Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Y’all they literally JUST asked me to send my transcript and MCAT score after I emailed admissions to ask them for an update over a month after I applied.

Members don't see this ad.

Got waitlisted too. Is the waitlist dynamic or should we take it as a L?
I was waitlisted last year with a few others and we got into the program during the first week of July. Keep the faith, especially if Meharry is truly where you want to be.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That's interesting how the class isn't full, yet people have been placed on the waitlist. The moment when you realize you're not good enough...
Don’t say that. To make you feel better, the person I was talking to seems like she doesn’t really know if the class is full or not. She said “to her knowledge”.

Reactions: 1 users
New here but good luck to everyone that has applied and hasn't heard back yet. I applied back in May and got a decision on 6/12 and the MHS GroupMe has been awesome and very informative.

Y’all they literally JUST asked me to send my transcript and MCAT score after I emailed admissions to ask them for an update over a month after I applied.

I just got an email for my transcript too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello guys, How many people in the group me so far guys ? I got waitlisted as well...

I have a feeling they probably overlooked us initially because we both never heard back and just sent follow-up emails. When did you apply?

I applied a week before the deadline.... maybe a week after the deadline I got an email asking for the transcripts. And I also emailed asking for an update and to verify that everything was received. Maybe it got lost along the way.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied a week before the deadline.... maybe a week after the deadline I got an email asking for the transcripts. And I also emailed asking for an update and to verify that everything was received. Maybe it got lost along the way.

That’s how mine was but then they put me on the waitlist yesterday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a rejection email today, but I got into a few other programs. Good luck to everyone!!!

Hey guys, just made an account here since I saw a group about Meharry MHS. Accepted and moving down to Nashville from Rochester in about a month! Really excited to meet you all!

Hi, everyone! I apologize if I am a bit too early to the party but I am a rising senior in college and will be graduating this upcoming spring! I am a chemistry major on a pre-dental track and upon tons of research, Meharry is my number one choice. When the time comes, I am looking forward to applying for their MHS program. I have read almost all of this forum lol and noticed that you all were discussing the idea of being invited to apply for the program. How do I get invited? Also, I have not taken the GRE. Would you all recommend taking it now? If you all have any additional information or support, please let me know! I'm not sure if I am able to request this on here, but I am also looking for a mentor throughout the process! Thank you so much and I wish you all the best on your journey!

Hi, everyone! I apologize if I am a bit too early to the party but I am a rising senior in college and will be graduating this upcoming spring! I am a chemistry major on a pre-dental track and upon tons of research, Meharry is my number one choice. When the time comes, I am looking forward to applying for their MHS program. I have read almost all of this forum lol and noticed that you all were discussing the idea of being invited to apply for the program. How do I get invited? Also, I have not taken the GRE. Would you all recommend taking it now? If you all have any additional information or support, please let me know! I'm not sure if I am able to request this on here, but I am also looking for a mentor throughout the process! Thank you so much and I wish you all the best on your journey!

Don't aim to get into MHS. Aim to get straight into dental school. You take the DAT, not the GRE.

Reactions: 3 users
Don't aim to get into MHS. Aim to get straight into dental school. You take the DAT, not the GRE.

Thank you for the response! So, when I am applying, I should be applying to take the DAT instead of the GRE? I have neem studying for the GRE for a while now so I guess it is good prep for the DAT. I was thinking about first being admitted to the MHS program and then taking the DAT while there, and applying for the dental school during my matriculation in the MHS program... is this a bad idea? I saw that one of the requirements admitted to the MHS program is to have applied to Meharry Medical or Dental Schools to even be considered.

