LMU C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I paid earlier this week and got a confirmation from the payment processor but other than that nothing, so I’ll reach out today and see next steps! Thanks!
Never mind just got a follow up email, spooky timing 😂

Members don't see this ad.

Was the email just confirming the deposit? I received that after paying for my seat but haven’t gotten anything else about enrollment
I got an email that has all the info background check/drug screening/vaccinations. I paid on Monday and just got it today

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email that has all the info background check/drug screening/vaccinations. I paid on Monday and just got it today

Hmm okay, I paid on the 1st and haven’t gotten anything so I will probably email them today. Did the email go to your LMU email or personal email?

i guess not today ?

Reactions: 1 user
another week of nothing from any of the remaining 4 schools i have to hear from …

Reactions: 5 users
Just declined my seat! Hoping for good news for some of you all!

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know if interviews are still going on? I emailed them early February and was told I was wait listed but it was never specified. This is my last school and I'm losing all hope

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed back in august and haven’t heard a peep. Confused on if they had their big wave of acceptances yet or not

i interviewed back in august and haven’t heard a peep. Confused on if they had their big wave of acceptances yet or not
I don’t think so, just the handful of early ones in December

Reactions: 1 users
There are 21 members (3 are admin) in the Fall 2028 facebook group- so going off that info i’m very hopeful that they have to send out another wave

Reactions: 2 users
Welp there goes another week

If there’s any current LMU students here, do you know if the actual bookstore on campus sells any CVM merch? Because I can’t find any merch/gear online and I want to rep some

If there’s any current LMU students here, do you know if the actual bookstore on campus sells any CVM merch? Because I can’t find any merch/gear online and I want to rep some
Not really. See if you can connect with a current student - almost all merch is sold by clubs. If you’re incoming, I recommend joining the Facebook groups.

I have emailed admissions like 4 times over the past 3 months and have YET to get a single response. This is getting very frustrating. I have been rejected from every other school and LMU is my last hope:bang:

I mainly find this incredibly odd because they are losing potential talent by applicants committing other places. As a new school, I’d think they’d want to be on the forefront of the admissions wave to entice them to choose LMU over others. Just my two cents :)

I mainly find this incredibly odd because they are losing potential talent by applicants committing other places. As a new school, I’d think they’d want to be on the forefront of the admissions wave to entice them to choose LMU over others. Just my two cents :)
Agreed! I applied to LMU early because they advertise being rolling admissions and encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible. I interviewed in the first week of October and since then not a peep or response to any of my emails asking for updates

Hi everyone. Current LMU student. My 2 cents on the wait for hearing back from LMU. The Dean is the one with the final say in who gets accepted. Not Admissions. Admissions committee makes their decisions to be passed on to the Dean to make the final decision. The Dean is a VERY BUSY PERSON. Especially these past 2 months. Hence why you probably haven’t heard back yet. Also admissions has been extremely busy as well.

With that being said, I know your stress, eagerness, and frustration with not just LMU, but the entire cycle may be impacting you. If you have interviewed and haven’t heard back, you are not rejected until you hear back. I was officially rejected from here by like the end of March, early April. Patience is key during the application process. I know it’s easier said than done (please trust me, I know. It took me 4 years to find the courage to apply and 3 cycles to get in). I high key recommend you keep yourself busy while you wait, not stalk SDN or Reddit. It will just make you feel worse than you may already do. Start a new hobby that would be cool to add to your application, volunteer, shadow at a clinic, gain more vet experience, take a vacation, retake courses. Do whatever you can to improve not just your application, but your mental health. I promise what’s for you will be for you. And if that includes getting into LMU or any other school, then that’s great! If it’s not, that’s okay too! This is proof of your resilience and the strive to keep pushing! I believe in every single one of you and know you will get into vet school. Whether it’s LMU or else where! Keep you head up high

Reactions: 8 users
They will continue sending acceptances until the class is full. I’m a current first year not at LMU but I did apply there last year. I heard pretty quickly about interviews and that I was accepted for the winter cohort because it was their first year running that. But I turned that down because I wasn’t prepared to move yet and wanted to hear from other schools before committing. Then it took A WHILE to hear I got accepted for fall. I kinda assumed I would just be accepted because I already was but I got stressed in the end and wasn’t sure. I think they do some “waves” but sometimes they will just stay no info until people turn them down then suddenly you hear. And that goes for if they have to do more interviews too

I have emailed admissions like 4 times over the past 3 months and have YET to get a single response. This is getting very frustrating. I have been rejected from every other school and LMU is my last hope:bang:

Agreed! I applied to LMU early because they advertise being rolling admissions and encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible. I interviewed in the first week of October and since then not a peep or response to any of my emails asking for updates
One: Are you emailing specific people or [email protected]?

