Michigan State c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Regarding the panel: Do you remember what day/time it was? I feel like a lot of schools that do information session things schedule them during normal work hours and usually not enough notice to get off!
The IS webinar started at 5pm last year! I did have to take a half day at work that day, but you should have enough warning in advance to take work off— especially if you’re IS and were invited today! I was working at a vet clinic at the time, so they knew I was applying and were more than willing to work with me. It may not hurt to open that conversation up with your work if you haven’t already!

Members don't see this ad.

The IS webinar started at 5pm last year! I did have to take a half day at work that day, but you should have enough warning in advance to take work off— especially if you’re IS and were invited today! I was working at a vet clinic at the time, so they knew I was applying and were more than willing to work with me. It may not hurt to open that conversation up with your work if you haven’t already!
I’m OOS but thank you! I’m also at a vet clinic now (thank goodness with covid and interviews for other schools, definitely not the 2 week minimum notice) I just feel bad needing coverage 😂

Reactions: 1 user
I’m OOS but thank you! I’m also at a vet clinic now (thank goodness with covid and interviews for other schools, definitely not the 2 week minimum notice) I just feel bad needing coverage 😂
I totally understand! But I believe OOS should hear back early December, and your webinar should be sometime in January— so hopefully plenty of time to plan ahead :)

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
That too sucks. Just makes me question the whole process after 2 cycles. I am hopeful of other schools that I have yet to hear from. If you applied other places, good luck and if not for next year!! :)
Same to you! I still have two other schools I’m waiting to hear from so here’s hoping. We can do our best and stay optimistic, whether we get in this year or next :)

• Care
we actually have a cardiovascular final on Friday that I may be semi-procrastinating on studying for 😅
I am also lurking here and procrastinating 👀

Congrats to all the IS applicants who were invited to the webinar. I am so excited for you all:D I am a current second year, if you have any questions please feel free to ask. My first year was 100% virtual, so I may not have answers to everything, but I can sure try.

To those who received rejections, I am so sorry, but I am rooting for you too. I received a rejection my first application cycle and I remember feeling so down and heartbroken. I just want y'all to know that you are absolutely worthy, and your time is coming. One of my favorite quotes I ever been told is "feel the feelings and then go out an be courageous". *hugs*

Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone!! I'm a non-trad 1st time OOS applicant :) I also got an email about passing the academic requirements and moving onto file review for the selection process. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
OOS rejected :(

The email says I didn't meet the minimum GPA requirements... is that the standard email they send to everyone? Bc I'm fairly certain I met them. Chin up everyone <3
Same here. I'm positive my GPA is within the range. I wish it provided more details :/

• Love
  • Care
Have any OOS applicants heard anything after receiving the email about passing the academic requirements? That is the last email that I received from Michigan State and I have not heard anything else yet! Good luck to everyone! :)
I haven’t heard anything else yet! That email said we’d hear from them again in December, so I’m hoping by next week :) Fingers crossed for some good news for all of us!!

(After stalking the thread from last year it looks like OOS heard back December 18th)

Last edited:
Hopefully soon, I’m starting to get anxious! I applied to 11 schools so I’ve been checking my email like crazy!😅
So am I!!!! I think I’ve checked my email 50 times today😅😅😅😅

Reactions: 3 users
So am I!!!! I think I’ve checked my email 50 times today😅😅😅😅
Haven't heard anything yet - I keep checking my emails at work, I'm stressing more and more each day - regretting applying to 17 schools

I'm 1st Time OOS for MSU, 2nd app cycle and non-traditional. Hoping for good news next month!!

OOS people - it’s December how much longer do we wait to hear?!

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS people - it’s December how much longer do we wait to hear?!
I suppose we wait until we get accepted or rejected. Remember that the past couple of years applications have increased exponentially. That coupled with the late VMCAS close may mean they're running behind. Honestly, I don't see what else there is to do but wait. 🙂

Last year they heard around December 18th. We'll likely hear back within the next 3 weeks.
I’m hoping to hear soon. I just want to know either way.
I suppose we wait until we get accepted or rejected. Remember that the past couple of years applications have increased exponentially. That coupled with the late VMCAS close may mean they're running behind. Honestly, I don't see what else there is to do but wait. 🙂
I know, I know. I just get impatient. Sucks being OOS and being the last to know for most schools I applied to 😂

I’m hoping to hear soon. I just want to know either way.

I know, I know. I just get impatient. Sucks being OOS and being the last to know for most schools I applied to 😂
I completely understand that! I'm OOS everywhere but at least I haven't revived a rejection yet. By this time last year I'd already been rejected by 2.

I completely understand that! I'm OOS everywhere but at least I haven't revived a rejection yet. By this time last year I'd already been rejected by 2.
The rejections suck, I don’t think they get any easier. I have 1 IS but they haven’t even started sending anything yet….

