MEN: why are you guys going for nurses or medical assistants!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

residentdoc8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
edited

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I just have to know-- unmarried Resident Males out there-- why on earth would you rather date/marry a nurse or medical assistant when there are so many single female residents out there? I keep seeing this over and over as I rotate through hospitals-- do men not care about someone matching them in intelligence!? (sorry, no offense to RNs or MAs). Are men only looking for the best-looking partner or ones that are "easy" they can find? Any insight would be appreciated!

they probably want a girl that doesn't work as hard or doesn't even want to work as much or at all, so that they can start a family, with the girl as a stay at home mom or wife. it also allows the male to feel more dominant and as the breadwinner in the family. males may have a superiority complex.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks are number one for most men. Granted there is a lot more, but that is definitely a significant factor for most. Don't blame men, blame evolution.

Also a med student observation...nurse/medical assistants seem to be more fun to be around than residents. The majority of residents seem stressed out and overworked. Not exactly in the right mode to attract the other sex.

OH WOW!!! EPIPHANY!!! This is prob the BEST response i've ever received-- so simple yet it explains so much! I always thought it would make sense for a male resident to date another female resident-- so that's double a six-figure salary in the future, and who knows, BOTH can work part-time (so work less and enjoy life more) and still live big! Why on earth would a guy want to work that hard to be the breadwinner when they could work less with someone who is an equal partner!? I guess the male domination explanation makes more sense. So maybe intelligence/achievement and substance isn't what men are looking for. Maybe I've had it all wrong-- what's the point of females being educated!? It seems like males tend to pick the prettiest and easiest women! Anyway, thank you so much for the response!

ur welcome :D glad to help. maybe most males like to live a traditional life, but who knows some more progressive males may disagree and want to have a female doctor wife. lol. there are all kinds of people out there. another possibility is that female doctors intimidate most guys, so they go to the next best, easiest option.

Oh ya, its totally because men have a need to feel superior and we are somehow intimidated by "successful" women. :rolleyes: Glad to see you guys are latching on to the ridiculous feminist ideals that are permeating society instead of thinking about logical reasons.

Oh ya, its totally because men have a need to feel superior and we are somehow intimidated by "successful" women. :rolleyes: Glad to see you guys are latching on to the ridiculous feminist ideals that are permeating society instead of thinking about logical reasons.

I don't think you can discount that as a realistic reason; there *are* men, even educated ones, who will openly profess the need to be more intelligent, to make more money etc. Its not ridiculous; I've had close male friends and family members say that it bothers them when a women is more intelligent/makes more money/has more education. That is the reality for some out there.

Is that the most likely reason men gravitate toward nurses and other allied health providers? No, IMHO its probably the issue of career vs family and the tendency for female allied health providers to be younger, less stressed and more inclined to fawn all over you for being a doctor (something a female doctor isn't going to do).

Anyway, not a residency issue, so moving to a more appropriate forum...

Is this all ? Are there no more responses from men ? and I was so loooking forward to hearing why stupid men dare to fall in love with some pathetic RNs and lowly medical assistants when there are dozens of beautiful princess residents just waiting to be smitten by fellow residents. I mean HOW DARE THEY! This is just unacceptable. Residents have higher projected income, better quality of life, are FAR FAR FAR more intelligent than any nurse ever hope to be and are just better all around. :confused:

[ Sarcasm ] in case you didn't pick up on it. :laugh:

Of course there are "some" men who feel this way just as there are "some" women who are gold diggers. But, I don't think we should be painting with a wide brush based upon a handful of people. For some reason, though, it is socially acceptable to bash men in this society.

So I just have to know-- unmarried Resident Males out there-- why on earth would you rather date/marry a nurse or medical assistant when there are so many single female residents out there? I keep seeing this over and over as I rotate through hospitals-- do men not care about someone matching them in intelligence!? (sorry, no offense to RNs or MAs). Are men only looking for the best-looking partner or ones that are "easy" they can find? Any insight would be appreciated!
There are some major pros and cons both ways (all great essays start with this sentence). I've been dating a classmate for three years (met before school), so you know which way I picked -- but at the same time you have to appreciate some cons you're working with.

