Advice on dating a nurse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren’t girls looking at the complete package (secure job, earning ability, lack of bad habits like sleeping around, boozing, drugs, brushes with the law and then looks) when picking a mate. That is unlike men who are looking superficially at looks alone. I see plenty of good looking women married to modest looking but financially and mentallly stable guys.

Girls don't even know what girls want.

If your statement was true, then girls would be dying to go out with engineering, etc. students.

This does not happen. Sororities certainty don't focus in intelligent, mentally stable guys. At least not those qualities particularly!

I think that at the end of the day, girls just kind of want random things in no particular logical order.

You'd be surprised at what was a deal-maker or deal-breaker with the girls I've dated.

Members don't see this ad.

Aren’t girls looking at the complete package (secure job, earning ability, lack of bad habits like sleeping around, boozing, drugs, brushes with the law and then looks) when picking a mate. That is unlike men who are looking superficially at looks alone. I see plenty of good looking women married to modest looking but financially and mentallly stable guys.

100% yes. A cute face gets my attention and then it becomes "what else you got?"

Let's say I'm on a dating game show and I can only pick one guy to go to dinner with and both have cute faces, I will pick the guy who knows how to repair things himself (car, plumbing, electrical) over the guy with an advanced degree who would pay someone to do it.

Last edited:
I hate to bring some of this back, but I can't leave some of these comments here like this.

...As for "many other people i know" - i have a very hard time believing that you know many people who have legitimately been sexually assaulted. This issue is becoming so popular that every woman seems to be saying "me too". No, it is not up to the woman/accuser to determine whether she was harrassed. The facts and unbiased arbiters will dictate that...

Yeah, you need to get out and talk to people more. I personally know "many other people" (almost all women) who have been "legitimately" sexually assaulted, let alone a ton of women that have been subjected to sexual harassment in one way or another (I've seen plenty of it in many different settings - although admittedly I've never worked/lived in NYC).

Maybe you genuinely don't know anyone its happened to, or maybe, just maybe its not something people bring up to random guys that can't seem to fathom this being a relatively normal occurrence in our society.

I feel like both sides here are making some sweeping generalizations. All accusations should be seriously investigated for evidence. Not ignored, not arbitrarily believed, investigated seriously.

I believe there have been women ignored with honest accusations and women who were liars.

This. The existence of liars/false accusers doesn't really negate the existence of real victims (and vice versa). But in all honesty, there's a lot more for women to lose than gain from accusing someone.

There's some truth to your last statement.

However, I vehemently disagree with the former. Perhaps for some women they ultimately feel like what happened while they were drunk was what sober-them would have done. It's muddier when it's something sober-you wouldn't have done, yet you were wasted and it happened.

OTOH, no matter what a guy looks like, just because you are drunk doesn't mean sober-you can't remember being strong-armed into something you said no to, if that's what happened.

I find your comment really offensive, because I know plenty of women, including myself, who have been raped by men they found very attractive. Just because a guy is good looking doesn't mean you have consented. It doesn't make you feel better about being raped, or undo all the hurts that come from it. When you don't want sex with a good looking guy before he rapes you, it's not like the rape is going to make you think better of him.

What you describe about a girl finding out when sobering up and "not caring" could very well just be a coping mechanism to deal with what is generally at least discomfitting to most people - sex they don't remember, sex when they were too wasted to put a good finger on.

This last part is fact: a lot of women who are raped find it hard to identify it as such. Sounds crazy, I know. No one really wants to be raped. Like a lot of trauma and other losses (I won't get into how rape represents "loss" in many ways), there can be denial involved. People make excuses, find ways to blame themselves, or tell themselves it's "OK" because it was your husband or he was hot or whatever.

To everyone else, women are being sexually assaulted, truly assaulted and raped, all the time all around you. If you seem the type to confide in, and you are willing have an open mind and make the women close to you in your life that you trust, feel like you might really believe whatever they tell you, you might be able to ask your mother, sister, SO, grandmother, aunt, close friends, and you might be surprised what they tell you.

I've never found it to be a question that "woke" men have thought to ask me. Maybe some of you are convinced you don't know a lot women who have been assaulted because you never asked the right questions, and she never brought it up to you. Maybe you've made comments like the ones in this thread, and the women in your life, who care for your opinion, filed what happened to them under "do not talk about with SDN dude close to me, or else face humiliation, judgement, or worse, he won't believe me and think ill of me. Or he will believe me and still think ill of me."

