Matrix - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Idk man I'm just uncomfy
But Zenge says you're village (I think? @Zenge142 you did say PSV is village, right?) and he's usually right about that when I'm wrong I think?

Except that one time

@Zenge142 where are you at with your PSV read currently?

Similar to Sporty, dubz didn't talk about psv a ton herself for most of the game. PSV just kinda hovered near the bottom of dubz' POE.

These two posts of dubz prodding Zenge about his psv read, I think is a slightly townie look for PSV. Dubz prodding Zenge in this way sort of encourages a re-eval, and if Zenge has psv as town, this might prod him to reconsider that townread. It doesn't feel like a useful strategy if psv is her teammate.

Not really a strong case for v!psv, but it exists.

Members don't see this ad.

Doing that right now, by way of dubz spew.

Why is she a blind spot for you right now?
She’s always a blind spot for me.
I always find her play a level of sketchy and I’m not good at reading her.

I like PSV's overall reaction to pressure. It's not clearing, but understanding and accepting your position in the thread is kinda townie.

Also she seems to me like a lost townie this game, which while it probably isn't difficult to replicate that as a wolf, it doesn't seem like a viable strategy for a lone wolf at this juncture in the game.

Members don't see this ad :)
She’s always a blind spot for me.
I always find her play a level of sketchy and I’m not good at reading her.
I dunno if I've ever seen w!psv, do you know what that looks like, or does everything look like w!psv?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I'm not going to spend any effort solving outside of psv/sporty at this point. If we go to Day 6 and I'm still alive, I'll do more work, but if that happens I'd rather wait for the wolves to submit their kill so I have one less slot to worry about and research.

Also the town arguments for the other 4 are just far more compelling

Also, this Sport post came after dubz made her case for a Sporty/Gikkle team.

I don't really understand what case Sporty is waiting on here, but I don't have too much trouble seeing this as a tmi, where dubz told Sporty in wolfchat she was going to case sporty, dubz posted the case, and sporty posted this, not realizing dubz had already posted it.

It could mean something else, but idk what.
That sure is a stretch lol

I'm available for the next 4 hours, but am leaving town and will be unavailable the rest of the day.

AMA now and I will answer.

I guess you weren't "waiting" for a case, but you indicated that you were expecting a case from dubz.

@Achromatic
@Gikkle

I’ll take the same from you.
Town (ordered)

Clem - (semi) mech cleared, I'd consider insane tinfoil like mafia predicted being tracked n3, but given how much better Clem's overall tone has gotten I'm willing to dismiss the idea altogether.

Samac - actual reasons why you're town were made d2/d3 that I've sorta forgotten. What I do remember is that zenge said you visited no one n1, and given moonster was likely not PR (based on only visiting one person n2), it can be reasoned that you're not mafia bc you would have visited someone (either to track or block). But also you're just obvious town based on energy + mutually shared disgust at the idea of living till f3. Also iirc moonster specifically grouped you and dubz together in multiple of their reads lists (like dubz + samac) which is just very weird to do for two wolf partners.

SportPonies - I think SportPonies' content has been very solid since replacing in, but mostly, I just seriously don't see this slot fitting onto a Wildzoo/Moonster team. They both sat back and let Shinichi be tied for top wagon until 3 minutes till EoD despite Moonster being on borrowed time, and they both were willing to vote out Shinichi later on (EoD2 moonster put a vote on Shinichi, SoD3 Wildzoo seemed to be ready to vote on Shinichi). Is this a rock solid town case? No. I'd definitely do more in depth analysis if it got to f3, probably even earlier in f5. I think this slot is rn more likely town than the other 3, tho.

----

PoE (ordered - higher is more trustworthy)

Achromatic - I've made my case against em. I think they have scum equity. However, I won't deny that it's mostly my paranoia talking. I think his content as a whole HAS been townie (especially since they really tightened the PoE by clearing me so hard), and if I had to guess rn, I'd say the last wolf was in PSV/Marmot. But I also wouldn't be entirely surprised to see him flip wolf.

