MCPHS (Worcester) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all! I just got an invite for an interview...I was wondering if one of you guys would be kind enough to give me any tips or advice...I am quite nervous...but I'm a New Yorker I should be fine...lol....j/k but seriously I'm nervous.
CONGRATSSSSSS!!

Be yourself! I was fortunate enough to interview at other schools before MCPHS, so I didn't do much preparation. If you haven't had many interviews, than you should probably practice in front of a mirror or find someone to do a mock interview for you. Practice makes close-to-perfect :D. Just relax, and don't talk too much. I heard a lot of people say that you should do more listening than speaking. But when do you speak, take your time to think before responding. Silence is okay! When I interviewed, I totally got stumped on a question but came up with a response later in the interview. Oh, and know your application.

Members don't see this ad.

I am on the waiting list but wasn't even offered an interview. If I am not offered an interview, does that mean that I will be rejected and need to reapply next year?
I believe you are on the waiting list for an interview. But ultimately, from what I understand, you must interview in order to be offered admission. Don't quote me on that though; you might want to call for clarification.

I am on the waiting list but wasn't even offered an interview. If I am not offered an interview, does that mean that I will be rejected and need to reapply next year?
Unless they specify they are waiting for your grades, I would treat a wait list with out an interview as a rejection. The list for the people who had an interview and waitlisted would have to be depleted for you to be offered an interview. It is also really late in the application cycle so your chances are slim.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Thanks, that's what I thought too.

If I reapply, should I ask for new letters of recommendation from different people?
I would ask different people if you feel they are able to write you stronger LOR than your previous writers.

I had an interview last Thursday 3/31 and received an acceptance letter today Mon 4/4. They said that I would know the result in 2 weeks, so that's really quick!

Hi all! I just got an invite for an interview...I was wondering if one of you guys would be kind enough to give me any tips or advice...I am quite nervous...but I'm a New Yorker I should be fine...lol....j/k but seriously I'm nervous.
They review your application package before they interview you, so make sure you go over your application. If you had a bad grade, they may ask you to explain the reason for that.

My interview started by writing an essay for 30 minutes. They gave me 5 topics, and I chose one to write about. Then, my interviewer gave me a tour. Finally, we stopped at her office and talked for about 30 minutes. She did a majority of speaking about herself and the school. I asked a lot of questions, so she took time to answer my questions and asked me only about 3 questions.

So, you should research school website, ask a lot of questions, and practice answering the questions in the interview feedback.

You should be fine because from the stats of the pharmCAS website I know that last year they interviewed 420 students and accepted 350 students, but only 225 students decided to attend.

Good luck with your interview!

Last edited:
thanks to all of you! and Congrats on your acceptance letter! :)

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum. I had an interview at MCPHS, Worcester and waiting to hear from them. My interview was on the 3/29. Do you know if they send their decision letters via priority mail?
Thanks!

Hi
Anyone here want to buy P1 books for the fall semester? leave me a message :)

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum. I had an interview at MCPHS, Worcester and waiting to hear from them. My interview was on the 3/29. Do you know if they send their decision letters via priority mail?
Thanks!

I had my interview December 2nd, tursday and recieved my acceptance letter following monday which i believe was 6th. Make sure u call them and ask them about ur status bcoz my friend got accepted and he didnt recieve his letter for like 2 weeks although they sent out the same day as mine...so he ended up calling BRIAN and he mailed him again through overnight shipping

I had my interview December 2nd, tursday and recieved my acceptance letter following monday which i believe was 6th. Make sure u call them and ask them about ur status bcoz my friend got accepted and he didnt recieve his letter for like 2 weeks although they sent out the same day as mine...so he ended up calling BRIAN and he mailed him again through overnight shipping

Thanks Yeitsme89! I got my acceptance letter a couple of days ago. The wait wasn't fun and I'm glad its over.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
have an interview soon but I am on the fence with regards to actually going as I am not sure if I am even qualified enough for admittance. I will not have a BS degree (which they seem to love), and I am finishing the requirements this semester. do you think I would even be offered an invitation prior to having these courses completed, or would they wait list me and wait for my spring grades to come through prior to making a decision. normally I would just go, but the cost of travel is around 700 for the flight alone. any input would be appreciated, thank you.

have an interview soon but I am on the fence with regards to actually going as I am not sure if I am even qualified enough for admittance. I will not have a BS degree (which they seem to love), and I am finishing the requirements this semester. do you think I would even be offered an invitation prior to having these courses completed, or would they wait list me and wait for my spring grades to come through prior to making a decision. normally I would just go, but the cost of travel is around 700 for the flight alone. any input would be appreciated, thank you.

You did get an invitation of an interview, so they do consider you qualified. I applied last year and had to fulfill 2 pre-req requirments. I was put on a waiting list because I applied really late. I was accepted but had to decline because I didn't finish my pre-reqs on time. So even if you're put a waiting list, chances are you'll get accepted if your interview goes well. They also increased their number of seats this year, so you have a better chance this year compared to if you had applied last year. Good luck.

I will be declining my acceptance, so good luck to those still waiting!

I just got my acceptance letter today :) . does anyone how much intern/rotation hours the school provides? i also got accepted to lecom (3 year program), but that school only provides 750 hours of rotation, and 1500 hours are required to apply for the pharmacist license in most states. so i will need to find an additional 750 intern hours on my own. will mcphs provide enough of hours of rotation or will i have to find additional hours on my own?

