Medical Letter of intent for medical school - will it help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
I was placed on the top tier of the waitlist at a medical school. It is the only waitlist I am on (no acceptances) and I am wondering if I should send a letter of intent and how I should go about saying I will go if I was accepted. Or would it appear desperate or not impact my application?

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

It won't hurt. It is unlikely to help. If it will make you feel better, I generally advocate for sending just for your mental health to let yourself have the peace of mind that you "did everything possible."

If you send a message, keep it brief. Say why you think it's the right school for you and what you would add to them. Say you will attend if accepted. 4-5 sentences top.

Members don't see this ad :)
It won't hurt. It is unlikely to help. If it will make you feel better, I generally advocate for sending just for your mental health to let yourself have the peace of mind that you "did everything possible."

If you send a message, keep it brief. Say why you think it's the right school for you and what you would add to them. Say you will attend if accepted. 4-5 sentences top.
Agreed

it likely wouldn't impact anything. If you have added something significant for which you can give an update, that might be good.

Otherwise, as others have alluded to, it won't hurt, but it likely won't help. It's the same concept of sending thank you notes to interviewers.

I sent so many back in my day for residency positions. Now that I'm on the other side I think "Man, all those trees I killed".

Status
Not open for further replies.