LECOM Erie Class of 2012 Thread!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how to access the notes server from home yet? My username and password isn't working

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how to access the notes server from home yet? My username and password isn't working

Go to my.lecom.edu
under current students
go to notes and then launch off campus noteserver
then when it asks for username and password use
your username is: first.last (your first an last name)
and the password is: lecom

tried it and it works just fine. good luck

Go to my.lecom.edu
under current students
go to notes and then launch off campus noteserver
then when it asks for username and password use
your username is: first.last (your first an last name)
and the password is: lecom

tried it and it works just fine. good luck

Thank you so much!! You are now my favorite classmate!! haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we need to buy all three books for OPP? They are expensive!!

Are we allowed to wear shorts and t-shirt all day on OPP days?

If they haven't restructured OMM, I would just buy the Nicholas book, if that. It's expensive though. If you want to save money you can make copies of what you need from the reference copies they have in the library. Btw, they have at least two copies of the required books in the library so if you're there early you don't really have to buy most of the books.

Does anyone know of a good barber here in Erie? It's almost time for me to get a hair cut.

By lower peach street, do you mean more southern or more toward the water (lower altitude)? Furthermore, after a year of sitting behind me and telling jokes during lecture (which I encouraged), you could have told me sooner. What other 411 have you been keeping to yourself? I know you told me that the moon landings were faked and that Amelia Earhart shot JFK, but I need some stuff that I can use.

I just realized that I have been going to Famous Hair too. I never noticed the name of the place. They also give a military discount.

MedicineMan99, I think about half of our original ISP class has left the program, but I will still be your friend. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow, are you still the vice president of the pediatric gynecology club?

BTFW, there is now an Indian restaurant in town. Somebody needs to open a Thai place, then Erie will have everything I need except Zeppelins and French maids.

Milamber, go to Famous Hair, and quit reading this crap (you have a test in the morning).

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] Still looking for a place to stay near LECOM? (Short-term or for the year)

I have a 2 bedroom apartment at Laurel Ridge and am looking for a quiet, nonsmoking female roommate to share rent and electric. LECOM is just next door, and this is a very nice place- and with a roommate the cost will be quite reasonable.

I have common-area furniture (no TV or plans for one).
If you are, for instance, on rotation and just need someplace to stay for a short time, I do have something of a futon that you could use if it would make life easier.

Please message me if you'd like to meet.

I just realized that I have been going to Famous Hair too. I never noticed the name of the place. They also give a military discount.

MedicineMan99, I think about half of our original ISP class has left the program, but I will still be your friend. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow, are you still the vice president of the pediatric gynecology club?

BTFW, there is now an Indian restaurant in town. Somebody needs to open a Thai place, then Erie will have everything I need except Zeppelins and French maids.

Milamber, go to Famous Hair, and quit reading this crap (you have a test in the morning).
I know... I know. Finishing up a few things now and its off to school.... YIKES!

Somebody needs to open a Thai place,

Actually Erie used to have a Thai place ..... they were shut down for serving what most westerners consider taboo meat. Then the place became a strip joint and now it is a car lot.
Across the street was another Asian place that was famous for it's chicken chow-meow, also shut down and also now a car lot.

Last edited:
So does anybody have any study tips on how to learn all the muscles and innervations for anatomy? I've tried making notecards, reading the book, but it just doesn't seem to be sinking in. Anything would help.:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year, I walked around with notecards talking to myself all the time. Everyone thought I was not-well, except Tenbulls. I was therefore quite successful in anatomy.

MedicineMan99 saved my bacon during the abdominal cavity section of anatomy by giving me the "Everything Powerpoint" which I have been circulating amongst your brethren. I can't attach it here, but feel free to approach the gentleman in the Army uniform (yours truly) and ask for it. Please bring a flash drive.

Last edited:
A certain tall, blonde lawyer MSII mentioned to me how there is now a void during ISP exams. Be comforted by the knowledge that I still occupy that very seat during PCSP exams. I also clandestinely rearrange the chairs for you guys, cuz the worse you do the better my class rank.

For clarification; I don't just memorize the stuff on flash cards, I meditate on it until understanding arrives. BTW, how did you not know that the accessory nerve was CN XI? Every child knows that!

It's spelled Absinthe, the Czech version (crap) is spelled absynth or absinth. Absinthe is now legal in the US, in fact you can get some of the real thing at the Wine and Spirits store at Liberty Plaza.

Last edited:
LT amindwalker, sir

Meaning no disrespect, sir, how is it that you are able to walk around here in BDU's and not in Alpha's? I mean every other male is required to wear a tie, and in the Corps that means Alpha's.

I would actually prefer to wear class A (Alpha) to school, but the uniform of the day (set by my chain of command) is ACU (army combat uniform). The fifth floor has determined that the ACU meets the LECOM dress code requirements.

I was instructed (by the fifth floor) to reply to inquiries put forward by students who may be envious of my tie omission with the following; "If you think it is unfair that I don't wear a tie to school, and you want to be afforded the same privelage, please feel free to answer the call to duty and take the oath of office."

Thank you Tenbulls for bringing it up.

Perhaps I should also note that the reason I wear my uniform to school is because I am actually on-duty while at school. Unlike all of the other military service personnel at LECOM, I'm in the Army National Guard, which has a unique program called AMEDD student recruiter. My job is to succeed in med school and promote the Guard.

I wear my uniform and when people ask me why, I tell them about the program. If someone is genuinely interested, I refer them to the appropriate recruiter. For this, I get active duty 2LT pay + housing and subsistence allowance (non-taxable) + health insutance for the wife & kids + life insurance + worldwide, space available travel. It adds up to about 42K/year after taxes. I can't be deployed during school or residency (I have to do a civilian residency), and after that, I will owe them 2 years at one weekend/month (during which time, I can be deployed only once for 90 days).