I just got my acceptance letter today :) . does anyone how much intern/rotation hours the school provides? i also got accepted to lecom (3 year program), but that school only provides 750 hours of rotation, and 1500 hours are required to apply for the pharmacist license in most states. so i will need to find an additional 750 intern hours on my own. will mcphs provide enough of hours of rotation or will i have to find additional hours on my own?

Congratz!! When was your interview?

pretty sure they cover ya, but regardless of that congratulations, it really is an amazing school, easily my number 1. hopefully I will hear from them soon.

Looks like this thread moves a lot more then the MCPHS Manchester Threads. I was accepted into the Manchester Campus. Any Manchester people here?

hi all

looking for a female roommate for fall 2011 at MCPHS Worcester

PM me if you're interested! thanks

MCPHS provides 1000 of 1500 intern hours.

Im a second year student attenting university in Canada, i was just wondering if i needed Calc part 1 AND calc part 2?

congrats to all that got in! :)

I am looking for a roommate for this upcoming fall 2011 semester. I
will be a P2 pharmacy student in the fall at MCPHS. The apartment is
at the Skymark Towers. I am a male non smoker and non drinker. Rent
is $575 for a 2 bedroom completely furnished apartment. Rent includes all utilities (except cable, internet and electricity) and parking. It is only a 10 minute walk to school. I have two kittens. I am looking for a non-smoker. Please let me know if you are interested. You can email me at [email protected] or PM me.

Just found this link for anyone interested, came across it when surfing the MCPHS website today.

http://www.mcphs.edu/orientation_WorMan/worcester/

It says (coming soon) for most of the items, but the FAQ says the orientation website usually goes live around June 5. Not sure if we will also get something in the mail or e-mail about this, but either way it looks like we will be getting some information in the next week or so as far as book list, sample schedule, etc.

Hey Future MCPHS Students!

Congrats on getting in! I'm looking to selling the first year (P1) textbooks. The books are in great condition and some are practically brand new. All the books cost me about $500 but I'm selling the whole bundle for $350 (obo) since I really don't need them anymore. If interested, send me a message. Here's a list of the books:

1- Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry Edition, 5th edition
2- Ansel's Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Drug Delivery, 9th edition
3- Concepts in Medical Physiology, 1st edition
4- Pharmaceutical Calculations, 13th edition
5- Understanding Health Policy, 5th edition
6-Intro to Public Health, 2nd edition

Thanks and enjoy the rest of the summer!

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't want to make a new thread. Can someone link me to the secondary app? (for the June 2011 app) I found one the schools website but it said something about transfer students and I'm a third year at uci applying for the first time to pharmacy so I don't think I'm a transfer lol. Thanks for the help
:)

Dont come to this school !! Im stuck here now but you don't have to be! even if it means u lose a year/deposit this school takes years of your lifespan. Its a dead town and a horrible school

I'm currently a P1 at MCPHS-Worcester campus. Just be prepared to work extremely hard, and you will be fine. The curriculum is challenging since it only lasts for 2 years and 10 months, which means no summer. Our summer semester finals are coming up in 2 weeks, then we have one month break depending on which block we are off. Anybody plans to live in 10 Lincoln Square hotel? I might see you there in September.

HellOoO... Does anyone knows: if we pay the tuition for MCPHS and get accepted by another school before classes starts can we get our money back if we switch to another pharmacy school.... Is the federal loan amount that we are paying for our tuition refundable before classes start (sept.1st).... ????

Hey guys!

I am currently going to school at MCPHS. If any of you guys are planning on getting an apartment at Skymark which is an 8 minute walk from MCPHS please email me.

They are offering $500 referral fee and I would be willing to split that money with you guys. So thats an easy $250!

Email me at [email protected]

Hi everyone!
Just be prepared to lose sleep! =) but then you get to meet awesome people like us here too! Hope to meet you guys soon.. Most of us are going to be there as peer mentors, so feel free to ask us questions and what you need to know. Looking forward to seeing you all on Sept 1st!
:love::love:

Dont come to this school !! Im stuck here now but you don't have to be! even if it means u lose a year/deposit this school takes years of your lifespan. Its a dead town and a horrible school

haha.. i totally agree! but too bad we are already here.. finished one year already.. might as well finish it all!

Hello
I have been assigned to Lincoln sq. Does anyone know anything about it? And is it bad not having a kitchen all year? Also how far from school is it? Thank you!

Hello
I have been assigned to Lincoln sq. Does anyone know anything about it? And is it bad not having a kitchen all year? Also how far from school is it? Thank you!
it's not that far from school.. walking distance.. takes about 5-10 min depending on how fast you walk. its nice to live at lincoln, but not having a kitchen does kind of kill you since you will have to buy food all the time or order out.

Last edited:
it's not that far from school.. walking distance.. takes about 5-10 min depending on how fast you walk. its nice to live at lincoln, but not having a kitchen does kind of kill you since you will have to buy food all the time or order out. (i mean you can cook illegally... =/ you didn't hear that from me)

Ok thank you! Do you know if we are allowed to bring our own fridge in? I know they give us a small one but can we bring in a bigger one do you know? Any other tips? Thanks!

Ok thank you! Do you know if we are allowed to bring our own fridge in? I know they give us a small one but can we bring in a bigger one do you know? Any other tips? Thanks!

nope.. whatever they have there is what you can have.. =/

Hello
DON'T GO TO LINCOLN SQ, THERE IS GOING TO BE A CONSTRUCTION OVER THERE. THEY HAD IT THIS SPRING AND IT WAS REALLY LOUD, YOU BETTER OFF CAMPUS OR 25 FOSTER. IF YOU CAN STILL DECLINE THE HOUSING I THINK YOU SHOULD. goodluck

plzzzz give some tips for interview :))