MCPHS (Worcester) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I decided to decline my acceptance, good luck to those still interviewing.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone on the facebook group feel free to add me, Kassem Dakdouk

hi guys!!! i am an international student and I just have my TOEFL score ready... do you guys know it is too late for me to be considered for the interview??? i submitted my supp. application on feb.1 and wonder how many seats left in the school.. please help me answer this question :(

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys!!! i am an international student and I just have my TOEFL score ready... do you guys know it is too late for me to be considered for the interview??? i submitted my supp. application on feb.1 and wonder how many seats left in the school.. please help me answer this question :(

I am in the same boat as you. I just had my TOEFL score ready last Friday. The MCPHS admission said I could hear back from them in 2 or 3 weeks. I am feeling so nervous now while I am waiting.... I read somewhere in this forum, some one said that the interview will be conducted till May. So I am sure you still have a chance. Good luck!

I am in the same boat as you. I just had my TOEFL score ready last Friday. The MCPHS admission said I could hear back from them in 2 or 3 weeks. I am feeling so nervous now while I am waiting.... I read somewhere in this forum, some one said that the interview will be conducted till May. So I am sure you still have a chance. Good luck!
do you know whether if it is difficult to get in because i dont have B.S degree?? will we receive a mail or email for interview invitation?? I am so nervous for waiting too

do you know whether if it is difficult to get in because i dont have B.S degree?? will we receive a mail or email for interview invitation?? I am so nervous for waiting too

You will receive a mail for interview invitation. I am not sure if it will be more difficult because you do not have a B.S degree. In the school page, it is said that a degree is not required but most accepted students have had or will have a degree. So I guess as long as your application is strong, a B.S degree will not be required. I have had a B.A degree in English from China.

They do prefer students with a B.S degree, but if you have 90+ credits with their core classes, I think they can overlook that.

They do prefer students with a B.S degree, but if you have 90+ credits with their core classes, I think they can overlook that.
do you know when is the last interview?? because I am international student and I just got my TOEFL score... is it too late for me???

Has anyone received an interview invite yet for the batch of pharmcas applications that were sent to Worcester on Monday, March 7? Thanks!

I believe the interview process runs through late April. As for your TOEFL score, I think you have to call them to make sure.

Interviewed last tuesday the 15th. Can anyone let me know how long before they send the decision? Through email or snail mail? Thank you :)

Interviewed 3/22 and got my acceptance letter today! :D

Interviewed last tuesday the 15th. Can anyone let me know how long before they send the decision? Through email or snail mail? Thank you :)
Can you tell me if you received email or mail for interview invitation? because I just submitted my TOEFL score for them 4 days ago. Is it too late for me or the interview is ended already??

Members don't see this ad :)
I received everything from MCPHS (interview invitation, acceptance letter) by mail. I live pretty close, so it takes about 2 days for things to get to my house. In terms of your TOEFL score, I would e-mail someone from the admissions department and ask!

I received everything from MCPHS (interview invitation, acceptance letter) by mail. I live pretty close, so it takes about 2 days for things to get to my house. In terms of your TOEFL score, I would e-mail someone from the admissions department and ask!
so you got interviewed one-by-one or in group?? were the questions tricky or they were just straight forward to getting know more about you??

Can you tell me if you received email or mail for interview invitation? because I just submitted my TOEFL score for them 4 days ago. Is it too late for me or the interview is ended already??

I received the invitation through email. Last year they ran interviews up till mid May, I believe... so you definitely still have a chance. I got the invitation about 2 weeks after submitting the supp app so give them about 2 weeks before calling or emailing them about the status of your app.

No mail for me today.... jzzz....

