Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My Bradenton application says decision deferred and I interviewed at Erie on 1/13. Does this affect when I hear back from Erie? Or it just takes over a month in general to get a portal change post-interview?

No, Bradenton.

I didn't receive one. I got a text update yesterday that pretty much said thanks for interviewing and I'll hear back soon. Then I randomly decided to check the portal again today.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
That's great to know. I hope you receive good news! All the best!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I just received an II today! I was wondering whats the best way to send letters? I see that you can have the writers email them directly or you can have them sent them through interfolio. I did not upload any on to AACOMAS since I did not think I would receive an interview because I completed so so late.

Also I see that I only have to send in 2 letters from science professors but I thought I read somewhere that a DO letter is required? Would it be preferable to have a DO letter in addition?

Hey guys I just received an II today! I was wondering whats the best way to send letters? I see that you can have the writers email them directly or you can have them sent them through interfolio. I did not upload any on to AACOMAS since I did not think I would receive an interview because I completed so so late.

Also I see that I only have to send in 2 letters from science professors but I thought I read somewhere that a DO letter is required? Would it be preferable to have a DO letter in addition?

Congrats! Stats if you don't mind me asking?

You don't need a DO letter. They would prefer it though.

Hey guys! Just browsed through the thread to get a feel on what to expect for my interview at the end of the month. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Hey guys! Just browsed through the thread to get a feel on what to expect for my interview at the end of the month. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
Do not be shy to chime in during the group interview. But be an active listener as well.

Reactions: 1 user
hey everyone who has had a portal change post-interview. Did you receive an email notification that your status changed or do you just have to keep stalking? Interviewed about a month ago so hoping for an update soon

hey everyone who has had a portal change post-interview. Did you receive an email notification that your status changed or do you just have to keep stalking? Interviewed about a month ago so hoping for an update soon
I am in the same boat so I would love to know as well. I hope we one month old interviewers hear back soon.

Reference something another person said and include their name at least once while giving your answers.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I will say that any joke I cracked everyone in the room laughed hysterically and when I said something kinda sad everyone was on the verge of tears...that's what you get with group interviews I guess haha

Interview on March 29th (Seton campus). Anyone else scheduled yet for that date?

Submitted my primary like a month ago. Secondary a couple days later. Interview invite a week or two later.

Stats 3.55 3.35 500 since it seems like someone always asks haha. Non traditional with ten years high call volume on an advanced life support rig. Looks like there's some pretty high MCAT that got interviews recently! Putting me to shame

Hey all, just withdrew from my interview on March 3rd, maybe someone can scoop up an earlier spot! Best of luck everyone :)

Hey All,

I've been accepted to another osteopathic school (ACOM) and they're asking me to put down a deposit. However I'm still waiting to hear back from LECOM after having interviewed over a month ago. There has been no change in my portal status and during the interview we were told that LECOM would notify us within two weeks about our status. I'm not sure what to do at this point because I'm interested in LECOM very much but I don't want to lose my spot at the other school if LECOM doesn't accept me. What is the most appropriate thing to do in this situation? Should I call LECOM and see if they can update me about my status?

Thanks!

Hey All,

I've been accepted to another osteopathic school (ACOM) and they're asking me to put down a deposit. However I'm still waiting to hear back from LECOM after having interviewed over a month ago. There has been no change in my portal status and during the interview we were told that LECOM would notify us within two weeks about our status. I'm not sure what to do at this point because I'm interested in LECOM very much but I don't want to lose my spot at the other school if LECOM doesn't accept me. What is the most appropriate thing to do in this situation? Should I call LECOM and see if they can update me about my status?

Thanks!
Yes I would. Same situation I'm in with LECOM and Western. Both schools worked with me on it. LECOM granted me a 2 week extension for the deposit and Western said they would let me know sooner since I showed them my LECOM acceptance.

Hi everyone.
I interviewed 2/16 and I am still waiting for a portal change. Fingers crossed it comes soon :)

Hey all, just withdrew from my interview on March 3rd, maybe someone can scoop up an earlier spot! Best of luck everyone :)

Hi there. Good luck at your other school! Did you cancel for Erie or Seton for the interview please?

Interviewed on 1/19. Has anyone from around that date had a portal change yet?Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on 1/13 and I haven't seen a portal change either so hopefully we all hear back soon. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on 1/13 and I haven't seen a portal change either so hopefully we all hear back soon. Good luck everyone!

From what I'v seen on here, people usually get portal updates on Tuesdays.

The committee usually meets on Wednesdays (direct source from LECOM admissions) as well.

The last portal update round seemed to be 1/23/17 for some of those Nov/Dec interviews.

The admissions office told me my decision would be in " the next round of portal updates" so I am checking the portal frequently.

Please post if you get a portal update!

Does anyone know when this "next round of portal updates" is. It's been over a month since the last 1/23/17 update.

Does anyone know when this "next round of portal updates" is. It's been over a month since the last 1/23/17 update.

The admissions office said that the decision to update portals come directly from the admissions committee and provost so they don't know any exact dates. I would think the portal updates happen about once a month so we should be due for another one very soon.

From what I'v seen on here, people usually get portal updates on Tuesdays.

The committee usually meets on Wednesdays (direct source from LECOM admissions) as well.

The last portal update round seemed to be 1/23/17 for some of those Nov/Dec interviews.

The admissions office told me my decision would be in " the next round of portal updates" so I am checking the portal frequently.

Please post if you get a portal update!

my portal was updated yesterday

Just rechecked mine... interviewed 1/19 and no portal change for me...

I interviewed 1/12 and my portal updated today! Good luck everybody! Hopefully everyone else that interviewed around that time will see a change sometime soon!

Yesterday was a matriculation packet deadline, so I assume now they have a better idea of open seats and who hasn't met the requirements. Hopefully that means acceptance notices are en route! :)

Just rechecked mine... interviewed 1/19 and no portal change for me...

No portal update for me either. They said my decision would be in the next round of portal updates..... hopefully, they are updating portals all day today/tomorrow or something.

No portal update for me either. They said my decision would be in the next round of portal updates..... hopefully, they are updating portals all day today/tomorrow or something.

I'll be checking throughout the day, I'll let you know if anything changes! I really hope you hear back this round, you've been waiting so long!

Was thinking rejection when everyone from 1/19 had a portal change today but me... when I realized I interviewed 1/27 #fail