Midwestern CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The campus is beautiful

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I didn't really notice that much security when I was there on the tour.. but maybe they were elsewhere. As far as the financial aid packet is concerned, I think those tables are broad estimates of what kind of debt to expect. I don't think they are meant to be exact figures, just to give students an idea.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know when the adcom is meeting for this month?

just curious =) thanks!!!

does anyone know when the adcom is meeting for this month?

just curious =) thanks!!!

I think that is the million dollar question for all of us who interviewed on 1/21...:)...I wish I knew the answer as well because if you are like me the waiting is pretty brutal

Has anyone decided to go to Midwestern next year? I have been accepted and am planning on attending. Or does anyone know of a good place to live off campus?

downtown Chicago? That would be a sweet place to live!

downtown Chicago? That would be a sweet place to live!
Too far of a commute. There is a good chance I'm going to accept too, but I'm still not sure of where I want to live. Downer's Grove seems like a nice area (I was only there one night), maybe expensive though.

yeah I don't want to have a very far commute so I'll probably stick with Downers grove. I am not looking forward to finding a place to live!

Too far of a commute. There is a good chance I'm going to accept too, but I'm still not sure of where I want to live. Downer's Grove seems like a nice area (I was only there one night), maybe expensive though.

You're right.. Downers Grove is a really nice area so rent could get a little pricey

Has anyone been taken off the waiting list yet? I know they pulled a couple of people in December, but has anyone been taken off since then?

Are none of you considering living on campus? It's the cheapest option and a short walk to class every day.. That's what I'm doing anyways. I already sent in my housing application.

I would, but my boyfriend is coming with me so that doesn't work out so well. You're going to midwestern then, maggols? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh I see.. yea that could be a problem living on campus haha. I think you can still apply for the on-campus apartments where you can live with your boyfriend.. if I'm not mistaken.. Otherwise, yeah the surrounding area is quite pricey so you may want to consider living in Chicago and commuting. Yep I decided to go to Midwestern. I already paid my deposit and am ready to go!

Oh awesome! Then I will see you there!! The dorms that I saw during my interview looked really nice, I think they were the redwood ones? Whichever ones are newer. Did you interview December 17th? Maybe you were in my group..

Yea I put Redwood as my first choice because I heard they were the nicest. I didn't get to see any of the dorms because of the weather when I was there on my tour. I interviewed on 1/7.. a bit after you. Only thing I'm worried about is getting all my stuff out there from California, especially my car lol. Guess I'm in for a really long drive..

Oh well I saw the dorms and they were really nice. The room I saw was a pretty decent size and the bathroom was shared with the person next door and it was also nice. It made me want to live on campus. haha have fun on that drive.. if you have to do it alone you should get a book (or two!) on cd- I go to school 5 hours from my house and it makes the drive seem like 2!

Midwestern is in the expensive part of Downers Grove...the good news is that there are other towns around that area where the housing is a little cheaper (Woodridge, Bolingbrook, etc.) that are only 10-15 min from the school. Are you guys for sure gonna be at Midwestern next year? I am still waiting on one other school (UIC), otherwise I will be there too :D

Midwestern is in the expensive part of Downers Grove...the good news is that there are other towns around that area where the housing is a little cheaper (Woodridge, Bolingbrook, etc.) that are only 10-15 min from the school. Are you guys for sure gonna be at Midwestern next year? I am still waiting on one other school (UIC), otherwise I will be there too :D

I got one more interview at the university of tennessee. I put my deposit down for ccp, but if UT blows me away and I get accepted I might take the hit on the deposit. otherwise I'll be seeing yall in the fall.

I got one more interview at the university of tennessee. I put my deposit down for ccp, but if UT blows me away and I get accepted I might take the hit on the deposit. otherwise I'll be seeing yall in the fall.

I had a couple of interviews after my acceptances, but I turned them down... there was no way I was going to go on any more interviews. Spent a ton of cash on them.. I'm just glad to know where I'm going next year.

I had a couple of interviews after my acceptances, but I turned them down... there was no way I was going to go on any more interviews. Spent a ton of cash on them.. I'm just glad to know where I'm going next year.

Same here... I applied to 11 schools and got 10 interview offers. I only went to two. Got in one and waiting to hear from the other. I spent a ton of money on this whole thing. I wish I could come to other interviews to see what those schools have to offer, but I'm POOOOOOR!! :laugh:

Yeah....midwestern's interview was so laid back too. I interviewed on 1/7 too and couldn't have been happier with the group interview and my two interviewers. So we'll see how a more formal interview works out for me. I was confident at CCP and now that the pressures off my next one should be a piece of cake.

I'm definitely going to be there.. I liked it the best out of the ones I applied to :D So maybe I'll see you there (hopefully not since you're wanting to go to UIC-- good luck!!!) Midwestern actually wasn't very far on the top of my list, but once I went there I loooved it

Is it too late to send in supplemental for CCP? I am an international student. I have been waiting b/c my pcat on first trial was really bad and i was worried that if i send my supplemental and COMPLETE the application they would reject me right away by looking at my pcat score...so i am waiting for jan pcat score and have not submitted supplemental.