PSV - I remember liking their content whenever I've seen it. I don't actually remember very many specific things I liked/disliked, though. The only specific thing I remember is PSV ignoring the doctor claim EoD1 and not bothering to help save moonster. That doesn't grant them THAT many town points, but it's something I suppose.

Marmot - Pretty much a blank slate in my mind. Only thing I have against them is that they sorta for a brief moment looked like a wolf who was trying to appeal to town by basically going "oh I don't think anyone's wolfy, I have no PoE", so as to appear like they weren't desperate. Recent posts kind of do the opposite - going after SportPonies first is logical for wolves, bc they're gonna be the hardest to push in the long run most likely, as me and Achro are likely to live longest and we both don't think Sport is too likely to be a wolf compared to them & PSV. They then set it up so that if SportPonies flips town, I look worse? So kind of already setting up a push on me I suppose, although I'm not sure why they'd choose me instead of Achro, as the latter would in theory be a lot easier to push out. So there's some scum equity there, but there's also some questionable decisions if they are a wolf.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
SportPonies - I think SportPonies' content has been very solid since replacing in, but mostly, I just seriously don't see this slot fitting onto a Wildzoo/Moonster team. They both sat back and let Shinichi be tied for top wagon until 3 minutes till EoD despite Moonster being on borrowed time, and they both were willing to vote out Shinichi later on (EoD2 moonster put a vote on Shinichi, SoD3 Wildzoo seemed to be ready to vote on Shinichi). Is this a rock solid town case? No. I'd definitely do more in depth analysis if it got to f3, probably even earlier in f5. I think this slot is rn more likely town than the other 3, tho.
Coincidentally, you and PSV were players that pushed other slots at EOD1 when Shini was the top wagon

The argument that they let Shin get run up = Shini town makes sense. Although neither were pushing Shini specifically either on Day 1, so imo they could've been biding their time and waiting to see how things panned out.

Dubbz in particular was set up to vote Stagg or Zenge if it came to it.

Moonster was the claimed doctor who was going to be outed the next day anyway, and could've voted wherever the F they wanted at EOD without too much consequence on the team

The argument that dubz/moonster pushing Shini Day 2 makes them town I think makes less sense. Shini had presumably afk'd at this point, and so there wasn't much point in keeping the slot around

Members don't see this ad :)
PSV - I remember liking their content whenever I've seen it. I don't actually remember very many specific things I liked/disliked, though. The only specific thing I remember is PSV ignoring the doctor claim EoD1 and not bothering to help save moonster. That doesn't grant them THAT many town points, but it's something I suppose.
This is weird. In particular because psv did engage in some mech discussion later, and pushed a particular path for the thread to take in response to some mech information.

In this case though, I gathered it was because she was still catching up on the thread. She missed most of Day 1, and showed up with an hour left, so a lot of her posting was reading/responding to the rest of Day 1, not paying attention in real time.

Day 5 Yeet Tally
marmot (1) - samac 25
PSV (1) - Clem 5
Sporty (1) - marmot 17

3/7
yeet close in ~10 hours

Coincidentally, you and PSV were players that pushed other slots at EOD1 when Shini was the top wagon

The argument that they let Shin get run up = Shini town makes sense. Although neither were pushing Shini specifically either on Day 1, so imo they could've been biding their time and waiting to see how things panned out.

Dubbz in particular was set up to vote Stagg or Zenge if it came to it.

Moonster was the claimed doctor who was going to be outed the next day anyway, and could've voted wherever the F they wanted at EOD without too much consequence on the team

The argument that dubz/moonster pushing Shini Day 2 makes them town I think makes less sense. Shini had presumably afk'd at this point, and so there wasn't much point in keeping the slot around
So is sporty still your number 1?