In line with what I said above, it's frequently not a question of asking someone, "were you ever raped?" If you ask older women, like your gramma, many will say no. If you start asking different questions, you'd be surprised how often you will conclude what happened is assault, yet for many women it will come as a new revelation. "You told Uncle Jerry he was hurting you and to stop? Aunt Jemima, that's assault...."

Then, given the source and how credible you are able to judge them to be by knowing them, and the lack of likely secondary gain such sources would have in confiding in you, and the fact that for so many understandable reasons they have largely kept this to themselves, you might be able to believe them, or that at least it's what they believe happened to them. And that in most of these conversations, should you choose and be able to have them, they're not trying to smear anyone in the mud, get anyone jailed, etc etc. So then maybe you won't think there's so much to lose in believing them.

Then maybe some healing can happen - because I'll tell you this, when you can tell a man close to you that you were raped, and he believes you and says that it wasn't your fault, that is very healing for so many reasons. So often we focus on how women are telling their stories to hurt men, and not appreciating how, without hurting anyone, or trying to hate on men, or trying to get men to lose their jobs or go to jail, that these conversations can happen in a way that makes both parties feel better about each other.

There's value in discussing and being believed about an assault you never talked about, that happened 15 or 50 years ago. Should women expect those men to see the inside of a jail? That's really tough. It's an unjust world, and there it is. The number of times this stuff happens, and there's no legal consequences, vastly outnumbers the number of times a successful prosecution happens. That's just reality. Talk to any prosecutor about how many cases they get, how many are crap, how many they truly believe happened in their professional estimation, and how many of those cases don't even get prosecuted, let alone won. I don't know how many false cries there are. But the proportion of actual rapes that took place that just go under the rug is huge.

If a case from 10 years ago can be made and proved in court, then why not come forward? If it's proved in court, than legally and practically speaking, it probably actually happened. And rapists (not talking "date rape" or "gosh we were drunk what happened") are almost always serial rapists and have a string of victims. Those are the cases that can work out years later, when enough credible and unconnected witnesses come forward. It's tough in some cases because there might be secondary gain when it's someone well known.

There's going to be extremists in anything - African American civil rights, Temperance, feminists, Wiccans, gun rights, whatever. I don't think the fact the Crusades happened means that Christianity is fundamentally about killing babies. The false rape criers and "me too" stuff are only distractions to a real problem.

Thank you for laying this out.

Try thinking about it this way next time: whats the worst that can happen if you try? You get rejected. Maybe if shes a bitch other people will find out and talk about you.
Whats the worst that can happen if you dont try?
You die alone.

So a woman is "a b****" if they tell their friends you asked them out. Wow.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hate to bring some of this back, but I can't leave some of these comments here like this.

Yeah, you need to get out and talk to people more. I personally know "many other people" (almost all women) who have been "legitimately" sexually assaulted, let alone a ton of women that have been subjected to sexual harassment in one way or another (I've seen plenty of it in many different settings - although admittedly I've never worked/lived in NYC).

Maybe you genuinely don't know anyone its happened to, or maybe, just maybe its not something people bring up to random guys that can't seem to fathom this being a relatively normal occurrence in our society.

This. The existence of liars/false accusers doesn't really negate the existence of real victims (and vice versa). But in all honesty, there's a lot more for women to lose than gain from accusing someone.

Thank you for laying this out.

So a woman is "a b****" if they tell their friends you asked them out. Wow.
Yea. And a guy is a dick if he brags about rejecting somebody. Cant believe i said that. Wow.

Yea. And a guy is a dick if he brags about rejecting somebody. Cant believe i said that. Wow.

First off a calling someone a b is a little different than calling someone dick. Second off, you didn't even mention bragging. Take a look at your post again. Just think for a second how you come off.

Reactions: 1 user
First off a calling someone a b is a little different than calling someone dick. Second off, you didn't even mention bragging. Take a look at your post again. Just think for a second how you come off.
Its actually the same thing if youre not a feminazi

I'd argue that calling someone an a**hole is closer to calling someone a b, but hey you clearly know what you're talkin about! Take care slugger.
Remember Crystal Mangum and the Duke lacrosse case. What a fiasco that was. The Duke lacrosse players supposedly got a $ 20 million settlement each from Duke , Mike Nifong the prosecutor is disbarred and Crystal Mangum is now in jail serving a 14 year sentence for 2nd degree murder of her boyfriend. You just can’t believe every single woman that screams assault. You have to do a thorough and impartial investigation.

