. I think it is a ripoff.

its about the same as any private school, or out of state tuition at a public school. and really your opinion means **** to any of us that are going there.

I thought it was very expensive when they gave the financial aid presentation, but I compared it to tuition at other schools and it actually is comparable. It may be a thousand or two more in tuition than other schools but the amount isn't exorbitant. They are a non-profit university. It's expensive if you compare it to public school options, though, of course.

Maaaan if you think midwestern is expensive u need to check out the $$$ California Pharm schools (USC especially) is asking for. try 36,000 a damn year for just tuition! Im happy to pay midwesterns tuition!

Maaaan if you think midwestern is expensive u need to check out the $$$ California Pharm schools (USC especially) is asking for. try 36,000 a damn year for just tuition! Im happy to pay midwesterns tuition!

Yea, when I looked at Midwestern's tuition, I thought it wasn't bad at all compared to USC's tuition! It's probably even cheaper compared to out-of-state public schools.

Has anyone who interviewed on 2/18 heard anything yet?

Besides LECOM... what other private school has less than 28K a year tuition?

Who has specifics on where students actually go for their hands-on, clinical externship/rotation/clerkship (whatever you want to call it) experiences? I know there are many locations where one could go, but I'm interested in knowing some specific city names.

Downers Grove?
Naperville?
Downtown Chicago?

Where else? How much of pharmacy school is spent off-campus in the first three years? Presumably the fourth year is all off-campus if I understand correctly.

Who has specifics on where students actually go for their hands-on, clinical externship/rotation/clerkship (whatever you want to call it) experiences? I know there are many locations where one could go, but I'm interested in knowing some specific city names.

Downers Grove?
Naperville?
Downtown Chicago?

Where else? How much of pharmacy school is spent off-campus in the first three years? Presumably the fourth year is all off-campus if I understand correctly.

I think lots of people do a rotation at Loyola Medical Center in Maywood because it's only a couple miles from Midwestern. I used to work there, and there were people with Midwestern lab coats walking around all the time. I think your best bet at finding out this info would be to do a google search for teaching hospitals in the Chicagoland area. There's a ton, btw, but I doubt they'd force you to travel super far. For example, unless you commute from Joliet, I don't think you'd end up having to go that far out for a rotation.

Haha, is anyone else a slacker like me? I submitted my secondary app to ccp on the due date (3/2).

i didnt turn mine in until the 28th...so i was cutting it pretty close too....haha :D

Be ready to pay your debt more than 10 years. Even though I really like the school, but tuition is too expensive. However, if you have no choice, you have no choice.

Be ready to pay your debt more than 10 years. Even though I really like the school, but tuition is too expensive. However, if you have no choice, you have no choice.

we get it already... you don't have to keep posting it on every page. Isn't this like the 5th time you said that on this thread?

So I guess everyone who went to private school in California who pay 10K more than CCP (2 to 3 times the difference of NOVA and CCP) for tuition will have to pay off loans till they dead :rolleyes:

yea, midwestern is pretty cheap in the californian point of view. it's ONLY 28K =). californian schools are 35-36k average.

does anyone know when we have to complete all those financial aid forms (besides the fafsa) and immunizations by? thanks in advance!

i would say fin aid asap and immunizations by time of matriculation. as others said, if u don't have immunity already, then u may have to take immunization regimen in which case it could take a looong (months) time to get all up to date.

o btw; the TB test that MWU is making us take is ******ed. lol my doctor said they're 'nitwits.' A 2 SERIES tb test is req'd which u will probably have to do even though u know ur immune. laame

i would say fin aid asap and immunizations by time of matriculation. as others said, if u don't have immunity already, then u may have to take immunization regimen in which case it could take a looong (months) time to get all up to date.

o btw; the TB test that MWU is making us take is ******ed. lol my doctor said they're 'nitwits.' A 2 SERIES tb test is req'd which u will probably have to do even though u know ur immune. laame

i'm going through all the immunizations right now as well. haven't had a tb test or tet. since 92. ha ha! also, never had to do the hep b series. ugh! these things can get expensive!

i'm going through all the immunizations right now as well. haven't had a tb test or tet. since 92. ha ha! also, never had to do the hep b series. ugh! these things can get expensive!

not to mention the $270 for the titers!!!

hi,

does anyone else have an interview on 3/18/09?

hi,

does anyone else have an interview on 3/18/09?

YEAH!! me too! awesome. like I said above, I just submitted my application on Monday, so wow! That's exciting that they got back to me so quick.

YEAH!! me too! awesome. like I said above, I just submitted my application on Monday, so wow! That's exciting that they got back to me so quick.

likewise. I just got an invite for march 16th. good luck~

I received an invitation for interview today as well. Although I don't know if I will attend. I have been accepted to Belmont U and have already sent in my deposit. What to do?

Yippee!!!! INVITED!!! March 23 or March 24. SOOOO excited. Does anyone know what are the chances after you've been invited???:):banana:

hi did you guys get an email or phone call for the invite?

hi did you guys get an email or phone call for the invite?

Yeah, I got mine through email too

Yippee!!!! INVITED!!! March 23 or March 24. SOOOO excited. Does anyone know what are the chances after you've been invited???:):banana:

It says on the pharmcas website that last year Midwestern interviewed 500 for 250 spots. It's probably safe to assume it's the same thing this year.

Does midwestern reject anybody?

I've combed the thread and didn't see any rejection posts.

Is it that they place everyone who's not accepted on the waitlist?

It's just a two step TB test-- it's the same one I had to get when I got a job at a hospital. All the employees have to get a two step every five years and a one step every year..

So i know all of you going to CCP with inevitably deal with the high tuition price and living cost of the area. Are you guys taking out private loans? or what?? I'm actually considering an out-of-state school and will incur the same type of debt and I'm worrying that i wouldn't be able to afford it! Btw...does anyone know how easy it is to change residency to get in-state tuition (i'm talking about public universities)?

I just got an acceptance letter from Midwestern today and I read something that I wasn't aware of before.

Does Midwestern require you to be a pharmacy technician before you start the program? If that's the case, then I had no idea and I'm not sure how to go about getting a pharm tech license.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I just got an acceptance letter from Midwestern today and I read something that I wasn't aware of before.

Does Midwestern require you to be a pharmacy technician before you start the program? If that's the case, then I had no idea and I'm not sure how to go about getting a pharm tech license.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

You just have to apply...it costs 40 dollars. Its not like a ptcb test or anything. Search through the previous pages of this thread and i linked the website to go to.