Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who are accepted and are in the group me, if you dont mind sharing how many people are in the group me so far so the others that haven't been accepted can gauge how many spots are left

There’s currently only 13 of us in the Groupme.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
For those who are accepted and are in the group me, if you dont mind sharing how many people are in the group me so far so the others that haven't been accepted can gauge how many spots are left

It’s 13 of us so far! Praying for good news for all of you guys ❤️

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Everyone,

So someone restricted access to the document but I opened it back up so yall can write questions again. Don't know who did it

Reactions: 4 users
Hi! Just posting some dates just in case someone wants to know my timeline for everything.

July 11, 2020- submitted application

September 3, 2020 - paid supplemental

January 31, 2020- Interviewed for Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry

May 19, 2020- Invited to the MHS Program (never officially denied from the dental school, but invited to the MHS Program)

May 21, 2020- Accepted offer and paid deposit

May someone please add me to the group me? Thank you so much. ☺️
(This is my first time using SDN so I hope I’m posting everything correctly)

Reactions: 3 users
Hi! Just posting some dates just in case someone wants to know my timeline for everything.

May 19, 2020- Invited to the MHS Program (never officially denied from the dental school, but invited to the MHS Program)

May someone please add me to the group me? Thank you so much. ☺
Look at God!! Congrats!!! I’m glad you got in!

Last edited:
I got accepted into Meharry MHS as well!! Applied on January 2020 and accepted on May 21st!

• Love
Does anyone know the deadline that they will give final decisions to everyone regardless is accepted, waitlisted, or rejected ? I know last year in the forum they had a date that everyone should know things but wasn’t sure about this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the deadline that they will give final decisions to everyone regardless is accepted, waitlisted, or rejected ? I know last year in the forum they had a date that everyone should know things but wasn’t sure about this year.
I dont know the for sure date but I can say last year i was waitlisted twice and still didnt have a decision three weeks before the program started.

I dont know the for sure date but I can say last year i was waitlisted twice and still didnt have a decision three weeks before the program started.
Oh wow! So did they ever send you a rejection letter or email? Or you just never got a response from admissions?

Did she request any of you to send your transcript before you all acceptance? If so, how long did you all know if you were accepted after you sent the transcript?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long did it take to get a response after they told you you were under review

Reactions: 1 user
Did she request any of you to send your transcript before you all acceptance? If so, how long did you all know if you were accepted after you sent the transcript?

How long did it take to get a response after they told you you were under review

I received 2 invitations one in January and another in February. I submitted mid-March, in early April I received an email asking for unofficial transcripts and test scores, received an acceptance letter on May 11th.

May someone please add me to the group me? Thank you so much. ☺

I thought the deadline was May 13th? So they’re still sending out invitations?

I thought the deadline was May 13th? So they’re still sending out invitations?
From my understanding there was a wave of acceptances. So I knew a couple people who were accepted before me but didn’t take the offer for personal reasons then once they denied the offer, I would say I got my acceptance a little over a week after that. I also spoke to someone on admissions and they told me there’s a ranking list based off scores GPA etc. so they accept people on the list see if they take the offer or not then move on to the next person on the list. Not sure if they’re still accepting but that was my understanding of the whole process. Hope this helps.

I was accepted into the program this morning!

Reactions: 3 users
I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!! Omg

Reactions: 11 users
Need advice: should I consider the MHS program? I got accepted today. I’m planning to retake MCAT August. My undergrad gpa is great. Is it worth doing the program?

Need advice: should I consider the MHS program? I got accepted today. I’m planning to retake MCAT August. My undergrad gpa is great. Is it worth doing the program?

There is a google doc link in here that allows us to ask students questions. I think you should ask them because they’d be able to tell you the truth. But honestly I’m in your same predicament but I decided to do it because at least you know that you’ll work hard and as long as you meet the requirements you have your foot in the door somewhere.

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!! Omg

Congratulations. I submitted my transcript and score as requested same day as you guys, I hope that doesn’t mean a rejection for me?

Congratulations. I submitted my transcript and score as requested same day as you guys, I hope that doesn’t mean a rejection for me?
Same here , submitted transcript and scores , hopefully we’ll hear something soon !

Hey guys! I just got accepted to the MHS program today!! I saw there was a GroupMe! Is it possible that I can get added as well??

Yup, I got the rejection letter like two weeks before the program was supposed to start.

Do you think there is still hope because I haven't heard back since December with my application "Under Review"? I called admissions, I was told that it's still under review and they cannot provide an individual update.

Do you think there is still hope because I haven't heard back since December with my application "Under Review"? I called admissions, I was told that it's still under review and they cannot provide an individual update.
Yea I definitely think there is still hope. I’ve heard of meharry accepting people late into many of their programs!

There is a google doc link in here that allows us to ask students questions. I think you should ask them because they’d be able to tell you the truth. But honestly I’m in your same predicament but I decided to do it because at least you know that you’ll work hard and as long as you meet the requirements you have your foot in the door somewhere.

Thank you! I’ll check it out

Mine still said under review after I was accepted.

There’s currently only 13 of us in the Groupme.

Hi all, I was accepted into the MHS program for Fall 2020!
What is groupme and how do I join?

Hey! I got accepted into the program on May 19th. I saw there was a group me! Can some please add me ?

Hey! I just got into the program! Can someone add me to the groupme?

Congrats on everyone who was accepted last week...Still waiting to hear something.

Reactions: 7 users
Still waiting to hear back as well !

Still waiting as well! It's hard to wait, but everything will work out. Let's keep having faith! God's got us!

Reactions: 5 users
^^^Yes, we‘re going to get in y’all. Just keep believing!

I just got accepted!!!!

can someone add me to the GroupMe!

Reactions: 5 users
Just got accepted. Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh! Glory to God!

Can someone please add me to the group me.