Colorado State c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my heart beating for a second there! Thought it was decision emails...haha
Same. My intestines jumped into my mouth

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know when decisions should be out for OOS applicants?

does anyone know when decisions should be out for OOS applicants?
I believe all OOS and IS find out at the same time -early/mid January (hopeful for early January 🤞)

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we need to send in our fall transcripts to CSU?
I believe the portal says that only those offered admission or the waitlist need to send fall transcripts.

Just to add on, CSU is actually requesting that you do NOT send any fall transcripts at all (some people do to increase their chances of getting into school if they do well in the fall semester). Found this info on the portal.

Just curious as I am comparing to last cycle’s timeline… Does anyone have provreqmt as a checklist item on their portal yet?

Just curious as I am comparing to last cycle’s timeline… Does anyone have provreqmt as a checklist item on their portal yet?
Mine does not say that yet...does anyone know what that means?

I started stalking last year's thread when you mentioned this and was wondering if anyone on that thread ever stated if there was a connection between having provreqmt as a checklist item and getting offered a position or an alternate position. Either way, I don't have it as a checklist item but also wouldn't be surprised if it's not up yet since this entire cycle seems to be following the 2-week delay due to the extension for the apps.

I started stalking last year's thread when you mentioned this and was wondering if anyone on that thread ever stated if there was a connection between having provreqmt as a checklist item and getting offered a position or an alternate position.
Did you find any correlation?

To preface, this is all from observations made last cycle.

Those who posted they had provreqmt were either accepted or alternates. They did not necessarily have any in progress courses or discernible common qualities. My line of thinking goes like this— It’s less likely people will post rejections vs posting offers so we are unable to rule out if provreqmt guarantees an offer as someone may have opted to not volunteer their rejection.

This is not to say you need a provreqmt on your portal to receive an offer. Others posted acceptances/alternates without receiving a provreqmt.

So, basically, I think it is one sign that indicates an offer but we cannot be sure. I was just curious because people posted the monday after christmas last cycle!

Did you submit a course substitution request form? If so, could be that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was looking at the portal and it says that if you are offered admissions or as an alternate AND you have courses that you are taking in the fall 2021 or spring 2022 then you will be required to upload transcripts to the portal. So my best guess is that having that checklist item is a good sign for you.

Is January on Saturday, then in 4 weeks all of our questions will be answered, relax and enjoy what's left of the holidays !!

Reactions: 1 user
I was looking at the portal and it says that if you are offered admissions or as an alternate AND you have courses that you are taking in the fall 2021 or spring 2022 then you will be required to upload transcripts to the portal. So my best guess is that having that checklist item is a good sign for you.
I'm thinking along the same lines as well. People also noted that even though they had completed all pre-reqs, they still got the provreqmt on their portal. But it sounds like so far no one has had any updates to their portal and I'm guessing that's because today was the first business day back at work or there may be a slight delay in this due to the 2-week extension.

Do you think they’ll send out emails January 3rd? Hasn’t it been the first business day after the new year in years past?

Keep in mind that with the Omicron surge things could be delayed..., That said is very linky that the rank and decision were made before Christmas and the 2 weeks are just for admin stuff and waitlist ranking, etc.

Reactions: 2 users
In the dashboard it says decisions are planned for release mid-January. Maybe January 15th? Last school I'm waiting to hear from, rejections everywhere else, and the longest shot for me so I'm ready for them to just put me out of my misery this cycle :(

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
In the dashboard it says decisions are planned for release mid-January. Maybe January 15th? Last school I'm waiting to hear from, rejections everywhere else, and the longest shot for me so I'm ready for them to just put me out of my misery this cycle :(
How many schools did you apply to/where did you apply?

I really hope you get in. This process is so incredibly difficult and I'm pulling for you :)

Good luck!! I know this process is super tough, especially mentally. Hoping that you get in!!! But if not, just know that admissions only get to see a paper-version of you and rarely get to see the full you (I know this sounds cheesy, but it's true!).

Oh no, hold hope! If you need someone to talk to, send me a message! It’s taken me 3 cycles to get in somewhere!!

Can I ask where you got in? And what you did to improve each cycle or do you think it was luck?
I’ve been accepted to Ross and St George (St. George is an acceptance to their foundations to get program but Ross is directly to the DVM program.) In all honesty, I know people say submitting your application early doesn’t matter which I agree for schools in the states, but keep in mind Caribbean schools do rolling interviews and admissions, I actually had my St George Interview invite at the end of august, interviewed early September, and accepted 9/23 while my Ross interview invite came a few days after my St George interview and my Ross interview was the same day I got accepted to St George. If you’re thinking on Caribbean schools, I would suggest submit early if you can, don’t rush to submit though. Because having these acceptances helps take some stress off in other interviews (I’ve had 1 other interview since these two and an invite to MSU’s virtual reception.)

