Materials for the BCSE and NAVLE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wahied0

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone needs study material for the BCSE and NAVLE you can inbox me

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 30 users
Hi- I’m new to this forum. I’m currently a small animal vet- I graduated in the UK and have been working here for 2 years. I am planning to move to the US and so need to complete ecfvg and navle, ideally sooner rather than later. According to navle guidelines I need to have completed the BCSE before I can apply. My question is this- realistically would 2 months be enough time for me to study for the BCSE? Especially given that I no longer work with large animals and so would need to study this more than the small animal side. Ideally I would like to complete the navle in April 2019 but this would mean doing the BCSE in January! Thankyou

Reactions: 1 user
Hi- I’m new to this forum. I’m currently a small animal vet- I graduated in the UK and have been working here for 2 years. I am planning to move to the US and so need to complete ecfvg and navle, ideally sooner rather than later. According to navle guidelines I need to have completed the BCSE before I can apply. My question is this- realistically would 2 months be enough time for me to study for the BCSE? Especially given that I no longer work with large animals and so would need to study this more than the small animal side. Ideally I would like to complete the navle in April 2019 but this would mean doing the BCSE in January! Thankyou

Hi, welcome, its up to you all depends in if you think you are prepare enough go ahead. I think you will need more time according to the others, all depends in how your timing are. I am still trying to pass the IELTS and studying for the BCSE at the same time.
I am planing to take the IELTS in January and after schedule the other.

2 months will not be enough especially if you have to work too. It might be easier for you though because you graduated recently. The main task is to get used to the exam format (multiple choices) and cover the top 10 diseases for most important species. You may need to but a prep material - most people prefer Zuku.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, welcome, its up to you all depends in if you think you are prepare enough go ahead. I think you will need more time according to the others, all depends in how your timing are. I am still trying to pass the IELTS and studying for the BCSE at the same time.
I am planing to take the IELTS in January and after schedule the other.

Why do you need IETLS?

Hi, I didnt pass the IELTS - I am applying again, but trying to study at the same time for the BCSE, I am using Vetprep because I pay already for it untill december but I after I will pay for Zuku and also they said that dvmprep is very good to for BCSE.
Keep trying!!
Hi Karen..hope you pass the IELTS this time around. Prepping for BCSE next year..utilizing Zuku for it

Hi Karen..hope you pass the IELTS this time around. Prepping for BCSE next year..utilizing Zuku for it
Same here! My exam date is January 4th, when are you planning to take the BCSE? I'm also studying mainly from Zuku plus other extra material that I have

Same here! My exam date is January 4th, when are you planning to take the BCSE? I'm also studying mainly from Zuku plus other extra material that I have

Hey, I will apply for it next year around June. I need more time and money to able to register.I am using Vetprep but its expire this year, so from next year I will pay for Zuku. Hope the best.

Hi! I just passed the TOEFL test, I am from Colombia and I want to start to study for the next tests, I did not know that I have to take BCSE and NAVLE can somebody explain me a little more about these test I thought that I just have to present the BCSE. I only have one year or less to pass all the test because my visa will expired.

Hi! I just passed the TOEFL test, I am from Colombia and I want to start to study for the next tests, I did not know that I have to take BCSE and NAVLE can somebody explain me a little more about these test I thought that I just have to present the BCSE. I only have one year or less to pass all the test because my visa will expired.

Hi, Congrats for passing the TOELF.
ECFVG are steps you need to do: first the english, after BCSE (Revalida), after NAVLE (license) and CPE (hands on )is the last step.

You can find all this here: https://www.avma.org/ProfessionalDevelopment/Education/Foreign/Pages/ECFVG-pp-steps.aspx

Good Luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Dana,
ECFVG certification takes time so,major advice is to not to put a time limit or you will be under real stress and will not succeed with your goals and will be huge disappointment which will have a long lasting effects emotionally .So, best thing to do is have a contingency plan in case there is a visa expiring situation. The reason i am saying this because only BCSE can be taken at any time but for CPE , The rumor is that 2019 test dates are already sold out as there is huge waiting list and only few slots are available for each test dates and where as in case of NAVLE They conduct only 2 times a year once in April ( last date for application feb -1) and again in Nov ( deadline appl july 31). Add to this, probably you are real good and can clear these exams in one shot, one needs to account for in case you have to retake any or all again.
I know ECFVG certification and licensing is not really hard . No disrespect but you put in time and effort you will get it done. However, timing is another thing which we can not control. So, please be conservative when comes to allocating time for certification and licensing.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi there, I just have a question about BSCE and NAVLE do I need to take both? I didn’t make my registration yet I just arrived to California a couple months ago, I’m a veterinarian from Colombia.
Thanks
Hiii Im from Colombia too. I am in Berkeley California would you like to talk? I just passed the TOEFL and I will start to study fot the BCSE my email is [email protected]