Girls don't even know what girls want.

If your statement was true, then girls would be dying to go out with engineering, etc. students.

This does not happen. Sororities certainty don't focus in intelligent, mentally stable guys. At least not those qualities particularly!

I think that at the end of the day, girls just kind of want random things in no particular logical order.

You'd be surprised at what was a deal-maker or deal-breaker with the girls I've dated.
Thank you for being the voice of women, especially here on SDN. We are obviously too confused to post about our own preferences.

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

There have been women on here that stated their preferences, but we were dismissed because it didn't fit the narrative.

There have been women on here that stated their preferences, but we were dismissed because it didn't fit the narrative.

I don't think its incorrect to say women aren't very truthful, or tell half-truths, when saying what they find attractive.

When women say "smart and sweet", what they really mean, "smart and sweet if he's good looking, good social skills, romantic, etc.,etc.".

Last edited:
Complete package yes to a degree but they absolutely have to be physically attracted to the guy to begin with. Also, there are plenty of relationships/marriages out there where the woman is not attracted to the guy (or vice versa).
Majority of attractive girls are just with random dudes with very average jobs who happen to look pretty good.

100% yes. A cute face gets my attention and then it becomes "what else you got?"

Let's say I'm on a dating game show and I can only pick one guy to go to dinner with and both have cute faces, I will pick the guy who knows how to repair things himself (car, plumbing, electrical) over the guy with an advanced degree who would pay someone to do it.

In other words, the guy who doesn't have the cute face doesn't get your attention, right? And a "cute face" to women means at least a solid 7/10. Not attainable to most men.

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete package yes to a degree but they absolutely have to be physically attracted to the guy to begin with. Also, there are plenty of relationships/marriages out there where the woman is not attracted to the guy (or vice versa).
Majority of attractive girls are just with random dudes with very average jobs who happen to look pretty good.

In other words, the guy who doesn't have the cute face doesn't get your attention, right? And a "cute face" to women means at least a solid 7/10. Not attainable to most men.

No. Cute means cute and doesn't fall on a 1-10 scale. It simply means cute. You are also correct, if I am not attracted to a guy - he isn't going to get my attention. Because I'm not attracted to him.

No. Cute means cute and doesn't fall on a 1-10 scale. It simply means cute. You are also correct, if I am not attracted to a guy - he isn't going to get my attention. Because I'm not attracted to him.
This statement proves my point yet guys on here will find a way to dance around the issue and make it seem like looks don't matter when they're the #1 thing that matters. More importantly, it's the face and not the body or height. A 6 pack, time in the gym or being tall doesn't mean much.

This statement proves my point yet guys on here will find a way to dance around the issue and make it seem like looks don't matter when they're the #1 thing that matters. More importantly, it's the face and not the body or height. A 6 pack, time in the gym or being tall doesn't mean much.
Dude she just said cute is not on a scale of 1-10. And just because she’s attracted to u doesn’t mean ur physically attractive. Like so many girls are attracted to physically unattractive guys for other reasons. And then there’s me who’s facially attractive yet so unattractive for many other reasons.

Right on, sista! Who cares about all that intellectual mumbo-jumbo anyways. That car ain’t gonna fix itself.

1000% correct...

Last edited:
You repeating this mantra over and over again is not convincing anyone. There is no way to settle this and I'd take above average height or above average intelligence over above average face anytime. Its all subjective and you know as little as everyone else about what all women want.

So there's a cute nurse on my floor that I'm interested in, and I think she might be into me based on how much she's been looking at me. I'm unsure how to get something going. I've had a nurse my age just talk to me casually before, but I never seized that opportunity, and I feel really dumb now. I'm not dating my classmates because they're mean and I had a bad experience. I figure even if she rejects me, I only have another week on this floor. Any ideas?

This is a travesty. Not you wanting to date a nurse, but the fact that this thread has gone on this long without asking the most important question:

“Pics?”

This is a travesty. Not you wanting to date a nurse, but the fact that this thread has gone on this long without asking the most important question:

Pics?”

Hysterical. You nailed it. Anyone who has dated in the past 15 years via online sites would have asked that very question in a matter of keystrokes.
EB827DB3-14E7-4040-A2E6-CFD1331A904E.jpeg

Sounds good, but I'm on break for a couple weeks now. I could just go up there afterwards and ask her about some random patient shes in charge of and ask her out then. But there are equally cute single nurses in the ICU, so I'll have more chances.