Thank you sir for your explanation. I inquired because it was brought to my attention when I was on campus on Friday and I said I would find the answer.

Sounds like a great deal ..... maybe I should think about re-upping again.

Nah ..... 21 years on active duty are enough. I answered my call once, however if the call should go out again I would not hesitate to re-answer.

Semper Fi

LECOM student in the news... and not in a good way. Yikes :eek:
Yeah, that was the talk in the first year class yesterday but now we are too worried about anatomy this week to care. The admin hasn't said anything about it yet.

I don't think the admin is going to say anything about it. LECOM hates anything negative being said about the school. I think they are probably going to hope it blows over and try to avoid making anykind of announcement or statement. If they say nothing they're basically distancing themeselves from the situation and student.

I don't think the admin is going to say anything about it. LECOM hates anything negative being said about the school. I think they are probably going to hope it blows over and try to avoid making anykind of announcement or statement. If they say nothing they're basically distancing themeselves from the situation and student.
I hope they know better than to ignore this. It won't blow over.

Thankfully, someone stepped up to stop this guy before he became a doctor. The scary part though is that these people make it through and some don't get caught until they've been practicing (e.g. Dr. Dale Dubin).

Also, check out the Smoking Gun report.

I hope they know better than to ignore this. It won't blow over.

Thankfully, someone stepped up to stop this guy before he became a doctor. The scary part though is that these people make it through and some don't get caught until they've been practicing (e.g. Dr. Dale Dubin).

Also, check out the Smoking Gun report.

Dubin was nothing compared to this, though. This is Michael Jackson bad. Good grief, its even WORSE!

Its great that someone reported him, but that is a pretty crazy story in itself. It was his ex-girlfriend/fellow sado-masochist. You can't make this kind of stuff up!

Don't die thread, please don't die!!! Buckeye4life, bkpa2med, MedicineMan99, Milamber, Tenbulls, let's keep this thing going for...no reason. OK I'm bored. :hardy: :laugh: :thumbup: :D:soexcited::clap::bow::claps::banana::lol:

Don't die thread, please don't die!!! Buckeye4life, bkpa2med, MedicineMan99, Milamber, Tenbulls, let's keep this thing going for...no reason. OK I'm bored.

Milamber is around, been helping us interviewers in the pre osteo thread. :thumbup:

Don't die thread, please don't die!!! Buckeye4life, bkpa2med, MedicineMan99, Milamber, Tenbulls, let's keep this thing going for...no reason. OK I'm bored. :hardy: :laugh: :thumbup: :D:soexcited::clap::bow::claps::banana::lol:
It's a saturday night, why are you posting on here? Why don't you hit up the Plymouth or the Brewerie?

Posting here will resume soon...

BTW went to Famous Hair on Peach and not the same as a real barber... my search will continue for a real barber shop not a fracking salon.

I know of two "real" barbershops in Erie ..... problem is they are both on the east side. If you are interested they are Dick West's on E.38th St. and Tarzan's on Buffalo Road in Wesleyville. Both served me well when I came home while on active duty.

I know of two "real" barbershops in Erie ..... problem is they are both on the east side. If you are interested they are Dick West's on E.38th St. and Tarzan's on Buffalo Road in Wesleyville. Both served me well when I came home while on active duty.
Sweet I'll have to check them out the next time I go for a haircut because salon's are for women and pansies.

See, AMindWalker will make a good doctor- here he is, breathing life back into a thread that's not even for his class. :love:

I have an interview at LECOM in 2 weeks, and I just wanted to know what LECOM's big selling point is. What do they really care about?

I have an interview at LECOM in 2 weeks, and I just wanted to know what LECOM's big selling point is. What do they really care about?
It's not what the school cares about. There is no magic answer on the interview that'll get you into next years class. Go to the interview and be yourself, talk up your strengths and downplay your weaknesses but be yourself. The interviewers have been doing this for a few years so I think they can smell BS when it comes.

Check out the pre-osteo forum and they have a LECOME thread about what to expect in terms of the interview day. Just read over the different learning pathways and the rules and regulations and you'll be fine, nothing to get nervous about.

Congrats to all for making it through the first chapter of the book of med school!

Hi, you guys. I am a pre-pharmacy major. I had a question... Did any of you or any of your classmates that you know of participated in Lake Erie Post Bacc program after receiving a BS degree? If so, how did you or your friend like it and does it helps out a lot in getting into the pharmacy or medical program at Lake Erie or any other schools? Please respond!!

Incoming students ...

I have a house located 3 blocks away from LECOM going up for sale. It's a 2 bedroom, 1 bath home. 8000 sq ft property, 1200 sq ft living space, driveway for 4 cars and everything in the home is updated. I put a brand new kitchen and bathroom into the house and carpet/tile and laminate hardwood.

I'm listing with a local realtor for $105k. For those with a child -- this home is in Millcreek Township so the schools are excellent.

With the price I am selling it furnished -- 2 queen size beds, dining room and sectional.

If anybody is interested please PM me. I'm willing to give you the realtor's percentage -- roughly $4-5k.

Thanks and Congrats!

Edit: BTW, this home only has property taxes of $1,000 compared to $3,000 if you buy a home in Erie County.

hey lecom-ers,

just wondering a couple things:

1. i was accepted to the pbl pathway for c/o 2013. is it true i won't be dissecting AT ALL? i thought only lecom-seton hill didn't have an anatomy lab, so those students wouldn't get to dissect. but i don't understand why they would make the anatomy lab and cadavers unavailable to a section of the students.

2. im looking at boston store place and alpine village apartments... any comments on how good these apartments are? any insight here would be helpful.

thanks!