Is it too late to send in supplemental for CCP? I am an international student. I have been waiting b/c my pcat on first trial was really bad and i was worried that if i send my supplemental and COMPLETE the application they would reject me right away by looking at my pcat score...so i am waiting for jan pcat score and have not submitted supplemental.

No it's not, the last day is March 2nd. the info is here.. http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schoolMidwestChicagopage.htm

in reality it is because their seats are almost filled up.

yeah they keep interviewing and accepting for quite a while

well at the same time, there is a long line of people who did not get interviewed yet and have turned in their paper a long time ago. But if your application is great, then give it s shot. If money is not a problem for you, then i would go for it so i wont have any regrets later on.

I hope they pull more people off the alternate list during this next committee review. =)

In general I hope they pull a lot of people off the alternate. =)

:xf:

yea i know. Im just wondering how strong are the applicants in the alt list. cross fingers. :xf:

MikeNB: r u on the alternate?

Well i was thinking, that even if we are not pulled off the waitlist this month...once UIC sends out acceptances, then more ppl from CCP will be pulled of the alternate

yea i am. I interviewed on Nov 19th. This is getting depressing. Im trying to determine my next course of action now. Post bac or masters. Im just hoping that they will pull me off before i have to make the decision.

Well, I am a second time applicant, so I know how you feel.

Either way, since you dont know what your situation is, I say look for other options too. (Not to be negative here). Last year, I didnt think of other options (but I got a job and finished some pre-reqs for other schools).

If you can afford applying to one or two masters programs or get a degree, then keep your options open. Its better to be safe. And say you get into the pharmacy program, then hey, you are in. And say if you dont (hoping that it wont be the situation) then atleast you have your other options.

one thing i learned after re-applying...is always keep your options open. and then if it doesnt work out this year, apply next year. atleast you are doing something during the upcoming year that would be meaningful to you =)

good luck (i hope what i said above makes sense)

yea but im going into a master program to increase my chance for pharm school. What i dont want to happen is that they will not accept me because they want me to finish my master first. masters ~2 years. If midwestern cares a lot about GPA, then there's no hope for me. If they care about who I am as an applicant, maybe i will have a chance.

MikeNB: r u on the alternate?

Well i was thinking, that even if we are not pulled off the waitlist this month...once UIC sends out acceptances, then more ppl from CCP will be pulled of the alternate

Yea, over one month left! I read somewhere (probably PharmCAS) that UIC people will get interviewed late March (during their spring break), so acceptances will come in April probably. Hopefully I will get my best birthday wish granted!

MikeNB, from what I have seen on this forum, many interviewees placed on the alternate list have good statistics (GPA/PCAT). It might not be 3.8 GPA and 90+ PCAT, but a 3.3-3.5 GPA and a 75-80 PCAT is considered to be competitive. If you did exceptional at the interview it may compensate for a lower PCAT score or GPA. I remember 5minutes was placed on the alternate list with competitive statistics and was accepted in December.

for those of you waitlisted- i'm on the same boat as you. I interviewed on December 17th. i know a couple of friends in the past who got in from the alternate list-but how do they select certain people from the list? do they just randomly pick?

they have the waiting list ranked and they pull from the top in order

in reality it is because their seats are almost filled up.

How do you know if their seats are almost filled up? Even if you do know this, I bet a significant amount of the seats (probably anywhere from 10-20%, which could mean 20-40 seats) are people who paid the deposit but will eventually go elsewhere once they hear back from non-rolling admission schools. So for all you waitlisted people out there, don't give up hope yet.

yea i know what you mean. Im still keeping hope...low hope. But i was just address the question of the international student applying right now. I think it's too late since it's almost at the end of the cycle. But still, i encourage him to go for it if he can afford it.

Hmm...at my interview they told us that if we were waitlisted, not to call and ask where we were on the list because it was NOT ranked and they just pulled off of it randomly.

that's what they say, that doesn't mean that's what they're doing. I think the only reason why they say that is so you wont call them constantly. If a school want the best students, why would they pull randomly. There must be some kind of ranking. Maybe not a perfect 1-# ranking but they must separate their competitive student from their normal and poor.

Hmm...at my interview they told us that if we were waitlisted, not to call and ask where we were on the list because it was NOT ranked and they just pulled off of it randomly.

Really? I could have sworn they said that it was ordered and they would tell you where you were on the list if you called them.. Maybe they said that at my Bulter interview.. sorry

ok i know for a fact they would not tell you your ranking because i tried calling for that info =).

This is probably the most correct out of all the responses on this page. I was told this after the financial aid talk.

i thought they said that they will review all those on the alternate list and the list is NOT ranked.

i will check my letter I received and will get back on this thread =)

This is probably the most correct out of all the responses on this page. I was told this after the financial aid talk.

I distinctly remember the admission counselor at my interview say that the alternate list was not ranked. Interviewees who have received the official letter from Midwestern CCP placing them on the alternate list will tell you that the letter says alternate list applicants are not ranked. Even if it is ranked, I doubt the Office of Admissions wants a wave of phone calls from anxious applicants seeing as that 500 people are interviewed and 250 are accepted according to PharmCAS.

^ I agree with the post from GT500. my letter says that the alternate list is not ranked.

i believe that every time the adcom meets, they will look at the applications that are placed on the alternate and review them again. That is why people from the earlier interviews have been pulled off.

Did anyone get pulled off from the waitlist !!