MCPHS (Worcester) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the roll call for 2014/2015. Please post in the sticky thread or PM me your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).:)

I'm new here. Congrats to all accepted students. I submitted my application on feb 1 2011, is that too late? my gpa isnt that great its a 2.7. can any one advice me on my chances and did anyone get in with a 2.7 gpa? Thanks

Hi, I am a new member here. Is anyone interview in Feb. 1st get decision letter yet? I am waiting... getting nervous...

I'm new here. Congrats to all accepted students. I submitted my application on feb 1 2011, is that too late? my gpa isnt that great its a 2.7. can any one advice me on my chances and did anyone get in with a 2.7 gpa? Thanks

I cant really say what your chances are....I think you meet the min gpa for admissions panel to look over your appz. There factors that come into play volunteering, research, work experience just to name a few. Did you finish your last few semesters strong? I really dont know what they are lookin for, if anything the admissions panel to want interview applicants that can withstand the rigorous course loads at MCPHS. Good luck moving forward :thumbup:

As far as beeing too late, february 1st was the absolute last day you could apply. Since the school operates on rolling admissions, your application will be one of the last to be reviewed for a chance at an interview. Not impossible, but it would have been easier for you to get in with a 2.7 if you applied at the beginning of the cycle. Good luck to you.

U posted on another thread that your gpa is 2.5...Are u not sure of what your actual gpa is?

Hi Everyone! My interview is next Tuesday Feb 15th. I am both nervous and excited. Hopefully I will do well at the interview so that I can join the class of 2014 at MCPHS Worcester. Congrats to those who got accepted :)!

Members don't see this ad :)
My gpa is a 2.7. i made a mistake. do u have any advice for me?

it might b a bit tougher.. since you waited so late to complete and sumbit it... but i think you still have a chance.they look at other criterias too..hopefully those can appeal more to the admission panel.. it also depends on the application pool and how many seats they have left... :)

i only wanted a clarification. my only advise is to stay positive. the adcom knows what they want in their prospective students...if u dont get in this year, you could re-take some of the classes you didnt do so well, and improve upon your chances next year.

Just had my interview today. It was very laid back and went well, hopefully ill hear something back soon.

Just had my interview today. It was very laid back and went well, hopefully ill hear something back soon.
hey I had mine on 8th too?
what is you name? or where are you from?
I am from San Jose California

Just got my acceptance letter in the mail today:D lookin forward to meetin all of you

Hi!! I'm new to the network!! I applied to MCPHS in December and receive an invitation for an interview in Jan. My interview was scheduled for February but I had to rescheduled for an emergency oral surgery!! :-( Now my interview is in March. I was wondering what type of questions are asked in the interview and what are the essay topics?

:)
:D
I just got my acceptance letter today:)
after weeks of stress I finally got in. thanks to all those who helped me.
I have few other interviews around the country if I get to a better school in California and/or Utah I may not attend this one. ( I said it for those people who are in wait list)

go read the feedback section on this forum, the interview is very relaxing and easy, nothing to worry about. just be prepared to answer questions like why Pharmacy and why here? what have you done to get ready?

:)
:D
I just got my acceptance letter today:)
after weeks of stress I finally got in. thanks to all those who helped me.
I have few other interviews around the country if I get to a better school in California and/or Utah I may not attend this one. ( I said it for those people who are in wait list)

congrats...

go read the feedback section on this forum, the interview is very relaxing and easy, nothing to worry about. just be prepared to answer questions like why Pharmacy and why here? what have you done to get ready?
I've only researched the school's website to better acquaint myself with their vision and mission. I also have looked at the thread about possible questions they may ask to formulate a general idea of my response. Any other suggestions?

I've only researched the school's website to better acquaint myself with their vision and mission. I also have looked at the thread about possible questions they may ask to formulate a general idea of my response. Any other suggestions?

On-site essay is easy, there is nothing difficult about it. Pick a prompt that you think you can easily write a coherent structured essay with.

As for the interview, just prove to them that you're able to adapt to uncertainties and handle stress in their accelerated program through your broad experiences from work and extracurricular activities. Gluck :thumbup:

i see the mcphs has a worcester and manchester campus and i was wondering how they decide which students go where?

i see the mcphs has a worcester and manchester campus and i was wondering how they decide which students go where?

You choose the campus I believe in the supplemental....

you choose it on pharmcas, the primary application...:rolleyes:

Has anyone decided on where to live next year or have any input or advice? I like the convenience of the dorms but would probably rather live elsewhere.

Had my interview yesterday and it was very casual. I am somewhat worried because the faculty only asked me three questions... and I thought they would ask more than that. Should I be concerned about this? :confused:

Has anyone decided on where to live next year or have any input or advice? I like the convenience of the dorms but would probably rather live elsewhere.

i was thinking living on the dorms for the first year... and then looking for apartments around the school..

I am hoping to get an apartment close to the school. I am concern abt parking and I don't think the school or dorm has one.

I am just wondering if any of you is from Texas. I met a lady on my interview day (1/22/11) from texas. I will like to reconnect with u. so I can know ur plans for the upcoming semester. Thanks

if you get accepted into mcphs when do you have to send the deposit?

I got accepted!!!! I was wondering if any of you were looking for a roommate and wanted to stay on campus.

let me know!

Hello, I just recently joined this thread, because I was accepted for the incoming class of 2014! For those of you panicking about the interview...don't it's really laid back, just be honest and be yourself... I can't wait to meet everyone in the Fall! :)

Is anyone on here in the facebook group for the accepted class?

hey guys,

i got a letter from MCPHS worcester that I am on the waitlist. However, I never interviewed with the school. Is this an error or typical standard procedure and when people dont attend do I get interviewed?

hey guys,

i got a letter from MCPHS worcester that I am on the waitlist. However, I never interviewed with the school. Is this an error or typical standard procedure and when people dont attend do I get interviewed?

Yea, typical procedure. Then I believe you have to go for a wait-list interview next. I could be wrong, I read a similar situation, I just don't remember the post name.

Hello, I just recently joined this thread, because I was accepted for the incoming class of 2014! For those of you panicking about the interview...don't it's really laid back, just be honest and be yourself... I can't wait to meet everyone in the Fall! :)

congrats...:)

Yea, typical procedure. Then I believe you have to go for a wait-list interview next. I could be wrong, I read a similar situation, I just don't remember the post name.

is the interview waitlist a selected few applicants (30, 40?) or is it a lot more non-interviewed applicants?