Interviewed 3/22 and got my acceptance letter today! :D

Congratz!!! that's quick :)

I called the lady at the the admission office and she told me that I should received something in the next few days b/c they mailed out a letter on the 22nd ..... :xf::xf::xf:

Interviewed on the 19th and received my acceptance exactly a week later, today (probably cause I'm in CA).... WOOOOOOt!!! yippeeeeeeee! Good luck all!! Can't wait to meet everyone in the Fall! :D:thumbup:

MCPHS Interview - Accepted!! :love:
UOP Interview - Waitlisted. :eek:
Touro Interview - Hold. :eek:
Pacific University - Rejected :confused:

Interviewed on the 19th and received my acceptance exactly a week later, today (probably cause I'm in CA).... WOOOOOOt!!! yippeeeeeeee! Good luck all!! Can't wait to meet everyone in the Fall! :D:thumbup:

congrats!! can i ask you few questions please??
because I just submitted my TOEFL score for them on Tues...do you think I still have a chance for interview invitation? i asked the admission assistant and she told me that there are still a small numbers available...
do you have a Bachelor degree??

Congratzzzz!!!!
just wonder what date was postmarked on your letter? I'm in CA too and they said they mailed something to me on the 22nd but I haven't received it yet .....:mad:

congrats!! can i ask you few questions please??
because I just submitted my TOEFL score for them on Tues...do you think I still have a chance for interview invitation? i asked the admission assistant and she told me that there are still a small numbers available...
do you have a Bachelor degree??
If they said there are still interview spots, then you should be fine. I do not have my bachelor's but will have it by the end of this semester :) Good luck!!

Congratzzzz!!!!
just wonder what date was postmarked on your letter? I'm in CA too and they said they mailed something to me on the 22nd but I haven't received it yet .....
:mad:
I don't have the packet that the letter came in with me right now but the letter itself is dated March 23rd. But no worries!!! You got this!

I don't have the packet that the letter came in with me right now but the letter itself is dated March 23rd. But no worries!!! You got this!

I see... thanks!!! Hopefully the letter will come on Monday then :) I'm positive b/c my interview went okay but the wait is killing me ....

Aww, I interviewed on the 19th and haven't received anything yet and I'm from California too!
Oh well. :mad:

Hello everyone!
This is my first post to this thread.
I did my interview on 9th march and got rejected 10 days later. I have a cGPA of 3.70 , and science and pre-pharmacy GPA of 3.95 from a Canadian univeristy. My Toefl is 101/120
The thing is that I found this school really unfriendly to internationals. I applied on august 2010 to this school. As a non-us graduate, they asked me to evaluate my grades then they told me that the labs should be mentioned in my transcript and they can not accept any letter directly sent by my school indicating that science courses are with lab so I need to find a way to redo my evaluation with my labs in that. After that they said oh as you are not US graduate we can not consider you as someone with BS so you still need to take 3 more pre-requisite and they introduce a community college in Worcester to me.
to cut a long story short, I got rejected after all these. i am just very sad that this college wasted 7 month of my life.
I also like to add that as my husband is a medical resident at Umass so this was the only school I applied. What a terrible stupid mistake.
good luck to you all.

Hello everyone!
I did my interview on 9th march and got rejected 10 days later. I have a cGPA of 3.70 , and science and pre-pharmacy GPA of 3.95 from a Canadian univeristy. My Toefl is 101/120
The thing is that I found this school really unfriendly to internationals. I applied on august 2010 to this school. As a non-us graduate, they asked me to evaluate my grades then they told me that the labs should be mentioned in my transcript and they can not accept any letter directly sent by my school indicating that science courses are with lab so I need to find a way to redo my evaluation with my labs in that. After that they said oh as you are not US graduate we can not consider you as someone with BS so you still need to take 3 more pre-requisite and they introduce a community college in Worcester to me.
to cut a long story short, I got rejected after all these. i am just very sad that this college wasted 7 month of my life.
I also like to add that as my husband is a medical resident at Umass so this was the only school I applied. What a terrible stupid mistake.
good luck to you all.

I am so so sorry about your application! Your story makes me worry as I am also applying as an international student. This is the only school that I applied. I am waiting to hear back about my application status now... getting so nervous!

