Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just did. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Question: I received the secondary invite from Bradenton but not Erie. However, under the LECOM tab I can see the secondary and could theoretically fill it out. Should I do it, or wait for an official email from them?

The same thing happened to me but in the opposite order. I got the email a day later. The portal probably just updated before the email went out.

When does this school start interviews? Interviews begin even before they receive LoR right?

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys should be receiving invite starting in July.

Question: I received the secondary invite from Bradenton but not Erie. However, under the LECOM tab I can see the secondary and could theoretically fill it out. Should I do it, or wait for an official email from them?
I got Erie first, and then a couple days later I got Bradenton. I wouldn't fill out a secondary that they haven't asked you to fill out, but I'm sure the invite is coming soon, so you would be using the same portal! One thing you can do is just start the secondary and then submit it as soon as you get the email!

Weird because I received both emails. @holdthemayo

Both if mine statua are under review now

Yeah I'm not sure why there was a delay on the second email for me. I ended up waiting until I got it before doing the other secondary, but it was listed on the portal the day before. Both of mine are now under review.

Reactions: 1 user
Does this school accept before even receiving LoR if they do interviews before them? Or do the wait to accept till after LoR?

Hi guys I just got an interview invite for Lake Erie ! My secondary got processed on June 24th. Im kind of surprised how fast that was. I just have a question, when i click on the "folder items" for me, all of the requirements don't have that green check next to them lol So do they interview before receiving letters ? or such

Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys I just got an interview invite for Lake Erie ! My secondary got processed on June 24th. Im kind of surprised how fast that was. I just have a question, when i click on the "folder items" for me, all of the requirements don't have that green check next to them lol So do they interview before receiving letters ? or such

OH WOW! Congrats! I just got a secondary processed email for Lake Erie and Bradenton today. Do you mind sharing your stats if you do not mind?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the interview request too! Yeah they require the LOR be submitted prior to the interview date but still invite people without having the LOR. I know this since my pre-health committee hasnt submitted their letter yet for me.

Reactions: 1 users

Congrats! Were the letters the only thing you're missing?

When is your interview date?
I got scheduled for the 15th of July, but might have to reschedule since idk if my LOR will be submitted by that time.

Congratulation. I got processed June 24, still not heard anything. Did they contact you using email?

@LutGholein No they sent out an email with an interview date already set. They did say I could reschedule though, so hopefully they process my request .

Thanks guys! Yea so i called them
OH WOW! Congrats! I just got a secondary processed email for Lake Erie and Bradenton today. Do you mind sharing your stats if you do not mind?
Thank You! Sure my gpa is 3.9 and 30 mcat

Last edited:
Congrats! Were the letters the only thing you're missing?
I actually submitted my letters a while back but I called them and they told me that they still have to update their systems and will do it the week before your interview. So i guess its just their systems lol

Congratulation. I got processed June 24, still not heard anything. Did they contact you using email?
Thanks ! Yea they sent me an email along with my interview date

Do you need to submit LOR with your primary??

II. Oh yeah... I actually can schedule it through the website though.

Gonna go on July 29th...8:00 AM lol

Last edited:
Congratulations to everyone who got an interview! I will be a first year at LECOM and can answer questions you all have about the interview

Congratulations to everyone who got an interview! I will be a first year at LECOM and can answer questions you all have about the interview

Hey do you need to submit your LORs with your primary? What if I upload the LOR to AACOMAS after I submit my primary to all schools??

OOS and just got an II! Scheduled for 8/5 at 8AM because I can't take off of work for the other two dates.

No love yet. Thinking im a competitive candidate as well here.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

No love yet. Thinking im a competitive candidate as well here.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Anxiety, right? Trying not to refresh my inbox every 30 seconds... I was complete on 6/24 like the others :)

Reactions: 2 users
No worry. My stats are very normal for the school.

cGPA: 3.54 . MCAT. 502

Do you need to submit LOR with your primary??
For LECOM, no. You just need your LOR before your interview date. I will be submitting my LOR soon through AACOMAS, but it you can submit the letter after you submit the primary app to all the schools you are interested in.

What do you guys see in your "View Folder Items" tab to check the status of your letters? I have nothing listed at all - received or otherwise.

Atleast they don't pull what CCOM does . I get a heart attack Every time I see their name in the header

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks man. It's crazy that I still did not receive secondary for the VCOM things lol.

You will get one soon I bet.

What do you guys see in your "View Folder Items" tab to check the status of your letters? I have nothing listed at all - received or otherwise.

I believed items will show up when you have an II, cause I see mine. However, they all red X, not check boxes. I emailed them about it and waiting for response now

For LECOM, no. You just need your LOR before your interview date. I will be submitting my LOR soon through AACOMAS, but it you can submit the letter after you submit the primary app to all the schools you are interested in.
Thanks!

Do you know of any other schools that require LORs before releasing secondary? Will they auto-reject applicants without LOR?

Thanks!

Do you know of any other schools that require LORs before releasing secondary? Will they auto-reject applicants without LOR?
I'm not sure about particular schools. I do know that I received secondaries from LECOM, Ohio University, and Midwestern without having my LOR in