Michigan State c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
SERIOUSLY MICHIGAN?!?!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Am I making this up (very well could be wishful thinking) or hadn’t they said mid February?

Reactions: 1 users
SERIOUSLY MICHIGAN?!?!
we have to wait till march now??! the waiting period is killing me
to be fair, they did say "by the end of February" earlier, and "within the next month" doesn't mean "one month from now." I think we all just collectively got our hopes up about it being this week 😅
but yeah the waiting is just destroying me. I've been waiting for so long and another couple weeks is comparatively short but the stakes are higher now!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Am I making this up (very well could be wishful thinking) or hadn’t they said mid February?
I think a lot of people were hoping it'd be this week because they went out on the 10th last year

Reactions: 3 users
I think a lot of people were hoping it'd be this week because they went out on the 10th last year
I was Betting this week or next based on that - as much as I was hoping this week, I was thinking more next Because of the late application due daye

I got the email and almost had an entire heart attack

Interesting stats though:

MSU Application Data for VMCAS 2021-22

Total number of verified applicants: 2,173

Out-of-state verified applicants: 1,757

Out-of-state applicants in consideration after file review: 370 (applicants will either receive an offer or be placed on the waitlist)

The approximate number of seats for out-of-state applicants: 55

Omg seriously. Just assisted in a euthanasia at work so definitely my emotions are on a thin string 😑

Is there anyone on here that if accepted, are planning to reject there seat for another offer?

Reactions: 1 user
Is there anyone on here that if accepted, are planning to reject there seat for another offer?
Personally, this is probably my #2 ranked school. If I get accepted to my #1 school, I’ll definitely choose that over MSU, but currently my only acceptance is at Ross and anything in the states is gonna get me over Ross. I also noticed it seems like their waitlist moves pretty good.

Personally, this is probably my #2 ranked school. If I get accepted to my #1 school, I’ll definitely choose that over MSU, but currently my only acceptance is at Ross and anything in the states is gonna get me over Ross. I also noticed it seems like their waitlist moves pretty good.
In the student panel, I think, one said their friend was in the middle of waitlist and didn’t think she’s get it, but she did

In the student panel, I think, one said their friend was in the middle of waitlist and didn’t think she’s get it, but she did
Yeah, if you look at the stats from last cycle, i think maybe 50-55(I did the math earlier so I may be slightly off) we’re waitlisted and not eventually accepted if that makes sense??

Members don't see this ad :)
alright any current students lurking here - how long after sending out the reception summaries did you get acceptance and waitlist decisions??
I think they changed how they send out acceptances/waitlist. For my year, In-state applicants heard around mid-end January, and out of state applicants heard later. Last year, they sent out acceptances/waitlist for in-state and out of state at the same time early-mid February. Hopefully you guys hear soon! The anticipation during the waiting period is awful 😆

Edit to add: I was initially waitlisted, but was pulled off before the April 15th deadline as an in-state applicant. I felt like the waitlist movement happened pretty quickly!

• Care
For those OOS, I have a friend in my class who was ~150 on the OOS waitlist and was accepted. It happened a bit last minute, but the OOS waitlist moves A LOT faster and farther than IS. I think IS moved roughly to 10 last year, maybe a lil further.

• Love
For those OOS, I have a friend in my class who was ~150 on the OOS waitlist and was accepted. It happened a bit last minute, but the OOS waitlist moves A LOT faster and farther than IS. I think IS moved roughly to 10 last year, maybe a lil further.
Oooo that’s encouraging!

Do they usually send stuff at a certain time of the day?

Are we thinking they’ll send out decisions soon or in March?

Im hoping they told us within the next month but will do it sooner, that’s what my mom said, so I’m hoping she’s right 😂

We could hear anytime between now and March 10th. So, we just gotta be patient 🥲 I’m sure if someone hears from them, it’ll be posted on here and the FB page.

• Wow
We could hear anytime between now and March 10th. So, we just gotta be patient 🥲 I’m sure if someone hears from them, it’ll be posted on here and the FB page.
Oh no. Why are we thinking out to March 10th? I thought I saw someone mention February 25th as the latest.

Oh no. Why are we thinking out to March 10th? I thought I saw someone mention February 25th as the latest.
I think because the emails with the summaries for the virtual receptions came out February 10 and it said something like “decisions within the month” but I think the February 25 may have been said by someone who emailed them and asked

They’re getting current DVM students involved in something for the applicants who receive an offer for a seat in the Class of 2026 that will take place during the week of March 21st. What that entails— we’re not fully sure.