Here's the best advice you're ever going to hear about dating in your entire life: stop trying to be so indirect. You can't win being indirect. She'll always think you're a coward even if it works. Be a man.

Here's the best advice you're ever going to hear about dating in your entire life: stop trying to be so indirect. You can't win being indirect. She'll always think you're a coward even if it works. Be a man.
Funny you say that, a girl I accidentally hooked up with once said the same thing to me. She told me I was giving mixed signals and to be more forward with girls next time.

Funny you say that, a girl I accidentally hooked up with once said the same thing to me. She told me I was giving mixed signals and to be more forward with girls next time.

I feel like there's a story there. How you do accidentally hook up with someone? lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Which posts?
In every dating thread or whiny diatribe that comes from these college educated, successful medical students that can't understand why supermodels aren't dropping their panties at their feet. No matter how many times women say that it is more than looks and money, the response is that we must be ugly, overbearing or shrewish, willing to settle.

Sounds good, but I'm on break for a couple weeks now. I could just go up there afterwards and ask her about some random patient shes in charge of and ask her out then. But there are equally cute single nurses in the ICU, so I'll have more chances.

If your history predicts what happens going forward, the same problem will occur. You'll want to ask someone out, not find a way to do it, and the rotation will end, and you'll hope it will work out next time.

Forget about asking her about some random patient (which would def be a HIPAA issue, now that you're not on service any more). Just go, say it was really nice working with her, you'd love to take her to dinner, and you waited until after the rotation was over to avoid any work related rules / troubles.

Then, do the same thing in the ICU.

Why is this thread still alive

Because we can't help ourselves?

In every dating thread or whiny diatribe that comes from these college educated, successful medical students that can't understand why supermodels aren't dropping their panties at their feet. No matter how many times women say that it is more than looks and money, the response is that we must be ugly, overbearing or shrewish, willing to settle.

Certainly is more than that... Though money isn't a big factor (anymore), period.

There are a ton of med students who think "doctor status" will solve all their dating problems. Only to arrive in residency to see that it hasn't. Next step is to think a 300k income will, and then attending years come and once again the issues aren't solved. It's not a major flaw on the person's end. Type A personalities aim for the prettiest girls (who are out of their league) and fail which then leaves them puzzled.

Certainly is more than that... Though money isn't a big factor (anymore), period.

There are a ton of med students who think "doctor status" will solve all their dating problems. Only to arrive in residency to see that it hasn't. Next step is to think a 300k income will, and then attending years come and once again the issues aren't solved. It's not a major flaw on the person's end. Type A personalities aim for the prettiest girls (who are out of their league) and fail which then leaves them puzzled.

Maybe in an extreme welfare state...it still sucks to be poor in America. I don't even think your reality places put in a super welfare scenario. In studies, women, regardless of income bracket, consistently desired men who made at least as much and preferred men who made more. Post residemcy, my below average looking friend had his pick, when he moved back to his small town in Louisianna. He wasn't given any attention in high school, and ended up marrying a much better looking woman 9 years his junior. And no, he does not have the hyper masculine face you claim men find ugly and women find attractive. He is chubby with a weak jaw and acned face. In reality, it's been shown women find a mix of masculine and feminine features attractive in long term relationships. Plenty fantasize about guys like Leo and Orlando Bloom. I've seen my fair share of Neanderthal looking dudes that only got dates with conventionally unattractive overweight women.

Also, let's get something straight. Even among goldiggers, the rate if infidelity isn't that much higher. The vast majority of kids produced by those marriages are legitimate.

Look at the studies on Match.com that say men who suddenly list there income as 200k from 50k, get way more winks and messages. Lettuce not ignore reality. Money isn't everything, but it sure can help. Once you reach a threshold, your options go up a lot. It's not a linear sort of thing. It's more sigmoidal or at most, probably, the shape of a titration curve for a diprotic acid, insofar as there probably is a huge major celebrity or wealth status boost.

Last edited:

Dude you're never going to learn. This topic has been beaten but there are no leagues. My ex actually refused to get back together with me after claiming I lack the traits she looks for, and then pointed out another guy in my class who she's into, who from a looks standpoint, I easily crush. I remember in first year of med school I was walking with a couple buddies, and some girls passing by in a car catcalled us. My buddies agreed I was the one they were calling, yet they were all and still are more experienced with women than I am. Looks are just that, they get you a look. If you're only above average and socially autistic like me, it's going to be hard to get the girl you want unless you have god tier looks.