If you're a doctor (med student here) 55-75 hours/week, can you really hate on the guy who wants to go home and NOT talk to a doctor woman about if the hospital sucked today, paying off med loans, what you ate at the hospital cafeteria while you were on call, who has call, etc. Not that this is all you're going to talk about, but for damn sure it's going to come up during dinner. It'd maybe be nice to not have that, and even someone who was lighthearted and didn't mention anything serious at all. Granted, this is better if your gf/wife is a lawyer or Red Cross volunteer than a nurse, who is at least also going to be mentioning medical topics. But you'd get the idea that a nurse is going to have different dinner convo than another MD.

But then you have the fact that they'll be pulling in 250k, are definitely intelligent, and most MD girls are smokin' hot, and you've got a solid contender. But you can't begrudge the guy who wants to clock out from that at 6pm.

Members don't see this ad :)
agree with scottD. I married my wife (Bsc biomed) and never ever thought of marrying another doctor. It is funny that my wife often asks me the same question as to why won't i marry another doctor. The answer is pretty simple. Being a doctor is stressful enough with the daily grind of calls and such. I want to be able to go home, enjoy a home cooked meal, have a non-medical related talk over dinner time and enjoy the company of my spouse. Imagine you try to discuss some medical case with your spouse who is a doctor (and maybe a better one than you are), she would try to argue and dispute the way you manage a patient and that to me is pretty exhausting.

It is kind of mean for you to say that RNs, PAs and other non-medical folks are dumb. These people may not be medical-smart but they might be street-smart or good in art or have other talents that boring doctors like us don't =)

Maybe it is just me but i think that having 2 six figure income without a family life is pretty dull. You can outsource everything but your big mega-mansion house is an empty shell, just a place to rest till the next morning begins for work.

There are some major pros and cons both ways (all great essays start with this sentence). I've been dating a classmate for three years (met before school), so you know which way I picked -- but at the same time you have to appreciate some cons you're working with.

If you're a doctor (med student here) 55-75 hours/week, can you really hate on the guy who wants to go home and NOT talk to a doctor woman about if the hospital sucked today, paying off med loans, what you ate at the hospital cafeteria while you were on call, who has call, etc. Not that this is all you're going to talk about, but for damn sure it's going to come up during dinner. It'd maybe be nice to not have that, and even someone who was lighthearted and didn't mention anything serious at all. Granted, this is better if your gf/wife is a lawyer or Red Cross volunteer than a nurse, who is at least also going to be mentioning medical topics. But you'd get the idea that a nurse is going to have different dinner convo than another MD.

But then you have the fact that they'll be pulling in 250k, are definitely intelligent, and most MD girls are smokin' hot, and you've got a solid contender. But you can't begrudge the guy who wants to clock out from that at 6pm.
:laugh::rolleyes::laugh:

agree with scottD. I married my wife (Bsc biomed) and never ever thought of marrying another doctor. It is funny that my wife often asks me the same question as to why won't i marry another doctor. The answer is pretty simple. Being a doctor is stressful enough with the daily grind of calls and such. I want to be able to go home, enjoy a home cooked meal, have a non-medical related talk over dinner time and enjoy the company of my spouse. Imagine you try to discuss some medical case with your spouse who is a doctor (and maybe a better one than you are), she would try to argue and dispute the way you manage a patient and that to me is pretty exhausting.

It is kind of mean for you to say that RNs, PAs and other non-medical folks are dumb. These people may not be medical-smart but they might be street-smart or good in art or have other talents that boring doctors like us don't =)

Maybe it is just me but i think that having 2 six figure income without a family life is pretty dull. You can outsource everything but your big mega-mansion house is an empty shell, just a place to rest till the next morning begins for work.[/QUOTET

Well said. Although I would never go for RN or PA or MA, or any girls in the hospital at all. Have you seen them? :barf:

I find the MDs too high powered (i.e. she will not want to stay at home/work part time and take care of kids...which is hardly surprising given how much she's already invested) and the RNs/PAs/MAs are annoying. I prefer someone totally outside of the hospital. If that's not possible, I definitely prefer the fellow docs to the ancillaries.

I want to be able to go home, enjoy a home cooked meal, have a non-medical related talk over dinner time and enjoy the company of my spouse. Imagine you try to discuss some medical case with your spouse who is a doctor (and maybe a better one than you are), she would try to argue and dispute the way you manage a patient and that to me is pretty exhausting.

You've decided that marrying another physician is bad because of a hypothetical situation in which your wife (who - HORRORS - might be better at medicine than you!) argues with the way you manage a patient? :confused:

I don't tell my boyfriend how to manage his patients, and he doesn't tell me how to manage mine. We're in two fairly different fields, but we respect each other enough to let the other one do their job without criticism.

