LMU c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone applying to the masters? I think it’s really awesome of them to use the info from VMCAS.
I applied and got a phone interview and acceptance in 2 weeks :) I think it’s a great alternative if vet school doesn’t work out this year. And yes I love how they transfer everything from VMCAS!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! Ive been secretly stalking this forum for awhile now, but wanted you guys to know I got accepted off the wait list yesterday morning! Don't give up hope quite yet, you have time! Hope to meet you guys soon!

Reactions: 7 users
I applied and got a phone interview and acceptance in 2 weeks :) I think it’s a great alternative if vet school doesn’t work out this year. And yes I love how they transfer everything from VMCAS!
Do you remember how long your personal statement was for the masters?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi All,

I’m actually a student at SGU currently, I applied to transfer to LMU and got accepted but I was accepted into your class for the spring semester. I am looking for some an insight from any previous students who might be active on here who either may have been in a similar situation or knows anyone who was. It’s been a back and forth decision for me because I will be set back a year so if anyone has any insight please send me a pm.

Thanks and congrats to everyone being accepted, I remember being in your same shoes last year. I have my fingers crossed so tightly for those waiting to get called off the waitlist!

Hoping for some good news this week :xf:

Reactions: 7 users
Any waitlisters hear anything today?!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm SO happy to finally post on this thread! I was accepted off the waitlist this morning! :soexcited: I will be withdrawing from my spot at Midwestern and placing my deposit for LMU today! Don't give up hope yet, everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
So today while I was working I got a call that said Cumberland Gap, TN. I freaked out and couldn't answer on time so I immediately called back and it was the lovely Pam reminding me the application deadline for the masters program. Nice one, LMU. I nearly died of a heart attack! :(

Reactions: 4 users
So today while I was working I got a call that said Cumberland Gap, TN. I freaked out and couldn't answer on time so I immediately called back and it was the lovely Pam reminding me the application deadline for the masters program. Nice one, LMU. I nearly died of a heart attack! :(
Why they gotta do you like that

@GhostCat your suspicions were definitely right about some accepted people not being on this forum lol

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My nightly routine whenever I pray for an email from LMU:

giphy.gif

@SoFlogirl93 I'll start taking off my tin foil hat since my conspriacy theories are coming true haha

Reactions: 6 users
Have any of you waitlisters been experiencing that anytime you call your parents or randomly get excited in front of your friends, everyone’s first reaction is, “You were accepted?!”. I can’t blame them, but it’s a cruel reminder of the waiting process haha.

Reactions: 5 users
If anyone wants to add me on Facebook so we can actually see what each of us are like( since hopefully we will be spending the next four years together), just message me your real name and I’ll send you a request!! :D

If anyone wants to add me on Facebook so we can actually see what each of us are like( since hopefully we will be spending the next four years together), just message me your real name and I’ll send you a request!! :D

Same! I don't have a facebook, but I would love to get to know people before classes start. I don't want to sit in a corner by myself listening to "One is the loneliest number" by the Beatles. :) Just message and I'll give anyone my number.

Last edited:
Same! I don't have a facebook, but I would love to get to know people before classes start. I don't want to sit in a corner by myself listening to "One is the loneliest number" by the Beatles. :) Just message and I'll give anyone my number.
Ah, don't worry about being alone;). In the past they've had a week long orientation session before class even starts with a cook out and ice breakers and stuff like that. Also, if you find your class facebook group/page, something we did in the past was put up a post about ourself and where we were from, what we like to do, ect. just as an introduction.

Has anyone emailed or called to check the status of the waitlist? Just wondering if they'll send out an update email like last year saying that the class was mostly filled. Trying to stay hopeful :xf:

Has anyone emailed or called to check the status of the waitlist? Just wondering if they'll send out an update email like last year saying that the class was mostly filled. Trying to stay hopeful :xf:

I haven’t but I feel like until they officially send out an email w a status update anyone who calls/emails will get very vague answers you know what I mean? It sucks but without an officially ranked waitlist like Iowa and a few other schools they’re prob not gonna end up telling you much

Called numerous times but no one is answering yesterday and today......!!!! Are they still around? Anyone knows when to call them???

for those of you who have committed to lmu-cvm -- there is another forum the is lmu-cvm class of 2022 where we can find roommates and info about where to live! (there is also a Facebook page too)

I guess things really slowed down in the admissions department huh...:(

Just got an email from LMU the class has been “mostly” filled.