Gosh I don’t understand boys/men’s obsession with hot supermodels. I don’t want date 6 supermodels and then have a broken heart each time the relationship falls apart. I want that one girl who is pretty ( doesn’t need to be Kate Upton) but not a 300 lb walrus or has 5 kids from 4 different fathers.
I want her to be faithful to me , bring me a hot cup of soup when I am laid up with a cold and be a good mother to our kids. Support me through thick and thin. In return I will be always faithful to her, try to be a good and responsible father to our kids and bring her the hot soup when she is laid up with a cold. She is free to pursue her career but I will take primary responsibility of bringing the dough in. Is that too much to ask ?

Gosh I don’t understand boys/men’s obsession with hot supermodels. I don’t want date 6 supermodels and then have a broken heart each time the relationship falls apart. I want that one girl who is pretty ( doesn’t need to be Kate Upton) but not a 300 lb walrus or has 5 kids from 4 different fathers.
I want her to be faithful to me , bring me a hot cup of soup when I am laid up with a cold and be a good mother to our kids. Support me through thick and thin. In return I will be always faithful to her, try to be a good and responsible father to our kids and bring her the hot soup when she is laid up with a cold. She is free to pursue her career but I will take primary responsibility of bringing the dough in. Is that too much to ask ?

For most, the obsession is with ****ing them, not marrying them. It's pretty irrational for those that don't have a chance in hell. They need to go to the Bunny Ranch in Nevada.

We’ve talked about looks a lot but I have a criterion which i think separates the wheat from the chaff. Does it seem like she’s fun? Who wants a supermodel if she is dull. One month and you’d be bored senseless. Look for someone that makes you laugh or at least makes you feel comfortable.

And I said this once before but it is still Golden advice for guys - do lots of squats and get a decent pair of jeans.

Yeah man. I agree with the other posters. You gotta just be direct. I asked this cute bartender out once. Told her I'd like to take her out some time and left my number on the receipt. Didn't really expect her to ever call back but she texted me about a month later out of the blue. Ultimately didn't work out but wouldn't have even happened if I hadn't just gone for it. Whats the worst? She sells my phone number to telemarketers?

Look up alphadestiny and naturally enhanced training on YouTube

hqdefault.jpg

fwiw kate uptons husband is well below average in looks. certainly helps hes a professional baseball player making a lot of money. and so is emily rajtakowskis guy. and adriana limas ex husband. none of these people look like chandler parsons.

Maybe in an extreme welfare state...it still sucks to be poor in America. I don't even think your reality places put in a super welfare scenario. In studies, women, regardless of income bracket, consistently desired men who made at least as much and preferred men who made more. Post residemcy, my below average looking friend had his pick, when he moved back to his small town in Louisianna. He wasn't given any attention in high school, and ended up marrying a much better looking woman 9 years his junior. And no, he does not have the hyper masculine face you claim men find ugly and women find attractive. He is chubby with a weak jaw and acned face. In reality, it's been shown women find a mix of masculine and feminine features attractive in long term relationships. Plenty fantasize about guys like Leo and Orlando Bloom. I've seen my fair share of Neanderthal looking dudes that only got dates with conventionally unattractive overweight women.

Also, let's get something straight. Even among goldiggers, the rate if infidelity isn't that much higher. The vast majority of kids produced by those marriages are legitimate.

Look at the studies on Match.com that say men who suddenly list there income as 200k from 50k, get way more winks and messages. Lettuce not ignore reality. Money isn't everything, but it sure can help. Once you reach a threshold, your options go up a lot. It's not a linear sort of thing. It's more sigmoidal or at most, probably, the shape of a titration curve for a diprotic acid, insofar as there probably is a huge major celebrity or wealth status boost.

You're mixing anecdotes with "studies" to try and make a point that's semi true and irrelevant to my argument.
Your story of your "below average friend" having his pick is also not relevant in any way. For one, how do you know girls see him as below average? Attention in high school is meaningless when you're talking about a guy who's 30 years old.
Who did he have his pick of? Again, you're the only one judging their attractiveness. Not to mention the story can be half made up so you can "prove" your point.

Nonetheless, it's foolish to say looks aren't the #1 factor in dating.

