LMU C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It does seem like LMU has interviewed considerably more applicants than most other schools. My hopes aren't super high as someone who interviewed all the back in September, had all my prereqs done, and wasn't accepted to the Spring cohort to be honest. Like if they're conducting even more interviews the Fall pool has to be sizable

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
"Slightly ass backwards" made me exhale loudly through my nose
🫣tbh i just think it’s not fair to keep applicants waiting who interviewed in august like almost as if “we are waiting to see if better applicants apply and then we can decide if we want you” idk it feels ~icky~ to me but I’m also a pessimist lol

🫣tbh i just think it’s not fair to keep applicants waiting who interviewed in august like almost as if “we are waiting to see if better applicants apply and then we can decide if we want you” idk it feels ~icky~ to me but I’m also a pessimist lol

Ive been waiting since July. Would just like to know whats up or to be given a date that we can look to!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same, I’m acting like I do but I just want to know for sure whether I need to reapply

Same, I’m acting like I do but I just want to know for sure whether I need to reapply
i spoke with them last week over the phone because i had this exact concern. i interviewed in august. based on that convo, i am going to reapply for the spring 2025 cohort.

I’m honestly so afraid that they aren’t going to be sending more acceptances soon and have us wait. I’m from California so making that move last minute would be extremely hard.
i am with you on this. of course, a last minute acceptance is better than no acceptance at all, but i am really worried this will happen and it will be v. stressful w/ my kids/ pets

i spoke with them last week over the phone because i had this exact concern. i interviewed in august. based on that convo, i am going to reapply for the spring 2025 cohort.
Oh? Did they say something about chances being lower for people that interviewed back when, or just to act as if we were rejected regardless?

Those who have been accepted into the fall 2024 cohort - any problems setting up your LMU CVM account? I emailed the help desk but also wanted to ask here

I’m honestly so afraid that they aren’t going to be sending more acceptances soon and have us wait. I’m from California so making that move last minute would be extremely hard.
From California too, but itll be worth the trouble if we get an acceptance. Even if its the last week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just denied my fall seat for another program, hoping one of you hears good news soon and gets my spot <3

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year they sent out acceptances on Feb 7th which was a Tuesday and the first full week of Feb! Hopefully this year we will hear this Tuesday!!

Reactions: 6 users
Last year they sent out acceptances on Feb 7th which was a Tuesday and the first full week of Feb! Hopefully this year we will hear this Tuesday!!

I really hope so!

Reactions: 1 users
I need to hear something soon I’m going insane.

Nothing yet for me! Do they only send acceptances on Tuesdays? That seems like an odd day lol

Nothing yet for me! Do they only send acceptances on Tuesdays? That seems like an odd day lol
nope not just tuesdays! the last was on a Saturday weirdly enough. They sent a lot out on Tuesday for the spring cohort, though

it's probably a day or two after they have had a chance to meet as a committee I'd think? that may change from year to year.

has anyone received anything recently about visiting the campus? I have not.

nope not just tuesdays! the last was on a Saturday weirdly enough. They sent a lot out on Tuesday for the spring cohort, though

I received my spring cohort acceptance on a Friday this year, so it seems like any day now we could hear good news!

For those that had sent their transcripts, did you get a notification about if LMU has downloaded them? I had to send 2 since I took a class at a different institution. They downloaded one but the other hasn’t been downloaded yet. It was sent before the due date, so I don’t think it should affect me? Just wanted to see if anyone else may be experiencing this!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240206_183456_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240206_183456_Chrome.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: 1 users
Maybe today’s the day? 🤞

So how do admissions work for LMU? I’m kind of confused. I applied for fall, but will people who applied for spring get fall seats? Do they not have to notify everyone of their status (accepted, rejected, waitlisted) by April 15?

I had my acceptance for the spring seat on an early Thursday morning in November. I do not think there is a specific day of the week :)

So how do admissions work for LMU? I’m kind of confused. I applied for fall, but will people who applied for spring get fall seats? Do they not have to notify everyone of their status (accepted, rejected, waitlisted) by April 15?
LMU is rolling admission so they do not have to follow the april 15th deadline like the rest of the schools. Seems like in past years they have given decisions into April and may past that deadline

I dont understand why they wont give more detailed information. It has been the same message from them since July. Just discouraging.

Does anyone know when is typical to start hearing anything after you pay a seat deposit? TIA 😊

Does anyone know when is typical to start hearing anything after you pay a seat deposit? TIA 😊
Have you paid and not heard anything? If so, you might reach out to them and see. It likely depends.

I got an offer in December for Fall. In the email, we have to let them know of our decision by April 18.

Have you paid and not heard anything? If so, you might reach out to them and see. It likely depends.
I paid earlier this week and got a confirmation from the payment processor but other than that nothing, so I’ll reach out today and see next steps! Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user