MCPHS (Worcester) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is the interview waitlist a selected few applicants (30, 40?) or is it a lot more non-interviewed applicants?

Not sure...I suggest you call the admissions to answer your questions...give you peace of mind....good luck and keep us posted! :thumbup:

Hi guys,

I had a letter from mcphs today and I rejected!!:(
Does any one know a way to ask them for another interview
or to find out why they didn't accept me?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

Thanks

I'm sorry to hear that. My only suggestion would be to call them to ask if you can get some feedback.

Any1 knws how many seats left??? I m getting nervous.....

Hi guys,

Thanks

I got rejected also

I rejected after the interview, whatever it is could be about the interview which I thought that I did good. I probably call them, but any one who rejected called them already?

Hi guys !!! I submitted my application pretty late - Feb 1, 2011 ... feel really nervous... Do I have any chances ? :-(
Science GPA 3.4
Non science - 3.52
Math - 3.92
Had a higher GPA but my Post Bac degree killed it :)
English is my second language, I used to be a tutor of chemistry for 3 years, hospice volunteer for 1, was shadowing a pharmacist just 3 months :-(, research in neuroscience - 1 year, have 100s hours of rotation (wound care, cardio, psych, ...). I am also a full time mom.

Last edited:
Hi guys !!! I submitted my application pretty late - Feb 1, 2011 ... feel really nervous... Do I have any chances ? :-(
Science GPA 3.4
Non science - 3.52
Math - 3.92
English is my second language, I used to be a tutor of chemistry for 3 years, hospice volunteer for 1, was shadowing a pharmacist just 3 months :-(, research in neuroscience - 1 year, have 100s hours of rotation (wound care, cardio, psych, ...). I am also a full time mom.

Hi, you have a pretty strong application, this university takes students on rolling bases so if you had applied earlier I could have said you would be admitted %100. I am not sure how many seats they have left but they have admitted lots of people already. you still have chance though.
have you get an interview yet??
for those you got rejected the reason might be in your essay or the question they asked you. if you have more than two Ds in your transcript they usually reject you. but one D should be OK, I had a D in my transcript but I had a good reason for it. make sure you ask them questions when you do the interview. in the lobby when you are waiting for your interview socialize with other students, ask them questions they monitor you during those times.
good luck

Science GPA 3.4
Non science - 3.52
Math - 3.92

I would say you have a strong application for them, but since the school is on rolling admissions it might be harder to get in later in the application period. If seats are still available I'm sure you will get in if you do good on your interview. At the very least you could be waitlisted if the seats are full. People will withdrawal as the fall term gets closer, which waitlist people will take over. Best of luck...

I already scheduled an interview. I am really anxious because I submitted the sup. application on 2/1. It seems that they already admitted a lot of students for 2011.

However, one friend of mine who is attending MCPHS said that the accelerated program is really intense. She felt regretful after she had attended. If she had had another choice, she would have gone to a 4-year traditional school so that she wouldn't have crammed knowledge like this. Also, the rotation is selected randomly, so she had to travel about 50 miles in bad weather to do her rotation.

Members don't see this ad :)
No interview. Got a letter in the mail telling me I was not qualified
may you didn't finish your pre-req or your GPA wasn't high enough. they want a recommendation letter form a pharmacist if you don't have it they may reject you. or your courses wasn't in a 4 year accredit college in the US. or your personal essays weren't that good.

I already scheduled an interview. I am really anxious because I submitted the sup. application on 2/1. It seems that they already admitted a lot of students for 2011.

However, one friend of mine who is attending MCPHS said that the accelerated program is really intense. She felt regretful after she had attended. If she had had another choice, she would have gone to a 4-year traditional school so that she wouldn't have crammed knowledge like this. Also, the rotation is selected randomly, so she had to travel about 50 miles in bad weather to do her rotation.

May I ask you...When have you recieved your invitation ? When is your interview ? At this point, I just want to get any answers :) yes or no. I hate waiting.
I wish you the best of luck !!! :)

Do you know if they have interviews in April or May ?

Do you know if they have interviews in April or May ?

Yes, I spoke with the admissions office a few weeks ago and the lady had mentioned they usually conduct interviews through May. I am also awaiting a response as I submitted my pharmCAS and supplemental app on the February 1st deadline. Good luck!

received my acceptance letter today! i am so excited :laugh:

Science GPA 3.4
Non science - 3.52
Math - 3.92

You definitely have a chance.:thumbup: They do rolling admissions, but it's not gonna kill your chances. Your grades are right on par with what they are looking for. Good luck.