Two: If neither of you have heard a response by email, I’d recommend calling. It maybe likely your emails are bouncing/failing to deliver.

Also girl, this is your last hope THIS CYCLE. If it’s not good news from LMU it is okay to be delayed a year or two. See dancingvet_loading’s comment. Took them three cycles and that’s after 4 years of prepping to apply. I took 2 or 3 years to feel ready to apply and took 2 years to get in. There are people who are almost 50 in my class and there are people who took 5 cycles of rejection. Keep trying. If this is really your calling, you will get it eventually. My first cycle I got 2 interviews, mostly rejections without interview, and two waitlists (one from a school everyone said if you got an interview you were basically guaranteed accepted so that hurt to be waitlisted). The other waitlist got to almost my number and that gave me hope. The next year I got 3 acceptances and 3 waitlists and was getting interviews right and left. Be kind to yourself. This is not an easy process. Trust me, there were a lot of tears from me and I’m generally a very calm, not high anxiety person.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how fast or slow the waitlist moves?
As far as I know no one should be waitlisted until close to the decision deadline because of how LMU works with their rolling admissions, but I’ve heard it’s unranked and moves relatively quickly

Last edited:
  • Wow
I’m so confused as to when they are going to release more decisions

I’m so confused as to when they are going to release more decisions
Maybe today's the day! They've seemed to like Tuesdays decision-wise this cycle. Probably grasping at straws, though.

• Sad
Wish they’d at least email the remaining applicants/interviewees with an update about anything

Reactions: 4 users
Are interviews even an option still? I’d think they’d be done conducting interviews at this point.

If this disorganization is how the interview process is, it kind of makes me wonder what being a student would be like…

Last edited:
I know it’s the busiest time of year for a lot of schools but every other school is releasing decisions and this happens every year lol

i wish they'd send an update email to the applicant pool, but perhaps they can't because everyone is in different priority stages due to the additional class each year, probably more applications than usual (just going by what every other school has said in update emails... ) and maybe staggering of some interviews because of the two start times. i am wondering if they are still sorting out and they won't have another big release of decisions because they had people apply for both classes between 2023-2024-and soon 2025. If you look at last year's thread and earlier on here, people are deferring or were initially, maybe the available seat # is smaller to begin with?

i'd love to hear any day now, too, but i have a feeling we won't see much activity until the april deadline, with possibly a few more acceptances here and there as people decline their seat at LMU.

in this instance i would *love* to be wrong, of course. like, tomorrow sounds great! :D

the email sent me a few weeks ago said they’re sending acceptances out up until the second week of april.

I feel like if a significant number of seats were filled there would be more people on the FB page. It's stayed steady at 21, so holding out hope more acceptances will come.

it’s weird that they’re telling people different things
I like the acceptances until April thing more ! lol.
I don’t think it’s intentional, I think their process is probably ambiguous to an extent and the dean makes the decisions as he or she sees fit, probably - I believe most schools operate this way?

In any case, hoping for acceptances very soon for all of us ! I’d love to go to LMU.

Clarification/food for thought.

Schools can't overextend offers, so there should come a point where the number of current offers out and students who've accepted equal the class size. For fall, that's 125 seats. Even if there's only a handful of people in the FB, that doesn't really prove where they're at on number of offers out atm.

Anyone who received an offer before the April deadline has until that date to decide.

After that date, anyone who didn't accept is considered a declined offer and the number of new acceptances should match the number of remaining seats.

Hows this relate and is it clarification or food for thought? I don't think LMU ever discusses how many seats are filled/outstanding at any point just like they won't disclose anything further than "waitlisted" when the waitlist is released. We're nearing the end of February and not all offers may be out or may be they are - but the answer would remain "offers are continuing" since anyone who denies their offer would result in new acceptances sent.

Schools can't control when folks accept/decline, and can't predict who will accept/decline. This is likely why LMU does not advertise hard dates since some folks will not give a decision until April (which is their right to do) but also why if someone gets an offer to a program and knows they do not want to attend or commit elsewhere it's good to decline other offers so others can hear sooner.

No news means you're still eligible for the fall class.

Reactions: 5 users
What does it mean if I haven’t heard anything from LMU since submitting my VMCAS.. I am assuming rejection since there’s been no contact for an interview or anything and it’s almost March but is there still a chance? I’ve tried emailing with no response

What does it mean if I haven’t heard anything from LMU since submitting my VMCAS.. I am assuming rejection since there’s been no contact for an interview or anything and it’s almost March but is there still a chance? I’ve tried emailing with no response
Same here

Current LMU student. My first cycle I didn’t hear anything from them until I received a rejection on Feb 15th. Unfortunately the school is well known for their ambiguous admissions process - but the school is amazing so far and every professor truly cares about your success and will go out of their way to help you.

Same here, ugh.