Town (ordered)

Clem - (semi) mech cleared, I'd consider insane tinfoil like mafia predicted being tracked n3, but given how much better Clem's overall tone has gotten I'm willing to dismiss the idea altogether.

Samac - actual reasons why you're town were made d2/d3 that I've sorta forgotten. What I do remember is that zenge said you visited no one n1, and given moonster was likely not PR (based on only visiting one person n2), it can be reasoned that you're not mafia bc you would have visited someone (either to track or block). But also you're just obvious town based on energy + mutually shared disgust at the idea of living till f3. Also iirc moonster specifically grouped you and dubz together in multiple of their reads lists (like dubz + samac) which is just very weird to do for two wolf partners.

----

PoE (ordered - higher is more trustworthy)

Achromatic - I've made my case against em. I think they have scum equity. However, I won't deny that it's mostly my paranoia talking. I think his content as a whole HAS been townie (especially since they really tightened the PoE by clearing me so hard), and if I had to guess rn, I'd say the last wolf was in PSV/Marmot. But I also wouldn't be entirely surprised to see him flip wolf.

Marmot - Pretty much a blank slate in my mind. Only thing I have against them is that they sorta for a brief moment looked like a wolf who was trying to appeal to town by basically going "oh I don't think anyone's wolfy, I have no PoE", so as to appear like they weren't desperate. Recent posts kind of do the opposite - going after SportPonies first is logical for wolves, bc they're gonna be the hardest to push in the long run most likely, as me and Achro are likely to live longest and we both don't think Sport is too likely to be a wolf compared to them & PSV. They then set it up so that if SportPonies flips town, I look worse? So kind of already setting up a push on me I suppose, although I'm not sure why they'd choose me instead of Achro, as the latter would in theory be a lot easier to push out. So there's some scum equity there, but there's also some questionable decisions if they are a wolf.
The only thing I will say about the vote movement analysis is moon could have put shin into the lead d1 but chose not to. Then ended on them d2 when they were on borrowed time. D3 would be a time for them to distance.
But I do have to agree that 3 minutes to eod I think would be difficult for dubz to sit off the wagon and not save her teammate. So that’s why I’m not voting there today.

Can we get your reads list please?
I’m not really sure where I’m at because I haven’t thought about the game much the last couple days.

I’ll need to ISO on my computer.

I’d like to believe my gut read on PSV but I don’t remember what set me off with it. I’d also like to believe my gut read on marmot but clearly my reads are quite poor this game so I’m seriously doubting my abilities atp lol

I was not waiting for a case from dubz

I was waiting for PSV to come back and respond to me. I did not know she was at work.
The words you said were

"actually, I was gonna ignore this but I want to out it before Dubz makes her case."

If you weren't waiting for a case from dubz, then what does this mean?

I was not waiting for a case from dubz

I was waiting for PSV to come back and respond to me. I did not know she was at work.
I will also say, I revealed my desire to shoot psv when I did because I believed in a village!dubz world still, and since I was on the chopping block, I wasn’t really interested in being told I was sheeping her reads after she did whatever legwork she was going to do.

I’m not really sure where I’m at because I haven’t thought about the game much the last couple days.

I’ll need to ISO on my computer.

I’d like to believe my gut read on PSV but I don’t remember what set me off with it. I’d also like to believe my gut read on marmot but clearly my reads are quite poor this game so I’m seriously doubting my abilities atp lol
If you could do it as soon as possible to be able to discuss and get a good idea I’d appreciate it.

I will also say, I revealed my desire to shoot psv when I did because I believed in a village!dubz world still, and since I was on the chopping block, I wasn’t really interested in being told I was sheeping her reads after she did whatever legwork she was going to do.
She was doing legwork on PSV? I don’t remember that

Did she give the impression she was going to make a case on PSV? I'm still kinda confused by this

I'm resting and eating a breakfast sandwich so you are all unignored again for the moment. D1 moon/PSV stuff next but I don't think there's much there. And I know there isn't gonna be anything with mayo unfortunately.
This was after she cased me (my former self actually)

“I don’t think there’s going to be much there” reads kinda as “I’m making an effort but not gonna push this yeet” and I can see her doing that on a packmate.