Reactions: 1 user
You've decided that marrying another physician is bad because of a hypothetical situation in which your wife (who - HORRORS - might be better at medicine than you!) argues with the way you manage a patient? :confused:

I don't tell my boyfriend how to manage his patients, and he doesn't tell me how to manage mine. We're in two fairly different fields, but we respect each other enough to let the other one do their job without criticism.

i think you got my idea wrong. I agree that not all MD/MD marriages are bad but they need boundaries like yours. Your partner should not criticize the way you practice at work and vice versa. Medicine is already a big component of our lifestyle, i just refuse to bring it home =) OP mentioned that MD spouses should be more desirable because you can discuss about work life at home. I don't think so because discussing cases with your MD partner could be the start of epic home arguements.

Thank you man!

There aren't many happy, non-stressed, good looking, female residents. Half I have met love to prove how the man is trying to put them down and how they must grow a pair to fight for their rights.

No attending I know pulls 75 hours a week, not even surgeons. I guess it's also interesting to see that when guys DO marry girls/women that are on the less accomplished/non doctor side, if they stay home, that also creates problems long term. I've seen a number of them be resentful of their wives not working and spending their money, or not contribute as much, etc. I think in the long term, it's not a bad idea to have a 2 doctor couple.

There aren't many happy, non-stressed, good looking, female residents. Half I have met love to prove how the man is trying to put them down and how they must grow a pair to fight for their rights.

You must not be looking hard enough. Go to the derm, rad onc, psych, anesthesia, rads, PMR, etc departments and you'll see plenty of attractive, easy going, female residents. I think the "I am a ball-buster" type attitude is more prevalent in fields where women are less prevalent, such as surgery and what not, which likely coincides with the stressed, unhappy, not as good looking, scenario.

You must not be looking hard enough. Go to the derm, rad onc, psych, anesthesia, rads, PMR, etc departments and you'll see plenty of attractive, easy going, female residents. I think the "I am a ball-buster" type attitude is more prevalent in fields where women are less prevalent, such as surgery and what not, which likely coincides with the stressed, unhappy, not as good looking, scenario.

Most of those types are typically already spoken for. They get picked off either before medical school or in medical school. I have yet to the ones that are single and fit your description. If they were easy to find more guys would go after them.

So I guess the one thing that females do better than males is thinking more long term. Looks fade over time-- so the hotter, less stressed MA/PA/RN now may not look so hot after a few kids, or when middle-age hits. Also, that less-educated non-employable housewife will have absolutely nothing to lose in a marriage to a male Physician. If the marriage doesn't work out, that's beautiful alimony for life-- or throw in some kids, and then you have alimony and child support for having not having gone through the pain and work of more education. If it was a MD/MD marriage- both parties would have absolutely just as much to lose financially, etc...so that's more incentive to work through different ruts in marriages. In terms of an MD/MD marriage, I would think males would jump all over that being able to work part-time and having their partner take up some of the slack by financially contributing too. I don't know, I guess situations are all different...but I really appreciate the posts on the reasoning behind selecting someone who is less-educated....it makes sense in the short-term, but long term...I would think it'd be boring to have a partner that can't relate to your work (so doesn't understand why you have to put in so many hours, or are too tired to go party all the time, or has absolutely no idea what you do but has no issues on spending your money). Anyway, thanks everyone for your insights, it's been very interesting!

Older females are more into planning longer term. The younger ones aren't that much different than us guys.

You kind of missed the point about what a happier less stressed woman means and just stuck to the hot part of it. It's her personality that is more appealing and attractive. It's actually sexy to see a girl that can be smart (not only MD girls are smart; PA, lawyer, IT, Cons, IB, Librarian), smile, be happy with her life, take stressful situations and don't let them get to her...etc. That's the kind of girl you look at and say man if she was in my house she would make my life better. It is silly to say that male residents don't go after female residents because they are intimidated by their IQ is silly. When guys go to meet girls, the first thing they ask to see isn't your Sudoku solving abilities. It's easy to look at that and say yup that is the reason the guys aren't knocking on the door. If you think money is a reason someone will stay married to you...good luck. Two physicians or two janitors, when you don't like the person it's hard to work it out.

As guys to us looks will matter to a certain extent but I will tell you if you aren't butt ugly, can hold a conversation, can make us laugh, show us a smile, we will be putty. This is the problem with women in the medical profession I have seen. Most are cynical like their female counterparts who talk about the era when women couldn't vote and male physicians use to whip them. As guys we really don't discriminate.