Do you really think the thousands of girls drooling on Dr. Mike's photos are doing it because of his personality or "doctor status?" lol..... Anyone who's actually seen how crazy girls go over a hot guy knows how it really works.

Dude you're never going to learn. This topic has been beaten but there are no leagues. My ex actually refused to get back together with me after claiming I lack the traits she looks for, and then pointed out another guy in my class who she's into, who from a looks standpoint, I easily crush. I remember in first year of med school I was walking with a couple buddies, and some girls passing by in a car catcalled us. My buddies agreed I was the one they were calling, yet they were all and still are more experienced with women than I am. Looks are just that, they get you a look. If you're only above average and socially autistic like me, it's going to be hard to get the girl you want unless you have god tier looks.

I think you're the one who isn't getting the point yet you already stated it yourself. They get you the look = get your foot into the door. Saying looks don't matter much is like saying you can get a job without even getting an interview. It's bypassing the first and most important step and focusing on the less important factors.
If that was how things worked, we would have applicants with step 1 scores of 195 matching into very good residencies due to their interview skills. See how silly that sounds?

You're mixing anecdotes with "studies" to try and make a point that's semi true and irrelevant to my argument.
Your story of your "below average friend" having his pick is also not relevant in any way. For one, how do you know girls see him as below average? Attention in high school is meaningless when you're talking about a guy who's 30 years old.
Who did he have his pick of? Again, you're the only one judging their attractiveness. Not to mention the story can be half made up so you can "prove" your point.

Nonetheless, it's foolish to say looks aren't the #1 factor in dating.

Do you really think the thousands of girls drooling on Dr. Mike's photos are doing it because of his personality or "doctor status?" lol..... Anyone who's actually seen how crazy girls go over a hot guy knows how it really works.

I think you're the one who isn't getting the point yet you already stated it yourself. They get you the look = get your foot into the door. Saying looks don't matter much is like saying you can get a job without even getting an interview. It's bypassing the first and most important step and focusing on the less important factors.
If that was how things worked, we would have applicants with step 1 scores of 195 matching into very good residencies due to their interview skills. See how silly that sounds?

At the top, looks, without a doubt, are the most important thing. But OP has a social disability. I think he needs to reach a baseline level of social ability, and if he is as good looking as he claims to be, success will come with ease. Heck he might be one of the few guys that does well with the gimmicky tricks from stuff like RSD. It'll force him to be social by giving him an algorithm to follow. It's helped a ton of socially awkward and/or disabled men, who happen to be good looking, get a girlfriend and/or get laid.

As for ugly guys and average looking men, the bottom 80%, trying to become as conventionally successful as you can (money, popularity, etc) coupled with vastly improved social skills will help maximize chances of landing a quality woman, who also happens to be at least slightly out of your league looks wise if not moderately so. It will also help you obtain more success in the realm of casual sex with women, who are below or at your level with looks.

The one glaring ignored factor in all of this is race. A ton of what constitutes "good looking" is based on our Eurocentric world biases, thus resulting in slight to moderate overvaluation of some men and undervaluation of others. But that's a topic for another day.

Aside: I also agree that guys who want to go into medicine or any other conventionally prestigious/relatively high paying career are *****s for doing so, if their primary motivation is to improve their chances at landing quality women or a lot more casual sex. Money or status alone can only do stuff at an extremely high level. That stuff used to be super important (essentially all past cultures) and still is in cultures with an arranged marriage type setup, especially in areas of extreme poverty.

Last edited:
This thread is funny. I’m a 6-7/10 which like I said before is above average. The problem is my social skills. They were always lacking to begin with, and since entering med school they've been awful. I have not hung out or gone out or basically socialized at all since new years last year. And I'm not joking, I've literally just been watching TV/studying/going to the gym for the past year, and the only time I actually do anything is on break with my family. I also have high standards. That makes getting a girlfriend pretty hard, and my hot ex girlfriend wont take me back. But I’ve no doubt I’ll end up marrying a hot girl since I’m Iranian and in my culture, my looks and being a doctor make me a 10/10. I’m not even a doctor yet but my family has shown me amazing looking Iranian girls around 22-23 years old ready to marry me (and theyre not poor) once I have some income (residency). So really Im not that worried, its just I have to pass the next year and a half so Ill figure something out.