They’re getting current DVM students involved in something for the applicants who receive an offer for a seat in the Class of 2026 that will take place during the week of March 21st. What that entails— we’re not fully sure.
But people could be accepted before that week happens?

But people could be accepted before that week happens?
I think we’ll know before March 21 because even the last email said within the month and that would be like a month and a half from that email

The survey is called "student offer call volunteers" so sounds like decisions to me, but then again my class got emails not phone calls so no idea

The survey is called "student offer call volunteers" so sounds like decisions to me, but then again my class got emails not phone calls so no idea

I see that now in the email heading. I’m a bit confused as well, since that seems late for admissions offers, but I guess we’ll see. My class also got emails not phone calls— but they do change things every year.

I see that now in the email heading. I’m a bit confused as well, since that seems late for admissions offers, but I guess we’ll see. My class also got emails not phone calls— but they do change things every year.
Interesting. Isn't the deadline to accept the offer of admissions in mid-April? That only gives students with multiple offers a few weeks to decide. And I wonder why an extra month or so of decision making would be necessary compared to last year considering both years had similar circumstances with COVID, CASPer, etc. Hoping we here back this week. Another month would be rough.

Reactions: 2 users
Before the last email was sent out they said mid-Feb. I’m thinking/hoping they said within the next month just in case it got delayed

Interesting. Isn't the deadline to accept the offer of admissions in mid-April? That only gives students with multiple offers a few weeks to decide. And I wonder why an extra month or so of decision making would be necessary compared to last year considering both years had similar circumstances with COVID, CASPer, etc. Hoping we here back this week. Another month would be rough.

I hope you guys hear sooner as well. It does seem a bit last minute for decisions. I assumed the calls would be something kind of like the current DVM students calling to check in on those already offered admissions and see how their decision making is going— like not a pushy way, but see if there’s any last minute questions or clarifications that current students may be able to help with so you guys can make the best informed decision foe yourselves.

Reactions: 4 users
Perhaps it’s more of a post-offer call. For applicants to talk directly to vet students to hear more about their experiences and help them decide. It seems too far out otherwise. I bet it’s part of their reach out program to help inform students.

Reactions: 2 users
I agree ^^ I feel if they wait that long they may lose some of the people that they accept, it’d be great for those on the waitlist, since people may just want to make a decision if it’s that late at some point.

It does kind of sound like decisions, but I can also see that being something where current students call those who are accepted to tell them more about the school/answer questions. I would be very frustrated if they didn't release decisions until March 21, because they said it would be in February in the info sessions. Them being late and not getting to us until the first few days of March I can understand, but not three weeks in.

Full disclosure: I have no idea when offers will be sent out to the incoming class. Current students are in the same boat as those waiting to hear;)

However, last year my class also received a similar email regarding calling applicants after they received admission to the class of 2025 to see if they had any questions current students would be best to answer. I think this is a new program they are trying to implement to make sure applicants/future students have an opportunity to ask any questions that can aid them in their decision. (I love this idea, and the opportunity to have current students welcome the incoming class)

Personally, it seems odd that acceptances would go out that late in March, especially considering the national acceptance deadline is April 15th. It is important to note how the emails have gone out over the past few years has changed. Emails use to be sent in waves (in-state heard first, then out-of-state about a month later), and last year they sent out an email to all applicants together in February. In my knowledge, MSU historically has not sent out acceptances that late, but again, things are always changing, so its anyone's best guess as to when y'all will hear. I would stick to what you have been told directly from the admissions office via the webinars. Hopefully that means within the next 2 weeks decisions will be released🤞

The phone calls must be for offered applicants who have yet to accept their seat by that point because I did not recieve a phone call last year— but I also accepted my seat literally the day after my acceptance 😅

I also swear I have a vague memory of schools needing to let us know by March 15 if we’re accepted/waitlisted/denied but maybe that was a specific school’s date. I can’t keep everything straight

I also swear I have a vague memory of schools needing to let us know by March 15 if we’re accepted/waitlisted/denied but maybe that was a specific school’s date. I can’t keep everything straight
All school’s have to let applicants know by April 15th! That’s the universal deadline.

All school’s have to let applicants know by April 15th! That’s the universal deadline.
I thought that was our day to decide?

91A2786D-D073-4446-BCC4-31ABA57FB471.jpeg

Ignore the “no enrollment deposit required” that’s from a random school when I searched it 😂

I know at least one school I applied to said that they will let us know April 1st (yikes), so unfortunately Im not sure schools need to let us know by March 15.
I hope we know our decisions soon!!