I am a resident, and I am married to an MD, and she is the most amazing ever. I guess I was lucky to find a girl that is smart, accomplished, but most importantly has that home grown traditional side. And there are plenty of examples that I know of like my mom and my sisters. There are plenty of great female docs out there.

Female doctors tend to be very driven, are very inteligent, and accomphlished. Like all docs, they are used to never being told they are wrong, they are used to calling the shots, they are used to commanding respect, getting things on demand, and having people running to thier beckoning call and looking up to them.

Now that mentatlity tends to apply to other things in life,,,,and Men have a tough time dealing with it. We are built to have the dominant mentality.

If both can acceapt thier roles and work together...then there really is no problem.

here is an example.

A well accomplished corporate exec went on a date with a fellow female exec, and then never went out with her again. He ended up dating the pretty and dumb secretary. The female exec was furious and asked him what he saw in her. To which he replied...we went to dinner, I told you that I got my bachelors are yale, you said you went to harvard. I then said I got my masters from princeton, you said you got yours from colombia. I then went on to say how worked for this big corporation and pulled of this amazing project, to which she shot back and said that she worked for this other big corp, and pulled off this other amazing accomplishment.

The man then went on to say...what i was doing with you, is what I do all day at work....competing. But the secretary...no matter what I said, she looked up at me like I was the greatest thing in the world. I can be a plumber, or the worlds most accomplished person, but in her eyes I am a king.

Lesson: If a man feels like he is the greatest thing in the world, and is the king of his castle, he will be happiest man ever.....and he will always make his wife feel like the queen of the world.

Its just the way the world works.......and I was lucky enough to marry the most amazing woman in the world who also happens to be very accomplished.

I need to smoke this magic powder you guys are on.

If (Male_Resident Not with Me) Then
-->Woman_he_is_with = dumb_easy_slut
Else If (Male_Resident with Me) Then
-->Man = Confident&Secure
Else
-->Me = too_smart_for_men

This makes so much sense. Thank you for the inspiration everyone.

I need to smoke this magic powder you guys are on.

If (Male_Resident Not with Me) Then
-->Woman_he_is_with = dumb_easy_slut
Else If (Male_Resident with Me) Then
-->Man = Confident&Secure
Else
-->Me = too_smart_for_men

This makes so much sense. Thank you for the inspiration everyone.

:laugh:

Hey it goes both ways:

If (Woman I am not interested in, interested in me) Then
---> Woman crazy stalker psycho bitch

Else if (Woman I am interested in, not interested in me) Then
___> Lesbian

Hey it goes both ways:

___> Lesbian

I agree with that completely. The one that was the best in the corporate world was

If (Woman = Successful & woman = good_looking) Then
-->she = sleeping_with_partner
Else
-->she = dumb

Never would give her credit for being smart.

Hey it goes both ways:

___> Lesbian

In my defense she was a lesbian stripper, no joke. She thought I was good looking but he liked my friends girlfriend who was her friend. It didn't work out the way I had hoped.

I am a resident, and I am married to an MD, and she is the most amazing ever. I guess I was lucky to find a girl that is smart, accomplished, but most importantly has that home grown traditional side. And there are plenty of examples that I know of like my mom and my sisters. There are plenty of great female docs out there.

Female doctors tend to be very driven, are very inteligent, and accomphlished. Like all docs, they are used to never being told they are wrong, they are used to calling the shots, they are used to commanding respect, getting things on demand, and having people running to thier beckoning call and looking up to them.

Now that mentatlity tends to apply to other things in life,,,,and Men have a tough time dealing with it. We are built to have the dominant mentality.

If both can acceapt thier roles and work together...then there really is no problem.

here is an example.

A well accomplished corporate exec went on a date with a fellow female exec, and then never went out with her again. He ended up dating the pretty and dumb secretary. The female exec was furious and asked him what he saw in her. To which he replied...we went to dinner, I told you that I got my bachelors are yale, you said you went to harvard. I then said I got my masters from princeton, you said you got yours from colombia. I then went on to say how worked for this big corporation and pulled of this amazing project, to which she shot back and said that she worked for this other big corp, and pulled off this other amazing accomplishment.

The man then went on to say...what i was doing with you, is what I do all day at work....competing. But the secretary...no matter what I said, she looked up at me like I was the greatest thing in the world. I can be a plumber, or the worlds most accomplished person, but in her eyes I am a king.