The rejections suck, I don’t think they get any easier. I have 1 IS but they haven’t even started sending anything yet….
I didn't even bother with IS after I was informed that I'd need a 3.6 or higher to even be competitive. 🙄

Florida. Ugh.
Oh gosh. I applied to my IS (UPsnn) as a why not apply it’s my IS last cycle and got a file review and they said overall I was competitive just focus on more experience and using that in my essays which I’ve been lucky to work as a zoo keeper more since that and then get a job at a clinic and had friends read my essays

probably a long shot but is there any hope to anything coming out today for OOS? if not, any potential for it being a week from today?

I was thinking maybe Friday? I thought that was the day people said they usually send stuff out, but maybe I’m confusing schools
Wednesday is the day they usually send stuff out on! And last year, OOS heard back after IS students had their virtual reception— so it might be another few weeks still.

Wednesday is the day they usually send stuff out on! And last year, OOS heard back after IS students had their virtual reception— so it might be another few weeks still.
I can't keep straight which schools stick to which day! Thank you!! I guess I'm hoping maybe we will hear a little earlier this year since it looks like IS reception invites went out about a week earlier this year from what I could tell.

Any other OOS manifesting today? It's getting hard to focus 🥴

Any other OOS manifesting today? It's getting hard to focus 🥴
omg yes. I've somehow talked myself into believing it will be today.

source: me obsessively stalking last year's thread and praying that they come a week early like IS did

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
i think we are all manifesting today LOL. today is dead day at my school so I would appreciate stressing about one less thing as I go into finals week :rofl:

i think we are all manifesting today LOL. today is dead day at my school so I would appreciate stressing about one less thing as I go into finals week :rofl:
Today. Today. Today. 🕯🕯🕯🕯

Reactions: 6 users
When did OOS hear back last year?
According to my ~obsessive thread stalking notes~ they heard back on December 18th which was oddly a Friday. That being said they had until December 10th to send in their CASPER exam

• Haha
Today has come and is almost gone.
I need to speak to a manager! 😜😜

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Do we think they might just wait until after the IS webinar?? Next week for OOS? (Obviously I hope this week)

the admissions office watching us trying to figure out when they're going to send us emails: 👁️👄👁️

anyway maybe friday?? if not probably next week??

• Haha
The worst part about this wait is that even if we get invited to the webinar, I think we still have like a 2 month wait for final decisions😭😭

Reactions: 4 users
OOS applicant. Nothing today :( Anyone else?
Nope! I think the IS webinar is tomorrow so I doubt they'll release OOS invites tomorrow. A current student said they typically do things on Wednesdays so maybe the 15th?

Nope! I think the IS webinar is tomorrow so I doubt they'll release OOS invites tomorrow. A current student said they typically do things on Wednesdays so maybe the 15th?
I was thinking the 15th!

Does anybody know what exactly the "virtual reception" is? How do they determine who is accepted and who is waitlisted?
so the reception as absolutely no effect on your application! It is really just their to show you that you are either accepted or waitlisted. I know someone has commented in this forum or on the APVMA facebook explaining exactly what it is. I do know for a fact that the reception doesn’t effect anything about their decision!

Does anybody know what exactly the "virtual reception" is? How do they determine who is accepted and who is waitlisted?
Those invited to the virtual webinar are invited based on their initial applications and decisions are further made by the ‘interview’ which in this case, is the CASPer. The virtual webinar is basically the same as their in person reception they’d host in non-pandemic times— the Dean talks to you guys, you get financial information about the school, a brief rundown of the curriculum, there’s a chance to ask questions, a student panel, etc. The virtual webinar is purely informational and to help you make the best informed decision you can when picking schools!

P.s. for those reading this who are currently invited— and OOS waiting for an invite— don’t stress about what to wear! Your webcam will be off so you can grunge it up in some PJs. I worried a bit too much about what to wear last year and wore a nice sweater no one got to see 😅

Reactions: 3 users
Those invited to the virtual webinar are invited based on their initial applications and decisions are further made by the ‘interview’ which in this case, is the CASPer. The virtual webinar is basically the same as their in person reception they’d host in non-pandemic times— the Dean talks to you guys, you get financial information about the school, a brief rundown of the curriculum, there’s a chance to ask questions, a student panel, etc. The virtual webinar is purely informational and to help you make the best informed decision you can when picking schools!

P.s. for those reading this who are currently invited— and OOS waiting for an invite— don’t stress about what to wear! Your webcam will be off so you can grunge it up in some PJs. I worried a bit too much about what to wear last year and wore a nice sweater no one got to see 😅
So just to clarify.
This is for IS applicants who have already been accepted?

So just to clarify.
This is for IS applicants who have already been accepted?
If it’s anything like last year, those invited are either accepted or waitlisted— your CASPer scores will be used to help make final decisions (which is why there’s another agonizing two month wait after the reception lmao).

If it’s anything like last year, those invited are either accepted or waitlisted— your CASPer scores will be used to help make final decisions (which is why there’s another agonizing two month wait after the reception lmao).
I thought we had to already send in our Casper scores though?? Maybe I'm wrong but mine were sent in when I applied.