Thank you for the response! So, when I am applying, I should be applying to take the DAT instead of the GRE? I have neem studying for the GRE for a while now so I guess it is good prep for the DAT. I was thinking about first being admitted to the MHS program and then taking the DAT while there, and applying for the dental school during my matriculation in the MHS program... is this a bad idea? I saw that one of the requirements admitted to the MHS program is to have applied to Meharry Medical or Dental Schools to even be considered.
You have to take the DAT, period, to be considered. Why aim low when you can go high? This isn't a regular masters program like in biology or business and you need the GRE. This program is for people who have the potential but haven't made the mark to truly show they are ready and will succeed in med or dent school. You have a whole year left of courses and have the DAT. Do well in both, amongst other things, and you can go straight into dental school. Why pay an extra 67k for grad school when you might not have to?
You have to apply to the dental school and they interview you (if you're invited for an interview). You either get an acceptance, rejected or they invite you to MHS. That's how it goes. So just smash the DAT and the rest of your courses. Don't think about MHS unless you're invited.

Reactions: 1 users
Got accepted June 4! What is this I hear of a group me? Can I get added please?

You have to take the DAT, period, to be considered. Why aim low when you can go high? This isn't a regular masters program like in biology or business and you need the GRE. This program is for people who have the potential but haven't made the mark to truly show they are ready and will succeed in med or dent school. You have a whole year left of courses and have the DAT. Do well in both, amongst other things, and you can go straight into dental school. Why pay an extra 67k for grad school when you might not have to?
You have to apply to the dental school and they interview you (if you're invited for an interview). You either get an acceptance, rejected or they invite you to MHS. That's how it goes. So just smash the DAT and the rest of your courses. Don't think about MHS unless you're invited.

This makes so much sense now! Thank you so much for your response and transparency! Where do you get all of your information from? I don't want to bombard you with questions but I've looked on the website and other outlets and I am not seeming to get as much as what you are giving me.

This makes so much sense now! Thank you so much for your response and transparency! Where do you get all of your information from? I don't want to bombard you with questions but I've looked on the website and other outlets and I am not seeming to get as much as what you are giving me.
I graduated from the program and have friends who were on the dent track and now are D1s

Hello Everyone!

Congratulations to those who have gotten in! And for those who have not, hang in each there! And for those who didn't, don't let it determine your value and capacity, you still have what it takes! This is such a strange time for everyone! I graduated from MHS last year and am an MS1 at Meharry this year. I really benefitted from this forum when I was trying to figure things out and wished I had an alum to ask all my "nagging" questions to. I know some of my classmates are already here answering questions, but If you have any other questions or want to know about my personal experience, reach out to me! :)

Don't worry fam, delays aren't denials, and even denials are just detours. We're all gonna be saving the world someday. :)

Reactions: 11 users
What is the target MCAT score for those who complete this program to be considered for medical school?

Just to keep y’all updated there are 66 of us in the group me. Keep hope alive that you’ll get in!! No news is still good news!

Reactions: 4 users
How does financial aid work?
Once you get accepted they’ll send you an email with forms to fill out. They have not given us this years Exact cost but tuition is somewhere between $36-40k. The max you can receive in unsubsidized loans is $20,500. If you need more you’ll have to do a grad plus loan

Hey I've also been accepted into the MHS program this upcoming year, can you add me into the group me?
Hi! I've also been accepted into the program for Fall 2020. Can you add me to the Groupme as well?

@Drtk12 @_TheRealColorPurple i hope you guys hear back soon :( I called them today and they said there is no estimation for anything. It’s just whenever they get to your application..but I heard that the program is not full as well and they’re trying to give everyone a chance that they see fit for the program. Just keep your fingers crossed

Reactions: 2 users
@Drtk12 @_TheRealColorPurple i hope you guys hear back soon :( I called them today and they said there is no estimation for anything. It’s just whenever they get to your application..but I heard that the program is not full as well and they’re trying to give everyone a chance that they see fit for the program. Just keep your fingers crossed

Hey! What number did you call?

Chyyyyle thank you for the info!

Hi everyone!!

I have been stalking this page for a while lol . I have been accepted to the program in May . Can someone add me to theGroupMe please ?

I haven’t even gotten a rejection/waitlist notice lol

Emailed Shelita and she got back to me.. She said we would receive a final notice no later than mid July..crazy right...Mid July. Keeping the faith I guess

I just got accepted! Can someone add me to the groupme?

Reactions: 5 users