When i first applied i had probably slightly over 1,000 hours of shadowing in a clinic over two summers as well as general work experience such as fast food and retail. Also make sure to include ALL extracurriculars. Don’t hold back on those. As for improving my application, I think all things help add to it, even working retail because you get people/communication skills and time management and possible leadership skills and more. For context, my first cycle was applying for fall 2021, so by the time final decisions were being released COVID was going wild, so I didn’t necessarily have much change in my application but I had some. I added zoo keeper experience (I worked at the zoo the summer before doing pony rides and once they were able to open that summer with COVID I was moved to a keeper position). I also had a few MBA classes (is previously planned on doing a combined DVM-MBA but another COVID influence I didn’t know what to do with my work being closed so I started an online MBA) at the time of the application I had 2 MBA classes completed and 3 more in progress. I made it to a waitlist during my second cycle but didn’t have much confidence in getting off it, so I registered for a few science courses online, I retook a cell biology while taking a medical terminology and anatomy & physiology 1&2 for the first time. I also had a total of 10 MBA classes completed at this time with 2 left that I finished during this most recent fall semester. These classes helped me boost my cumulative GPA, science GPA, prerequisites GPAs, and last 45 GPA. At this point, I also had more zoo keeper hours (over 1,000 hours) and I started a vet assistant job in January so at the time of submitting my application I had over 1,200 hours of experience at that clinic with an average of 35 hours additional per week. I also took time this cycle to ask a friend to edit my essays for me to make sure they were better and more personal rather than just wrote to be done.

Feel free to ask me anything else whether I’m here or in a message and this invitation goes out to anyone!!! Hope I didn’t annoy anyone with how long this is!

I’ve been accepted to Ross and St George (St. George is an acceptance to their foundations to get program but Ross is directly to the DVM program.) In all honesty, I know people say submitting your application early doesn’t matter which I agree for schools in the states, but keep in mind Caribbean schools do rolling interviews and admissions, I actually had my St George Interview invite at the end of august, interviewed early September, and accepted 9/23 while my Ross interview invite came a few days after my St George interview and my Ross interview was the same day I got accepted to St George. If you’re thinking on Caribbean schools, I would suggest submit early if you can, don’t rush to submit though. Because having these acceptances helps take some stress off in other interviews (I’ve had 1 other interview since these two and an invite to MSU’s virtual reception.)

When i first applied i had probably slightly over 1,000 hours of shadowing in a clinic over two summers as well as general work experience such as fast food and retail. Also make sure to include ALL extracurriculars. Don’t hold back on those. As for improving my application, I think all things help add to it, even working retail because you get people/communication skills and time management and possible leadership skills and more. For context, my first cycle was applying for fall 2021, so by the time final decisions were being released COVID was going wild, so I didn’t necessarily have much change in my application but I had some. I added zoo keeper experience (I worked at the zoo the summer before doing pony rides and once they were able to open that summer with COVID I was moved to a keeper position). I also had a few MBA classes (is previously planned on doing a combined DVM-MBA but another COVID influence I didn’t know what to do with my work being closed so I started an online MBA) at the time of the application I had 2 MBA classes completed and 3 more in progress. I made it to a waitlist during my second cycle but didn’t have much confidence in getting off it, so I registered for a few science courses online, I retook a cell biology while taking a medical terminology and anatomy & physiology 1&2 for the first time. I also had a total of 10 MBA classes completed at this time with 2 left that I finished during this most recent fall semester. These classes helped me boost my cumulative GPA, science GPA, prerequisites GPAs, and last 45 GPA. At this point, I also had more zoo keeper hours (over 1,000 hours) and I started a vet assistant job in January so at the time of submitting my application I had over 1,200 hours of experience at that clinic with an average of 35 hours additional per week. I also took time this cycle to ask a friend to edit my essays for me to make sure they were better and more personal rather than just wrote to be done.

Feel free to ask me anything else whether I’m here or in a message and this invitation goes out to anyone!!! Hope I didn’t annoy anyone with how long this is!
Just wanted to pop on to say I admire how you kept going and didn’t give up and now you’re into a program! I always heard about having to possibly apply 2-3 times and honestly I just didn’t think I could do that. Congratulations future doctor!

Just wanted to pop on to say I admire how you kept going and didn’t give up and now you’re into a program! I always heard about having to possibly apply 2-3 times and honestly I just didn’t think I could do that. Congratulations future doctor!
I will say the pressure of it being the third time got to me and that’s the main reason I applied to the Caribbean schools, I figured I could at least get in through their prep programs and it’s honestly a blessing to have those acceptances because knowing you have that “fall back” seat helps take some nerves away for interviews well maybe not all when I interviewed with my top choice school but those are special nerves

• Care
I will say the pressure of it being the third time got to me and that’s the main reason I applied to the Caribbean schools, I figured I could at least get in through their prep programs and it’s honestly a blessing to have those acceptances because knowing you have that “fall back” seat helps take some nerves away for interviews well maybe not all when I interviewed with my top choice school but those are special nerves
I am in the exact same position. Third round applying to my inter-provincial school but first applying internationally. Just received my invite to interview to ross yesterday and I have an interview with Dublin in a few weeks. Seriously hoping to get into my provincial school because I don't want my DVM to cost as much as a mortgage but at this point I know that I will only be happy as a DVM and I'm willing to do anything to get there. Sending love and good vibes for your other interviews you are waiting to hear back from!

