LMU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok because I paid for it and have proof that I paid and if I remember right you couldn't submit the app with out paying.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok because I paid for it and have proof that I paid and if I remember right you couldn't submit the app with out paying.
Yes that’s correct. Theyre sending out additional emails about it so just be patient

I emailed them and I got it sorted out! Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea they just sent me my confirmation email last week that they received supplemental ! Does your guys supplement application portal say submitted, received, or under review?

Yea they just sent me my confirmation email last week that they received supplemental ! Does your guys supplement application portal say submitted, received, or under review?
I just checked and mine says under review!

Just know that they do not use the portal to update your progress past 'under review'. I know last year someone was asking if it changes when you get accepted and it does not.

Reactions: 1 users
It says under review. Like southerndogtor said it doesn't go past under review because I have been reading last years hopeful to see when the first interviews may go out.

Just got an interview invite! 1st time OOS. But, has anyone else who's been invited been having trouble accessing the scheduling link? I tried both links and they just give me an "Error 403 forbidden" page. Kinda stressed cause LMU is one of my top choices and want to schedule it asap!

• Love
I got an interview invite!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got an interview invite! 1st time OOS. But, has anyone else who's been invited been having trouble accessing the scheduling link? I tried both links and they just give me an "Error 403 forbidden" page. Kinda stressed cause LMU is one of my top choices and want to schedule it asap!
Disregard! Admissions just sent a message they're working to resolve it.

Congrats!! Do you mind me asking when you submitted your application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I also got an interview. When we're picking our interview date, there's a section at the bottom that says additional information, and the first question is an unfinished sentence and I'm confused about what answer we're supposed to put in the box, anyone know what to do?

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I also got an interview. When we're picking our interview date, there's a section at the bottom that says additional information, and the first question is an unfinished sentence and I'm confused about what answer we're supposed to put in the box, anyone know what to do?
I just put something along the lines of "I agree to the above terms" then my full name as a signature of sorts. I'm going to email them today to ensure that's fine, but I just wanted to get scheduled asap. It let me schedule just fine

Question- does anyone have access to the Pros/Cons google doc for each school???? I used to have it but now can't seem to find it :( TIA!

Also just got an OOS LMU MMI invite!

I just put something along the lines of "I agree to the above terms" then my full name as a signature of sorts. I'm going to email them today to ensure that's fine, but I just wanted to get scheduled asap. It let me schedule just fine
I did the same. What resources are you using for the interview? There isn’t much on here for LMU interviews.

Does LMU do rolling admissions, like they review apps that got submitted first and then keep reviewing apps and sending out invites to those first apps that they've received? Just curious because I think my app was one of those apps that they had trouble processing since my supplemental was submitted days after they released that email about having issues with the supplemental application.

Question- does anyone have access to the Pros/Cons google doc for each school???? I used to have it but now can't seem to find it :( TIA!

Also just got an OOS LMU MMI invite!
Also I think someone deleted the doc, as per someone on the FB page. ):

OOS interview invite!

OOS interview invite!! So exciting!!

Invite! Woohoo

How many interview invited are IS? I’m in IS and got an invite but it seems like most invited are OOS and this worries me lol.

How many interview invited are IS? I’m in IS and got an invite but it seems like most invited are OOS and this worries me lol.
Lincoln memorial doesn’t have OOS and IS. So there’s no difference

Reactions: 2 users
Is this the only day they send out interview invites? or is It rolling?

I did the same. What resources are you using for the interview? There isn’t much on here for LMU interviews.
I've found BeMo has good resources for it, they have videos on youtube and articles on their website (it's mostly just human medicine based but it's probably applicable, outside of stuff like euthanasia, rights vs welfare etc.). From what I've heard and read, it's apparently similar to Casper??? But not 100% on it. I'll probably have some of my professors and peers do practice scenarios with common questions to prepare.