I knew it :(

Yeah unfortunately you called it :( can’t say I’m not bummed but hey who knows maybe everyone else will take themselves off the waitlist and then it’ll just be us left hahaha

Welp...still have a sliver of hope.

"... the Class of 2022 is mostly filled... "

viewimage.php

Maybe it's time to hit the high road again y'all and find ways to improve my application for the 2019 cycle.

viewimage.php

Maybe it's time to hit the high road again y'all and find ways to improve my application for the 2019 cycle.
That cat is me right now going to get a margarita hahah

viewimage.php

I am dying. Seriously though, if you look at the forum from last year they sent out the same email last year and a bunch of people got called off the waitlist. Do not give up hope! I WILL braid your hair. You will look like the main character from "Vikings". It will be amazing. Hopefully everyone on here will still get in!

Reactions: 8 users
Here’s to hoping I get into their masters program

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an email from LMU the class has been “mostly” filled.
I got the same email. However, I was accepted to UF so I will be pulling myself off the waitlist. Wishing luck to those of you still waiting!!

Reactions: 13 users
So...what’s everyone’s plan B if vet school doesn’t work out?

So...what’s everyone’s plan B if vet school doesn’t work out?

I have a job interview at a Vet school in Virginia that includes a salary... SOOO, if that works out faster than LMU, than there will be a probablility that your boy will be retracting his seat. The other backup are internships.

But as far as I know, this is what it's feeling like when I put my applications in the job cannon and blast them off into Jobland:

kazna.gif

Reactions: 3 users
Haha y'all caught my blunder... BUT the LMU Vet School is located in Ewing, Virginia so

tenor.gif

Looks like it wasn't a blunder after all :cool:
The small animal clinical center is located in VA. The actual vet school is in the midst of getting built in harrogate haha just saying

Haha y'all caught my blunder... BUT the LMU Vet School is located in Ewing, Virginia so

tenor.gif

Looks like it wasn't a blunder after all :cool:
Main LMU campus is in TN soooo
But also if it was LMU preeeeetty sure you woulda just said Lmu ;) (but also idek what kind of jobs they’d have for non-students? Since there’s not a hospital?)

But also if it was LMU preeeeetty sure you woulda just said Lmu ;) (but also idek what kind of jobs they’d have for non-students? Since there’s not a hospital?)
There's actually a tech who's leaving in a couple of weeks to join this gf in rounds... So there very well may be a job opening I'm over here thinking, "Dang Ghost Cat. You've got the inside scoop, bro!"

Sent from my SM-S906L using SDN mobile

There's actually a tech who's leaving in a couple of weeks to join this gf in rounds... So there very well may be a job opening
emoji23.png
I'm over here thinking, "Dang Ghost Cat. You've got the inside scoop, bro!"

Sent from my SM-S906L using SDN mobile

Haha seems like I miscommunicated a lot. I meant, there was an animal husbandry position open at the Virginia Tech Vet school. There's no guarantee I get it, but if I do, there's more opportunity for me to get more animal experience that isn't limited to small animals!

I've just been looking for alternatives right now because these school loans ain't going to pay themselves haha

Haha seems like I miscommunicated a lot. I meant, there was an animal husbandry position open at the Virginia Tech Vet school. There's no guarantee I get it, but if I do, there's more opportunity for me to get more animal experience that isn't limited to small animals!

I've just been looking for alternatives right now because these school loans ain't going to pay themselves haha
Hoping for the best for you!!! Either getting in this year or getting the job at va tech!!

It’s depressing how quiet this forum is now :( hoping that May brings unexpected good news!! Gosh I’m like a hopeless romantic when it comes to vet school haha

Reactions: 10 users