Since you have worked so much to complete their requirement. Do you think it might be a good idea to apply again in the comming summer?

Anyway, you did so good in your course, I am sure you will be accepted somewhere, sooner or later.

I am so so sorry about your application! Your story makes me worry as I am also applying as an international student. This is the only school that I applied. I am waiting to hear back about my application status now... getting so nervous!

Since you have worked so much to complete their requirement. Do you think it might be a good idea to apply again in the comming summer?

Anyway, you did so good in your course, I am sure you will be accepted somewhere, sooner or later.
I am an international student too and I just submitted my TOEFL score to them a week ago....I am afraid that I will not have a chance for interview invitation...do you think I should contact admission office for my status??

I am an international student too and I just submitted my TOEFL score to them a week ago....I am afraid that I will not have a chance for interview invitation...do you think I should contact admission office for my status??

Yes, why not? Just call them and ask about your application status. I have called and asked them on 18th, they told me that I would hear back from them in 2 or 3 weeks.

I am sure they will mail you a letter and let you know about your status soon even if you don't call them.

I know it is hard to wait...but well, what else can we do?! I am waiting too.... hopefully I will hear back this week.

Good luck to we all!

Hello everyone!
good luck to you all.
Sorry to hear.. but you should definitely reapply. Don't give up!

Yes, sure why not? A very nice lady called Jessica colangelo( not sure about spelling) is out there to help you.

Hope you get a good news soon

Sorry to hear.. but you should definitely reapply. Don't give up!

Thank you for your message, but I am not willing to apply to this school anymore. Now, I am preparing myself for other options. Thanks anyway.

I wont reapply to this school at all :) But don't worry. what I forgot to mention in my first post is that I have another bachelor from my hometown with a bad Gpa so what they did, was that they sum up both degrees and they come up with a week cGPA. However, I graduated with a good Gpa from a big university with a big name in Canada.
I sent an email and asked about reason but they did not give me a clear response.
Basically, I am a shy and very quite person so I assume I did not impress them with my interview.
good luck

I wont reapply to this school at all :) But don't worry. what I forgot to mention in my first post is that I have another bachelor from my hometown with a bad Gpa so what they did, was that they sum up both degrees and they come up with a week cGPA. However, I graduated with a good Gpa from a big university with a big name in Canada.
I sent an email and asked about reason but they did not give me a clear response.
Basically, I am a shy and very quite person so I assume I did not impress them with my interview.
good luck

Thank you for your response and the share of your story. Actually I am also a shy and quite person in front of people I don't know as much. I don't understand why they would like people that talk so much. Sometimes I think those people talking too much are irritating.

I understand your unwilling to reapply to a school that gave you bad experience. I am sure you will find somewhere better soon. Don't let this bad experience ruin your day. It is their lose to miss you.

Thank you for your response and the share of your story. Actually I am also a shy and quite person in front of people I don't know as much. I don't understand why they would like people that talk so much. Sometimes I think those people talking too much are irritating.

I understand your unwilling to reapply to a school that gave you bad experience. I am sure you will find somewhere better soon. Don't let this bad experience ruin your day. It is their lose to miss you.
I don't know what Pharmacy is like in other countries, but in the U.S. Pharmacists are constantly talking to others. Insurance, nurses, doctors and most importantly, patients. I think it's vital to have good communication skills, especially if you have lives in your hands.

I don't know what Pharmacy is like in other countries, but in the U.S. Pharmacists are constantly talking to others. Insurance, nurses, doctors and most importantly, patients. I think it's vital to have good communication skills, especially if you have lives in your hands.

Yes. I asolutely agree with what you said. This kind of communication skills are required by the job.

What I mean was that quite does not always mean bad communication skills. Lots of people around are so talkative but full of ****, or sometimes they just want attention.

Well, anyway, that was not our main topic. Do not want to start an argument on this.

We just need some luck here.