They have rolling interviews. You can get an interview invite from now until February.
I am not sure if they did interviews the same way last year but I heard in 2020 they did 15 min short interviews where they basically asked CASPER-like questions so maybe they decided for students to take CASPER so they could do normal interviews? Im just confused because the email says the interview is an hour and 10 min

I am not sure if they did interviews the same way last year but I heard in 2020 they did 15 min short interviews where they basically asked CASPER-like questions so maybe they decided for students to take CASPER so they could do normal interviews? Im just confused because the email says the interview is an hour and 10 min
For my year they were only 15 minutes but we also took the Casper. Last year they went back to hour long interviews as well as casper.

@southerndogtor Do you have any interview tips for those of us who got interview invites? Like is the interview going to be Casper-like but with a veterinary spin on them or are they just going to be Casper-like questions or is it just like normal interview questions?

Did you all get an email about them receiving the supplemental? I have only gotten the VMCAS and Casper confirmation. My portal does say under review though. Should I email them about it?

Did you all get an email about them receiving the supplemental? I have only gotten the VMCAS and Casper confirmation. My portal does say under review though. Should I email them about it?
I got an email saying my VMCAS primary had been received and confirmed, and an email saying my Casper had been confirmed. The only email about the supplemental I got was about them addressing some issues with it. As long as yours says 100%, you should be all good. Last I checked, it's now open till 12/1.

They were having issues with the supplemental application system. It should say 100% on the home screen and I got a thank you for completing email. I had issues with it, so I emailed to confirm it was actually good after I got mine to “100%”. The admissions team is very nice if you do reach out :)

@southerndogtor Do you have any interview tips for those of us who got interview invites? Like is the interview going to be Casper-like but with a veterinary spin on them or are they just going to be Casper-like questions or is it just like normal interview questions?
For my year it was mostly situational questions but because they are going back to the old format I'm not sure if they will change it. The interviews are closed file so they don't know anything about you other than what you tell them during the interview.

Does anyone know why the APVMA Facebook page isn't allowing posts? They haven't approved any posts in a while and it's making me angry lol.

For my year it was mostly situational questions but because they are going back to the old format I'm not sure if they will change it. The interviews are closed file so they don't know anything about you other than what you tell them during the interview.
This is what the email says, "This year’s interviews will be a virtual (Zoom) multiple mini-interview format. It will consist of seven stations that last about 8 minutes each."

No idea why? Maybe the admin is away 🙄
because it's a huge resource for pre-vet people and allows them to have direct contact with other pre-vets so not allowing posts for weeks is weird since I've never seen it happen before.

because it's a huge resource for pre-vet people and allows them to have direct contact with other pre-vets so not allowing posts for weeks is weird since I've never seen it happen before.
yeah I check it everyday, it’s a little annoying because that’s where I go for support ☹️ Especially in the midst of the cycle

A bunch of posts were finally approved!

Last Casper before the deadline (9/13) scores were released today- scored 4th quartile.

Got 4th quartile!!

Got fourth quartile on Casper! Hope everyone else did good too! Wish we could see our actual scores though lol

I am bummed I got 1st quartile :confused: which is the same score I had last year. I really thought I prepared well and explained my thought process well, considering both sides of arguments, and showed empathy and equity. I felt really good about it this year 😵‍💫 Oh well...I know it's only a part of the application, but it's still frustrating.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I am bummed I got 1st quartile :confused: which is the same score I had last year. I really thought I prepared well and explained my thought process well, considering both sides of arguments, and showed empathy and equity. I felt really good about it this year 😵‍💫 Oh well...I know it's only a part of the application, but it's still frustrating.
This year was my first Casper test and I thought I did well explain my answers and show empathy. I also got the 1st quartile so I'm super nervous about that.

• Care
This year was my first Casper test and I thought I did well explain my answers and show empathy. I also got the 1st quartile so I'm super nervous about that.

I did the practice on the casper site twice & also watched YouTube videos with sample questions/answers. Not sure if it helped me or not.

Was pleasantly surprised to see that I had scored in the 4th quartile!!! Hoping it will at least slightly make up for all the family issues I had happen during undergrad that led to my lower GPA.