LMU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
First time OOS and I just got an interview invitation šŸ˜­ Iā€™m so excited and happy! WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
First time OOS and I just got an interview invitation šŸ˜­ Iā€™m so excited and happy! WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT!
That's so exciting! When's your interview? Mine is this coming up Monday so I'm super nervous.

Congrats! Did you just get an interview invite, like they sent more out today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone toured or has been able to schedule a school tour ?

You didnā€™t hear this from me, but LMU was approved to have a 100 person class starting in January of 2023

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
You didnā€™t hear this from me, but LMU was approved to have a 100 person class starting in January of 2023
So, will they be offering current applicants to start in either January or August?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a first time OOS and I still haven't heard anything, be honest do we think its a bad sign?

I'm a first time OOS and I still haven't heard anything, be honest do we think its a bad sign?
Not many people heard, I also OOS and nothing, I think only denied is a bad sign.

Reactions: 2 users
Not at all. I just got my interview invite last week. They also just got approved for a January start class, meaning over 200 people will get acceptances this cycle. So theyā€™ll probably be sending out more interview invites soon

Reactions: 1 user
With this new class starting in January, do y'all think they will still send out early acceptances for the Fall class in Nov/Dec as they did in previous years?

I don't think it's necessarily a bad sign, I think it also depends on when you submitted your app and whether or not your applications was one of those that they had an issue with with regards to the supplemental (i.e. I knew that mine was one of those "problem" apps since I didn't get the submission email until after they had sent out the email talking about the problems they were facing). But LMU does it based on a rolling system according to multiple people on the APVMA page on FB.

With this new class starting in January, do y'all think they will still send out early acceptances for the Fall class in Nov/Dec as they did in previous years?
In the email I got today about it (I am interviewing in just a couple hours), they said "Due to the very short timeline, we are trying to prioritize those eligible and interested in January to be interviewed and reviewed by November 7."
But then they also say the interview and selection process will be the same for both cohorts. So I'm just going to assume early Nov, lol. As a non-trad student the January start is really tempting!

How are you guys accessing the portal? I'm having a hard time finding it

I also have my interview today! But I can not start in January due to personal reasons.

In the email I got today about it (I am interviewing in just a couple hours), they said "Due to the very short timeline, we are trying to prioritize those eligible and interested in January to be interviewed and reviewed by November 7."
But then they also say the interview and selection process will be the same for both cohorts. So I'm just going to assume early Nov, lol. As a non-trad student the January start is really tempting!
Do you have to choose one or the other or can you select both?

Were we given an option to select a preference for start time? I don't remember being given an option in the application.

Were we given an option to select a preference for start time? I don't remember being given an option in the application.
No, they sent a survey with that email today about preference - but the survey didn't work for me :/

Just finished my interview...I don't think it went as well as I hoped; I felt really rushed and nervous and don't think they were able to gauge me as a person at all based on the questions they asked.
I didnā€™t apply to LMU - but Iā€™m curious about what kind of questions they asked? If you donā€™t mind sharing (or can share).

On another note, Im sorry youā€™re bummed about the interview, you probably did better than you think!

I finished my interview a bit ago, and honestly felt pretty good about it. Faculty were all super nice and supportive and seemed receptive to my answers (I hope anyway lol). Very similar to Casper!! I used BeMo to prepare (videos on YouTube)

Just finished my interview...I don't think it went as well as I hoped; I felt really rushed and nervous and don't think they were able to gauge me as a person at all based on the questions they asked.
I'm sorry!! :( yeah honestly those questions really didn't allow much personality to shine through. imo it was moreso kind of like situational things in the profession and analysis rather than getting to know you. I'm sure you did much better than you think!!!

I'm sorry!! :( yeah honestly those questions really didn't allow much personality to shine through. imo it was moreso kind of like situational things in the profession and analysis rather than getting to know you. I'm sure you did much better than you think!!!
So do you think reviewing casper scenarios is good enough to prepare for the interview?

So do you think reviewing casper scenarios is good enough to prepare for the interview?
Imo yes- they helped a ton. I responded to their scenarios the same way- basically identified the problem, who's affected, solutions, other factors etc.

Im glad it went well for you! I just donā€™t get the point of us having to take the Casper exam if our interview is basically just like it. And what if the person interviewing us is biased to our answersā€¦ I feel like I shine in so many other ways hopefully they see that in the rest of my application.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys!! I was offered an interview today about 3 hours ago! Ngl, it was incredibly surreal because I was offered another interview an hour before this too! Anyways, hope everyone's interviews went well today! Any advice??

• Love
Has anyone gotten an email from LMU if you did your interview yesterday? I know they said they would but I just haven't seen anything yet.

Im glad it went well for you! I just donā€™t get the point of us having to take the Casper exam if our interview is basically just like it. And what if the person interviewing us is biased to our answersā€¦ I feel like I shine in so many other ways hopefully they see that in the rest of my application.
I completely get that and I kinda wondered that too. Honestly maybe it's just more of a "testing you under pressure" situation, or something. I honestly don't think they would be, they all seemed genuine so I really hope they evaluated you like everyone else :( did anything seem off at all to you?

Has anyone gotten an email from LMU if you did your interview yesterday? I know they said they would but I just haven't seen anything yet.

The admissions is extremely busy currently. They hopefully will get back to you soon. Itā€™s only a very small amount of people in admissions and I saw 1 today giving a tour.

I just want to make sure that I wasn't the only one who didn't get anything.

1st time OOS and just got my interview invite!! So excited! This will be my first interview of this cycle

This might be kind of a dumb question but they would email you with an interview invite, right? When I reread the casper verification email it kinda sounded like they would message through VMCAS or something lmao

This might be kind of a dumb question but they would email you with an interview invite, right? When I reread the casper verification email it kinda sounded like they would message through VMCAS or something lmao
Yes they will email you with an invite if you get one

Reactions: 1 user
is anyone thinking about putting yes for the January start date on the survey they sent us? I want to put yes, but also wonā€™t hear back from most schools until December :/

Will they let you know if you don't get an interview? I'm not feeling too good about it based on my stats.

is anyone thinking about putting yes for the January start date on the survey they sent us? I want to put yes, but also wonā€™t hear back from most schools until December :/
I said no for the January class because I'm taking my finally pre-req in the spring and also I already payed for my schooling for next semester.