Hi Dana,
ECFVG certification takes time so,major advice is to not to put a time limit or you will be under real stress and will not succeed with your goals and will be huge disappointment which will have a long lasting effects emotionally .So, best thing to do is have a contingency plan in case there is a visa expiring situation. The reason i am saying this because only BCSE can be taken at any time but for CPE , The rumor is that 2019 test dates are already sold out as there is huge waiting list and only few slots are available for each test dates and where as in case of NAVLE They conduct only 2 times a year once in April ( last date for application feb -1) and again in Nov ( deadline appl july 31). Add to this, probably you are real good and can clear these exams in one shot, one needs to account for in case you have to retake any or all again.
I know ECFVG certification and licensing is not really hard . No disrespect but you put in time and effort you will get it done. However, timing is another thing which we can not control. So, please be conservative when comes to allocating time for certification and licensing.

Thank you for your tips, I have to start now to study but I really do not know where to start do you have any recommendation? I know about zoku and I have Merck manual, I do not want to start with Zoku I will like to start in like a month. Thank you

Hiii Im from Colombia too. I am in Berkeley California would you like to talk? I just passed the TOEFL and I will start to study fot the BCSE my email is [email protected]

Hey Dana! As you have mentioned, I too will be starting to prepare to take the BCSE. With that being said, I was wondering if you would want to create a study or perhaps I can join one you have already created. Let me know! Thanks in advance!

Hey Dana! As you have mentioned, I too will be starting to prepare to take the BCSE. With that being said, I was wondering if you would want to create a study or perhaps I can join one you have already created. Let me know! Thanks in advance!
Hey guys did you ended crating a study group? If so I would love to join!! My ema is [email protected]

Hey! I'm also for Colombia and just finished the TOEFL. Im preparing myself for the BCSE and I'm looking tips for studying. Please let me now if you want to start any group chat! or I can join into one!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! I'm also for Colombia and just finished the TOEFL. Im preparing myself for the BCSE and I'm looking tips for studying. Please let me now if you want to start any group chat! or I can join into one!

Hey guys I’m also studying for the bcse my test date is in November there are a few that want to start a study group if you’re interested send me an email at [email protected]

Reactions: 2 users
hi everyone, I would like to take the BCSE and NAVLE's , but i have a few questions....
1. The study material from the BCSE ( e.g Zuku) is it applicable for NAVLE ? or do i need a completely new but different materials?
2. What is the average time required need for exam prep in both instances
3. How do I access study material for both, or is there a study guide to be more efficiently prepared?

Hope to hear from someone soon. Really interested in making this happen!
Thanks in advance

Hello guys shall we form a discord or Whatsapp group for preparation ? Med students have lots of these type of groups for usmle as they are very helpful.

Good Morning
My name is Mohamed Elshafey, I am an Egyptian veterinarian and the founder of AVEC (American veterinary exam course) which have been offering preparation courses for the American, Canadian and Australian veterinary boards. for three years we have been offering our services exclusively in the Middle East.
Now we are trying to increase AVEC global reach, so I am creating a what's app group for all veterinarians trying to pass the board. In it I will post all necessary information about the three boards regarding registration and the nature of the exams. all information about our services will be posted in the group as well. if you are interested this is the link of the group.

• Hmm
Hi! Our school cancelled all of our clicinal rotations that were scheduled for this summer. Since none of us can really work/want to work since it’s risky due to this virus, we will have the entire summer free. I won’t be taking the NAVLE until next year, but I wanted to get a head start on studying for it and try to utilize the free time this summer. I have two questions:
-Is VetPrep better? I have heard the navle is more similar to questions from VetPrep.
-Also, can you buy one VetPrep and share it among your friends and that way share the cost? Like you have one person buy it, create one login and then share that login info with your friends and all split the cost so you don’t have to pay the entire amount yourself.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I am new to this forum.
I understand this was posted some time ago but would love some more info regarding this.
I am a SA vet UK graduate of 3 years. I am planning a move to the US. Would people advise paying for study material like VetPrep or just go on knowledge?

Thanks
Lawrence

If anyone needs study material for the BCSE and NAVLE you can inbox me
Hello, I can see that time has passed a lot since you posted. Would it be still available for me to get your help? I'm starting my studies on BCSE and desperately need help..