Probably not gonna happen if I’m being honest, sorry. I work until 6.

But I am off tomorrow.
Okay.
This is why it’s hard to get a read on you sometimes. There’s been a few instances in the game where people have asked you direct questions and you don’t engage in real time so it’s hard to get a good beat on where you’re at organically and not spending a long time crafting and formulating.

“I don’t think there’s going to be much there” reads kinda as “I’m making an effort but not gonna push this yeet” and I can see her doing that on a packmate.
Unfortunately this is doing exactly what I was annoyed by, and I’m not reading PSV herself. Just dubz’s interactions with her.

I think the bolded statement here comes from a townie POV. Gikkle stating that Sporty as a hard push today seems a little surprising, given that I believe that nanook, psv, and myself all have her in our POE's. I think what this says is that Gikkle's a little more locked into his own reads and not the consensus, and I think a wolf would be a little more aware of the consensus.

Okay.
This is why it’s hard to get a read on you sometimes. There’s been a few instances in the game where people have asked you direct questions and you don’t engage in real time so it’s hard to get a good beat on where you’re at organically and not spending a long time crafting and formulating.
Unfortunately that’s how my life is 😅

I work 10-12 hour days and even if I do get home on time I don’t always have energy to drag out the thread when I get home and feed the animals and myself. It’s why I drifted away into the oblivion of retirement.

I do miss the game but I don’t miss having another responsibility after I get home.

• Care

Oooh.

I did see that post, but I interpreted as dubz going through moon spew one player at a time, and psv was just next on her list.

I don't think of that as making a case so much as doing research. But I can see where you're coming from now at least.

Unfortunately that’s how my life is 😅

I work 10-12 hour days and even if I do get home on time I don’t always have energy to drag out the thread when I get home and feed the animals and myself. It’s why I drifted away into the oblivion of retirement.

I do miss the game but I don’t miss having another responsibility after I get home.
I get that.
Can you give me an off the cuff reads list to get where your head is at?

Oooh.

I did see that post, but I interpreted as dubz going through moon spew one player at a time, and psv was just next on her list.

I don't think of that as making a case so much as doing research. But I can see where you're coming from now at least.
I read it the same way you did

Hey @samac something that has been tickling my brain

You said a few days ago that you had village read dubz for (I can’t remember your exact wording) a little thing. A technicality. I know it wasn’t those words but I can’t remember what you said.

You said you’d mention after the game

She’s dead now. Can you share with the class why you were village reading her?

Oooh.

No, I don’t think she was ACTUALLY making a case. I used poor phrasing

I’m saying she mentioned psv and seemed to preemptively be like “eh probs not useful” which just seems like a really easy way to interact with a packmate without actually interacting.

But of course she also said something similar about you, so

Hey @samac something that has been tickling my brain

You said a few days ago that you had village read dubz for (I can’t remember your exact wording) a little thing. A technicality. I know it wasn’t those words but I can’t remember what you said.

You said you’d mention after the game

She’s dead now. Can you share with the class why you were village reading her?
Oh I thought she softed a PR at me and was wrong.
I realized that and then set on her vote the moon day.

I get that.
Can you give me an off the cuff reads list to get where your head is at?
I was gonna say I’m basically where I was at last time I posted a readslist but eh. I’m not sure gikkle is actually high on my list based on posts after D2

So PSV and achrom. But I see the argument being made on marmot.

I was gonna say I’m basically where I was at last time I posted a readslist but eh. I’m not sure gikkle is actually high on my list based on posts after D2

So PSV and achrom. But I see the argument being made on marmot.
So would it be like
Clem
Me
Gimlet
Marmot
A grim
Psv

• Hmm