Lesson: If a man feels like he is the greatest thing in the world, and is the king of his castle, he will be happiest man ever.....and he will always make his wife feel like the queen of the world.

Its just the way the world works.......and I was lucky enough to marry the most amazing woman in the world who also happens to be very accomplished.

Yay! Someone who finally brings a good example of what i meant in my original post. Bringing work into home is exhausting.

Im not in med school yet, but I hope to date lots of the girls and meet someone I can be very serious with. I think the intelligence, determination, and courage to take on all the risk associated with becoming a physician are qualities that I find very attractive in women;). as long as we can have a loving relationship without a lot of competition then it should be fine. Usually guys who go for the young and dumb are very insecure.

So I guess the one thing that females do better than males is thinking more long term. Looks fade over time-- so the hotter, less stressed MA/PA/RN now may not look so hot after a few kids, or when middle-age hits. Also, that less-educated non-employable housewife will have absolutely nothing to lose in a marriage to a male Physician. If the marriage doesn't work out, that's beautiful alimony for life-- or throw in some kids, and then you have alimony and child support for having not having gone through the pain and work of more education. If it was a MD/MD marriage- both parties would have absolutely just as much to lose financially, etc...so that's more incentive to work through different ruts in marriages. In terms of an MD/MD marriage, I would think males would jump all over that being able to work part-time and having their partner take up some of the slack by financially contributing too. I don't know, I guess situations are all different...but I really appreciate the posts on the reasoning behind selecting someone who is less-educated....it makes sense in the short-term, but long term...I would think it'd be boring to have a partner that can't relate to your work (so doesn't understand why you have to put in so many hours, or are too tired to go party all the time, or has absolutely no idea what you do but has no issues on spending your money). Anyway, thanks everyone for your insights, it's been very interesting!

I completely agree. Child support, alimony and all that scares the crap out of me. It would probably be better if I was with someone who has just as much to lose.

here is an example.

Most guys want young and dumb because they are insecure. Most women who are smart enough to become professionals are also smart enough to NOT bring competition into a relationship. Just because a woman mentions she went to Yale doesn't mean shes competing with you, just means she went to Yale. If you can't accept that she is on the same level as you or higher, then that says alot about your confidence.

Sounds like whichever girl started this thread hasn't learned how to pick up men, or where to go. Honestly, I get the whole doctor thing, but 90% of the physicians I've met have been huge dbags (yeah, I'm probably one too).

A few things come to mind:

they're hotter than you,
they're younger than you,
they're more interesting than you,
they're less demanding than you.

Why doesn't OP just even the score and get a male nurse/medical assistant?

Last edited:
There are also plenty of smart, educated women dating/marrying below themselves as well. I cant tell you the amount of losers the girls in my pharm class got with.

I look for equals.....they just dont look for me.

edit......I am now dating a pharmd and we are very happy.

She was dating one of those losers and she figured it out......:laugh:

Men want a woman and someone who acts like a woman who likes to do womanly things. Nothing against female physicians and female professionals in general but they tend to be more manly than womanly. Who wants to come home to that?

Men want a woman and someone who acts like a woman who likes to do womanly things. Nothing against female physicians and female professionals in general but they tend to be more manly than womanly. Who wants to come home to that?

Lol, cold.

So you're a teenager or ******ed?

So you're a teenager or ******ed?

'Bought time women got some of their own medicine. Men are constantly browbeaten both by other men and women (women being worse) about "not fulfilling their manly role in life, blablabla..." yet women can get away with practically doing anything and everything they want and have no one to answer to. It's time they gave an account. Can they sew? Knit? Cook (well)? Can they do household chores well? How are they as mothers? :laugh:

If you are hot you will find a man. Being smart dies not compensate for lack of hotness. We will get with a s,art hot chick any day of the week. You don't think I want to have a trophy wife that does pain management while I stay at home and take care of the kids. It would make me look like the man. However, if she was not hot then I would look like a tool. It is simple. Get hot.

Yes I am ******ed with a teenage brain like most men.

Many people (men and women) prefer a subpartner to an equal partner in a relationship.

This is generally a more attainable goal for a man than a woman.

The problem with this thread is that it's a bunch of women who have no idea what men are like. They think men should make the same partner choices as them, and since we don't, they go on some feminist drivel about inequality or mock some of the members here as infantile or ******ed. Very mature, btw.

- Men are not like women. Period.
- Men aren't biologically wired to make the same partner choices as women.
- Some men have accepted this fact and couldn't care less that you don't. We don't dictate your partner choices; maybe we should. Since you make enough money, you should pick up that hot young guy working at Subway.
- Social trends are forcing a lot of successful, educated women to make that hard choice to remain single or choose down. Sorry ladies, you can't have your cake and eat it.

- To repeat, given a choice, most men will rely on their biological instincts to pick his mate. He will not pick the average-looking fat girl with a great career and snarky attitude over the attractive young nurse who is eager to have kids and stay at home. Come to think of it, this is not unlike you guys and your impossible preferences for some mythical Superman figure.

The problem with this thread is that it's a bunch of women who have no idea what men are like. They think men should make the same partner choices as them, and since we don't, they go on some feminist drivel about inequality or mock some of the members here as infantile or ******ed. Very mature, btw.

- Men are not like women. Period.
- Men aren't biologically wired to make the same partner choices as women.
- Some men have accepted this fact and couldn't care less that you don't. We don't dictate your partner choices; maybe we should. Since you make enough money, you should pick up that hot young guy working at Subway.
- Social trends are forcing a lot of successful, educated women to make that hard choice to remain single or choose down. Sorry ladies, you can't have your cake and eat it.

- To repeat, given a choice, most men will rely on their biological instincts to pick his mate. He will not pick the average-looking fat girl with a great career and snarky attitude over the attractive young nurse who is eager to have kids and stay at home. Come to think of it, this is not unlike you guys and your impossible preferences for some mythical Superman figure.

I feel so sorry for female professionals, so most guys want the hot nurse who's eager to stay at home? I don't. If I had the choice between hot female nurse and hot female doctor I would choose the doctor. WTH does the girl with the great career have to be average looking and fat, while the nurse is young and hot? Besides nurses are dumb as hell, how would one have an intellectual conversation with a nurse? Most of them subconsciously hate doctors and wish they had the brains and determination to be one.

I feel so sorry for female professionals, so most guys want the hot nurse who's eager to stay at home? I don't. If I had the choice between hot female nurse and hot female doctor I would choose the doctor. WTH does the girl with the great career have to be average looking and fat, while the nurse is young and hot? Besides nurses are dumb as hell, how would one have an intellectual conversation with a nurse? Most of them subconsciously hate doctors and wish they had the brains and determination to be one.

Wow man...you think most female docs hold intellectual conversations where nurses only know how to talk about the weather....right. Dude you sound like the hot nurses don't be giving you the love you need.

Also funny thing, the guy before you didn't say hot nurse over hot doctor. The hot female doctor can pick men as easy as shootin fish in a barrel. A hot female doc can go to the club, library, priest convention and pick who she wants like I pick cupcakes at Krogers. Its the ones who aren't so hot that have it hard. If you said you would go for the ugly fat successful chick over the hot nurse you know you are lying to me but your soldier under your unmentionables knows he wont lay it down for your righteous crusade.

There is no perfect one out there. Each partner will have to compromise and bend in some way and thats ok as long as you're both clear where you want to go with the relationship. If you get to a point where compromise is nolonger possible, then it's a divorce or break up. Nothing new there

Everyone is entitled to choose who they want to be in a relationship with . So the guy doctor wants to marry a medical assistant, thats his choice. She might be intellectually inferior to him but that is what he wants and however the relationship turns out is their business. She might also have her own expectations which the male doctor might or might not exactly be meeting. The success of the relationship depends on how much they are willing to work with eachother.

I find the assumption that smart = better a little annoying and I say this as a woman. I know girls who are not academic beasts or as driven as I am, but are lovely people who would make wonderful friends and partners to some lucky fellows out there. A woman who out of circumstance or choice does not pursue a high powered career does not deserve the scorn of other women. Being a mother and/homemaker is not a lower vocation and if that is what a woman chooses to do and a man loves her for that and they can make it work regardless of who does what, props to them.

Here let me streamline this discussion. The question isn't why don't guys go for doctors the question is why don't guys go for you. And the reason is pretty evident. You suck.
That wasn't so hard.
You bag on other people (nurses etc) and assume they're not as smart as you. You immediately cling to the notion that men don't choose you because they have some desire to dominate a relationship. Your enthusiasm for this idea leads me to believe that it's something you've believed and projected to members of the male gender for some time.
Both of those things make you off-putting and lame. There's the truth. Male docs marry female docs all the time...they just don't want you. Hope this helped.

Btw my wife makes a lot more than me and I love it.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.