Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believed items will show up when you have an II, cause I see mine. However, they all red X, not check boxes. I emailed them about it and waiting for response now
I called them about that and they said that they will update their systems the week before your interview, so as long as you submitted everything they will come up as green checks once they update their systems.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey do you need to submit your LORs with your primary? What if I upload the LOR to AACOMAS after I submit my primary to all schools??
I believe you should be fine, if I remember correctly one of the people who wrote my LORs sent it in after I submitted my primary.

I called them about that and they said that they will update their systems the week before your interview, so as long as you submitted everything they will come up as green checks once they update their systems.
That is what they did last year. And at the end of the interview day you should be able to go to the admissions office and have someone there check your file to make sure you are complete

Members don't see this ad :)
I chose my interview on July 15th at 8:00 am. It's going to be a "fun" twelve hour drive all the way from Georgia.

Reactions: 1 users
Those of you with II: When did you receive the "we have processed your supplemental app" email?

Hey everyone, for those that have received interview invites please update the official interview invites thread. Thanks!

when were you complete?

First of all, thanks for reminding me about letters!

My committee will submit their letter in one or two weeks, and LECOM requires all letters in BEFORE the interview. So I just emailed to reschedule on July 29th to make sure my committee has enough time to get their letter in (it'll take them 1-2 weeks max).

If you're wondering when I was verified, it was June 10th. I received a secondary on June 20th and submitted it the same day. My secondary was processed on June 23rd.

At the moment, I am not complete until my committee send their letters.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone, for those that have received interview invites please update the official interview invites thread. Thanks!
Where is the thread? I'm too lazy to Google (there're TONS of LECOM threads).

Got an II earlier today!

Members don't see this ad :)
I chose my interview on July 15th at 8:00 am. It's going to be a "fun" twelve hour drive all the way from Georgia.
Still better than 33 hours drive from CA lol.

And we do received our processed email.

Should I be worried if I haven't received a secondary or any other emails about them receiving my application? Everything received and verified 6/23. GPA ~3.7 MCAT ~511

Should I be worried if I haven't received a secondary or any other emails about them receiving my application? Everything received and verified 6/23. GPA ~3.7 MCAT ~511

Its still really early in the application cycle. I wouldn't worry just yet. If you don't get anything after July then start raising some hell.

I am assuming it takes 4-5 days after your supplemental is processed to hear back hmmm.

:bang: watching inbox like my life depends on it

Reactions: 3 users
Njce. When is yours?

They actually let me pick a date so i'm deciding whether to pick July or August(since i'm from California--and awaiting a response on another med school in Penn region--so hopefully I can knock it out in one flight and not deplete my bank account this quick!)

To those of you refreshing your emails(I was literally doing the same thing yesterday after watching this thread) avoid being another lab rat in this Skinner box and try to occupy your time with other stuff-- this place makes me far more neurotic than I need to be-- I went to gym to go run, and that seems to help. Watch a movie. Something, but rotate between stuff and this site!!

II!!!!!! Verified 05/28. Submitted secondary 06/24.

3.41cummulative 3.58 science and 28 MCAT

I can't believe how fast this school is moving through this application process

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Nice nice. When you gonna go?

To @LutGholein , I'm also from California, and I'll go July 29

Congrats! I didn't apply here but kind of wish I did now haha

Did the ones who got II already submit your LOR with your primary?

I am still waiting for the secondary................I submitted the verified app on June 22nd...

Scheduled Interview for 07/29/16 at 8AM.

Hope to meet some of you guys :pompous:.

OMS-III chiming in. As I told last year's thread (repeatedly), DON'T read too much into the Portal timing! It's not predictive of anything, pre- or post-interview. I know the urge to keep clicking refresh is strong, but your time is better spent enjoying summer weather, sleeping, or watching Netflix.

If you have any questions-- especially about PBL or Seton Hill-- feel free to tag me and I'll do my best to get back to you, but can't promise you a fast response because my free time is pretty limited and very unpredictable.

Best of luck!

Did the ones who got II already submit your LOR with your primary?

I am still waiting for the secondary................I submitted the verified app on June 22nd...

Yup

Which campus are these II for? I applied for Bradenton the first day it came out and haven't gotten an invite unfortunately. :(

My application was verified on June 23, and I haven't heard anything since... I'm not sure if I should be worried? :(

My application was verified on June 23, and I haven't heard anything since... I'm not sure if I should be worried? :(

It's only 6 days from June 23... i was verified from 05/26 and did not receive secondary until 06/23

All dates before 6/15 are irrelevant. I understand that DO schools do not receive our info until that date.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Has anyone heard from LECOM-B? My primary was verified 6/24 (26 MCAT, 3.84cgpa, 3.77 sgpa) but haven't gotten any secondaries from any of the LECOMs.... I am getting worried, maybe my stats aren't good enough?

Has anyone heard from LECOM-B? My primary was verified 6/24 (26 MCAT, 3.84cgpa, 3.77 sgpa) but haven't gotten any secondaries from any of the LECOMs.... I am getting worried, maybe my stats aren't good enough?

I called them today and they said my application wasn't in their system... I don't even know what that means >.<

I called them today and they said my application wasn't in their system... I don't even know what that means >.<
Oh gosh... well we only got verified like a week ago so maybe they're still processing.

Congrats to everyone who got an interview! Good Luck!
Still waiting for an email here

Oh gosh... well we only got verified like a week ago so maybe they're still processing.

What scares me is that people are already getting interview invites and my application isn't even in their system after a week =='