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I just scheduled an interview on March 15th (I know it's late). Does anyone know how many seats are left? What is my chance of getting in? cGPA 3.65, math 4.0, phys 4.0. biol 3.61, ochem 3.5, gen chem 3.0

May I ask you...When have you recieved your invitation ? When is your interview ? At this point, I just want to get any answers :) yes or no. I hate waiting.
I wish you the best of luck !!! :)
I received my invitation last Friday on 2/18. I scheduled the interview on Sat 3/19.

I agree with you on your point about the intensity of the program. I also have a couple of friends who are students there and they also wished they had attended somewhere else. I guess we might have this in mind and try to work harder than normal to succeed.

I rejected after the interview, whatever it is could be about the interview which I thought that I did good. I probably call them, but any one who rejected called them already?
Am sorry to hear that. I hope u get in next time, and I also hope you interviewed better than the English you just posted.

Hi guys,

Thanks

I got my rejection letter from them last week, too. I didn't even get a chance to interview. Call admissions and they'll patch you to an advisor to review your application.

In my case, I've been taking the science and math prereqs on a part-time basis over the past 2 years. I got C's and D's in science and math my first year of college (back in 2002...boy, did that come back to haunt me!) so even though I've been doing great in my classes (one B+, the rest A's), they were concerned whether I could keep up with their program. I just don't know what I could have done there. All my English and humanities prereqs were completed in undergrad. I planned on completing the science and math in one year but my #1 school required Biochem and that just threw my entire 1-year plan out the window.

Oh well. I didn't have my heart set on this school but it would have been nice to have gotten the opportunity to interview at least.

Add me if you said yes to being on the facebook page, Kenny Brennan

How long does it take Worcester to tell us if we are accepted or rejected after we go for an interview?
Also do they call us, email us , or inform us by regular mail?
it's with USPS.
and I had my interview on Feb 10th I got my letter on 15th and I am from California. they mailed it on 11th. so it's pretty fast. if you receive a big thick envelope it means you got it. you can also call the lady from desk and ask her if you are going to receive a good news or not? since she won't tell you if you accepted or not but she will say you will be happy:)

Anyone on the facebook group feel free to add me, Jim Guilbault, and/or PM me if you want to talk about the program, the school, etc.

Good luck to those on the waitlist and those who have interviews.

Is there anything special we have to do in order to join the facebook group? I clicked request to join but still not accepted in it. Thanks

Is there anything special we have to do in order to join the facebook group? I clicked request to join but still not accepted in it. Thanks

They will send you an invitation,

HI Everyone!!
Congrats to those who got in and good luck for those going for their interviews. I just got my acceptance letter last week and will be attending.. My dad went to MCPHS boston and so did my brother, so i guess I am just following along in their paths.. Does anyone know when they give you your rooming assignment..?

MCPHS gives priority consideration to those applicants who complete their courses at 4-year colleges...Has anyone here been accepted with majority of their pre-reqs taken at CC?

Hi sorry idk if im late in replying to this..I just got accepted to MCPHS last week, i took majority of my classes for pre pharmacy at a county college and then transferred to a university where i completed with bachelors..So i think it does matter but as long as you also did good in the university classes.. GOOD Luck : )

Hi sorry idk if im late in replying to this..I just got accepted to MCPHS last week, i took majority of my classes for pre pharmacy at a county college and then transferred to a university where i completed with bachelors..So i think it does matter but as long as you also did good in the university classes.. GOOD Luck : )

No problem....congrats on your acceptance!

yes , That's why I got rejection! well I had a C in English and they didn't have TOEFL result before my interview, which was 94/120 iBT! those are the reasons I failed to get in, but they told me to take English again and reapply for the next year.
thanks anyway, I am gonna work more on my English.

Does MCPHS-Worcestor require a background check? I'm trying to get things straightened out before I go interview.

They send you a background request after you get accepted.

I got accepted but I didnt get anything regarding background check yet!!
I got an envelope regarding amunization thou!

Hi everyone, I just got accepted yesterday. I can't wait to meet all of you!

I got accepted but I didnt get anything regarding background check yet!!
I got an envelope regarding amunization thou!

They send it by email. I think it comes a couple weeks after the immunization mail if I remember correctly.

I just declined my interview offer, hope someone gets it.

Cheers!

I declined my offer as well. I received my acceptance letter in November, but I have been accepted to a school closer to home (NC). After looking at the weather this winter in Mass, I just don't think I can make it. I HATE being cold. I am so glad that I am staying in NC. Good luck everyone!

Submitted Pharmcas and Supplemental on 2/1. Interviewed on 3/3 and received my acceptance letter on 3/12. I'm leaning towards declining so that's another seat for someone else

Last edited:
How do you join the facebook group for the accepted c/o 2014 MCPHS Worcester? I'm new to this forum thing! Can't wait to meet all of my classmates!!

Last edited:
I declined my interview offer, good luck to anyone still waiting...:)

They will request u to join, or someone in the group can add u in.