I am in the exact same position. Third round applying to my inter-provincial school but first applying internationally. Just received my invite to interview to ross yesterday and I have an interview with Dublin in a few weeks. Seriously hoping to get into my provincial school because I don't want my DVM to cost as much as a mortgage but at this point I know that I will only be happy as a DVM and I'm willing to do anything to get there. Sending love and good vibes for your other interviews you are waiting to hear back from!
I’m stressing over it. I’d prefer a state-side school so I can drive there with my fur babies, but I swallowed that and did apply to those two schools and now I’m stressing hoping for something to come. I thought about applying to Dublin! But I think I needed microbiology lab and didn’t take that 😞

Oh you’re right, do we have any idea on when Colorado sends acceptances?
If some of us find provreqmt on their portal, I assume it will be a sign that shows they are going to release outcomes.

I haven't seen anything updated on my portal yet BUT it is also that weird week in between Christmas and New Year's, and as my lab mates and I have concluded, not much really gets done during this week just because it's such an awkward time and lots of people are taking a week of vacation to spend this time with family. I am also now thinking that there may be a possibility that admission decisions may be released 1/15 or even later due to the two huge fires going on in Colorado. While it isn't where CSU is, it could have a huge impact on members of the admissions committee. Also, if anyone on this thread is from CO, I hope that you and your loved ones are safe!!

• Care
I’m stressing over it. I’d prefer a state-side school so I can drive there with my fur babies, but I swallowed that and did apply to those two schools and now I’m stressing hoping for something to come. I thought about applying to Dublin! But I think I needed microbiology lab and didn’t take that 😞
I'm also curious to hear what your plan is with your fur babies if choose to go to a school in the Caribbean. This is my first application cycle, but I'm kinda in the same boat as you where I'm hoping to stay in the States due to my 2 dogs.

I'm also curious to hear what your plan is with your fur babies if choose to go to a school in the Caribbean. This is my first application cycle, but I'm kinda in the same boat as you where I'm hoping to stay in the States due to my 2 dogs.
It’s possible to take pets to St Kitts but it can be a difficult process for larger animals/in general. Certain airlines allow pets in cargo but have crate size restrictions. On top of this, some dogs are too big to fit in the smaller sizes allowed. Ross makes it seem like it’s as easy as buying a ticket for your pet but there are a lot of potential complications on top of a pet quarantine upon arrival. I looked into it myself and read up on past threads as I have an interview with Ross next month. Bit of a headache but something that needs to be figured out in advance with careful planning!

STRESS. I have a husky and 2 cats. I’m horrendously stressed about my dog because airline horror stories terrify me to the point I may just leave him with my parents for another 4 years well 3.5 or until I come up to the states to do my clinic year 😭😭 As for my cats, well the first semester you have to live in campus living (can apply for an exemption if you want) and can only have 1 animal in the room (my dog is also too big for that) My one cat is also very high stress and I don’t know if she’s survive a plane flight. Im also at this point going with Ross over SGU because of how the acceptances are, if SGU would have been directly into the dvm I would have preferred there for their global veterinary health track

STRESS. I have a husky and 2 cats. I’m horrendously stressed about my dog because airline horror stories terrify me to the point I may just leave him with my parents for another 4 years well 3.5 or until I come up to the states to do my clinic year 😭😭 As for my cats, well the first semester you have to live in campus living (can apply for an exemption if you want) and can only have 1 animal in the room (my dog is also too big for that) My one cat is also very high stress and I don’t know if she’s survive a plane flight. Im also at this point going with Ross over SGU because of how the acceptances are, if SGU would have been directly into the dvm I would have preferred there for their global veterinary health track
Huskies will need extra care in Grenada weather keep that also in mind!

Huskies will need extra care in Grenada weather keep that also in mind!
I know! Like I said, going with Ross because of how the acceptance is but same situation. But when I interviewed with SGU the person who I interviewed with (for anyone who doesn’t know they have alumni do interviews and send in a summary!!) said her friend brought I think it was 2-3 huskies down with her

same lol, it's like waiting for a stab that you know will come

I know chances are slim, but I really hope they release decisions as early as they did last year. I’m ready to be put out of my misery of waiting!

Reactions: 6 users
OOS rejection. Super disappointed b/c I really like CSU but at the same time, if I'm gonna be honest, I was beginning to doubt whether or not I could afford to go to CSU when compared to other schools since it does tend to be a bit on the higher range of tuition.

• Care
Are you IS or OOS?
Probably still check your portal just in case. I've been seeing a lot of instances from other schools where some people don't get any notification but still have a status update.