LMU c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if they are done making calls?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they are ONLY calling those who are accepting. The rest of the potential candidates with receive an email regarding their status.

Also, those that are planning on declining LMU for another school, please do it ASAP and don't wait for the last minute.

I hope this doesn't come across as rude (please know it's not my intention), but I wouldn't necessarily tell others to rush their decision. I know it's challenging for those who may be waitlisted but everyone has until April 17th to make a decision and they shouldn't consider pressure from those waiting to hear as a factor. Veterinary school is such a huge time/monetary commitment, the decision making process should not be rushed at all.

Reactions: 11 users
I hope this doesn't come across as rude (please know it's not my intention), but I wouldn't necessarily tell others to rush their decision. I know it's challenging for those who may be waitlisted but everyone has until April 17th to make a decision and they shouldn't consider pressure from those waiting to hear as a factor. Veterinary school is such a huge time/monetary commitment, the decision making process should not be rushed at all.

Ignore him. He was trolling the VA-MD page calling several members rude and vulgar names, and quite obviously trolling/seeking attention with inflammatory remarks. Not sure how he didn't get banned.

Reactions: 6 users
Ignore him. He was trolling the VA-MD page calling several members rude and vulgar names, and quite obviously trolling/seeking attention with inflammatory remarks. Not sure how he didn't get banned.

Oooh my. How did I miss that **** show?

Reactions: 4 users
Oooh my. How did I miss that **** show?
it was amusing to say the least.
gw-itcrowdmosspopcorn.gif

Reactions: 4 users
For those of you getting calls, are they emailing you too? I won't have my phone next week because I'm leaving the country for spring break and am worried I will miss the call

For those of you getting calls, are they emailing you too? I won't have my phone next week because I'm leaving the country for spring break and am worried I will miss the call
after the acceptance call, I also got an email within the same week, and they send you an acceptance packet in the mail.

Reactions: 1 users
I declined my acceptance to LMU today for another school. Best of luck to those still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
My son is the applicant ... and he is very "zen" about the whole thing... I on the other hand am dying!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You think they are going alphabetical? If so everyone who has gotten accepted can you post the first letter of your last name?

Anyone gotten a call today?

I think it might be GPA or something because the two people that posted stats had an extremely high GPA. So maybe there are working their way down? I have a 3.3 and a subpar GRE but I'm hoping that my interview went as well as I thought it did. Of course I am basing this theory off of two people but maybe if more people post....

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I think it might be GPA or something because the two people that posted stats had an extremely high GPA. So maybe there are working their way down? I have a 3.3 and a subpar GRE but I'm hoping that my interview went as well as I thought it did. Of course I am basing this theory off of two people but maybe if more people post....

Good point, they might not call everyone either. I don't think everyone who was accepted last year got a call (looking through last years thread).

Good point, they might not call everyone either. I don't think everyone who was accepted last year got a call (looking through last years thread).
No it was taking too long last year to call everyone so not everyone got a call. A ton of acceptances were done just through snail mail

No it was taking too long last year to call everyone so not everyone got a call. A ton of acceptances were done just through snail mail

Snail mail... oh Lord ...

NEgative - I have subpar GRE scores and got a call.

NEgative - I have subpar GRE scores and got a call.
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your experience as far as working with the animals? I know I talked to quite a few people that had gone abroad to work with animals. I wish I would have had that opportunity..anywho congrats again! Crossing my fingers that I will be able to join you in the upcoming class at LMU if that is the school you end up choosing! :)

Anyone brave enough to call and find out the status on calls?

Anyone brave enough to call and find out the status on calls?
I emailed and received a pretty vague response. "Everyone will receive a decision within the next couple of weeks..."etc etc. So I'm guessing they are trying to give it a little time for people that have been accepted, to decline or officially accept the acceptance, before they send out the wait-listed and the rejected. Although, I'm sure they will still be making phone calls and/or sending out acceptance letters via snail mail on into next week at the very least. I know that they accepted the people with high stats all the way around first, or the ones that at least had lots of experience combined with decent stats. My guess is those people will receive multiple acceptances and some may end up declining the LMU acceptance for a top choice pick. We also have to throw in the fact that they interviewed quite a few more people than they have in the past. This is just my thoughts..I could be completely wrong. Good luck to all in the next couple of weeks!

Reactions: 5 users
I emailed and received a pretty vague response. "Everyone will receive a decision within the next couple of weeks..."etc etc. So I'm guessing they are trying to give it a little time for people that have been accepted, to decline or officially accept the acceptance, before they send out the wait-listed and the rejected. Although, I'm sure they will still be making phone calls and/or sending out acceptance letters via snail mail on into next week at the very least. I know that they accepted the people with high stats all the way around first, or the ones that at least had lots of experience combined with decent stats. My guess is those people will receive multiple acceptances and some may end up declining the LMU acceptance for a top choice pick. We also have to throw in the fact that they interviewed quite a few more people than they have in the past. This is just my thoughts..I could be completely wrong. Good luck to all in the next couple of weeks!