This thread is funny. I’m a 6-7/10 which like I said before is above average. The problem is my social skills. They were always lacking to begin with, and since entering med school they've been awful. I have not hung out or gone out or basically socialized at all since new years last year. And I'm not joking, I've literally just been watching TV/studying/going to the gym for the past year, and the only time I actually do anything is on break with my family. I also have high standards. That makes getting a girlfriend pretty hard, and my hot ex girlfriend wont take me back. But I’ve no doubt I’ll end up marrying a hot girl since I’m Iranian and in my culture, my looks and being a doctor make me a 10/10. I’m not even a doctor yet but my family has shown me amazing looking Iranian girls around 22-23 years old ready to marry me (and theyre not poor) once I have some income (residency). So really Im not that worried, its just I have to pass the next year and a half so Ill figure something out.

Indians have this benefit too. I'd say I'm a similar looks level, but I already have a pretty attractive girlfriend. However, I also realize I have a parental fallback. It's a good situation.

However, I'd still work on your social skills. It's bigly important for maximizing life fulfillment.

Look up alphadestiny and naturally enhanced training on YouTube

Mr Rack Pulls Above the Knee's videos are high yield for maximizing aesthetics and looking muscular in a shirt as a drug free lifter.

Iranian girls are good looking. Don’t get trapped by a 4/10 white/black/Hispanic/oriental/Indian girl , stick to your studies and let your parents get you the 10/10 Iranian girl. She will also be a virgin and will stick with you all your life. And cook the food , wash the dishes and take care of all the household stuff. I am from Pakistan and that’s how the girls in my country are.

Last edited:
At the top, looks, without a doubt, are the most important thing. But OP has a social disability. I think he needs to reach a baseline level of social ability, and if he is as good looking as he claims to be, success will come with ease. Heck he might be one of the few guys that does well with the gimmicky tricks from stuff like RSD. It'll force him to be social by giving him an algorithm to follow. It's helped a ton of socially awkward and/or disabled men, who happen to be good looking, get a girlfriend and/or get laid.

As for ugly guys and average looking men, the bottom 80%, trying to become as conventionally successful as you can (money, popularity, etc) coupled with vastly improved social skills will help maximize chances of landing a quality woman, who also happens to be at least slightly out of your league looks wise if not moderately so. It will also help you obtain more success in the realm of casual sex with women, who are below or at your level with looks.

The one glaring ignored factor in all of this is race. A ton of what constitutes "good looking" is based on our Eurocentric world biases, thus resulting in slight to moderate overvaluation of some men and undervaluation of others. But that's a topic for another day.

Aside: I also agree that guys who want to go into medicine or any other conventionally prestigious/relatively high paying career are *****s for doing so, if their primary motivation is to improve their chances at landing quality women or a lot more casual sex. Money or status alone can only do stuff at an extremely high level. That stuff used to be super important (essentially all past cultures) and still is in cultures with an arranged marriage type setup, especially in areas of extreme poverty.
More or less, this post is largely correct. We're now on the same page :)

My whole point was that a 4-5/10 with average social skills would have no chance against a 6-7/10 with on par or worse social skills. Can't just jump to extremes to make a certain point.
Also I'd be cautious overall with your plan. The vast majority of iranian women in the west prioritize the same thing as any western girl but do seem to sleep around a crazy amount before settling.

More or less, this post is largely correct. We're now on the same page :)

My whole point was that a 4-5/10 with average social skills would have no chance against a 6-7/10 with on par or worse social skills. Can't just jump to extremes to make a certain point.
Also I'd be cautious overall with your plan. The vast majority of iranian women in the west prioritize the same thing as any western girl but do seem to sleep around a crazy amount before settling.
His social skills may be average because of his Iranian background. My social skills have improved but were definitely below average when I came from Pakistan. He doesn’t have to get a western Iranian girl. He can get one from Iran where pre-martial sex is not the norm.

His social skills may be average because of his Iranian background. My social skills have improved but were definitely below average when I came from Pakistan. He doesn’t have to get a western Iranian girl. He can get one from Iran where pre-martial sex is not the norm.
Maybe if you're looking in super conservative rural areas, but it's beyond laughable to think someone from the suburbs ( let alone main cities) hasn't been very sexually active for years and years. Iran is quite different from other islamic countries in that most of its younger population isn't the slightest bit religious.

And while social skills are the 2nd most important thing - they just need to be enough to get you by. Girls who really want a certain guy will go out of their way to get him. Just observe some female friends in action or just go read some comments on attractive guys' instagram photos and see how they act.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.