LMU c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southpaw93

MWU c/o 2022
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I haven't seen a thread yet for this, so I figured I'd start one! LMU is my #1 school and I just received an email two days ago that my application is complete and under review! Here's hoping! :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I am applying to LMU as well... 3rd time applicant! Finishing up my application (whew!) Good luck to all! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
We are so close!! I really like LMU and was wondering if my low GPA makes it unlikely to get in? I had major health issues my junior year so I have a 3.03 although without that year I'd have closer to a 3.4 or 3.5. My GRE scores are good too- 310 total. I have a lot of experience, but I'm concerned because of my low GPA. I'm submitting my app tomorrow. Any idea when we will hear back about interviews? :)

Any idea when we will hear back about interviews? :)
LMU (at least last year) let people know about interviews a few weeks before their date. And they didn't have one set date where they offered everyone interviews, they sent emails starting in October and all the way through January or February for interviews. I got an email October 12th for a November 9th interview last year (which I had to reschedule because of two unrescheduleable exams that same day)

Hey guys I am currently a third year at LMU (and I love it!) , so if you have any questions feel free to ask!
Also if it helps on our schedule they actually have a few days marked off as perspective interview days, the first being October 23 :)

Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 2 users
What's the deal with asking if we're from an appalachian region? I just learned from this process that I technically am. Does LMU favor this in any way? I guess I'm just kind of confused

What's the deal with asking if we're from an appalachian region? I just learned from this process that I technically am. Does LMU favor this in any way? I guess I'm just kind of confused
My guess is it's probably for scholarship purposes and not admissions purposes.

I'm probably being that crazy person, but looking through all of the previous years threads, it looks like by this point they were sending out interview invites last year... Anyone know if anyone has heard back yet?

I'm probably being that crazy person, but looking through all of the previous years threads, it looks like by this point they were sending out interview invites last year... Anyone know if anyone has heard back yet?
I don't think anyone last year got an invite until a couple weeks after he cycle closed. Not sure if that's how it'll go this year again or not, but you could always email and ask.

Hello! I haven't seen a thread yet for this, so I figured I'd start one! LMU is my #1 school and I just received an email two days ago that my application is complete and under review! Here's hoping! :soexcited:
Good luck! When did you submit your application?

I got an invitation for an interview today. I'm beyond excited!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invite today too! :) Super excited! I submitted on 8/31, got an email saying my application was in review on 9/7, and got the interview invite today. Good luck to everyone !!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Reading this thread brings me back and gives me the same thrill of getting my interview invites. :) Good luck, everyone! You'll probably see me around once in a while, but as some of the regulars around here know, I like to disappear for like... a month at a time.

LMU is gorgeous, and if you like.... very.... very rural.... areas, you'll love it there! It was also like 60 degrees there in January when I went, and that was a super nice surprise as someone coming from north Illinois.

Just got an interview invite for 10/30 :)

Hello all! I submitted my application on 9/2 and I just got an interview invitation this morning :D

Interview 11/6!:soexcited::soexcited:So excited!

Congrats! My app was just verified this morning, hoping to hear back soon! :nailbiting:

Goodluck!! They got ahold of me really quickly, mine was just verified on Saturday. So fingers crossed for you that you get awesome news by the end of the week!

I got an interview this afternoon for November 6th:heckyeah:

Hi there! Is there anyone would received interviews that would be willing to share their stats? My application was marked completed last week and I'm so anxious!!

Hi there! Is there anyone would received interviews that would be willing to share their stats? My application was marked completed last week and I'm so anxious!!

Not sure how helpful comparison to my stuff will be because I have a slightly non-traditional background, having worked as a vet tech for several years and not going into this straight out of a biology undergrad, and having 7000+ hours of veterinary experience..
VMCAS calculated my overall science as 3.63

This is just copied from my post in 'What are my chances':

Prior Degrees: A.A.S. in Veterinary Technology [graduated 2011 & got my LVT license]
A.A.S. in Nursing [graduated 2014 & got my RN license]
Currently working on: Bachelors in Biology
Overall GPA:
-- from vet tech degree: graduated cum laude w/ 3.5
-- from nursing degree: graduated with program honors and cum laude w/ 3.76
-- Current Cum GPA at present school for my Bachelors: 3.94
-- last 45 credits: 3.72

GRE: 155V/154Q/4.0AW

-- Goodluck!! Hopefully you will get good news soon!

Cumulative GPA = 3.3
Science GPA = 3.4
GRE Anaytical = 162
GRE Math = 152
GRE Writing = 3.5

Hey all! New to SDN and was looking through threads for c/o 2022. Just thought I'd share that i have an interview on 10/23!! Good luck to everyone!!

Hi everyone! Would the lucky people with interviews please share when they submitted their app?? I submitted mine right on deadline, so trying to get an idea of how they are doing things!! Thanks and good luck:)

Hi everyone! Would the lucky people with interviews please share when they submitted their app?? I submitted mine right on deadline, so trying to get an idea of how they are doing things!! Thanks and good luck:)

I submitted my vmcas and supplemental for LMU Aug. 18, and received an email inviting me to interview by Aug. 25.

Last year, it largely seemed that they were sending interviews based on what they consider strong applicants first, as well as based on submission date. They very well could have changed it this time around, but there were some people in my interview group that submitted WAY early, and were in the last interview group with me (I submitted in late August and also had a relatively low cumulative GPA compared to many people- a 3.3 or something).

I submited my app on 9/8, verified on 9/18, and got an interview invite on 9/21

No problem! I submitted 8/31, got an email on 9/7 confirming that my application was complete, and got an interview invite on 9/15. Hope that helps :)

Hi everyone! I have my interview for the 30th of this month. I'll be flying from California, does anyone recommend or know the hotels or motels that are closest to the school? Thanks!

Hi everyone! I have my interview for the 30th of this month. I'll be flying from California, does anyone recommend or know the hotels or motels that are closest to the school? Thanks!

Middlesboro-Holiday Inn Express, Sleep Inn, Days Inn

Cumberland Gap-Cumberland Inn (not a chain, but nice! I stayed there when my landlord didn't have my house finished when I was moving between 1st and 2nd year)

Tazewell/New Tazewell also has a couple of motels/hotels, but they're farther.

Middlesboro-Holiday Inn Express, Sleep Inn, Days Inn

Cumberland Gap-Cumberland Inn (not a chain, but nice! I stayed there when my landlord didn't have my house finished when I was moving between 1st and 2nd year)

Tazewell/New Tazewell also has a couple of motels/hotels, but they're farther.
Thank you!!

My interview date is 11/17. I'm coming from FL.
Would you mind sharing when you got the confirmation email that your application was complete and ready to review? Just trying to get an idea on their timeline :)

Eeeek! My interview is in a week! Currently starting to freak haha

Sent from my KIW-L24 using SDN mobile

Anyone coming for the October 23rd interview I will see you there! I'm a student ambassador and excited to meet everyone

Anyone coming for the October 23rd interview I will see you there! I'm a student ambassador and excited to meet everyone
I'm nervous for the interview! are you able to provide any insight as what to expect..?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using SDN mobile

first year here. i know how awful this process can make one feel. i was in your shoes this time last year. if you have questions or whatever, hit me up via pm. it's not like you can literally will yourself into medical school, but my advice is pretend like you can. then give yourself a break. and see what happens.

I'm a first year at Oregon St CVM, but I was accepted to LMU CVM last cycle. Good luck to everyone with interviews and those of you waiting to hear! LMU was my most positive interview experience. The faculty and students will really do their best to make you feel comfortable the day of interviews. Don't stress! Just review your experiences, practice some interview questions, dress professionally, and go in with a smile and some confidence. You all will do great! :D

I haven't heard anything yet :( my gpa is lower than average but I have a high GRE and a lot of experience. I'm hoping I'll get an interview

I haven't heard anything yet :(

I feel ya, I'm starting to get a little worried about not hearing anything. Buttt... I submitted towards the tail end and was not verified until 9/27 so really I should just be patient. Easier said than done!