You are the best, thank you so much for reaching out to them!

Plus, if they catch the applicants on the phone, they can ask if they've already decided to attend another school. Some people have already heard back from the bigger state schools and may be more interested in attending those. That way, they can confirm those people aren't interested and shift the accepted/alternate pool a little faster.

Plus, if they catch the applicants on the phone, they can ask if they've already decided to attend another school. Some people have already heard back from the bigger state schools and may be more interested in attending those. That way, they can confirm those people aren't interested and shift the accepted/alternate pool a little faster.

Absolutely not - I was never asked where else I applied nor if I had taken a seat somewhere else. Per AAVMC policy, students must give a written response of all decisions.

Sorry for the harshness - I just dont want folks to get the impression that this is happening when in fact its not.

Last edited:
Sorry It was just a thought. I remember when I was waiting for my application to be reviewed they called and asked if I would be interested in attending an interview and such. I don't think they really take it into account, maybe just as feedback from applicants on the process. And I know legally everything has to be in writing which makes sense.

I work for my undergrad admissions office and we sometimes ask people why they chose another school if they declined admission, just to see what factors applicants are looking for when they want to transfer. People are usually pretty open with telling us. I was thinking more along those lines. I know it sounded a little different than what I meant. No intention of confusing anyone!

Reactions: 2 users
i was under the impression that maybe they are going through the interview dates and accepting ppl that way in order.. just from seeing the accepted students on here and when they interviewed, I thought I was noticing a pattern. maybe not though

i was under the impression that maybe they are going through the interview dates and accepting ppl that way in order.. just from seeing the accepted students on here and when they interviewed, I thought I was noticing a pattern. maybe not though
That is possible. My friend got accepted a couple days ago and she interviewed on Nov. 21st (or whatever date the late-November interview day was).

That is possible. My friend got accepted a couple days ago and she interviewed on Nov. 21st (or whatever date the late-November interview day was).
Someone from the 2/3 interview was accepted though

I hope that's not the case...I interviewed early and haven't heard anything. Now I'm nervous!

Is anyone still waiting to hear from other schools too?

When I interviewed, they said everyone would know by 15 March. Do you think this is still the case? This is the most stressful thing.

When I interviewed, they said everyone would know by 15 March. Do you think this is still the case? This is the most stressful thing.

Oh God that is so much longer to wait.... why is this process so stressful? lol

March 15th?!! I feel like the closer it gets to time, the less likely it'll be that I'm accepted.. :( Has anyone received a call in the last couple of days? I felt like they would definitely call people today since it's Friday.

March 15th?!! I feel like the closer it gets to time, the less likely it'll be that I'm accepted.. :( Has anyone received a call in the last couple of days? I felt like they would definitely call people today since it's Friday.
I think it is super weird no one has posted about an acceptance call for a little while.

Idk about the last two days but historically they're known to call on Fridays and the weekend so maybe this weekend who knows

Idk about the last two days but historically they're known to call on Fridays and the weekend so maybe this weekend who knows

*fingers crossed*

side note- why is :spam: a thing?

I love spam! Not the actual thing but posting a picture of spam as a joke to people hahah

Hahaha I can appreciate that!

So last year it looks like final decisions were sent out on March 2nd- so I had high hopes for this week... But I think they only interviewed like 400 people last year.

Spam! I love spam tbh..:whistle: But yes..fingers crossed for calls this weekend!!

So last year it looks like final decisions were sent out on March 2nd- so I had high hopes for this week... But I think they only interviewed like 400 people last year.
yeah i think they in total interviewed 400 people. They also started calling a lot sooner last year ( i believe like Feb 25th) so they're behind the schedule they had last year by a bit. It looks like they called a bunch of acceptances, then ran out of time and sent letters and once letters were out, emailed about waitlists and denials sooooo finger's crossed over the next week we should know haha

I emailed yesterday or the day before and she said everyone would receive a decision in a couple of weeks..so I figure "everyone" means the wait-listed and rejected since they get out acceptances first. That is why I get even more nervous with the passing days! I really do not want to be rejected..at least wait-listed means there's a possibility, even if it is small.

I emailed yesterday or the day before and she said everyone would receive a decision in a couple of weeks..so I figure "everyone" means the wait-listed and rejected since they get out acceptances first. That is why I get even more nervous with the passing days! I really do not want to be rejected..at least wait-listed means there's a possibility, even if it is small.
It took them over a week or two to try and make most of the calls last year so I'm not too nervous yet. I definitely would appreciate an acceptance right off the bat rather than be waitlisted hahaha *fingers crossed*

So are we saying if you haven't been called, emailed or had a letter this week you can say your wait-listed or rejected? They had like 115 spots! How can they have filled them that quick???

So are we saying if you haven't been called, emailed or had a letter this week you can say your wait-listed or rejected? They had like 115 spots! How can they have filled them that quick???

At this point I am going crazy trying to figure out their admissions process 0_0