You are totally right, but I don't think my communication skill is that bad. English is my third language, so...
What I mean by impressive interview is that I did not talk that much, and I answered whatever she asked me . And the funny part was that the whole interview was about my husband and what he does at Umass, and how the pharmacists influence him :) the Whole interview was non sense, and i was not the problem because the interviewer asked about him in each and every second. And the last question : So do you apply because of your husband? :)

You are totally right, but I don't think my communication skill is that bad. English is my third language, so...
What I mean by impressive interview is that I did not talk that much, and I answered whatever she asked me . And the funny part was that the whole interview was about my husband and what he does at Umass, and how the pharmacists influence him :) the Whole interview was non sense, and i was not the problem because the interviewer asked about him in each and every second. And the last question : So do you apply because of your husband? :)
Wow, really??? That does sound like nonsense.... How did your husband come up anyways?

so .. i was put on the waiting list.... sigh... and I thought that the interview went well... :(... now it's merely a waiting game....
does anyone know how people are picked off the list? I called Bryan and he just gave me general answer like keep them posted with my grades and they will review applications again when the cycle is over. They don't even rank waitlisted applicants.... I mean there are people who were put on the waitlist w/o an interview as well... how can they decide which ones to accept?

so .. i was put on the waiting list.... sigh... and I thought that the interview went well... :(... now it's merely a waiting game....
does anyone know how people are picked off the list? I called Bryan and he just gave me general answer like keep them posted with my grades and they will review applications again when the cycle is over. They don't even rank waitlisted applicants.... I mean there are people who were put on the waitlist w/o an interview as well... how can they decide which ones to accept?

So sorry to hear that. But at least they do not reject you. I think very soon I am going to hear back from them.... I am so nervous... waiting is bad.

You mentioned that they want yoj to keep them posted with your grades? Do you finish your prerequisites yet? If not, how many courses left? I still have one elective course in progress.

Good luck to we all!

I'm sorry to hear about the wait list, but like MABSU said, you weren't rejected and you still have a pretty good chance of being accepted into the class. I would keep them updated with all of your grades and stay optimistic. You already have an advantage over all other applicants who were put on the wait list and didn't receive an interview invitation.

I received an e-mail inviting me to join the Facebook group, and when I clicked the link it made me "request to join" the group. I must not have been accepted into the group yet because I still don't have access to the group. Is this normal?

Hello namtuoc, do you have any news yet? I email an advisor, she said I should be receiving decision notice in one week... I don't know how to prepare for this result that is on its way...

Do anybody know if they are still sending out invitation? Anybody accepted recently? When will be the end of this cycle? Thanks.

:D I received my acceptance letter today! I am such a lucky April fool :love:

I am going celebrate tonight, and tomorrow....:D

I'm sorry to hear about the wait list, but like MABSU said, you weren't rejected and you still have a pretty good chance of being accepted into the class. I would keep them updated with all of your grades and stay optimistic. You already have an advantage over all other applicants who were put on the wait list and didn't receive an interview invitation.

I received an e-mail inviting me to join the Facebook group, and when I clicked the link it made me "request to join" the group. I must not have been accepted into the group yet because I still don't have access to the group. Is this normal?

I got that email too, clicked to request to join the group but nothing. Maybe they're just busy? :confused:

I got that email too, clicked to request to join the group but nothing. Maybe they're just busy? :confused:

From the email it takes you to the group, and when you click request to join it usually takes them a few days to accept people into the group.

Hi all! I just got an invite for an interview...I was wondering if one of you guys would be kind enough to give me any tips or advice...I am quite nervous...but I'm a New Yorker I should be fine...lol....j/k but seriously I'm nervous.

Hi all! I just got an invite for an interview...I was wondering if one of you guys would be kind enough to give me any tips or advice...I am quite nervous...but I'm a New Yorker I should be fine...lol....j/k but seriously I'm nervous.

Although, I declined my interview, I was reading through the MCPHS-Wor interview feedback section to prepare for my upcoming interview. Congrats on your interview and good luck!

Last edited: