*******MCW Class of 2011*********

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyLuck

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Come out, come out wherever you are!

Members don't see this ad.

The 2011 thread has arrived! It sure took you guys long enough! We've been stuck in the MCW 2010 thread for 16 months. Anyways, let me be the first to offer congrats to all of you accepted to MCW for the coming school year. There are a bunch of posters from the classes of 2008 through 2010 that are happy to answer questions about MCW that any of you might have.

The 2011 thread has arrived! It sure took you guys long enough! We've been stuck in the MCW 2010 thread for 16 months. Anyways, let me be the first to offer congrats to all of you accepted to MCW for the coming school year. There are a bunch of posters from the classes of 2008 through 2010 that are happy to answer questions about MCW that any of you might have.

Welcome to all of you! Ask away! We'll make up good answers for you.

(Andy, it's our fault the 2010 lingered. Someone wanted to start a 2011 thread weeks ago and we warned them it would languish a while, which was certainly my experience in starting the 2010 thread early last year. But it's time. Yay! 2011!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone :)
I looked on both pages for a 2011 thread and didn't see one, so I figured what the heck, I'll start it. I can't wait to see it fill up, hopefully......:cool:

Whoa whoa whoa there. You 2011ers might be pretty nifty and all that, but I won't be padding my post count in this thread while leaving our record-setting 2010 thread to languish in obscurity. You folks want this student's advice, you bring it on over to 2010.

Oh, and I should mention that I am by far the most successful student in my class. That should entice any would-be gunners over to the 2010 thread.

Oh, and I should mention that I am by far the most successful student in my class. That should entice any would-be gunners over to the 2010 thread.

You're also the most attractive.

Whoa whoa whoa there. You 2011ers might be pretty nifty and all that, but I won't be padding my post count in this thread while leaving our record-setting 2010 thread to languish in obscurity. You folks want this student's advice, you bring it on over to 2010.

I'm not too concerned about post count, I mostly lurk/stalk. I'm much too lazy to be a gunner. Just ask Prowler.

Maybe I'll be the only 2011er to post here, but that's okay. I'm my only real friend anyway :( ha ha ha.

The 2011 thread couldn't wait until 2007? C'mon!

Congrats people.

Do you folks realize that the asterisks in this thread title are not even on either side? You'll never make it in medicine with such poor attention to detail. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not too concerned about post count, I mostly lurk/stalk. I'm much too lazy to be a gunner. Just ask Prowler.

Maybe I'll be the only 2011er to post here, but that's okay. I'm my only real friend anyway :( ha ha ha.
I didn't know you were friends with Sarah (insert common food item here)? I saw her at graduation, and we're playing phone tag now. She mentioned in her voicemail that she knew you were accepted.

hi all! congrats! i've been accepted to mcw, and i'm not sure if it'll be the one to win out (my family hopes so because i'm from the milwaukee area).

current students: are your families (parents) in the area? i think it would be hard to stay close to home and still put enough focus and time into medical school...what is your experience?

thanks! leah

hi all! congrats! i've been accepted to mcw, and i'm not sure if it'll be the one to win out (my family hopes so because i'm from the milwaukee area).

current students: are your families (parents) in the area? i think it would be hard to stay close to home and still put enough focus and time into medical school...what is your experience?

thanks! leah

No, my parents live in Hawaii. They like to visit Milwaukee, which makes it difficult to study when they're in town.

thanks! leah

My family is not here, but I've been in Milwaukee for about ten years and have a lot of friends here. I do see them now and then and they can be a distraction, but sometimes you NEED a distraction. It could be that if I were in a different state where I didn't know anybody, I'd study a bit more. But I'm certain I'd also be a lot more stressed. It's a tradeoff, and I like the choice I've made.

My family is not here, but I've been in Milwaukee for about ten years and have a lot of friends here. I do see them now and then and they can be a distraction, but sometimes you NEED a distraction. It could be that if I were in a different state where I didn't know anybody, I'd study a bit more. But I'm certain I'd also be a lot more stressed. It's a tradeoff, and I like the choice I've made.

Yes, distractions are definitely helpful.

Why are you awake right now?

thanks! leah

My parents live in Delafield, about 20 minutes from school. I haven't seen them any more often than how often I saw them when I was in college at Madison. As long as they understand that you're going to be very busy with school and they make an effort to not be overbearing, having your parents around can be a great thing. It's awesome to be able to swing by for a nice home-cooked dinner when you're too busy studying to cook for yourself.

It totally does. I liked it best when I was in Australia for 6 weeks. I was a day ahead. It was great.

I once went to the year 2015 with some crazy old inventor and he helped me save my future kids from going to prison.

Even weirder was that our time machine was a modified DMC DeLorean that we had hover-converted so it would fly like all the other cars of 2015. A lot of other crazy stuff happened to us with that DeLorean, but I'll save that for some other time.

I once went to the year 2015 with some crazy old inventor and he helped me save my future kids from going to prison.

Even weirder was that our time machine was a modified DMC DeLorean that we had hover-converted so it would fly like all the other cars of 2015. A lot of other crazy stuff happened to us with that DeLorean, but I'll save that for some other time.

Your DeLorean should meet my car. Its name is K.I.T.

Looking forward to starting next fall. Does each class at MCW have their own website maintained by someone or a group in the class?

Looking forward to starting next fall. Does each class at MCW have their own website maintained by someone or a group in the class?

None that I'm aware of. Never really seen a need for one, personally.

None that I'm aware of. Never really seen a need for one, personally.

Thanks. I wasn't sure because nobody talked about one. I've seen some pretty creative uses of a student sites, but it really depends on the class and whether or not they feel it is valuable.

Yes, distractions are definitely helpful.

Why are you awake right now?

I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to get out of bed for a while.

Hi MCW people! Just bumpin the thead :) We should have a party this summer before school starts.

hi everyone...anyone know where to start looking for apartments?? where do most mcw students live?? are there any apartments designated for mcw students??

hi everyone...anyone know where to start looking for apartments?? where do most mcw students live?? are there any apartments designated for mcw students??

There is lots of private housing walking distance from school. But these places arent advertised soo you gotta drive down the street and write down phone numbers. If you are looking for a complex, the reserve, normandy village, mayfair manor, tosa village and underwood station are pretty popular and are within a few miles of campus.

Yes, you should. Also, get all the dating and sex out of the way now because you're standards are too high to date somebody who is also in the class of 11.

:confused:

People make fun of West Allis for some reason. I haven't figured out why.

But West Allis is CHEAP! Just because it hosts the state fair is no reason to hate :p .

good thing i'm married :laugh:

NO!
But I am old.

Hey guys... Class of 2011 here.

Hi everyone, I am also 2011. So how are we supposed to go about finding people and places to live if we are from out of state?

Hi everyone, I am also 2011. So how are we supposed to go about finding people and places to live if we are from out of state?

you can start by searching online, but i think you'll ultimately have to make a trip out here to scope places out...when you do show up, check out the bulletin boards at school, because there are always a TON of ads up for places for rent.

I'm out of state too... no worries. I think the school sends a list of the students looking for roommates sometime in the spring/summer. I'm planning on heading to Milwaukee on my spring break to look at apartments and get a feel for the area.

I'm out of state too... no worries. I think the school sends a list of the students looking for roommates sometime in the spring/summer. I'm planning on heading to Milwaukee on my spring break to look at apartments and get a feel for the area.

Great idea. Make sure you print out detailed maps of the area around school. Wauwatosa streets take a week or two of driving around before you figure out what the heck's going on.

Also, lots of good places don't advertise their vacancies beyond a sign in the yard, so keep your eyes open for those. Agent Splat's advice about looking at the bulletin boards at school was on the money, too.

Great idea. Make sure you print out detailed maps of the area around school. Wauwatosa streets take a week or two of driving around before you figure out what the heck's going on.

Also, lots of good places don't advertise their vacancies beyond a sign in the yard, so keep your eyes open for those. Agent Splat's advice about looking at the bulletin boards at school was on the money, too.

Umm... I still haven't figured out Tosa... downtown's even worse. I can't drive downtown without getting lost somewhere. But then, I'm horrible with directions.

Hey guys, when do we start filling out the FAFSA and all that stuff?

Yep, as soon as you have your income taxes done for this year you'll have all the info you need for your FAFSA.

Yep, as soon as you have your income taxes done for this year you'll have all the info you need for your FAFSA.

I just got my W-2 forms in the mail. Time to get my taxes done I guess.

This FAFSA stuff is crazy. I never filled it out for my undergrad because it was so cheap. MCW tuition is crazy compared to the $6,000 per year I had to pay for undergrad. Oh well, I guess it's worth it to attend MCW.

And I thought this was the MCW 2011 class thread. What are all your other MCW classes doing in here? ;)

And I thought this was the MCW 2011 class thread. What are all your other MCW classes doing in here? ;)

We're being helpful. It's not at all that we're avoiding studying; oh, no. You need us.

Status
Not open for further replies.